THE "CHATBOX"

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest
sharpstuff

Re: THE "CHATBOX"

Unread post by sharpstuff »

Dear SCS,
I am posting this reply here as more appropriate. Thank you for any corrections made to my post.

I am currently using eye-drops for intraocular hypertension prior to awaiting surgery for cataracts. I am 74 years young. I have to use high contrast to be able to read posts (and much of anything). This is not an excuse but fact.

Let me thank you also for the hard work you and others have put into the effort of getting Clues back on line. It was like missing an old friend and the only forum I ever visit.

Be well.
Sharpstuff
SacredCowSlayer
Administrator

Unread post by SacredCowSlayer »

sharpstuff » October 13th, 2018, 1:19 am wrote:Dear SCS,
I am posting this reply here as more appropriate. Thank you for any corrections made to my post.

I am currently using eye-drops for intraocular hypertension prior to awaiting surgery for cataracts. I am 74 years young. I have to use high contrast to be able to read posts (and much of anything). This is not an excuse but fact.

Let me thank you also for the hard work you and others have put into the effort of getting Clues back on line. It was like missing an old friend and the only forum I ever visit.

Be well.
Sharpstuff
Dear Sharpstuff,

It was (and is) my honor to be of assistance to you in such a way. The post is all yours.
I find you to be a thoughtful and kind person, and I enjoy your writings very much.

Thank you for your feedback so I will be confident when deciding whether to edit your posts in the future. Now, IF my edit (in any way) ever somehow fails to reflect what you were expressing, don’t hesitate to send me a Private Message here.

And of course, thank you for the kind words. I’m as relieved as just about anyone that things seem to be stabilized around here.

My Warmest Regards,

SCS
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

Dear Kham,

"The Art of Government" would also be a neat subtitle for our forum - although it may perhaps be slightly perplexing / unclear for newcomers as a general description of this forum's contents. We don't want anyone to misinterpret it as if we are into some Governmental Artistry... ! ^_^

Dear SCS, as it is, I actually also hesitated the other day about that final "s" - thinking it would sound better without it. So yes, "Exposing Mass Deception" is just perfect, imho. :)
SacredCowSlayer
Administrator

simonshack » October 13th, 2018, 6:29 am wrote: Dear SCS, as it is, I actually also hesitated the other day about that final "s" - thinking it would sound better without it. So yes, "Exposing Mass Deception" is just perfect, imho. :)
Well Simon, to be fair, that “s” at the end of “Deception” took a back seat in my mind (initially) as I wondered just how to change the subtitle to begin with.

I’m glad it took me a couple of days to get to. By the time I figured out how, the “s” jumped out on the screen as nearly cringeworthy. The point is, you and I were already on the same page.

To me, this updated subtitle reflects a mature description of the organic continuum in which this research has, and will continue to methodically unfold over the years to come.

Thank you for prompting such a change. We are in agreement that it’s “just perfect” like this.

SCS :)
pov603

Unread post by pov603 »

My apologies as this ended up being a much longer post that I anticipated.
Please feel free to chop/change/delete as Mods/Admins may deem appropriate.

LOCKERBIE

Just a bit random...I know that there is talk on this forum of establishing specific topics in order to "streamline" the information contained herein, which, due to its wealth and depth of topics is becoming increasingly difficult to search through.
We [or should I say I] have to appreciate that just because we are now in a world where everything is expected to be at your "beck and call" within seconds/minutes so the same should not be expected with the act of searching/researching i.e it does take some time and effort which probably people are becoming less and less likely to want to "invest" in.
Such is the age we live in at present.

Anyway, this is totally random and my post is mainly to do with the following:
On the BBC webpage yesterday i notice a story regarding Lockerbie and the "downing" of the PanAm jet .
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-so ... d-45856000
For almost 30 years, a police officer who witnessed the aftermath of the Lockerbie bombing has been haunted by a single incident from a night of horror.

