THE "CHATBOX"

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest
simonshack
Administrator

Re: THE "CHATBOX"

Unread post by simonshack »

SacredCowSlayer » October 10th, 2018, 8:39 pm wrote:
I want to express my sincere appreciation to the team here at CF for all the man-hours spent on this tedious task.
Ditto! Wow - thanks guys, and special thanks to you, dear SCS. I have no words to express my gratitude for your time helping out with this. :)

Now, I suppose some folks may wonder: "what the heck was all of this about? Is Simon out of touch with his own forum?"

Well, the sad truth is that I'm pretty much a computer illiterate - and as we ran into SSL issues last week, I was unable to resolve them.

For the record, it bears reminding that it was Hoi Polloi and Nonhocapito who, with their combined IT skills, made Cluesforum come true. They both spent untold hours doing so back in 2009 / 2010 - and I wish to thank them again from the bottom of my heart for their amazing and invaluable help towards creating this righteous and virtuous information outlet (as a free "social service" to the world). Since both Hoi and Nonhocapito are now apparently off to pursue other personal life projects (something that I can wholly appreciate and respect), I suddenly realized that I'm simply not up to the job of running this place all by myself. Fortunately, this now seems to be resolved - and if you will, you can call me "a fool" for not having anticipated such potential problems. Yessss, feel free to call me a fool!

Let me celebrate these good news by presenting "No Fool" - an album that my band (The Social Service) recorded In my little home studio back in 2006 :

https://thesocialservice1.bandcamp.com/album/no-fool

To be sure, we need to maintain and protect this forum against all attacks from what I like to call the "Nutwork" (a.k.a. the so-called "Powers That Be"). In this last decade, we have had many thousands of readers - mostly people who evidently (as I see it) are particularly thoughtful folks willing to switch off their TV sets and look for better / less biased information. It is an uphill struggle, but one that is very much worth pursuing - in my very honest opinion.
simonshack
Administrator

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

To all veterans of this forum, I have to share with you this fascinating screenshot I just made (Oct 11, 2018):

That's right! "Killtown", "MartinL" and "ozzybinoswald" - all three of these long-certified shills who have been absent for YEARS and YEARS on this forum (suddenly disappearing after first having praised our work - for many months - and successively flip-flopped and attacked it) are currently browsing Cluesforum!

I suppose they were genuinely worried about Cluesforum disappearing? :P

This fills me with hope and happiness: we are obviously - uhm - "a little thorn in the side" of the Nutwork - and they are keeping an eye on us.
HonestlyNow

Unread post by HonestlyNow »

simonshack » October 10th, 2018, 7:54 pm wrote:. . . and they are keeping an eye on us.
And they wanted you to know it, too, as otherwise they could have not signed in, or signed in with online status hidden. (Or, it seems so to me.)
pov603

Unread post by pov603 »

Welcome back and well done whatever you had to do! Phew...
SacredCowSlayer
Administrator

Unread post by SacredCowSlayer »

Dear CluesForum members,

As you are probably well aware, Simon and I have been doing almost all the moderating here as of late, and that has forced us to “dig deep” and work together. In that sense it is most definitely not a bad thing. That said, it is not really a sustainable long term plan of any kind. We both (like most) have other significant demands on our time, and importantly, our expertise relating to IT issues is . . . well . . . let’s just call it lacking. Neither of us deny that.

So, in discussions with both Simon and Hoi, I have expressed an outline for how we may set about to maintain this forum, and simultaneously forge ahead with a proactive mind towards carefully addressing inevitable challenges that naturally come with the passing of time.

Given all the things stated above, I think this is as good a time as any to inform our membership that I am personally training (slowly and methodically) two of our members how to moderate this forum. Neither one of them has a long posting history here, but they are very intelligent and have been following along carefully.

It will likely be a manner of days (or maybe weeks) before you see active moderating from our member Smokeythebarrister. He is a person I have tremendous respect for, and I have no doubt whatsoever that he will moderate in a fair and even tempered style, similar to yours truly. :)

You will most likely not see much (if any) moderating from our member Dani for weeks or even months. She is patiently and methodically learning. And when the time is right, you will see her start out with modest, yet proper moderating. I have complete confidence in her.

Rest assured neither of these wonderful people will be rushing in and causing ANY sort of a “shock” to our ever fluid, yet delicately maintained ecosystem here. Moreover, neither I or Simon are going anywhere (for the foreseeable future anyway), and I will personally keep a close eye on how things are maintained here. Stability and maintaining confidence here is key.

After all, that’s a big part of why I’m taking the time to put all this in a post. It’s my position that our membership be given an appropriate “heads-up” whenever possible. I do not take you for granted.

I sincerely appreciate our member PianoRacer volunteering his technical services and expertise as we forge ahead. The challenges here are both substantive and technical. In the absence of leadership concerning either aspect, this place ceases to be the Cluesforum we know.

Also (with respect to PianoRacer), while he most likely will not be actively moderating the forum, he certainly may as he sees fit. He and I have discussed this at length, and I am confident that his manner and temperament are (and will be) consistent with present leadership on the forum.

The valuable contributions of our members would be “fogged out,” should proper and even-tempered moderating fall to the wayside. Few things would discourage well written research and posts quite like a platform that gets sidetracked and clouded with nonsense and bickering, along with the more insidious forum disruption tactics deployed against us from time to time. I’m committed to not letting those things happen.

Finally, Simon’s point about Hoi and Nonhocapito pursuing “other personal life projects” is well made, and I sincerely appreciate, and indeed honor, the absolutely critical work and contributions they have made to this forum over (nearly) the past decade. I do hope they will feel the freedom to come and go as they please, with confidence that their hard work will properly be carried on.

When that time comes for me, I fully intend to leave in place (the best I can) leaders who will do a better job than I (or even Simon) have. But right now I don’t see that happening any time soon. And when it does, you’ll all know about it.

Thank you all for your contributions to this fine forum, and I look forward to the research developing long into the future.

My Warmest Regards,

SCS
simonshack
Administrator

Dear SCS,

I know, I've said / or hinted to this before, but let me state once again that I'm happy to have you on board of this valiant "discussion ship" - helping out steering it and keeping it on due course.

It feels good.
SacredCowSlayer
Administrator

simonshack » October 11th, 2018, 1:07 pm wrote:*

Dear SCS,

I know, I've said / or hinted to this before, but let me state once again that I'm happy to have you on board of this valiant "discussion ship" - helping out steering it and keeping it on due course.

It feels good.
Dear Simon,

Oh my . . . yes indeed, it is much like I would imagine steering a ship. Well said. I’ll be sure to try my very best to avoid the icebergs along the way. :lol:

Sincerely,

SCS
simonshack
Administrator

pov603 wrote: The forum has, of late, taken on a more philosophic tone rather than "exposing media fakery" as the tag line above says on the forum's introduction.
It then becomes more of a debate than an expose.
I think that our longtime member pov603 has a good point. Our forum's subtitle ("Exposing media fakery!") may now be a bit surpassed and obsolete.

After all, our collective efforts over the years have exposed far more than just media fakery (or "fake news", which the current, comical & cartoonish clown commander in Chief of the USA, Donald Trump, loves to talk about. I can't help but thinking that Cluesforum has had some marginal influence in making Trump's scriptwriters include the "fake news" meme in his speeches. There really weren't many websites exposing fake news back in 2009 - as this forum came to be).

