THE "CHATBOX"

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest
SacredCowSlayer
Administrator

Re: THE "CHATBOX"

Unread post by SacredCowSlayer »

simonshack » May 29th, 2019, 5:08 am wrote:
ghostofpedro » May 28th, 2019, 11:21 pm wrote:Where is everyone these days? Has everyone died of Media Fakery Fatigue?
Dear Ghostofpedro,

I'm having the same questions these days... Admittedly, I myself have not been as forum-active as usual lately, yet this can hardly explain the recent, sharp drop in forum activity (and of daily visitors). For instance, as I logged in today (as I've done practically every single day since Cluesforum's birth in 2009), there were no more than ....
Cluesforum4usersOnlineMAY29_2019_01.jpg
...4 visitors! And similarly low numbers have been a trend in the last few weeks / months. I can pretty safely say that this is a quite unprecedented state of affairs. Now, I hate to sound "conspiratorial", -_- - but I must wonder whether perhaps something fishy is going on, although I'm stumped as to what sort of fish that would would be. However, in later weeks I have noticed a sharp rise in the frequency of (various sorts of) "access denied" moments, such as this one - which occured earlier this morning:
CluesforumACCESS_DENIED_01.jpg
When such "denials of service" happen, I will just wait patiently for a while (sometimes several hours) until the forum returns online. To be sure, such downtimes have never occured as frequently in the past. Could this partially go to explain the recent drop in forum traffic? I don't know. Just saying...

I would of course appreciate hearing from other members whether they are experiencing similar (recurring) "denials of service" lately.
Simon,

For several weeks (maybe a couple of months)—I was seeing those extremely low numbers as well.

Yesterday I saw the visitor count around 43 (or so)—and I recall making a mental note that it was back to an ordinarily low(ish) number.

I’m pretty sure our visitor count could be monkeyed with—like strange YouTube view counts, etc. But, I can’t be sure.

Also, we could be logged in simultaneously—and see a different number. I’ll make a note to screenshot when I see extreme numbers.

Obviously CF is HEAVILY monitored and (practically) censored. I’m always up for ideas—provided I have the time. And that is something I’m lacking in recent days.

Normalcy (whatever that is) shall return again though.
kickstones

Unread post by kickstones »

When I click on the board index and then subject, General World Affairs for example, I get a page of topics and at the side of each topic there is a red circle with lines in, in some the lines are moving, in some they are still, what does this denote?
CluedIn

Unread post by CluedIn »

Same here, kickstones. I thought those circles/lines appeared only when I logged in, but have recently noticed them there when I'm just viewing.

I have had a few instances where the page hasn't loaded and I was told I didn't have permission. Nothing like that has happened recently, though.
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

ABOUT FORUM TRAFFIC STATS ...

This is absolutely hilarious... get this, dear readers:

So yesterday my mind dwelled back to the early days of my first version of September Clues - which I released in 2007 on a small video portal named "LIVEVIDEO.com". I did so because, already back then, I suspected that Youtube would perhaps not be the best place for me to publish this most "sensitive" 9/11 research of mine. Rather than sheer viewer numbers, I was more interested in having my 90-min documentary published online (in nine 10-minute parts) at what I perhaps naively figured was a "more stable / and less controlled" place such as Livevideo.com. Hopefully - I thought - the Livevideo viewers of my research movie would comment in a more articulate and intelligent manner than is the norm on Youtube. And boy was I rewarded by that choice! A constant stream of quite thoughtful (and mostly positive / appreciative) comments kept trickling in - from all over the world. Exciting times they were! I really didn't expect such a steady flow of supportive comments at the time. Golden days indeed...

Now, one of these early, supportive commenters was "Tufa", a fellow Swedish 9/11 researcher who had in fact also suspected (earlier than myself, i.e. around 2005 or so, apparently!) that something was awry with the 9/11 imagery aired on TV. He then kindly sent me (by snail mail) some most interesting DVD's containing original, HD-quality 9/11 video material from SVT (Swedish State Television) that he had personally managed to collect from SVT - by knocking on their door. But I'll soon get back to my valiant friend Tufa (whom I've, incidentally, never met in person - but hope to meet in the near future). Firstly, let me tell you what happened with that video portal (Livevideo.com).

To make a long story short, my blissful and encouraging period at Livevideo.com abruptly ended sometime in late 2010 - when the video portal suddenly (without warning) shut down! Here's a website which comments on (and laments about) Livevideo.com's mysterious disappearance. In fact, it was quite a disappointment for me too: only a week or so before its demise, Livevideo.com's Italian section had seen September Clues (part A) reaching N°1 (i.e. "most viewed video on Livevideo.com" - in Italy)...

In 2009, of course, I started Cluesforum - with the priceless help and skills of Hoi Polloi - and Tufa soon registered as one of its first members. Several years later, Tufa went on to launch his own forum, Tufavideo.net. As of today, however, it only has 9 registered users (which is a crying shame, since Tufa is truly a pioneer of the 9/11 imagery research - and deserves far more attention).

So yesterday I went to Tufavideo.net (which I admit not having visited for quite a while) to see how it was faring "traffic wise".

Well, here's what I found ...
TufaVideo_Screenshot_01.jpg
Let me translate this line for you :

"Ci sono 0 utenti registrati, 0 utenti invisibili e 16522 utenti anonimi che stanno visitando questo forum."
"There are 0 registered users, 0 invisible users and 16522 anonymous users [currently] visiting this forum."

Another line says:
"The maximum number of users online was 867672 on Monday, 26 December 2016 at 15:34"
Woohaa! That's about 1656 X more than Cluesforum's figure of maximum number of users online ("524 - on April 21st, 2013") !

Now, don't get me wrong: I do not wish to make a big deal about this (I think we all know about "bots" and other such cyber trash). However, you may agree that it makes one wonder about the credibility / significance / reliability of ANY traffic stats displayed at ANY internet forum...

On the other hand, I am secretly hoping that the Tufavideo.net traffic stats are more credible than our own : if Tufa's forum (with its 9 registered members) has around 15000 anonymous visitors every day, Cluesforum might have a few hundred thousand anonymous daily visitors! :P
sharpstuff

Unread post by sharpstuff »

Dear Esteemed Clues Members,

My apologies for putting this in Chatbox. At present, I cannot contribute much to the forum at present as I am awaiting surgery for cataraxts and I have only one eye operable. Understandably I am anxious of a positive outcome.

I was interested in the Moon Hoax reference to Wallace and the notion that one cannot maintain thrust in a vacuum but was unable to read the .pdf as I have to write in Wordpad which offers high contrast and extra large print as I have always been photo-sensitive since birth as well as my present situation (A decent CRT would be useful even with a 24" LED monitor).

If anyone could possibly transcribe the .pdf into something I can read on Wordpad, I would be most grateful.

I am hoping that I can later post my own work on my Push-Pull theory (buoyancy (question of balance)) relating to the notion of gravity ('Something is rotten in the state of Denmark' (Hamlet)).

Be well.

Sharpstuff
(Proud to be a member of September Clues)
patrix

Unread post by patrix »

sharpstuff » June 2nd, 2019, 10:56 am wrote:Dear Esteemed Clues Members,

My apologies for putting this in Chatbox. At present, I cannot contribute much to the forum at present as I am awaiting surgery for cataraxts and I have only one eye operable. Understandably I am anxious of a positive outcome.

I was interested in the Moon Hoax reference to Wallace and the notion that one cannot maintain thrust in a vacuum but was unable to read the .pdf as I have to write in Wordpad which offers high contrast and extra large print as I have always been photo-sensitive since birth as well as my present situation (A decent CRT would be useful even with a 24" LED monitor).

If anyone could possibly transcribe the .pdf into something I can read on Wordpad, I would be most grateful.

I am hoping that I can later post my own work on my Push-Pull theory (buoyancy (question of balance)) relating to the notion of gravity ('Something is rotten in the state of Denmark' (Hamlet)).

Be well.

Sharpstuff
(Proud to be a member of September Clues)
Dear Sharpstuff,

I did a transcription in Rocketry thread a while ago. You might find a longer one I think I did if you search the thread
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1632&hilit=Rocketr ... 5#p2405558

I believe many engineers and scientists were pretty upset at the time and there are probably more things written about this to be found in archives. The science and media hoax seem to have kicked into full gear around the turn of the 20th century. With Einstein et.al.

I wish you best of luck with your recovery Sharpstuff. /Patrik
pov603

Unread post by pov603 »

Best of luck with the op Sharpstuff!
kickstones

Unread post by kickstones »

12 Killed in Rampage at Municipal Center in Virginia

Police officers remained outside the Virginia Beach Municipal Center after a gunman killed 11 people there on Friday.

Eerily, the police had scheduled a community workshop for Saturday morning on how to prepare for a mass shooting. The “active threat citizens defense” event had 36 people scheduled to attend, according to the department’s Facebook page.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/31/us/v ... oting.html
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

Dear all,

Sorry for my prolonged absence lately. The thing is, I was "thrown off the grid" (with no prior warning) for the last few days - due to some unpaid electricity bills ... However, I must say that I enjoyed the experience - what with those romantic evenings in candle light. It also "forced me" to read some great books that I had meant to read for some time... so, as they say, every cloud has a silver lining. -_-

It's quite amazing to think that, just a few centuries ago, only candle light was available to read a book after sundown.
thisisunreal

Unread post by thisisunreal »

Dear CluesForum, just responding to the BBC's article on the Arab-Israeli peace plan. Trump has cracked it. $50bn ought to solve it! The BBC outlines what a failure the talks have been.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-48743663

They (the Palestinians) know it is game over and there is no way back. Of course, the posturing continues with the recent talks, chaired by none other than Jared Kushner. Given the delicate nature of arguably the worlds most intractable dispute, what is Jared's particular expertise? Let's see what Wonkypedia has to say.......

