The Holocaust Under Review

Global War deceptions & mass manipulation, fear-mongering terror schemes and propaganda in the Age of the Bomb
fbenario

Re: The Holocaust Under Review

Unread post by fbenario »

ICfreely » April 10th, 2019, 9:43 pm wrote:
Every time his wife showed up at a function with a new outrageously expensive jewelry set all the ladies figured he’d gotten caught “screwing up” again. His predatory “indiscretions” have been common knowledge to people “in the know” for decades.
What's up with all those quote marks? Idioms and colloquial phrases do not get quotes.
ICfreely

Unread post by ICfreely »

fbenario wrote:What's up with all those quote marks? Idioms and colloquial phrases do not get quotes.
You're absolutely right, fbenario. My bad. Thanks for pointing out my misuse of quotation marks.

I apparently made a "scare quote" faux-pas.
How to Use Quotation Marks

In my work as a copyeditor, one of the most common style errors I see is the overuse of quotation marks. Of course quotation marks should be used to set off quotations, but some writers have a rather expansive notion of what quotation marks should be used for, sprinkling them liberally throughout a document on all kinds of words that aren’t quotations. In the editing world, these are known as scare quotes, and some days it seems like I need a machete to hack through them all.

Scare Quotes

Most abuses of quotation marks fall under the broad, nebulous label of scare quotes. Many writers put terms in quotation marks to indicate that they’re nonstandard, colloquial, or slang or that the term is being used ironically or under some sort of duress. MLA allows the use of quotation marks for “a word or phrase given in someone else’s sense of in a special sense or purposefully misused” (postmodernists in particular seem to love scare quotes), but Chicago and APA discourage or limit their use.

Conclusion

When it comes to uses beyond signaling direct quotations, you’ll probably want to refer to whatever style guide is appropriate in your field. But keep in mind that their other uses are limited outside of quotations and certain kinds of titles. Even though most style guides allow for some use of scare quotes, in my opinion as a writer and editor, it’s best to use them sparingly if they’re to be used at all. Keep the hand-holding to a minimum and let your words speak for themselves.

http://www.arrantpedantry.com/2015/11/3 ... ion-marks/

Grammar policing and subtle classism aside, do you have anything pertinent to add to this particular topic?
ICfreely

ICfreely wrote:I wonder what G-d – the great playwright – has scripted for March 20-21, 2019.
Purim Miracles 2019; Golan Heights Sovereignty Announcement & Jonathan Pollard at Israeli Consulate
Published 4 months ago on 03/22/2019

PM, Ministers, and political parties & American Jewish leaders praise President Trump for calling for recognition of Israel’s sovereignty on the Golan Heights
By: Fern Sidman

Netanyahu added: “We have a Purim miracle here. President Trump has made history. He recognized Israeli sovereignty over the Golan Heights, at a time when Iran is trying to use the Golan Heights as a platform to destroy Israel.

We are marking the miracle of Purim – 2,500 years ago the Jewish people defeated those who tried to destroy it, other Persians, and today just as they failed then, they will fail this time as well thanks, inter alia, to the strong support of the US and its President. We have had no greater friend in our history.”

This major, unexpected announcement comes just days before Netanyahu visits the White House on Monday and speaks at the pro-Israel AIPAC conference in Washington.

http://thejewishvoice.com/2019/03/22/pu ... consulate/

Mazel tov!

Netanyahu: 'America is a thing you can move very easily'

The United States and Israel have made a huge effort this month to patch up the sometimes difficult relationship between President Obama and Israeli Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu. But a newly released video of Netanyahu, speaking in an unvarnished manner in 2001 about relations with the United States and the peace process, may cause some heartburn at the White House.

"I know what America is," Netanyahu told a group of terror victims, apparently not knowing his words were being recorded. "America is a thing you can move very easily, move it in the right direction. They won't get in their way."

Netanyahu also bragged how he undercut the peace process when he was prime minister during the Clinton administration. "They asked me before the election if I'd honor [the Oslo accords]," he said. "I said I would, but ... I'm going to interpret the accords in such a way that would allow me to put an end to this galloping forward to the '67 borders. How did we do it? Nobody said what defined military zones were. Defined military zones are security zones; as far as I'm concerned, the entire Jordan Valley is a defined military zone. Go argue."

Gideon Levy, a left-leaning columnist for Haaretz newspaper, declared: "This video should have been banned for broadcast to minors. This video should have been shown in every home in Israel, then sent to Washington and Ramallah. Banned for viewing by children so as not to corrupt them, and distributed around the country and the world so that everyone will know who leads the government of Israel."

Of course, the video is from nearly ten years ago. Opinions change, based on circumstances and experience. But who knows what leaders are really saying when they think the cameras aren't filming?

By Glenn Kessler | July 16, 2010; 2:06 PM ET

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/checkp ... ing_y.html
ICfreely

Tablet Magazine - A New Read on Jewish Life

The First Jew I Met in Iran
Face to face with the challenges of living a double life under the Iranian theocracy
By Majid Rafizadeh

In my early 20s, I taught university in Iran under the rule of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and Ayatollah Ali Khamenei. At the time, it was strictly forbidden, on pain of termination, to discuss human rights in class. However, I found it impossible not to bring up the topic in one of my classes. Young minds needed to know the truth, and I hoped that their reactions to the subject matter would generate new ideas and new hope in their generation. While I described to my students the terrible tragedy of the Holocaust, something grabbed my attention at the back of the class.