So here's what I suggest: let us change our forum's subtitle ("Exposing media fakery!") to : "Exposing mass deceptions"

This will more accurately describe what we do here. After all we have exposed mass deceptions such as (to name just a few):

- 9/11 - as the "Hollywood production" that it was.
- NASA - as the lamest "technological supremacy" hoax of our times (and another "Hollywood production").
- The phony "atom" bomb - as the biggest "military" hoax of our times (and yet another "Hollywood production")
- The phony "Cold war" - as the silliest "peacetime geopolitical scary thriller" of our times (let alone WW1 and WW2!)
- Fake terror attacks staged all around the world - as the crassest "fearmongering" / relentlessly ongoing TV show of our times.
- Fake school shootings staged mostly in the USA and in the UK - as the most revolting use of supposed child murders for "emotional impact".
- The dubious "holocaust" - as opposed to true genocides such as the holomodor, and the mass murders of the Armenian and Native American people.
- The Big Pharma scams which regularly invent new / phony mass epidemics (Aids/Ebola.etc) in order to garner public support for their own profit.
- The banking / monetary mass deceptions entertained by the Nutwork to keep this world's population "enslaved in debt."
- And last but not least, the many scientific deceptions (in physics/cosmology/biology, etc) designed to dumb down humanity as a whole.

So yes, I think that "Exposing mass deceptions" would be a better subtitle for our forum. Would you able to change that, dear SCS? Thanks!
SacredCowSlayer
Administrator

simonshack » October 11th, 2018, 5:25 pm wrote:
pov603 wrote: The forum has, of late, taken on a more philosophic tone rather than "exposing media fakery" as the tag line above says on the forum's introduction.
It then becomes more of a debate than an expose.
. . .

After all, our collective efforts over the years have exposed far more than just media fakery (or "fake news", which the current, comical & cartoonish commander in Chief of the USA, Donald Trump, loves to talk about. I can't help but thinking that Cluesforum has had some influence in making Trump's scriptwriters include the "fake news" meme in his speeches).

So here's what I suggest: let us change our forum's subtitle ("Exposing media fakery!") to : "Exposing mass deceptions"

This will more accurately describe what we do here. After all we have exposed mass deceptions such as (to name just a few):

- 9/11 - as the "Hollywood production" that it was.
- NASA - as the lamest "technological supremacy" hoax of our times.
- The phony "atom" bomb - as the biggest "military" hoax of our times.
- The phony "Cold war" - as the silliest "peacetime geopolitical scary thriller" of our times (let alone WW1 and WW2!)
- Fake terror attacks staged all around the world - as the crassest "fearmongering" / ongoing soap opera of our times.
- Fake school shootings staged mostly in the USA and in the UK - as the most revolting use of supposed child murders for "emotional impact".
- The dubious "holocaust" - as opposed to true genocides such as the holomodor, and the mass murders of the armenian and native american people.
- The Big Pharma scams which regularly invent new / phony epidemics (Aids/Ebola.etc) in order to garner public support for their own profit.
- The banking / monetary / mass deceptions entertained to keep this world's population "enslaved in debt."
- And last but not least, the many scientific deceptions (in physics/cosmology/biology, etc) designed to dumb down humanity as a whole.

So yes, I think that "Exposing mass deceptions" would be a better subtitle for our forum. Would you able to change that, dear SCS? Thanks!
Simon,

I think that’s an excellent idea. Your observation about the silly Trump character is one I’ve been making for a while now.

I do think CluesForum played a part in forcing these power puppets to give off sound bites deceptively referring to “fake news.” The tactic of hijacking the language itself is all too familiar and common.

Unless another Admin beats me to it (which I’m fine with :) ), I’ll give it a shot this evening. If I can’t manage on my own, then I’ll ask our other capable Admins to lend me a hand.

I wholeheartedly agree that it’s now time to adjust to the broader and more accurate phrase you suggested above. I assume that “Exposing Mass Deceptions” will suffice?

