Archeology

Historical insights & thoughts about the world we live in - and the social conditioning exerted upon us by past and current propaganda.
hoi.polloi

Re: Archeology

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

VonCrowne » March 10th, 2017, 4:20 pm wrote:Inasmuch as I have taken a great interest in the ancient near east, it was of interest to me when this article came across a news feed today, particularly, for the mention of Ramses II (who is a noteworthy character for many reasons with which I will not exhaust you).

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017 ... 61413149=1

So, that doesn't read too bad. Of course, my gut instinct is not to believe it; so, I offer this for the scrutinizing eyes of the forum, as I see, at least, a missing leg...

Thank you for not merely "offering" (i.e.; demanding) people research for you rather than doing original research for everyone, but I am not sure your contribution of "a missing leg" is all that interesting. Is it impossible for the perspective to be obscuring the central character's leg, as it may be standing on the other part of the statue and foreshortened behind his torso?

Also, you could certainly summarize the relevant information about Ramses without going into depth, if it's not just speculation, rumor and hearsay but your actual personal research.

Not to derail, but I feel like people are starting to forget the reason we have this forum, which is to actually teach the public how to research rather than alluding to some personal inaccessible knowledge.
VonCrowne

Unread post by VonCrowne »

Is it impossible for the perspective to be obscuring the central character's leg, as it may be standing on the other part of the statue and foreshortened behind his torso?

Yes, it would seem impossible; those are fairly large pieces of the statue. The other leg is apparently not on the head; the only option left is that the other leg is on the torso, which does not seem possible.
Also, you could certainly summarize the relevant information about Ramses without going into depth, if it's not just speculation, rumor and hearsay but your actual personal research.
I'm afraid not without great detail; and so, I had two reasons for the purpose of this post: 1. In order to document, what I think, is fakery concerning archeological finds, which, I feel, are leading to bigger charades to come. 2. As a have mentioned previously, I am well-researched in the area of the near east and the ancient schools of philosophy and religion; and, at this point, I am acting circumspectly concerning what I have compiled due to its delving into areas of religious and esoteric knowledge. So, as far as this forum is concerned - as I believe on another active post it was stated that the purpose of the forum was to scrutinize media fakery - I felt I may be stepping out of bounds (to pursue these angles).
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

I do agree about the perspective however there's and abundance of blue stripeyness, which used to raise an eyebrow around here!
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

Blue stripes, fine.
VonCrowne wrote:... the only option left is that the other leg is on the torso, which does not seem possible.
Excuse me, but why would that not be possible? Implausible I understand, but still disagree with, perhaps.

Unless it can be shown we are looking at the figure from an angle that would prevent them from standing spread eagle as people are wont to do on rocks/debris. Not sure how young everyone is on this board, but it's a plausible stance.

I would like to suggest that if an event like this is faked, they would not even need to photoshop anything (though we are all aware they are perfectly capable) due to the very elite, exclusive, close-knit community that archeologists in the media seem to keep.

Let us remember staging, staging, staging! Arguably the biggest truth Simon uncovered in September Clues is that people lie together for profit and they will use lazy shortcut methods of keeping questions at bay.

And remember, our job here is to indicate the most easily understood and indefensibly bad cases of fakery, not just assume fake and then extrapolate. (Anyway, I congratulate everyone on their skepticism but also I feel like we need to teach people how to research and reach our conclusions.)
VonCrowne

Unread post by VonCrowne »

From what I am seeing, the distance to the torso is easily too far; also, he would not be standing upright (perfectly upright) if in that position. At what point did they keep digging with heavy equipment when they realized that a monument of antiquity lay under - before they broke out the feather dusters (not shown)? The whole picture doesn't make sense; and, yes, I duly noted the stripe-y, checker-y shirts, but did not feel it was even worth a mention.

It is not my estimation that anything needed to be photo-shopped. From my perspective, for the most part of the last sixty or seventy years, we, in the civilized world, have been able to live life according to our conscience. We have the ability to participate in activism; we have the ability to discuss Media Fakery on the internet. No one has come in the middle of the night to remove any of us; and, so, this goes to your last point: I do not believe these things are done for money; that's an easy trick of the printing press. Staging was not necessary, as you stated, it is a close-knit group. It is my theory that this 'missing leg' (that I guess only I am able to see) is an 'in-your-face', a message to everyone who has the ability to see through the charade (and to come to their own conclusions). For the most part, no one has forced anyone in this society to see anything that they didn't want to see. The Individual is allowed to make his own decision, his own reality, which, these days, is an illusion that he is comfortable to live with. Neither do I hope to play into that group: If I am wrong, then I am wrong; of course, I don't think I am wrong.
aa5

Unread post by aa5 »

Sad to say, but as a truth seeker I cannot know what in archeology is real or fake. Something could even be uncovered by a team of archeologists with good intentions, but then completely misinterpreted by them.

Without knowing if what I am reading with regards to archeology is actually real, I cannot take any lessons or knowledge from its findings. I would guess there is some real archeology done, but what is presented to the people is heavily edited and re-imagined, to re-enforce current narratives.

The profit motive for fakery is big, another is simply human biases. Most people I have met in my life, especially learned university educated people, are simply incapable of absorbing information that differs from what they learned when they were younger. In the modern university system, beyond human failings, to present information that differs from the orthodoxy is also a career limiting move.
Vladislaw

Unread post by Vladislaw »

Before looking video I would like you to warn that dont pay attention to the name of this below video on Youtube. I not the supporter of Flat Earth theory, but this video contains absolutely other content of thoughts, which have been not connected with Flat Earth theory. The last is mentioned only in the name of this video. So, you can safely not pay attention to such moronic name :)

I dont know who is the author of this great video (by the way i thank him), but I know that who is the author of critical notes to some rare photos of "ancient" archaeological monuments. You can start to see some materials (you can look only pictures at least or study Russian :D ) at this forum http://911tm.9bb.ru/viewtopic.php?id=1123 and here http://911tm.9bb.ru/viewtopic.php?id=248 and here http://gorojanin-iz-b.livejournal.com/80010.html.

This video generalises the basic thoughts by origin ancient monuments on the basis of these Russian-speaking sources.

There are No Real Pyramids on the flat earth only Freemason sand castles end end times research

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNUKZwtFDw4