THE "CHATBOX"

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest
patrix

Re: REQUIRED: Introduce Yourself

Unread post by patrix »

Hoi wrote:
and the encounters we are having with people feeling they must protect their reputations by plugging their ears when being introduced to the Copernican system's broken logic.
I must say this is hilarious Hoi! Have you considered asking some independent media to cover your events or maybe do an interview yourself? I would be very interested to hear the reasons why a grown up would go to an event regarding the shape of the Solar System and cover their ears.
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

patrix wrote:I must say this is hilarious Hoi! Have you considered asking some independent media to cover your events or maybe do an interview yourself? I would be very interested to hear the reasons why a grown up would go to an event regarding the shape of the Solar System and cover their ears.
Please forgive my tongue-in-cheek reference to grown up behavior. The adult equivalent seems to be saying things like, "There is nothing strange! (But I haven't looked much into it and I don't have time to!)"

As for publicity, we are working on it but it's an uphill battle as you may well imagine and I must say we're also pretty relaxed about the whole thing. It's a very compelling work, so waiting for people to merely put attention on it is something we're used to. Having said that, we are going to approach publishers and media and whatnot. It's going slowly and peacefully at a snail's pace, like our Earth.

Sorry for my contribution in derailing, and let's keep this thread back on track. We can move our non-introduction discussions to the chatbox.

Simon and I are about to hop on a plane to Los Angeles so check on y'all later!
antipodean

Unread post by antipodean »

Simon and I are about to hop on a plane to Los Angeles so check on y'all later!
That's only a 12 hour flight from Auckland, a bit cold here at the moment though.
patrix

Re: THE "CHATBOX"

Unread post by patrix »

Deadly shooting at Maryland newspaper

If an investigation shows that this shooting is yet another media hoax (my bets are on that)
https://edition.cnn.com/us/live-news/ma ... index.html
Then the political goal could be to imply that there is an extreme right movement that inspires people to murder journalists
https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/201 ... ing-ironic

Attack yourself and cry for sympathy...
dblitz

Unread post by dblitz »

Maryland shooter

Somethings not right...
michiganj

Unread post by michiganj »

A few days ago my wife is at the beauty salon and talking with her stylist on such topics as the moon landings and 9/11.

She was curious and wanted to learn more so my wife says, "I'll have my husband send you a link." :D

What are the odds that the very next day her stylist receives this ten dollar bill as part of her tip?

Priceless!

I had considered sending a direct link to septemberclues.org but Instead I would like to point her to the "TOUR GUIDE" to the September Clues research. viewtopic.php?f=27&t=477
There she can read a summary of what to expect before seeing the video.

Of course I'm open to suggestions if anyone feels this is not the best approach.

Thank you, mj
hoi.polloi

That's hilarious, michiganj! I wouldn't be surprised if there were a few bills floating around with septemberclues.org on them, either. :)

That's a great link for starters. It makes me feel like we are unprepared and we should try to be a bit more motivated in getting together the PDF summary of the other topics, but 9/11 — as always — seems like the best place to start for a lot of people. We are lucky we have compiled so much good work in one place so far. Thanks for the recommendation.

I guess we must be as patient as a mountain with undeniable but not yet popular truth.
PianoRacer
____

Unread post by PianoRacer »

Just saw this on the front page of Reddit, thought it was good for a laugh, and decided to share since it's been pretty quiet around here lately:

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWLjYJ4BzvI

Embedding YouTube doesn't seem to work - possibly fallout from the SSL upgrade? Or maybe I screwed it up somehow? Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWLjYJ4BzvI

Summary from the comments:
US news stations recite a well written “We’re the good guys and we care” speech but the video shows how many stations made this same speech and really emphasizes how much of the news we get is filtered, packaged, branded, and spoon fed to the masses a la carte.
https://www.reddit.com/r/videos/comment ... nd_people/

I dunno about you guys, but I think that this video is extremely dangerous to our democracy.
Flabbergasted
Administrator

Unread post by Flabbergasted »

My 2018 Cluesforum Mug

Every year I make a new Cluesforum mug. This year's design is dedicated to the Tychos. It´s not great artwork on my part (I just put the Tychos logo on one side and the geoaxial binary system on the other), but it does the job it was designed for. :)

