Reagan Assassination Attempt, US 1981

Historical insights & thoughts about the world we live in - and the social conditioning exerted upon us by past and current propaganda.
Libero

Re: Reagan Attempted Assassination, US 1981

Unread post by Libero »

Pug wrote:Hi guys,

I'm really liking the varied posts of late, despite the 'photo-sim' detractor on the Cregan thread. Anyway, moving swiftly on.

I don't have anything weighty to add, unfortunately, however George WH Bush, was of course CIA Director during this time and Henry Kissinger was the US Secretary of State, I believe. Is that right? That certainly has to account for something and although I was six at the time, I do very much remember it and it's certainly a worthy one to revisit and discuss.

Working in film, the footage reminds me of one of the classic US TV shows of that particular decade. The A-Team, The Fall Guy, Knight Rider, even the last days of The Rockford Files. The characters with their suits and guns, especially the 'uzi / Mac-10' / machine pistol packing guy marching across screen. It really is bad.

Reagan of course was an actor, through and through. He was President of the Screen Actors Guild as well! Access to countless acting 'talents' An FBI informant. Governor of California - more Hollywood..

Yes, I believe this was 100% staged.

Cheers,
Pug :)

Pug,

George H. W. Bush was the vice prez at the time and Alexander Haig was the Secretary of State. You were probably too young to remember, but Haig added to the drama of the day by claiming to be the one 'in charge of the Whitehouse' at the time after Deputy Press Secretary Larry Speakes told the media that he did not know who was running the government at the moment. :) (2:00-5:00)

More fun with National Geographic

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfxfPiunTlw

When I first started this topic, I was attempting to gather the full free-flowing videos from each of the various networks that were shooting that day for comparison purposes, and I gave up after a while after trying to find them. I tried again recently with the same results. It sort of struck me that I'm not certain if any of the CBS or NBC full videos were even really shown at the time or if they even exist. Perhaps ABC was the only one allowed to have the golden copy and the the other networks contributed complimentary information only?
Libero

Unread post by Libero »

In careful scrutiny of the ABC video, I believe I have found how the object appears against the wall (suspected shooters gun.) Consider the stills below below taken from the 2:16 to 2:35 mark.

Hmm.. I gotta get out of this pack to finish putting the prop over in that spot.

OK, I've walked over to the spot by the dark trough. Let me reach into my pocket.

I'm standing in the spot where I'm going to put this thing. I wonder if anyone is bothered yet as to why I don't seem to have shown any concern for my fallen comrade.

Better drop it right here (or around this time).

I'm outta here. Prop is first seen. Cue people that get excited about the find. (later it appears to be covered by a white handkerchief)
ImageImage

Just to be sure, this guy paces back and forth and blocks a lot of stuff in view, but he can't block everything.
ImageImage
reichstag fireman

Unread post by reichstag fireman »

Maybe there is insight to be gained from the apparent assassination of Abraham Lincoln by John Wilkes Booth (an ancestor of Cherie Booth, Tony Blair's wife, no less).

JW Booth was supposedly apprehended and (according to wonkpedia) was shot by "a Union soldier after the barn in which he was hiding was set ablaze. Eight other conspirators or suspects were tried and convicted, and four were hanged shortly thereafter."

Mysteriously, a John Wilkes Booth appeared a few years later, very much alive and well, recorded in official documents of the British Raj.

So if the assassin escaped, then what of Lincoln? Any proof that he was still alive, post-assassination?
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

lux wrote:Image
"Just lie there face down, Mr. Brady, and press the bullet wound in your
forehead against the sidewalk. That's it -- good."

"Now, can we please get a close-up on Mr. Brady with the blood along with
this .357 magnum revolver which has no business being here? Good."

"OK, now this will make a great poster (and mental image) for the Brady
Handgun Violence Act
which will be signed into law in 1993, another major
milestone in USA gun control."
lol

Interestingly, this bill was introduced on (2-22-93) February 22, 1993 and four days later, the first World Trade Center micro-disaster (fake "bombing") was in operation. :: shrug ::

Meh.
hoi.polloi

reichstag fireman wrote:Maybe there is insight to be gained from the apparent assassination of Abraham Lincoln by John Wilkes Booth (an ancestor of Cherie Booth, Tony Blair's wife, no less).