Sincerely,

SCS
simonshack
Administrator

SacredCowSlayer wrote: I assume that “Exposing Mass Deceptions” will suffice?
Yes! :)
aa5

Unread post by aa5 »

One I would like to get into more are the WWI and WWII stories. Every individual aspect I have looked at so far, seemed unbelievably fake. For example that massive cannon/artillery the Germans allegedly had that was shelling Paris in WWI, and to do that it was said to shoot shells 75 miles(120 km). Paris was 75 miles away from the point of furthest advance of the Germans in the story.

Yet (in the story) the people of Paris reported hearing buildings blowing up from the shells. And the damage/casualties of these explosions were reported in the media on a daily basis. Of course at the end of the war, that long range artillery was never found. And to this day we do not have artillery that can shoot that far.

So assuming the French government was rigging explosions, and had reporters writing fake stories.. This suggest a significant behind the scenes infrastructure for carrying out a fake and continuing story. Obviously this was just one small aspect of the 'war', but it shows they had the capabilities to fake large stories, and were actively doing so. Making believing that they were faking many other aspects of the war more believable.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_Gun
Kham
Admin

Unread post by Kham »

Does Media = Military

Could this be how all governments work? To have control in the first place the population must perceive that the government is in control. Friendly or not, perception is key. Citizens clearly outnumber and outman any military so it seems like the real enemy is us. Our perceptions need to be managed in a specific way to support the culture/power of empire. What entity would fit that role? Who has the reach to influence the masses?

This is why I have started using the term military media, as they are one and the same.

The Art of War speaks of deception as a powerful tool as it saves valuable resources, etc. Perhaps the title should be The Art of Government.
SacredCowSlayer
Administrator

Kham » October 12th, 2018, 12:01 am wrote:Does Media = Military

Could this be how all governments work? To have control in the first place the population must perceive that the government is in control. Friendly or not, perception is key. Citizens clearly outnumber and outman any military so it seems like the real enemy is us. Our perceptions need to be managed in a specific way to support the culture/power of empire. What entity would fit that role? Who has the reach to influence the masses?

This is why I have started using the term military media, as they are one and the same.

The Art of War speaks of deception as a powerful tool as it saves valuable resources, etc. Perhaps the title should be The Art of Government.
Excellent point dear Kham. I have often referred to it in my posts as the “govern-media.” It sounds like we are saying the same thing with slightly different terminology.

Undoubtedly the vast majority of its power is derived from mass deception via “media outlets” nonetheless.
Observer
Banned

Unread post by Observer »

aa5 wrote:One I would like to get into more are the WWI and WWII stories. Every individual aspect I have looked at so far, seemed unbelievably fake. For example that massive cannon/artillery the Germans allegedly had that was shelling Paris in WWI, and to do that it was said to shoot shells 75 miles(120 km). Paris was 75 miles away from the point of furthest advance of the Germans in the story.

Yet (in the story) the people of Paris reported hearing buildings blowing up from the shells. And the damage/casualties of these explosions were reported in the media on a daily basis. Of course at the end of the war, that long range artillery was never found. And to this day we do not have artillery that can shoot that far.

So assuming the French government was rigging explosions, and had reporters writing fake stories.. This suggest a significant behind the scenes infrastructure for carrying out a fake and continuing story. Obviously this was just one small aspect of the 'war', but it shows they had the capabilities to fake large stories, and were actively doing so. Making believing that they were faking many other aspects of the war more believable.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_Gun
viewtopic.php?p=2396828#p2396828
viewtopic.php?p=2396876#p2396876
viewtopic.php?p=2396990#p2396990
viewtopic.php?p=2396992#p2396992
SacredCowSlayer
Administrator

simonshack » October 11th, 2018, 6:01 pm wrote:
SacredCowSlayer wrote: I assume that “Exposing Mass Deceptions” will suffice?
Yes! :)
Simon,

I changed it to “Exposing Mass Deception” after contemplating how an “s” on the end of “Deception” seemed to potentially suggest a limit on the breadth and scope (which is indeed massive) of this very important topic. Plus it sounds better to me.

SCS :)