"American investor, real-estate developer, and newspaper publisher who is currently senior advisor to his father-in-law"

Brilliant! What then, prey tell, could this trust fund baby be advising the orange actor on? Perhaps he will fall back on his impartiality......no wait! That's not right. He's Jewish! Ah.......Houston we have a problem! This is comedic. A Jewish teenager advising a former actor to throw $50bn at a problem neither understand nor wants fixing, with no idea where to get the money or what to do with the money! It's slapstick. No wonder nobody turned up. Still, the conference would be a good opportunity to chat with former war criminal Tony Blair about the wider destruction of the Middle East.

We're witnessing the death of a country in technicolor slow motion. It's confusing, as whilst you read the BBC, there is a complete disjuncture between the history, news and reality! It's a bit like watching a BBC documentary where David Attenborough has become confused,

"behold the aggression of the Springbok who has deliberately wandered into the Lions den with a view of terrorizing it. The Springbok is a known disrupter of the Lions mating rituals. Watch it being physically ripped limb from limb. It won't make that mistake again, that's for sure! Whilst they pose no serious danger to the Lion, the Lion has every right to defend itself from the defenseless creature and may indeed enjoy the kill. The Lion after all must eat and must expand it's territory wherever it likes. The springbok represents a justifiable prey. And it is also a real spectacle to see some blood spilled . Anybody who denies the magnificence of the springbok being ripped apart denies nature and it's all it's efficient glory. A truly awesome sight, behold nature at it's most fierce! The lion"!

Viewers at home be like....

"DAVID......What the hell"?

Edited for readability
thisisunreal

kickstones » June 3rd, 2019, 8:48 am wrote:12 Killed in Rampage at Municipal Center in Virginia

Police officers remained outside the Virginia Beach Municipal Center after a gunman killed 11 people there on Friday.

Eerily, the police had scheduled a community workshop for Saturday morning on how to prepare for a mass shooting. The “active threat citizens defense” event had 36 people scheduled to attend, according to the department’s Facebook page.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/31/us/v ... oting.html
Yet another calendar clash of a drill and an actual attack!

It's sad just how jaded these photo shopped cropped cops have become! Lifelessly inserted into the scene. Must have been a somewhat boring rampage judging by their faces.

Closer inspection of the photo shows all the usual issues (no mouth, badge bleeds into the grass, weird artifacts around the neck etc).
pov603

Unread post by pov603 »

Strange how things go, and the stories Hollywood likes to “remind” us about...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_v_Ferrari

A story I did not know anything about, however this caught my eye...

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/a ... wisconsin/
Face it, the world of automobiles is relatively tepid compared with the steamier realms of the entertainment biz with its rapper firefights and Anna Nicole's idiocy or even Wall Street's high-rolling crooks or big-time pro jocks' constant screw-ups with John Law. Cars and car people seldom make the front page of the New York Post or become subjects of a "list and I ripped from the headlines" Law & Order episode-at least since John Z. De Lorean mercifully departed the scene.
We make big news only when a superstar such as Dale Earnhardt is killed or when a scandal such as the Ford/Firestone disaster jiggles the newsroom needles. Otherwise, we operate outside the nutball world of the Whitney Houstons, Martha Stewarts, Lizzie Grubmans, Snoop Doggs, Tonya Hardings, Mike Tysons, and the bevy of silk-suited mountebanks and bunco artists who ran Enron, WorldCom, Adelphia, etc. But every once in a while a small mystery surfaces like the one in the '80s that suggested Lotus founder and design genius Colin Chapman had not died but rather bailed out of his failing empire and vanished-possibly to join Adolf Hitler in Argentina.
Now comes another mini-mystery that, although intriguing to motorheads, is unlikely to trigger much interest with Dick Wolf and his L&O scriptwriters. It reached me via a retired San Jose, California, police officer named Fred Jones. After extensive research, Jones has compiled a fascinating dossier that suggests that star race driver Ken Miles might have survived the reported fatal crash at Riverside on August 17, 1966, and was found living in an abandoned school bus in rural Wisconsin.
Miles was a transplanted Englishman who came to California in 1952 and gained fame first as a sports-car racer and builder, then as the chief development driver for Carroll Shelby. He died, by all accounts, when his Ford J-car prototype crashed during private testing. Although the racing world mourned the death of the wry, witty, often outspoken man known as "the Hawk," he had drifted into that repository of motor-racing immortals and was all but forgotten until the late '80s when Jones was notified by an enthusiast doing research on Miles and the J-car that there were two death certificates on file in the Riverside County archives.