Colin Dorrance was on duty outside the town hall when a farmer drove down from the hills in a pick-up truck with debris from Pan Am 103 and, placed in the front seat, the body of a young girl.

The child was the first victim to arrive at what became a makeshift mortuary, but the young constable never discovered who she was, until a chance meeting with the farmer's son finally solved the mystery.

A terrorist bomb destroyed the airliner on 21 December, 1988, killing all 259 passengers and crew on board. Another 11 people died when the wreckage fell onto the Scottish town which gave the atrocity its name.

At 18, Colin Dorrance was the youngest police officer on duty that night and has never forgotten the child who was brought to him by the farmer.

He had carried the child into the town hall.

"It was the body of a child he'd found in a field at the back of his farm," he said. "It was a young child under the age of five. It looked as though they were asleep, it wasn't obviously injured, and it was just a shock to realise it was a passenger from Pan Am 103.

"At the time it all happened so fast. There were hundreds of passengers brought into the town hall. It was just a case of moving on then, but in years since it was something that bothered me. It was such an extreme, intense moment."

Colin chose not to use his position in the police to find out who the child was, feeling that it would have been unprofessional to do so.

"It took me 25 years to find out who the farmer was but I gathered that he suffered quite terribly as a result of what he experienced that night, and I didn't want to awaken any bad feelings, so I left it alone."

Like many people in Lockerbie, Colin has formed a close bond with relatives of the American victims, taking them on tours of the area so they can better understand what happened to their loved ones.

It was on such a trip on Friday that Colin finally discovered who the child was.

He'd gone to the farm where the body of 21-year-old student Lynne Hartunian was found, along with many other passengers from the plane.

"Fate just fell into place," Colin said. "The farmer was there and it was his father who'd brought the child to the town hall.

"He said it was a child by the name of Bryony Owen who was 20 months old and it had affected his father very badly over the years.

"The mystery if that's what you want to call it was laid to rest."

Bryony was travelling to the United States with her mother Yvonne Owen from Wales, to spend Christmas in Boston. They were laid to rest in a single coffin in the West Wales village of Pendine, Carmarthenshire.

Now retired, the 48-year-old is one of five men representing the emergency services who are taking part in a transatlantic fundraising bike ride to mark the 30th anniversary.

On Saturday, accompanied by 70 supporters, they cycled from Lockerbie to Edinburgh Castle. The next stage will see the group cycling 600 miles from the Lockerbie memorial at Arlington National Cemetery in Virginia to Syracuse University, which lost 35 students in the bombing.

Speaking after he arrived at Edinburgh Castle, Colin said: "I was thinking about Bryony today.

"There's just a sense of peace, a sense of conclusion to it.

"I now know the person I need to remember."
Forgive the long extract but I just wanted to show the level of BULLSHIT that they peddle on with these "world changing events".
Not in any particular order but these are the things that caught my eye(s):
  • 1. For almost 30 years...oh, so you mean 29 years? 2+9 blah, blah, blah
  • 2. The child was the first victim to arrive...but the young constable never discovered who she was...Really? A "policeman" couldn't find that out, not just at the time but during the inquest, or shortly thereafter?
  • 3. 21 December - of course, the winter solstice and the 356th day in a leap year of which 1988 was one...3+6 & 5+6?
  • 4. At 18, Colin Dorrance was the youngest police officer on duty that night...Really? I would have thought quite possibly the youngest police officer in the world! And of course, 1+8...blah, blah, blah...
  • 5. Colin chose not to use his position in the police to find out who the child was...Yeah, right...because it bothered him sooooo much...
  • 6. It took me 25 years to find out who the farmer was...Yep, that sounds plausible, in a remote but tightly-knit community, a police officer not knowing who the people are on his "beat"...
Anyway, on reading this load of BS i decided to "go-ogle" the memorial websites about this "incident" as I wondered how a "police officer man" [as Nick Frost might've said in Hot Fuzz] would not have thought about doing the same and seeing if a "sexless child" might well have the same name as a "parent", hence...
https://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf ... s_ago.html
Even a modicum of searching reveals this:
Bryony Elise Owen, 18 months, Bristol, England

