THE "CHATBOX"

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest

Re: THE "CHATBOX"

Unread postby simonshack on Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:16 am

Dear all,

Phew - I'm finally back online, folks... As I returned from Sweden last week, I found both my laptop and my internet & phone modem grilled by a lightning strike (a freak "tropical" summer thunderstorm caused havoc in Rome a couple of weeks ago). Finding a reasonably priced used laptop wasn't the hardest part though. The toughest part was to get my dormant phone company to dispatch a technician... who eventually arrived and ascertained the violent death of my modem. It then took four more days to receive a replacement modem (by snail mail) - and to get it to actually work! To be sure, Italy ain't the best place for prompt tech assistance, mamma mia...

Anyways, the Sweden trip was just lovely. Patrik and I went to the charming island of Hven (where Tycho Brahe made most of his stellar observations) and visited the Brahe museum and observatory. We then made another TYCHOS presentation in Gothenburg - as we did back in February - this time with the upgraded Tychosium simulator which has now attained a jolly good level of precision and functionality. Although it is not for me to say, I do feel that it all went very well as the audience showed genuine interest and participation - what with a long Q&A session which caused the presentation to last for a full 4 hours instead of the intended 2!

A model of the amazing Uraniborg, Tycho Brahe's terraced "castle" on the island of Hven - which was inexplicably destroyed soon after his death:
UraniborgModel_01.jpg

A partial view of Stjerneborg, Tycho's underground observatory - on the island of Hven:
Stjerneborg_01.jpg

Simon, Tycho and Patrik scouring the skies - on the island of Hven:
SimTychoPat_01.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
simonshack
Administrator

Unread postby patrix on Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:50 pm

Nice pictures! It was great having you here Simon and I hope you will come over again soon :-) /Patrik
patrix

Unread postby pov603 on Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:04 am

Welcome back, Simon.

With the alleged death of Jeffrey Epstein this weekend and the “loss” of information he may well have had (like TPTB don’t already know)...
New York Mayor Bill de Blasio has called for a full investigation, calling it "way too convenient".
"What a lot of us want to know is, what did he know?" said Mr de Blasio, who is also running for the Democratic presidential nomination, told reporters in Iowa.
"How many other millionaires and billionaires were part of the illegal activities that he was engaged in?
"Well, that information didn't die with Jeffrey Epstein. That needs to be investigated, too."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49309317

It did get me thinking about the “timing” of his so-called death during Eid-al-Adha...

It honours the willingness of Ibrahim (Abraham) to sacrifice his son as an act of obedience to God's command. But, before Abraham could sacrifice his son, God provided a lamb to sacrifice instead. In commemoration of this intervention, an animal is sacrificed and divided into three parts.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eid_al-Adha
pov603

Unread postby patrix on Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:46 pm

A probably less thought about effect of the space hoax is that it boosted the debt economy. The message was that the only way for America to prevail was if its younger generation took loans to get higher educations in science and engineering.

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXHwelwmQPA
patrix

Unread postby simonshack on Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:13 am

patrix » August 13th, 2019, 1:46 pm wrote:A probably less thought about effect of the space hoax is that it boosted the debt economy. The message was that the only way for America to prevail was if its younger generation took loans to get higher educations in science and engineering.

Aye, Patrik ...

Hopefully the smartest kids in town will soon realize that it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out just what the space hoax was all about. -_-
simonshack
Administrator

Unread postby cooler1021 on Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:39 pm

Simon I don't know if my earlier email and skype message reached you, or that you are too busy to reply, I just wanted to say that I happen to be in Rome soon for a short period. If you like to meet up you can reach me by email or skype :)
cooler1021

Previous

Return to THE LIVING ROOM