Jones's subsequent investigation produced a few eyewitnesses who believed that Miles was still breathing when loaded into the ambulance, although he had massive head injuries. Others insisted he was dead, even decapitated.

In the late '80s, Jones retired from police work. He was living in Pebble Beach, where he had accumulated a large collection of Cobras and Ford race cars. He traveled east several times and visited the man known as Ken Miles in tiny Scandinavia, Wisconsin. He found him living in poverty, hobbled by injuries and crutches, subsisting by repairing power mowers.
"He was quiet, self-effacing, hardly a show-off," recalls Jones. "His neighbors talked about him as the 'ex-race driver.' He didn't seem to have an English accent, except for a few phrases, and his memory was spotty. Yet he seemed to know a great deal about Cobras and Shelby American. What shocked me were his driving skills. He had a beat-up old Ford Torino sedan, and he flung the thing around with uncanny skill."

But there were anomalies. "Based on the pictures of Miles that I could find, the ear lobes didn't match. That's a pretty definite way to identify people and difficult to alter," says Jones.

The overriding question was why would Ken Miles, successful race driver, end up in the backwaters of Wisconsin, even if he'd managed to survive the terrible crash at Riverside? "He claimed to have been given a couple of million dollars by Ford to disappear," recalls Jones. "He said they didn't want a badly injured survivor of one of their car crashes to be in public. After moving to Hawaii, he told me his wife, Mollie, and son, Peter, became estranged and made off with his money." Jones attempted to get some answers from the likes of Carroll Shelby, who, when asked about Miles at the Monterey Historics, reportedly dropped a plate of food in shock and refused to speak about the issue. Phil Remington, Shelby's aide-de-camp during the Cobra wars, vehemently claimed that Miles had been killed, as did Shelby driver Bob Bondurant.
I’ve taken the liberty of cutting/pasting the whole narrative.

What struck me was the Fact that this story was, “apparently” aired in 2003 so is not a “new phenomenon” that people may throw at 9/11 naysayers.
Also, some of the people references who had @strange” things happen to them ie Martha Stewart (prison for insider trading late 2001), Lizzie Grubman (didn’t know if her but she served “38” days prison for dangerous driving in 2002), Whitney Houston (untimely death?...)
fbenario

Unread post by fbenario »

pov603 » June 27th, 2019, 6:57 am wrote:What struck me was the Fact that this story was, “apparently” aired in 2003 so is not a “new phenomenon” that people may throw at 9/11 naysayers.
Also, some of the people references who had @strange” things happen to them ie Martha Stewart (prison for insider trading late 2001), Lizzie Grubman (didn’t know if her but she served “38” days prison for dangerous driving in 2002), Whitney Houston (untimely death?...)
Could you rephrase this for greater understandability?
patrix

Unread post by patrix »

The fool speaks, and the wise man should listen

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8YEc4-Uz-c
thisisunreal

patrix » June 28th, 2019, 10:23 am wrote:The fool speaks, and the wise man should listen

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8YEc4-Uz-c
Behold the oppositional force of comedy! The most opposing, truth giving element of the media! What a complete sham from start to finish. The complete scripting of the interview! He even wears a space related t-shirt.

I find the video disquieting. There are three segments, two of which are discredit yet George Carlin (as a 3rd section) is giving some reality. He is lionised as a truth giver, but when I see him performing this routine, I wonder to what degree he acted as controlled opposition (perhaps unconsciously, but perhaps not, I don't know). I find the laughter of the audience strange for George as his invective is angry, isolating and not actually funny. He is interesting, his points well made and accurate, but alas, not funny. One wonders if he was used to drip drip drip elements of truth that were framed to go to a prescribed limit, just as Chomsky laid out his five filters in Manufacturing Consent all those years ago. Perhaps he produced no real threat as he explains 'what we have', yet sheds no light on how this is happening (the real magicians trick). We know the money is moving from public to private hands, but we don't see the actual transfers and how they are enacted and we can't describe them well enough. Anyway, yet another video showing a Hollywood insider mobilised with deliberate intent.

The documentary, 'Jim & Andy': The Great Beyond (2017), featuring Jim Carrey is described thus,

Using 100 hours of footage from the set of "Man on the Moon," filmmaker Chris Smith documents Jim Carrey's transformation into legendary performance artist and comedian Andy Kaufman.

It is interesting as it shows Carrey's mental debenture and complete psychological destruction. Some might argue, his own personality is fractured to achieve the perfect caricature of Andy Kaufman in much the way David McGowan warned about in his disturbing book, 'Programmed to Kill'. Perhaps this is a hint at the mental degradation encouraged, promoted and necessary to become a hit in Hollywood? Either way, he does not seem a healthy specimen at all when you watch him.

Edited once for readability