The class was segregated by gender, with boys sitting in the front rows of desks, and the girls seated in the back. [Steinem, calling Gloria Steinem!] One of my female students was crying :( . She cried so quietly that I might not have noticed, but for the subtle tremble of her shoulders. Small in size and wearing a gray scarf and mandatory Islamic dress, no one else noticed her crying. I was stunned by how emotional she was, and walked up to her with some tissues. I couldn’t help but wonder what had upset her to such a degree. At the time she didn’t offer me an explanation, so I returned to teaching the class.

Later, I learned that my student, Sara, had relatives on her grandfather’s side who died in the Holocaust. I was saddened and surprised. Many questions raced through my mind: Is she Jewish? :unsure: The shock of that thought brought on another, important question. Why am I surprised to have met a Jew? Why did I suddenly begin feeling as if I had met a foreigner, someone from another country? Her relatives had actually lived longer than mine in Iran. Why was she hesitant to say that she was Jewish?

I soon came to understand the reason she felt the need to keep herself hidden. They were the same feelings that many other people commonly felt in the region when they were faced with the decision of whether to reveal that they were Jewish.

First, there are systematic and concerted efforts made from the top down by the theocratic regime and several other governments in the region to eliminate Jewish history. There is also a strong push to incite antagonism against the Jewish people.

The regime openly encourages debates that revolve around casting doubt on and questioning the authenticity of the Holocaust. They ratchet up anti-Israel slogans, and celebrate national anti-Israel holidays such as Quds Day. They promote and accept Holocaust deniers such as the former President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, and the intricate teachings that may imply that Jews are impure (najis).

All of these actions, combined with many more forms of intimidation enacted by the regime, not only create a hostile environment for Jewish communities inside Iran, but also abroad.

Other examples of disrespect and fearmongering that the regime engages in include inviting people from around the world to participate in Holocaust cartoon competitions with a nearly $50,000 prize. This is sponsored by two organizations that are directly or indirectly linked to the Iranian government. The Owj Arts and Media Organization is funded by the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC), and the Sarcheshmeh Cultural Center is supported by the Islamic Development Organization (IDO), funded by the parliament.

To have the ruling leaders torment them in this way only further isolates the Jewish community and puts them at risk of being targeted by both extremists and regime loyalists.

These policies force many families and individuals to have two different lives in private and public, two different names, and maybe two different religions. This, in turn, breeds a deep mistrust toward the Jewish community, which only enhances the “them-versus-us” culture that has been building for decades. A deep division runs through the society, leaving interaction unstable at best, and potentially explosive at worst.

Despite generations of their families living on the same land, and the rich history and influence that they have had in the region, many Jews do not feel that they are safe or a welcome part of the society. One man I spoke to, who asked that his last name not be revealed, said he does not tell people about his life. This isolation is no longer just physical, but mental and emotional, a state of existence that could create long-lasting psychological trauma.

Second, the Iranian regime promotes its anti-Semitic and anti-Israel narrative through various means including the curriculum taught in schools, commentary on social media, news reports and entertainment on television, and nonstop political rhetoric. Its narrative does not stop at the borders of the Middle East. Lately, it has attracted an audience in the West as well.

From the perspective of these Islamist leaders, Jews, like other religious minorities, are regarded as a potential threat :ph34r: to the regime’s national security and national identity. They may be viewed as outsiders who disrupt the regime’s attempt to homogenize the population for easier control.

One reason behind these perceptions of Iran’s theocratic establishment is that the roots of Jews in Iran date back to a pre-Islamic era, an era that the Iranian government attempts to de-emphasize or erase from the memory of the society. Another reason is rooted in the notion that for the Iranian regime, Jews and Israel are mingled in one category; if you are Jewish, the thinking goes, then you are an Israeli. Since the Iranian regime is opposed to Israel’s existence, Iranian authorities view the Jewish people through prisms of suspicion. They are viewed as Israeli allies, conspirators, and loyalists to Israel and the United States, not the Iranian government.

Some Jews secretly confess that they are indeed living two separate lives. In their private life they practice their faith, but in public they are extremely cautious, avoiding saying anything about their lives. Out of fear or in order to survive economically, socially, and academically, some may convert to Islam on the surface but continue to practice Judaism at home. Some have two names, one Muslim, one Jewish.

Despite this solid bias against Jews, in order to enhance its global legitimacy in some circumstances and events, the Iranian regime has boasted about tolerance, and pointed to the fact that there are Jews in Iran, as a sign that the regime is cosmopolitan and civil. Depending on the circumstance the Jewish community may be paraded past foreign governments as an example of progress, or trampled down by the Iranian regime as a toxic presence in the country and region.

Not surprisingly, I was admonished for speaking about human rights and the Holocaust in my class. :rolleyes: I never saw Sara after the last day of class. :( She took the time to give me a thank-you card. She was carrying an English book with a title suggesting religious tolerance and peaceful coexistence. I hoped in that moment that I’d reached her, and my decision to speak about human rights had aided in the liberation of her mind, and hopefully the minds of her classmates.

When I flipped the card open to read it, the words inside brought tears to my eyes. :( It read, “My Hebrew name is Yaffa.”

Read more about 40 years of the Iranian Revolution in Tablet’s special series.

Majid Rafizadeh is an Iranian-American political scientist, President of the International American Council, and the author of Peaceful Reformation in Iran's Islam. His Twitter feed is @Dr_Rafizadeh.

https://www.tabletmag.com/jewish-news-a ... et-in-iran

Before I begin, let us all bow our heads in a moment of silence for Sara/Yaffa - the Iranian Anne Frank.