JW Booth was supposedly apprehended and (according to wonkpedia) was shot by "a Union soldier after the barn in which he was hiding was set ablaze. Eight other conspirators or suspects were tried and convicted, and four were hanged shortly thereafter."

Mysteriously, a John Wilkes Booth appeared a few years later, very much alive and well, recorded in official documents of the British Raj.

So if the assassin escaped, then what of Lincoln? Any proof that he was still alive, post-assassination?
Off topic. Start a Lincoln Assassination thread if you are interested in this, unless you can connect it to Reagan. (Not that I disagree with the exploration or the point. The Booth-Blair connection is noted, as well.)
hoi.polloi

brianv wrote:
bostonterrierowner wrote:This whole affair was protrayed as a failed coup d'etat by W.H. Bush against Ronald Reagan in "Unauthorized biography of George H.W. Bush " by notorious Webster G. Tarpley . This version is a classic dead end trail designed to convince the sheeple that politicians are something more than just actors and whores and there is a real power struggle between them not just following the script written by some vested interest many years in advance :) Alleged shooter was friends with one of baby Bushes I don't remember whether it was Jeb , George or some other scoundrel . According to Mr. Tarpley of course . In this regard , Reagan assassination attempt is very similar to 9/11 blueprint . It doesn't matter who or what the sheeple is scared of . Mk Ultra zombies , evil politicians , suicide bombers or Mossad/CIA , only thing that matters is keeping us little people in a state of constant anxiety :)
Indeed. My thoughts on the matter exactly. And there's that clown Tarpley again.

see a red stripey t-shirt too, must be a call sign for the psychos!

I somewhat agree, but I want to point out that it is a bit generous to compliment politicians with the idea that they are perfect puppets. If only it were true, and the people could control them! Instead, it seems to be a horrible loose collaboration between the media, parasite culture, the rich, the military, the otherwise powerful, and politicians themselves.

The gaps between our vast worldview differences account for all the lack of discovery of a "conspiracy", but in truth it needn't be much more coordinated than that. No need for conspiracy and no need for a concerted plot.

People are just numb in about 7 billion different ways.
Libero

Unread post by Libero »

John Warnock Hinckley , Jr of course is the full name of the alleged assassin in this caper. While Warnock is not exactly widely used as a first or middle name here in the U.S. (this is the first time I've ever heard of it, in fact) it does appear to be a surname of another somewhat prominent figure who also shares the same first name of John. This other person named John Warnock you ask? He happens to be no other than the co-founder of graphics and publishing software company, Adobe Systems, Inc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Hinckley,_Jr.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Warnock
Last edited by Libero on Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fbenario

Unread post by fbenario »

reichstag fireman wrote:Maybe there is insight to be gained from the apparent assassination of Abraham Lincoln by John Wilkes Booth (an ancestor of Cherie Booth, Tony Blair's wife, no less).
Is there any proof of Cherie's ancestry available?
Libero

Unread post by Libero »

It appears that Mr. Warnock's Adobe software may have indeed been put to good use for this event. Here is a photo sourced directly to the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library, National Archives and Records Administration site (available for order, if you wish) and is also featured on Wickedpedia. You will notice one of the video photographers in the background crowd. On this day, he appears to have left almost half of his head behind. Also, unless my eye site is playing tricks, I believe I see straight through Mr. Brady's head to the wall at the cheekbone area.

Edit: It appears from other photos that the actual camera has a white attachment on top that may represent the part blocking the photographer's head.

http://www.reagan.utexas.edu/archives/p ... assin.html

Image........Image
simonshack
Administrator

Re: Reagan Assassination Attempt, US 1981

Unread post by simonshack »

Libero wrote:On this day, he appears to have left almost half of his head behind.
:lol: - Great catch, Libero. The stoopid Adobe photoshopper probably thought this cameraman was standing behind a (non-existent) white column...What a monster cock-up. This series of never-seen-before images of the Reagan shooting that you found on the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library indeed appears to be a more recent “Adobe-Job” aimed at ‘sharpening the visual record of history’ (much like the new, crisp Moon Imagery released in the ‘90’s and the new, crisp 9/11 imagery released in 2010…)

I'd like to add my thoughts about this series of stills you found on the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library.