Gwyneth Y.M. Owen, 29, Bristol, England
Again we have the 1+8 & 2+9 crap...
So unless there are other children i think it would be safe to assume this was the "child" to whom he referred.
Anyway, looking though the morass of "stuff" I also noticed this:
Eric Michael Coker, 20, Mendham, N.J. (SU-Univ. of Rochester)

Jason Michael Coker, 20, Mendham, N.J. (SU)
There was a photo of them which i cannot now find for some reason, however the mention of the "twins" got me thinking about you-know-what and so I decided [why? who knows...] to look up the name "Coker" only to be presented with this:

So the Coker "twins" are also "delayed Coker Towers" reminiscent of later events...
Of course all of this is mere speculation and "coincidence" as far as others are concerned but I think it goes to show how much sooner they start sowing the seeds and planting little "easter eggs" either to send messages to others or probably to have a laugh at our expense.
SacredCowSlayer
Administrator

Re:

pov603 » October 18th, 2018, 2:35 am wrote:
To lighten the mood a little:

Donald took his Washington cabinet out to the local steakhouse as a treat.
The waiter approached Donald and asked "What would you like Mr President?".
Donald replied "New York Strip Sirloin, medium-rare".
The waiter took the order and then asked "What about the vegetables Mr President?"
Donald looked at his cabinet around the table and said "They will have steak too"...
LOL! :lol: Thank you for that dear pov603! I do think some comic relief is in order from time to time.

I dare say my own personal health went up by a full notch when I laughed at the punchline above.

So, at a minimum, you win the “Engineering Health Award” for today. Sorry there’s no trophy or check involved here. I suppose the satisfaction of helping to make the day of this hard working Admin will have to suffice.

Thanks again,

pov603

Unread post by pov603 »

Glad you liked it SCS! :)
No better rewards than that...
sharpstuff

New topics for consideration

Dear Clues members and those who may wish to participate within this forum's rules.

Since the sub-title of this importantly most credible site has changed (Deception), it invites a number of other queries regarding possible threads that are also relevant to the original concept (so far as I observe it) to down-right fakery.

To deceive, one must fake events which capture the imagination (or whatever) of the recipient/s of that deception.

This allows not only the deception of those not capable of recognising such, but those who are sensitive enough to be ashamed as to what is portrayed to them via what is referred to as 'Main-stream Media' when they might just discover that 'something is not quite correct here' or 'it doesn't ring true'.

I have used the word 'engineering' for two posts so far which have had a variety of receptions. The discussions are there.

The very word 'engineer' is, I find, an apt description for those who use its meaning to control others. The notion of control of others is my major bugbear (especially of myself!).

In light of the notion of engineering, I might suggest another 'engineering' project for members, given the variety on this forum (or others who wish to have considered input) to pursue. There are some excellent minds here over the years.

I might suggest, and linked to 'staged events' that some-one might suggest a thread regarding 'Engineering Racism'? It really would be a soul-searching...

You might bet (without losing anything) that that chap Sharpstuff might start the first round (or square, triangle of other polyagonal object).

But seriously.....

Be well.
simonshack
Administrator

Re: New topics for consideration

Unread post by simonshack »

[sharpstuff wrote: I might suggest, and linked to 'staged events' that some-one might suggest a thread regarding 'Engineering Racism'? It really would be a soul-searching...
Dear sharpstuff,

I would certainly welcome if you (or any forum member) started a thread titled "Engineering Racism".
Ideally, the thread should be placed in our Worldwide Deceptions" section.

It should make for a most interesting discussion topic.
SacredCowSlayer
Administrator

sharpstuff » October 26th, 2018, 8:39 am wrote:

Engineering 'diversity'

Thesis

The apparent move by those we may not accept as any 'authority' that is constantly bombarding us that we should accept: 'diversity'.