The first rule of Fright Club is: You do not talk about Fright Club.

The second rule of Fright Club is: You do not talk about Fright Club!

Other than fear mongering and demonizing Iranians (Iranian Muslims in particular) I haven’t the slightest clue what the point of Majid Rafizadeh’s article is.

First off, Iran is indeed a segregated society. But not in the way you think. All the ethnic groups for the most part “stick with their own kind” maintaining their own cultural heritage and living in harmony with one another. What’s wrong with that?

I lived in a predominantly Armenian/Assyrian neighborhood in Tehran and attended an all-boys Armenian private school (Gulbenkian) in the early to mid 80’s. Schools are segregated for a reason; so that kids can learn without distraction. What’s wrong with that? When I permanently move to America I was leaps and bounds ahead of my classmates in math & science not because I was smarter but because the education system in Iran (back then anyway) was leaps and bounds ahead of the American style common core curriculum.

Jews also have their own neighborhoods, schools and synagogues throughout Iran. Hamadan, for instance, is a famous Jewish city in Iran. The tomb of Esther and Mordechai in Hamadan is a major tourist attraction. I can emphatically state that Jews and Armenians are, hands down, the two most protected/prosperous minorities in Iran. There are wealthy Jewish-Iranian dynastic (bazari) families that make Bill Gates look like a pauper by comparison. Some have migrated to the United States, Europe and elsewhere. You’ll never see their names in Forbes billionaires lists though. But I digress.

The above article seems completely contrived to me. I seriously don’t get what this Jewish obsession with the holocaust is. This perennial victim schtick is getting old. Talk about holding grudges (based on boatloads of lies no less). Seriously! Iranian Jews are free to leave any time they want and Israel has a standing offer to them to facilitate it if they so choose. They can/do travel abroad (Israel included). Sara/Yaffa (assuming she exists) might be interested to know that Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is as crypto as crypto gets. What does that tell you?

Report: Ahmadinejad has Jewish roots
https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,734 ... 27,00.html

I remember a few years back here on CF there was a contributor who claimed to be Iranian. I specifically asked him what part of Iran he was from and what language(s) he spoke. He refused to answer and I let it go. But that’s what we Iranians do. What’s your surname? What’s your mother’s maiden name? How about your grand and great-grandparents? Where were you born? What’s your ancestral hometown? You think Iranians don’t know that Ahmadinejad is crypto? You really think growing numbers of them don't know who fomented the 1979 revolution?

For the record, I never felt like a “persecuted minority” in Iran. Quite the contrary, I’ve experienced nothing but love from my Muslim-Iranian countrymen in Iran and America. And I don’t feel like a “persecuted minority” in America either.

Anyhow, it looks like Iran is next on the chopping block. And if the “learned elders” have it their way both Iran and America (among many other nations) will be in a world of hurt. So unnecessary. That’s why I feel compelled to speak out and stand up for my fellow Iranians and Americans. BTW, there are dozens of videos on YouTube (for now anyway) of people from all over the world who've visited Iran stating how warm and hospitable Iranians truly are.

But the warmongers will most likely get what they're asking for. Just not in the way they think. :)

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame In Concert: Wild World

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hR39J-pxdvw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hR39J-pxdvw
ICfreely

"Is there a more self-serving group of people than the Jewish community?
-Henry Kissinger

I’m not sure, Hank. How about the Armenian community?

George Clooney Calls For Official Recognition Of Armenian Genocide
April 23, 2016 at 1:35 pm

LOS ANGELES (CBSLA.com/AP) — A Hollywood heavyweight is lending his voice to highlight the massacre of 1.5 million Armenians a century ago by Ottoman Turks.

Actor George Clooney traveled to Yerevan, Armenia, this week for the presentation of a new award on the eve of official commemorations of what is largely referred to as the “Armenian Genocide”.

Clooney has been a prominent voice in favor of countries recognizing the killings as genocide, which the United States has not done.
“It took a long and hard battle to finally call things by their names,” he said at a forum against genocide on Saturday, according to news reports. “You cannot deny :rolleyes: what happened.”
https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2016/04 ... -genocide/

Thanks but no thanks, Mr. Clooney. I need your help like I need your coke in my glass. I’ve always affectionately referred to my fellow Armenians as “mini-Jews.” This myth that Armenians were innocent, pious “defenders of the faith” who were massacred by bloodthirsty Turks for no other reason than being Christians is sheer nonsense.

The Bridge to New Julfa: The Golden Age and Lasting Influence of Isfahani Armenians
Posted on October 29, 2012

But Shah Abbas I had a unique vision for a certain group of Armenians, and among his greatest achievements was his creation of a semi-autonomous Armenian merchant oligarchy in his new capital, Isfahan. In this exclusive, custom-built suburb called New Julfa, the Armenians were permitted if not outwardly encouraged to preserve their distinct cultural, linguistic and religious identity, while melding harmoniously with the sovereign Persian socio-political infrastructure. Indeed, the Armenian merchant community of New Julfa became the crown jewel of the Safavid economy in the 17th century.

Few people realize that some common words in English are vestiges of the Iranian silk imports to Europe. For example, the word “seersucker” comes from the Persian shīr-u-shakar, which means “cream and sugar” and denotes a thread color. The more familiar “pajamas” are from the word pâ-jâmah, the contemporary word denoting trousers in Persian. Many other terms relating to textiles and clothing came from Persian into European languages as a result of New Julfan trade interactions.