If anyone wants to make their own mug, I can post or send the picture file.
pov603

Unread post by pov603 »

Good stuff Flabbergasted.
Merchandising is definitely a way of slowly getting a message out.
Maybe post the previous designs of your other mugs and see if Simon et al would consider selling on line.
This sort of thing could extend to t-shirts, wall charts, coasters, phone covers, sunscreens etc.
It would be a way of generating some revenue to keep the forum active, if artists/designers would be willing to offer their input for free or at minimal return.
patrix

Unread post by patrix »

pov603 » July 26th, 2018, 5:43 pm wrote:Good stuff Flabbergasted.
Merchandising is definitely a way of slowly getting a message out.
Maybe post the previous designs of your other mugs and see if Simon et al would consider selling on line.
This sort of thing could extend to t-shirts, wall charts, coasters, phone covers, sunscreens etc.
It would be a way of generating some revenue to keep the forum active, if artists/designers would be willing to offer their input for free or at minimal return.
Exactly my thoughts. Why not set up a CS/TYCHOS merc. shop. It may be considered tacky but I think raising public interest in any way we can is the only way forward.
And Hois latest TYCHOS graphics are just beautiful. I would love to have a cup :-)
Science/Media will ignore this as long as possible and then start discrediting it when they feel they have to. They will never change stance. To think that is naive. I've seen the exact same development in medicine during the years I've followed that field. This blog post sums up the current situation - http://www.fathead-movie.com/index.php/ ... -anointed/
It's now at the discrediting phase and that will continue until all credibility is depleted.
Common people need to understand that if they want to know something they have to educate themselves. Media and science is not about informing the public.
hoi.polloi

PianoRacer, that video is hilarious. Thanks for sharing. What is "Sinclair's script" — some kind of reference to Old Money, like the Sinclair/St. Clair Masons/Pirates of the old world?

I like your questioning about the supposed "blue marble" nonhocapito. I don't have an answer but it is logical to assume the image wouldn't even be the colors we see "from space" (provided that's even a possible environment for humans and cameras to be in). Funny we just used such "classic" tints to represent Earth in the abstract TYCHOS graphics as well.

By the way, great mug!

I will have to be updating that graphic soon since there is an important development Simon is working on that modifies the graphic in a distinctive way. Mainly, the tilt of the PVP orbit. It's the only thing we were missing in the book so far. However what you have works for now and serves as an explanation for the Northern pole stars.

Our logo is more accurate from a 3D perspective than the "simple" black graphic: Earth's PVP is properly on the same plane as the Sun's ecliptic.
ty_logo.jpg
ty_logo.jpg (75.37 KiB) Viewed 5410 times
The modified "simple" graphic should look something like this:
banner_v2.jpg
banner_v2.jpg (122.11 KiB) Viewed 5385 times
... since in the TYCHOS Earth's Northern hemisphere will leeeeaaan out but always pointing outside Earth's orbit (oscillating between 24 and 22 degrees). We had mistakenly put the PVP's orbit to align with Earth's ecliptic. So the "lean" is there but you no longer need a "wobble" to explain it since Earth only leans as fast as it moves: very very slowly making its way around the PVP in 25,344 years.

Sorry about that geometric/graphic goof! Simon is working hard on the book corrections now. He caught it after looking at the oft ignored precession of the Southern pole stars and most of the book can remain the same; we just need one major chapter update (and an update to the 3D Tychosium as well).
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

Flabbergasted » July 26th, 2018, 12:05 pm wrote:My 2018 Cluesforum Mug

Every year I make a new Cluesforum mug. This year's design is dedicated to the Tychos.
I simply LOVE that mug, dear Flabbergasted! That's my cup of tea cosmic coffee! :wub:

Well, I guess it's about time that I touch base here, folks. As you may know, I'm currently in the USA with Hoi - and we're having the greatest of times while doing our best - out of our microscopic budget - to diffuse the "macroscopic" TYCHOS model. Of course, there's only so much we can do - but I'll have to say that the very first "public outing" of the TYCHOS (at the ALCON 2018 Astronomy Convention) went incredibly well - and certainly beyond my expectations. To be honest, I didn't even expect our application (for a small exhibitor booth) to be even accepted !... Nor did I expect such a flow of positive vibes as we got from the visitors of the convention. Nevertheless, there we were (Hoi, Kham and I), among about 400 attendees over the four days of the meeting (most of whom amateur astronomers) - and we had a great many folks stopping by*, submitting pertinent questions and marveling at the majestic Tychosium 3D which we had running non-stop on a screen (oh how I wish Patrik had been with us - the "T-Team" would have been complete!). There it was, swirling in front of their eyes: the only existing model featuring our solar system's bodies moving around uniform circular orbits at constant speeds (just as had been pursued for millennia by virtually all astronomers of this planet - until Kepler came around and sold us his "mathemagical" ellipses!...)

My ol' friend Andrea in Italy (Andrea is also one of my two Social Service band's guitarists) got so excited by it all that he made a Facebook page for it : https://www.facebook.com/The-Tychos-631 ... ?ref=br_rs

I'd like to say that I feel extremely lucky to have three amazing individuals (Hoi, Patrik and Kham) helping me out with the TYCHOS. Without them, it would certainly have been a lonesome affair for me to try and diffuse it to this planet's many inhabitants - all on my own...

In short - and perhaps needless to say - all I can say right now is that I'm as happy as I've ever been in my whole life. I am now confident that the TYCHOS is the correct geometric configuration of our cosmos - and that only time will tell if I'm wrong or right about it all. In any case, my latest finding (which accounts in the simplest imaginable way for the observed precession of our Southern and Northern pole stars) has corroborated the TYCHOS model to such an extent that it has become a virtually unassailable one - at least from a geometric standpoint. Having said that, I certainly welcome all and sundry to disprove it - by all means, give it a go ! Remember though : you'll first have to explain the absurdities of the heliocentric / CoperniKeplerian model - as exposed in my Tychos book.

Hoi and I are now looking forward for other assorted "astronomical" meetings, radio shows and Tychos presentations around this large patch of landmass called America. Wish us luck - coz' we'll sure need it! My hope is that, by meeting real, flesh & blood people face-to-face, we may make some good headway. So far, around the net, I've only seen a bunch of vapid dismissals of the Tychos model - by anonymous entities who clearly haven't looked into it - at all. No surprise there though: I happen to have seen it all before...

*Nine of the twelve physical copies of the Tychos book we'd ordered for the occasion were sold, which ain't bad... (btw, here's where you can purchase one, dear Cluesforum readers - it's money well spent, trust me!) :) : http://www.lulu.com/shop/http://www.lul ... 37607.html
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

PianoRacer » July 25th, 2018, 5:32 am wrote:
Embedding YouTube doesn't seem to work - possibly fallout from the SSL upgrade?
Hmm... All embedded Youtube videos are not showing up anymore on the entire forum. Is there anyone out there willing and able to help us out with this problem? Nonhocapito, perhaps? Lemme know, thank you! :)
pov603

Unread post by pov603 »

I go along with what Sublimity said [in the Seattle plane crash topic].viewtopic.php?p=2406094#p2406094
they are trying to retroactively legitimize the untrained hijackers meme
i also feel it is part of TPTB's long-term narrative regarding other issues [which may seem random/tenuous] such as the way they've "convinced" the public that "Petrol engines are good" followed up historically with "Diesel engines are better," then we have "Petrol engines are bad", followed by "Diesel engines are good", now we have "Electric engines are better" ending up with "Diesel engines are bad"...that is how gullible the world is.
This is in many ways no different to intercity/intercontinental transportation firstly with steam trains, diesel electric trains, turbo-prop aeroplanes, Jets [which can be hi-jacked and crashed] and now "Hyperloop" unmanned/un-hijackable [Is that a word?...it is now!] transportation pods.
This will, in turn, drive another "landgrab" by the mighty rich [if not already done] along "barren corridors" between major cities.
Of course this can be countered with "isn't this just progress?" but the possibility remains that it dumbs down the population [showing them what is best and when] but ultimately offers an [initially] "elite" mode of transport which the public will have to pay for "through the nose" if they either want it to become the environmentally-friendly option that we are told it is or if we want to live in one city and work in another.

Edit: added link to topic.
Last edited by pov603 on Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.