It is my belief (as least, I imagine) that 'Diversity' is another (ploy) form of engineering. Social behavours.

It is a deception par excellence of engineering human behavious, much in the same way as engineering other human behaviours such as nutrition, disease, perceived racism or anything else that contradicts what controllers wish to denounce as part of 'ordinary' human behaviours, such as trying to survive in whatever is to us a 'natural' environment and working with each other to establish a mutual survival in particular environments that can establish such survival without conflicts with others and that might lead to a non-survival mechanism.
Dear Sharpstuff,

I’m beginning to wonder if we should pause and contemplate these subject titles for a moment.

The word “Engineering” has been used both in the negative (“Engineering Disease” and “Engineering Racism”) and in the positive with “Engineering Health.”

Unless I’m mistaken, I think we all agree that “disease” and “racism” aren’t positive things.

Maybe I’m being picky here, but I tend to think this should be addressed before we have yet another “Engineering” topic. I’d prefer our readers to see some degree of consistency about how the language is being used.

I’m open to feedback on this of course. And undoubtedly I’ll be discussing this with Simon very soon.
Perhaps one of us will return to provide some clarity on the matter.

Sincerely,

SCS
sharpstuff

[Admin Notice by SCS: Dear Sharpstuff, thank you for your humble deference and patience with me here. I respectfully placed your new topic here.]

Dear SCS and Simon,

I appreciate your comments. Thank you for pointing out the discrepancies regarding the positive and negative of the 'engineering' threads. On further thought, I think it best to disregard the topic 'Engineering Diversity' and please remove it from the forum. If at a later date such an issue might be explored, then so be it (perhaps with a new title and some-one else starting it). I apologise for putting you in a position to have to spell this out for me.

Be well.
Sharpstuff
Kham
Admin

Unread post by Kham »

Sharpstuff,

I thought Engineering diversity was a good thread. Seems like we need to explore why we are being forced to accept certain differences of human behavior while ignoring others.

SCS, are we getting a bit picky? If the title Engineering Diversity is not to your liking then I suggest you also go back and remove all those threads that have been started by banned members, you know, those professional typists that start discussions which no one ever continues. There must be dozens of them by now.
SacredCowSlayer
Administrator

Kham » October 27th, 2018, 7:43 am wrote:Sharpstuff,

I thought Engineering diversity was a good thread. Seems like we need to explore why we are being forced to accept certain differences of human behavior while ignoring others.

SCS, are we getting a bit picky? If the title Engineering Diversity is not to your liking then I suggest you also go back and remove all those threads that have been started by banned members, you know, those professional typists that start discussions which no one ever continues. There must be dozens of them by now.

Thanks Kham,

As to the second paragraph, you make a good point. I’ll be sure and bring that up with Simon as well. I do know that he routinely goes through the clutter (as time allows of course) to try and purge that kind of thing. I may be able to assist with that ongoing effort.

But in fairness to yours truly, my stated concern was about trying to bring some clarity and consistency to the use of language in topic headings (now, and going forward) that I anticipate our members and readers will be engaged in. So, to Sharpstuff’s credit, his topics have tended to gain traction.

And please don’t get me wrong. I like the idea of a topic on “diversity.” Your point in the first paragraph was well stated, and has my wheels turning . . .

Upon reflection (thanks to you ;) ), I must agree that the overall and ongoing discussions regarding social engineering would be incomplete without including how the buzzword of “diversity” has been used and misused over time.

Okay, I have moved the pertinent portion of Sharpstuff’s post, and started this new topic. Thank you Sharpstuff (again) for your well thought out contributions here.

SacredCowSlayer
Administrator

Dear members,

Please note that I have moved the topic “Engineering Disease” to General World Affairs. It seems appropriate to place it in the same part of the forum as its companion topic, “Engineering Health.”

SCS
Kham
Admin

Unread post by Kham »

SCS,

Your efforts are appreciated. I know future readers of Clues Forum will benefit from the clarity.

With thanks,

K