The merchants of New Julfa were among the wealthiest merchants in the Old World by the end of the 17th century. Contemporary French traveler Jean Chardin wrote that, in 1673– just two generations after the Julfan Armenians were exiled from the Caucasus to Iran– Agha Piri, the head of the Armenian Community of Isfahan and one of its richest merchants, owned a fortune greater than 2,000,000 livres tournois (the equivalent of 1,500 kg of gold). Contrast with the textile merchants Beauvais and Amiens (the wealthiest merchants in France in the same period), the wealth of these two inventoried at their deaths amounted to 60,000 and 163,000 livres tournois respectively—a figure then considered astronomical. Yet these two figures combined amounted to barely a tenth of Agha Piri’s fortune.

The Shah allowed the New Julfans to wear their distinctive Armenian garbs and headgear, and ruled unconditionally in their favor in disputes with Muslims -_- . At the request of the New Julfans, the Shah issued a farmân forbidding European evangelists such as Franciscans, Capuchins, Jesuits, and Carmelites from proselytizing in New Julfa. Most notably, he stopped the schemes of a certain Portuguese Augustinian monk in Isfahan named Diego who sought to align New Julfa with the Roman Catholic Church and bring the Armenians into communion with the Papacy.

Prominent New Julfan families even made a regular tradition of inviting the Shah to their mansions to celebrate Christmas festivities and “Epiphany”, wherein children born up to two months before Christmas were baptized in the Zâyandeh Rûd in the Shah’s presence. Tavernier gives a splendid account of Christmas meals, wherein the Shah’s gold tableware would be transported from the palace to the host’s house along with food from the royal kitchen. After the meal, the Armenians would offer magnificent gifts including large amounts of silver, gold, and valuable gifts of European origin to the Shah in gold basins. But this was nothing much compared to the principle gift that went to the Shah’s mother on Christmas Day.

The Armenians of New Julfa served as brokers on behalf of Persia in both commercial and political contexts due to their common faith with Christian Europe and their familiarity with the languages and the traditions of the peoples of both East and the West. The provost (kalântar) of New Julfa was chosen to hold official receptions of foreign embassies to Isfahan on the Allahverdi Khan bridge (later renamed Si-o-Se Pol), and the Armenians acted as a welcoming committee often introducing foreign visitors to the court…
https://ajammc.com/2012/10/29/the-bridg ... armenians/

Very “Jewey” of us Armenians, wouldn’t you say?

I’m personally related to Armenian-Iranian bazaari currently residing in Iran and believe you me they’re as shrewd and cutthroat as their Jewish and Muslim counterparts.

A Bazaari's World
Robert D. Kaplan March 1996
But the bazaari looks at religion from a businessman's point of view. As one Iranian acquaintance explained, "The bazaari is willing to bend the rules of religion for the sake of finance."
https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/ar ... ld/304827/

With regards to the 1915 genocide, I haven’t the slightest clue how many Armenians were killed. What I do know is that the Jewish and Armenian “elite” have historically been frenemies for lack of a better term. The Jewish “elite” seized on an opportunity to eliminate the competition and pawns got sacrificed. I personally have no desire to play the victim card to get reparations through guilt in perpetuity.

THE ARMENIANS - C.F. DIXON-JOHNSON (1916)

If the theory that the Armenian race is descended from one of the missing tribes be correct, it is not improbable, judging from their aptitude in financial affairs and the manner in which they have made usury and money-changing a fine art, that these people may be the lineal descendants of the moneychangers whom Christ scourged and drove from the Temple at Jerusalem. Even at the present day most of the sarafs, or money-lenders and changers, in the Ottoman Empire are Armenians, and their sharp practice and unscrupulousness in commercial pursuits in so notorious that it has given rise to the saying: “It takes ten Turks to cheat one Jew, ten Jews to cheat one Greek, but twenty Greeks assisted by seven Jews and five Turks to cheat one Armenian.”

louisville.edu/a-s/history/turks/Dixon-Johnson.pdf

We have to be honest with ourselves first.
Kham
Admin

Unread post by Kham »

ICfreely,

Thank for that wonderful perspective on the Armenian elite and other heavy hitters. Look at that, an Armenian power group. Pretty interesting stuff.

K
ICfreely

Whenever I make the argument that I made in my last post to Armenians I usually get looks of disdain. Like somehow I'm a self-hating Armenian or something - a "race traitor". But I don't care, I do it anyway.

It's much easier to go along with the crowd and feel accepted than it is to challenge conventional wisdom. That post was specifically geared towards individual Jewish readers of this thread/forum. I can appreciate their dilemma. It's easier to go along with the crowd for the sake of feeling accepted. I get it.

It's easier to lay the blame on others than it is to take a good hard look at ourselves. But so long as we do that, not only can expect more of the same, be we have absolutely no right to complain about things!

Whatever. To each his own. I said my piece & I'll leave it at that.
ICfreely

Verdict

A Parisian court interpreted his remarks as a denial of the Armenian Genocide and on June 21, 1995 fined him one franc, and the publication of this verdict at Lewis' cost in Le Monde[1]. The court ruled that while Lewis has the right to his views, they did damage to a third party and that "it is only by hiding elements which go against his thesis that the defendant was able to state that there was no 'serious proof' of the Armenian Genocide."[3]

http://www.armeniapedia.org/wiki/Bernard_Lewis

The above should be a huge RED FLAG to any freethinking person.

Any Armenian who thinks, “If the Jews can do it, then so can we…” is an idiot. Any Jew who thinks it’s good for “the Jews” is an even bigger idiot. IMO, no court should have the power to fine/imprison anyone for challenging conventional “wisdom.”

I’ve heard family stories of what happened to poor unsuspecting Armenian & Assyrian villagers in Urmia around 1915. It’s sad and tragic but it is what it is. We can’t undo the past. Let the dead bury the dead!

No Turk in my lifetime has done me any harm. No Turk owes me any reparations/apologies for what their forefathers may or may not have done to mine and vice versa. People commit horrible atrocities during wartime and we all have blood on our hands so to speak. The smarter move is figuring out how we get led into wars in the first place.

The essence of Christianity is forgiveness, not holding grudges in perpetuity. So I for one have no desire to follow the “Jewish model.” For any student of history, it’s hard to ignore the fact that Judaism and Imperialism have gone hand-in-hand throughout written history.

Empire = the Whore of Babylon

The whore is a prideful promiscuous woman. She gets with a guy, inflates his sense of pride and uses him up. Once things go bad (which they inevitably do) she breaks up with him, sees herself as the victim, moves on to a new guy and gets him to defend her “honor” against her ex. The new guy never heeds the warnings of the ex until it’s too late and she’s already moved on to the next guy. Eventually she hits the wall looks-wise, cannot continue her whorish ways and ends up consuming herself. As they say, “It’s hard to turn a whore into a housewife.”

If you really think about it, what’s the difference between “Jewish Chosenness”, “American Exceptionalism”, and “Persian Pride”?

Pride is considered to be the deadliest of the seven deadly sins for good reason.
ICfreely

History of the Jews in Armenia

Historical Armenia

There are historical records that attest the presence of Jews in pagan Armenia, before the spread of Christianity in the region by St. Gregory the Illuminator. Early medieval Armenian historians, such as Moses Khorenatsi, held that during the conquest of Armenian King Tigranes the Great (95–55 BC), brought with him 10,000 Jewish captives to the ancient Kingdom of Armenia (which encompassed what is commonly known as Greater Armenia) when he retreated from Judea, because of the Roman attack on Armenia (69 B.C.). Tigranes II invaded Syria, and probably northern Israel as well.[2][3] A large Jewish population was settled in Armenia from the 1st century BC. One city in particular, Vartkesavan became an important commercial center.[4] Thus, Armenia's Jewish community was established. Like the rest of Armenia's population, they suffered the consequences of regional powers trying to divide and conquer the country.[5] By 360–370 AD, there was a massive increase in Jewish Hellenistic immigration into Armenia; many Armenian towns became predominately Jewish. During this period (4th century AD), after the conquest of Armenia by the Sassanid King Shapur II he deported thousands of Jewish families from Persian Armenia and resettled them at Isfahan (modern Iran).[3][6]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_o ... al_Armenia

Notice that anytime Jews migrate they’re always referred to as “captives/slaves” escaping “persecution.” The reason(s) for migration are never deeply explored. I suppose “anti-Semitism” was what caused “a certain group of Armenians” to resettle from Armenia to Isfahan, Iran (https://ajammc.com/2012/10/29/the-bridg ... armenians/).

Modern period

In 1828, the Russo-Persian War came to an end and Eastern Armenia (currently the Republic of Armenia) was annexed to the Russian Empire with the Treaty of Turkmenchai. Polish and Iranian Jews began arriving, as well as Sabbatarians (Subbotniki, Russian peasants who were banished to the outskirts of Imperial Russia during the reign of Catherine II. They were Judaizing Christians and mostly converted to mainstream Judaism or assimilated). Since 1840 they started creating Ashkenazi and Mizrahi communities respectively in Yerevan.[6] Up to 1924, the Sephardic synagogue, Shiek Mordechai, was a leading institution among the Jewish community.[3]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_o ... ern_period

So much for the myth of Jews not trying to convert non-Jews.

Modern Period

The Russian Jewish communities moved to Armenia on a larger scale during the Soviet period, looking for an atmosphere of tolerance in the area that was absent in the Russian SSR or Ukrainian SSR.

Following World War II, the Jewish population rose to approximately 5,000. In 1959, the Jewish population peaked in Soviet Armenia at approximately 10,000 people. Another wave of Jewish immigrants arrived in the country between 1965 and 1972, mainly intelligentsia, military, and engineers. These Jews arrived from Russia and Ukraine, attracted to the more liberal society.[3] However, with the dissolution of the Soviet Union many of them left due to the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict. Between 1992 and 1994, more than 6,000 Jews immigrated to Israel because of Armenia’s political isolation and economic depression.[3] Today the country's Jewish population has shrunk to around 750.[5] In 1995, the Chabad House was established in Yerevan.

Human rights

The President of the Jewish Community in Armenia, Rima Varzhapetyan-Feller, has stated on January 23, 2015, that "The Jewish community feels itself protected in Armenia, and the authorities respect their rights, culture, and traditions. There is no anti-Semitism in Armenia, and we enjoy good relations with the Armenians. Of course, the community has certain problems that originate from the general situation of the country."[29]

In 2005 Armen Avetisian, the openly anti-Semitic leader of the Armenian Aryan Union, a small ultranationalist party, alleged that there are as many as 50,000 "disguised" Jews in Armenia. He promised that he would work to have them expelled from the country. He was arrested in January 2005 on charges of inciting ethnic hatred.[30]

There have been two recorded incidents, in 2007 and in 2010, of vandalism by unknown individuals on the Jewish side of the Joint Tragedies Memorial in Aragast Park, Yerevan that commemorates both the Armenian Genocide and the Holocaust. This monument had replaced a smaller monument that had been defaced and toppled several times.[31][1][32]

Perhaps allegations of "disguised" Jews in nation after nation could have something to do with the Jewish tradition of having double names?

