London 2012 Olympics

Historical insights & thoughts about the world we live in - and the social conditioning exerted upon us by past and current propaganda.
daozen

Re: London 2012 Olympics

Unread post by daozen »

Dcopymope wrote:
daozen wrote:I think there is blatant symbology indeed but the purpouse behind it is anyone's guess. It can easily be religious but it could also be just trying to appear religious, or it could have a programming purpose that's completly void of religious basis, among many things. There is no rational explanation that can come from quoting the bible, (which is nothing but an amalgam of plagiarized myths created by the roman empire to create the mass control cult christianity is) EVER!
You mean the same pagan roman empire that burned millions of professed Christians at the stake and fed to the lions for over three centuries for testifying to the divinity of Jesus? This doesn't sound like the actions of a group that approved of Christianity at all. Your response is predictable, and your claims of the bible being "plagiarized" is no different than the rubbish promoted by Zeitgeist and isn't taken seriously at all by any real biblical scholar, to the most ardent Christian, to the most hard line atheist. It wasn't my intent to turn this into a religious discussion, but you seem dead set on doing so. Maybe it is time to close this thread now as resolution suggested, as the Olympics are over with and there is nothing more to discuss.
Well, if a video full of biblical quotations is posted I'm bound to point it out, and get into a religious discussion. (which I would indeed love to have!) I thought thinking the bible is the oldest case of media fakery had total concensus in this forum, but now I see. I will leave it to a mod to tell us if I can continue my thread or not. It would be good to know if religion can be discussed on the forums or not...? seems relevant...
Maat

Unread post by Maat »

Gentlemen, since I doubt I could say it better, allow me to quote Simon’s thoughts from a previous post regarding such discussions here:
http://cluesforum.info/viewtopic.php?p=2374122#p2374122
simonshack wrote:I probably believe in some form of "God" - a three-letter word which so many humans have problems with - even just mentioning or spelling out. In Italy, they say "non nominare il nome di Dio invano". The problem I have with it, is how this concept of "God" has been exploited for millennia by a bunch of stupid people in order to oppress and manipulate a larger amount of even more stupid people. Even wars are 'justified' in the name of God, for chrissakes...

Having said that, I respect any credence of every good-hearted / well-meaning man and woman of this planet. To be sure, as a descendant of the vikings, I would certainly not allow myself to laugh at my ancestors who believed in Thor, Odin and Freia. In any case - and as far as I know, the vikings never waged any wars or crusades to FORCE other tribes of this planet to believe in their own Gods. Likewise, anyone who today believes in his own God should just do so - without even discussing about it or engaging in confrontations about it. Now, this was just a humble sample of my feelings. Hope it didn't hurt yours.
Which reminds me of George Carlin’s satirical yet wise suggestion for a final commandment (to ensure peace): “Thou shalt keep thy religion to thyself.” ;)

But of course, everyone is always free to debate such things in private conversation if they wish :)
Dcopymope
Banned

Unread post by Dcopymope »

Maat wrote:Gentlemen, since I doubt I could say it better, allow me to quote Simon’s thoughts from a previous post regarding such discussions here:
simonshack wrote:I probably believe in some form of "God" - a three-letter word which so many humans have problems with - even just mentioning or spelling out. In Italy, they say "non nominare il nome di Dio invano". The problem I have with it, is how this concept of "God" has been exploited for millennia by a bunch of stupid people in order to oppress and manipulate a larger amount of even more stupid people. Even wars are 'justified' in the name of God, for chrissakes...

Having said that, I respect any credence of every good-hearted / well-meaning man and woman of this planet. To be sure, as a descendant of the vikings, I would certainly not allow myself to laugh at my ancestors who believed in Thor, Odin and Freia. In any case - and as far as I know, the vikings never waged any wars or crusades to FORCE other tribes of this planet to believe in their own Gods. Likewise, anyone who today believes in his own God should just do so - without even discussing about it or engaging in confrontations about it. Now, this was just a humble sample of my feelings. Hope it didn't hurt yours.
Which reminds me of George Carlin’s satirical yet wise suggestion for a final commandment (to ensure peace): “Thou shalt keep thy religion to thyself.” ;)

But of course, everyone is always free to debate such things in private conversation if they wish :)
In other words, this thread needs to be closed now.
daozen

Unread post by daozen »

Maat wrote:Gentlemen, since I doubt I could say it better, allow me to quote Simon’s thoughts from a previous post regarding such discussions here:

I resonate with Simon's thoughts... so I guess discussing religion is a no-no @cluesforum right? Ok.
daozen

Unread post by daozen »

Dcopymope wrote:

In other words, this thread needs to be closed now.
haha, that seems drastic... let's let it live and just call this a little detour. ;)
Dcopymope
Banned

daozen wrote:

haha, that seems drastic... let's let it live and just call this a little detour. ;)
“Thou shalt keep thy religion to thyself.”