Moving on, the Assyrian word for “ten” is “isra” and “tree” is “elana.” In other words, “Israel” literally means “ten branches” in Assyrian.

The Myth of the Ten Lost Tribes
Haim F. Ghiuzeli

After the death of King Solomon (d.928 BCE), his realm was divided into the Kingdom of Israel and the Kingdom of Judea. The territory of the Kingdom of Israel covered most of the central and northern Land of Israel and was inhabited by descendants of ten of the original twelve tribes that conquered the land of Canaan under the leadership of Joshua: Asher, Dan, Ephraim, Gad, Issachar, Manasseh, Naphtali, Reuben, Simeon, and Zebulon. The Kingdom of Judea centred on Jerusalem and the Judean highlands and comprised the remaining two tribes of Judah and Benjamin. The Kingdom of Israel was conquered by the Assyrians in 721 BCE, and in line with the general policy of the Assyrians, its inhabitants were deported to other regions of their empire. The Ten Tribes either assimilated into other peoples and tribes inside the Assyrian empire or were incorporated into the tribes of Judah and Benjamin, when they too were deported to Babylonia, following the capture of Jerusalem by the Babylonians under Nebuchadnezzar in 586 BCE (Ezekiel: 37:21-23).

The mysterious disappearance of the Ten Tribes of Israel nurtured the belief according to which their location will eventually be discovered and they will return to the Land of Israel, as the ancestors of the modern Jews, the tribes of Judah and Benjamin did when the Babylonian empire was destroyed by the Persians. This belief had its roots in the interpretations of several biblical texts, especially I Chronicles (5:26) and various prophecies (Isaiah 11:11-12, among others) as well some references found in the Apocrypha (II Esdras 13:39-50).

The fate of the Ten Tribes was discussed by the sages of the Mishnah and the Talmud. Their opinions diverged between that expressed by Rabbi Akiba, who believed that the Ten Tribes would not return, and that of Rabbi Eliezer, who argued that the Ten Tribes would eventually return (Mishnah, Sanhedrin 10:3; for additional references see Babylonian Talmud, Shabbat 147b, and Numbers Rabba 9:7). The supposed location of the Ten Lost Tribes became a subject of much speculation in itself. Gradually a legend was formed that claimed that the Ten Lost Tribes live in a region situated beyond the miraculous and impassable river of Sambatyon who flows for the six days of the week and stops on Shabbat, when the Ten Tribes are forbidden to travel. :huh: References to this theme may be found in Jewish classical texts (Genesis Rabba 73:6; Sanhedrin 10:6/29b). The legend is also mentioned by Josephus Flavius (Wars: 7:96-97) and the Greek author Pliny the Elder (Historia Naturalis 31:24).

Extending the Quest

The major events in the story of the Jewish people in the 20th century added a new impetus to the quest for the Ten Lost Tribes. The increased emigration and dispersion of Jews among practically all corners of the earth, the Holocaust, and the Establishment of the State of Israel and its subsequent absorption of Jewish mass immigration from all countries were all seen by many, Jews and non-Jews alike, as episodes of the Divine plan for the final redemption and salvation.

According to their view there will never be a true salvation without the return of the Ten Lost Tribes to the Land of Israel. :unsure: Therefore the search for the Ten Lost Tribes is continuing those very days with new places and ethnic groups coming under the scrutiny of contemporary explorers and emissaries. Of them, Amishav (“My people returns”, in Hebrew), a Jerusalem based organization under the leadership of Rabbi Eliyahu Avihail has been particularly active in sending emissaries and researchers to the most remote regions of Asia, Africa, and Latin America in the search for the descendants of Ten Lost Tribes of Israel.

https://www.bh.org.il/5616-2/

“According to their view there will never be a true salvation without the return of the Ten Lost Tribes to the Land of Israel.”

Hence, the modern Anglo-American Christian Zionist “pro-Israel” movement.

In addition to the “Whore of Babylon” analogy in my previous post a “Golden Boy” (i.e. Joseph the Dreamer) analogy can also be made. If you indoctrinate children with the notion that they’re better than all the other kids and any criticism directed at them is due to envy, what kind of adults can you hope to produce?

Jonas Salk Stopped Polio With The First Safe Vaccine
SCOTT S. SMITH 7/16/2015

Jonas Salk stopped polio cold with the first effective vaccine. In 1954, cases numbered 38,968 and the public feared the paralyzing disease more than anything except nuclear war.

Then came the exciting announcement on April 12, 1955.

The Salk vaccine had been used in the largest medical experiment in history and had been proved to prevent polio.

The quiet researcher became a huge figure overnight, and that made colleagues jealous.

They refused to accept that his approach, using a killed virus given by shots, would provide long-term immunity.

After 1962, the Sabin oral vaccine, using a live virus, became the preferred method until it was recalled due to risks in 1999.

https://www.investors.com/news/manageme ... io-threat/
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2108&start=90#p2412590

Yeah, Salk’s colleagues were just a bunch of jealous haters. As were the 100+ German scientists who didn’t accept Einstein’s “Jewish Science” of Relativity I suppose.
ICfreely

Predators United
Gilad Atzmon • August 4, 2019

In November 2017, genius comedian Larry David admitted on Saturday Night Live that he was uncomfortable with the fact that so many of those accused of sexual harassment in Hollywood are Jewish. David allowed he would much prefer Jews to be associated with the theory of relativity and the cure for polio.

https://www.unz.com/gatzmon/predators-united/

No problem, Larry. Ask and ye shall receive.

Einstein
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1679

Salk
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2108

Freud
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=995
ICfreely

File this under:

SHOAH-DOWN: I wish a meshuggah wouldn’t.

The Year of War Against Anti-Semitism
Everyone is doing it
Philip Giraldi • December 31, 2019
https://www.unz.com/pgiraldi/the-year-o ... -semitism/

More Holocaust Reparations for 2020: the Gift That Keeps on Giving
Philip Giraldi • December 29, 2019
https://www.unz.com/pgiraldi/more-holoc ... on-giving/

You know, I’ve yet to meet a Jew who’s personally received a cut of the action.

To paraphrase Jerry Seinfeld, “Who are these survivors?”

P.S.

To give Jewish Genius its due Jewish Genius credit, we’re all indebted to Dr. Gilad Atzmon for his groundbreaking discovery of J-PTSD (Jew-ish PreTraumatic Stress Disorder).
ICfreely

The Line in the Sand
Eric Striker • January 3, 2020
RichardTaylor says:
January 4, 2020 at 7:39 am GMT • 100 Words

Hopefully, Trump will get out of the Middle East as he promised. But he hired a bunch of Establishment stooges [Unintended Cohensequences] so it’s proving difficult.

As far as Iran, they won’t do much. It would be stupid for them because too many Americans remember the 1979 hostage crisis. 444 days. A shameful act. I don’t want war but I know a lot of older Americans remember it.

And no, Russia isn’t going to sell them their wowsa wowsa UFO technology or whatever ya’ll are dreaming of.
https://www.unz.com/estriker/the-line-in-the-sand/

A shameful act, indeed!

ICfreely wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:41 pm
Chanukah in July 1979
Disc 108, Program 431

Event Date:
During the first summer of the Iranian Hostage Crisis, Chief Rabbi of Mexico Abraham Hershberg was selected by the United Nations to visit the Jewish hostages. Before leaving, the Rebbe gave him an important instruction: “Be sure to light the Chanukah menorah with them.”

1:11 – One of the organizations, I think it was in the U.S., put pressure on the UN to include a Rabbi, because three of the hostages were Jews.

2:08 – Now I want to share something very interesting; this has to go down in history… When the Iranians agreed to this delegation’s visit, it was summertime. Rabbi Hershberg came to the Rebbe, and told him he is about to travel to Iran, and asked for his blessing and guidance on what to do there, and how.

The Rebbe instructs him: “Kindle the Chanukah menorah for them-” It’s the middle of summer, what Chanukah menorah…?

Then some issue came up and they couldn’t go - …and thing were delayed until Kislev – December.

They arrived the 23rd, 24th of Kislev, a day before Chanukah.

And there we understood what the Rebbe meant when he told him, in the middle of summer, to kindle the menorah.

http://www.chabad.org/therebbe/livingto ... y-1979.htm

Was the Rebbe a ‘psychic,’ à la Dr. Georg Sieber?
(http://cluesforum.info/viewtopic.php?p=2397753#p2397753)

Or was he full of $chitt?

Teheran, 1980

Afterwards, it became clear. Rabbi Hershberg's mission in Iran took longer than expected, during which time he developed a relationship with some Iranian officials. He knew that there were six Jews among the hostages in the American embassy and he asked permission to light the menorah with them. "Just as we have granted permission for a priest to meet with the Christian hostages on their holiday," the Iranians replied, "we will allow you entry as well."

And so it was in the barricaded American embassy in Iran that Rabbi Hershberg lit the Chanukah menorah that year.

From To Know and to Care by Rabbi Eliyahu and Malka Touger; published by Sichos In English

http://www.chabad.org/holidays/chanukah ... n-1980.htm
Were there three or six Jews among the 'hostages'?

Inquiring minds want to know!
ICfreely

bluedog says:
January 4, 2020 at 2:14 pm GMT • 200 Words
@RichardTaylor

Now that was really a foolish post,now who arranged the overthrow of the elected president of Iran to be re-placed with our favorite dictator, because he had the balls to think that Iran’s natural resources belonged to Iran and its people.

Again, Mossadegh was most certainly not the democratically elected president of Iran. He was the parliament selected prime minister who perpetrated the coup d’état against a 2,700 year old monarchical government.

Mossadegh was such a SJW that Reza Shah imprisoned him. Mohammad Reza Shah graciously pardoned him as a gesture of goodwill only to get double-crossed.

Second Period: August 1953-February 1979 The 1953 Coup

The 1953 reactionary coup d'etat, :rolleyes: which was staged with the direct intervention of US and British imperialists, imposed a reactionary regime which reversed the democratic gains secured by our people in the preceding years. The coup d'etat aimed to suppress the national liberation movement, eliminate the TPI, abandon the nationalisation of oil, reinstate the domination of multi-national monopolies over our oil resources and to recruit Iran to an offensive imperialist pact against the Soviet Union and the national liberation movements in the strategically important Persian Gulf. In a report send by the British ambassador to the British government of the time, the dangers to the interests of the British Oil companies, which had suffered as the result of the nationalisation programme of the nationalist government and the growing influence of the Tudeh party of Iran are clearly stated. The report urges the British government and the Americans to take immediate action in overthrowing the elected government of Dr. Mosadag and to suppress the Tudeh Party of Iran. The 1953 coup was undoubtedly a great blow to the mass movement of our country. Despite all the difficulties ,the large scale abandoning of the movement by the closest friends of Dr. Mosadeg and the treachery of some of the leaders of the National Front, and Ayatollah Kashani the leader of the religious movement, the Tudeh Party of Iran attempted to organise the struggle against the new reactionary regime . In spite of the heavy blows suffered by the Party's organisations the TPI continued its work until 1955, when the Party's underground organisation among the military personnel was uncovered and a large number of patriotic officers were arrested and later executed. In the difficult conditions, internal differences within the Party and among the leadership surfaced. They were exacerbated as a result of the treachery of a number of the Party leaders. The Party organisations were therefore unable to resist effectively the regime of terror which came to power after the coup, and the regime succeeded in consolidating its position, and the popular movement of our country went into a period of stagnation. The Party leadership of the time was heavily influenced by the warming of relations between the Soviet Union and the American administration and hence failed to take decisive measures to combat the regime of the coup d'eta.

THE GUERRILLA MOVEMENT AND OUR PARTY

During the early 70's a new wave of revolutionary movement started in our country against the Shah's regime. In this decade, we witnessed the beginning of the guerrilla movement by the newly-formed Organisation of the Iranian Peoples' Fadaian Guerrillas and Organisation of the Peoples' Mojahedin of Iran and also the emergence and development of the underground organisation of the Tudeh Party of Iran called "Navid". The emergence of the guerrilla movement which started in the woods of Siahkal (Mazandran a northern province of Iran) and subsequent events was the manifestation of the anger and indignation of committed and energetic individuals, who did not understand and realise the importance of the mobilisation of the toiling masses through hard, long and consistent work and preparation against the regime. Lenin's wrote on those who turn to this form of struggle; "Neither the sympathy of the intellectuals nor the bravery of isolated terrorists can inflict any damage to the Tsar's government and capitalism" (Lessons of the Revolution).

In spite of the accusations and slanders made against the TPI by these guerrilla organisations, our Party chose the path of serious, rational and constructive dialogue with them, which later proved fruitful in the positive development of the organisations, in particular the Organisation of the Iranian Peoples' Fadaian Guerrillas (OIPFG). During that period the TPI relentlessly called for the unity of all forces fighting the reactionary regime of the Shah, while at the same time engaging in ideological struggle defending working class ideology within the movement. The events of 1978, and subsequently the downfall of the Shah's regime in the February 1979 popular revolution, proved the unscientific and false postulations and ideas of ultra-left and guerrilla organisations about the working class and working people, which believed that: "Workers consider the power of their enemy as absolute and hence believe that they're incapable of fighting and continue to say that workers prefer to be submissive like sheep and indifferent and uninterested in politics in order to continue their life" (Article in OTPFG publication Battle no. 3, July 1972).

https://www.tudehpartyiran.org/en/documents/2148-

Just so there's no confusion, it was a Kosher Affair.

But was it truly good for the Jews?

Now as an American I don’t blame them at all,in fact they should have done it sooner now as I recall none of those hostages were harmed,the only reason people like you can’t get over it is because you think we are one of the chosen ones,that we can run around the world re-arranging it to suit ourselves and you found out others may not agree with that,Instead you think why Trump really wants to get out of the Mid-East but its all of those other people who are holding him back,its always the worn out excuse that its someone else’s fault,its not his but yet it is.Now this will rattle all over the world,England,France,Germany and others with a large Muslim populations will feel the results of his stupidity, and they are trying to put distance between him and them for they see us as the rouge state that we really are.Brace your feet its coming and the only way out is a depression or revolution,your choice.!!!

https://www.unz.com/estriker/the-line-in-the-sand/

Neither. How about reformation?
ICfreely

Trump warns Iran if it hits any Americans or American assets 'we have targeted 52 Iranian sites'
By Jeremy Diamond, Caroline Kelly and Greg Clary, CNN
Updated 8:38 PM ET, Sat January 4, 2020

(CNN)Donald Trump on Saturday drew what may come to be seen as the most significant red line of his presidency in a three-part tweet, vowing specific military action against Iran if it "strikes any Americans, or American assets."

"We have ... targeted 52 Iranian sites (representing the 52 American hostages taken by Iran many years ago), some at a very high level & important to Iran & the Iranian culture" and "if Iran strikes any Americans, or American assets... Iran itself, WILL BE HIT VERY FAST AND VERY HARD," Trump wrote in a series of tweets.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/04/politics ... index.html

Fox’s Jeanine Pirro Demands ‘World Should Be Thankful’ for Trump’s Iran Strike: Soleimani Killing ‘Needed to Happen’

By Connor MannionJan 4th, 2020, 9:48 pm
https://www.mediaite.com/tv/foxs-jeanin ... to-happen/

Matthew 12:36-37
"But I tell you that every careless word that people speak, they shall give an accounting for it in the day of judgment. "For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned."
James 4:1-2
Submit Yourselves to God
1 What causes fights and quarrels among you? Don’t they come from your desires that battle within you?
2 You desire but do not have, so you kill. You covet but you cannot get what you want, so you quarrel and fight. You do not have because you do not ask God.
Matthew 7:21-23
I Never Knew You
21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.
ICfreely

Macho Camacho Idiocracy… :(

There’s a special place in Hell reserved for all the Whore’s little chickenhawks. Nobody gets away with anything and the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom.

And there's a very very special place in Hell reserved for all the layer-caked warmongering pundits and talking heads (that includes you and your gaggle of yentas Chris Wallace).

Pave away, I say.