This should be one of Sept Clues commandments, no detours allowed. I'm still wondering why this thread is still open, the Olympics are over with, nothing happened, so it should be closed.
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

Consider it unofficially closed. Unless you have some retroactive revelation about the Olympics, stop posting random thoughts here.
Dcopymope
Banned

The Paralympic Closing Ceremony: A Dedication to the Sun God
full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gu6jRxJ6yuY

And as their 'Sun God' rose, inverted crosses were displayed within the audience, a dead giveaway indeed.

fbenario

I would

Unread post by fbenario »

I would like to keep this thread on God open; if you look back at all of my mentions of god, not a single one of them attacked or insulted any other member, whether new or experienced. Please. This means a lot to me. I love discovering new analyses of God just as much as new ones of psyop situations.
fbenario

Unread post by fbenario »

It would mean a lot to me if you would keep this thread on God open - if you look back you'll see that none of my prior comments on GoD insulted any new or experienced member.
Dcopymope
Banned

fbenario wrote:It would mean a lot to me if you would keep this thread on God open - if you look back you'll see that none of my prior comments on GoD insulted any new or experienced member.
As you can see, its easy to insult someone just by stating ones own beliefs in a God in any way, no matter how polite you think you are or how relevant you think it is to the discussion, which is why I don't bend over trying to appease those who don't like the message or apologizing for my views. You're going to run into these kinds of creatures no matter where you go. I don't know who your enemy is, but my enemy has boastfully revealed itself in the London Olympic ceremonies. Despite the strict gun laws that have been passed over the years, its still relatively easy in America to arm yourself to the teeth than most countries. If you live in America, I highly suggest you start doing so as soon as possible, especially if you're a Christian as you said you are, because there are things that are going to happen that will make it very dangerous being one down the road as the Bible stated. As William Cooper once stated, Christians today are in the greatest danger that they have ever been in in history, as these little satanic freaks have stated that you as a Christian are in there crosshairs as the number 1 target for the slaughter. Me personally, I think this thread should be officially closed now, the last 'ceremony' of the London Olympics has now been thoroughly examined for the hideous satanic piece of garbage it really is, and as far as I can tell nothing more will ever need to be said about it.
Libero

Unread post by Libero »

Dcopymope wrote:

Did they really advertise GoKill.com at the paralympics or do I need to run some forensics to see if it was shopped? :)

Dcopy.. This is a true story. Whether you choose to believe me or not is not for me to decide.

When I was a young lad just starting out, I was working at a major chain store that sold lots of different types of stuff (a few years defunct, which is amazing in itself, but that is a completely different story.) I was lucky enough to get selected during this store's grand opening to the home fashion department, of all things. Anyway, one day when I was stocking some towels in the backroom storage, I happened to lift my head a bit too fast and scraped my forehead on the shelf. Wouldn't you know it.. I scraped off a bit of my skin and was bleeding a bit. After the bleeding stopped, it was very evident that I had inadvertently carved a small triangle in my forehead. To this day, whenever I tan, this small triangle unfortunately stays white while the rest of my forehead tans rather nicely.

So.. I know you seem to be a symbols type of guy. If I happened to be tan when you passed me and saw me on the street, would you think me evil because you saw my forehead and noticed this scar of mine? Would you have thought, 'oh, he was born with that symbol.. he must be evil'? Would you think that I carved myself on purpose so that others could see my symbol and think the same? Perhaps I should ask myself, am I evil because this symbol happened to me by accident on that fateful day while I was stocking the shelves? You get what I am saying...enough of my story.

Usain Bolt, an Olympian, claims to believe in God and apparently thanks God for his achievements, but in the process makes this 'lightning' symbol which some people claim to be Satanic.

http://global.christianpost.com/news/us ... him-79786/

Additionally, he has been known to make this symbol of which I am sure you would already have in your mind as to what it means (although here it is backwards, so I don't even know what it would mean, if anything at all).

So, dcopymope, how do you personally, internally decide what to determine in a sign or signal that is evil or not? If you see something that looks wrong, do you automatically dismiss it as something bad? I am just asking.. not meaning to offend.

"In other words, this thread needs to be closed now."

“Thou shalt keep thy religion to thyself.”

"This should be one of Sept Clues commandments, no detours allowed. I'm still wondering why this thread is still open, the Olympics are over with, nothing happened, so it should be closed."

And you posted, yet 3 times after your first statement?
Rudy Algera

Re: I would

Unread post by Rudy Algera »

Oh no, not God again! I heard too much about God during the 5 years I spent at a Presbyterian boarding school in Melbourne as a teenager. That experience turned me into a raving atheist for the rest of my life.
simonshack
Administrator

Re: I would

Unread post by simonshack »

fbenario wrote:I would like to keep this thread on God open; if you look back at all of my mentions of god, not a single one of them attacked or insulted any other member, whether new or experienced. Please. This means a lot to me. I love discovering new analyses of God just as much as new ones of psyop situations.
Dear Fbenario,

I would have to wonder why you think it's necessary or even appropriate to have a topic discussing God on this forum which focuses on psyops and media fakery. Are there not countless other internet forums which treat this subject? What exactly would any debate/analysis of God on Cluesforum do for your - or any other believer's faith ? Historically and across the ages, such religious debates have turned sour and triggered very deadly wars. So I kindly ask you: please, let us stay out of that. Any discussion about the existence/non-existence of God on this forum would only help perpetuating this unfortunate trend. Let us respectfully avoid to ruffle everyone's need for spirituality - and stay focused on exposing the crass, subhuman and sociopathic behavior of the 'godless souls' of this planet.

So yeah, I also think we can close this thread now (into which I have merged Fbenario's last request to keep the God debate open.) It's been an interesting thread, after all: the ancient Greeks would have loved it. Debating the Olympics and the Gods!

Hehe. :P