Firstly - and FWIW - here are some exif data I extracted from that image "showing Reagan seconds before the shooting":
Profile date time: 1998:01:08 06:49:00
Primary platform: Microsoft Corporation
software: Adobe Photoshop CS2 Windows
Creator Tool: Adobe Photoshop CS2 Windows
Photoshop quality: 3
Photoshop format: standard
Rendering intent: perceptual
But more importantly, I wonder what sort of supercool (or suicidal) guy supposedly snapped that head-on series of stills...
Now, I haven't been able to find his name yet, so I'll just call him "Fearless Joe". You see, our Fearless Joe apparently kept snapping pictures AFTER Hinckley fired his shots - in Joe's direction!...

Here's an image which we must assume Joe snapped within a mere few seconds after Hinckley's 6 bullets whistled past his ears (I've selected and veered to green a section of this image to insert it in the next image below):

A FEW SECONDS AFTER THE REAGAN SHOOTING:

Obviously, Joe must have snapped the below pre-shooting image (with Reagan waving to the crowd) as he stood in the line of fire, seconds before Hinckley fired his six shots - ALL in the general direction of Fearless Joe ! (I have copy-pasted the green section and inserted it into this pre-shooting shot - to show the exact location where "the wounded" ended up falling. Note that I have also sized it as accurately as possible, calibrating the standing man's height with the stone wall behind and the wounded with the sidewalk lines):

A FEW SECONDS BEFORE THE REAGAN SHOOTING:

But wait a minute - shouldn't we be able to catch a glimpse of "Fearless Joe" wielding his camera in this famous and historical video clip? (watch between 5:22 and 5:30) ?

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EE9ASmO_7E

I cannot see our Fearless Joe standing anywhere behind the waving Ronald Reagan. Can you? :huh:

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBzJGckMYO4
Libero

Unread post by Libero »

Simon,

They did actually catch 'Fearless Joe' in the footage but you have to get to the NBC video to see him. Here is the supposed 'reverse' shot from the half-headed cameraman from NBC. (Note the flash near and above the back of the tan car in the center which should represent the picture taken above.)
(:48 seconds in for slow mo shot or 5:42 in for full motion)

Edit: Additionally.. you inspired me to re-examine the ABC footage above. While 'Fearless Joe' can't be seen, neither is there a flash evident from the camera that I can tell that should be seen at this moment lighting up the subjects. (approx 5:26 of video above.)

NBC Youtube footage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghgORfFt ... r_embedded

This video along with the picture above gives a wealth of information about the timings of the event that are about to transpire.

5:42 picture snapped
5:44 Brady starts to come in to view just beyond face of hat wearing cop closet to us. In this second as well he hits the ground (lightening speed) He is , in fact the first one to notice the shooting that I can tell indicated by freezing the beginning of his descent.
5:44-5:45 Cop noted above does slight body roll and hits ground next to Brady. Hero blue suited agent assumes the protective position, is hit, and begins his pirouette.
5:46 Leaper jumps across the screen to restrain the shooter. Gun is seen in view to the right bottom corner, appearing to be held by both hands at perhaps waist/chest level?

The gun supposedly used to accomplish all of this? An RG Industries RG-14 .22 revolver using "Devastator" brand bullets. (sidenote.. the Brady's are always lobbying for the elimination of high capacity magazine type weapons. This particular one is a simple 6 shooter.)

A few things to note about the picture included in your post and comparing it to the reverse angle... there is still no evidence of the shooter yet, but we are a mere 2 seconds away from the time he figures out where to jump and start his rampage (we can see that he would be blocked by the cop and secret service agent standing even closer to us.) Somehow he manages to hit Brady first and then the cop in the neck. We can note the position that the cop was standing in, yet he manages to fall sideways next to Brady. (I personally would have chosen to fall on something fluffier.. like Brady, for instance :D)

I spent a long while trying to compare the 2 against each other, but the NBC video is super edited, likely not to give away any details regarding inconsistencies in the ABC video. There are differences I believe I see in the background buildings, but the NBC video is so dark and blurred that it is difficult to make out the sharper details.

One thing I did note in all of the action from the ABC video is that there only appears to be one brass pole that would hold the rope that would restrain the crowd. In 'Fearless Joe's' picture, there doesn't appear to be any evidence of anything restraining the crowd, maybe for this reason?

I'm very convinced that the purpose of guys that were pacing around not doing much of anything were there to block views and perhaps make sure that the consistency was maintained in each of the videos to the greatest extent possible. In the ABC video you have posted above, for instance, at 5:49 we will first notice one of the agents in the pack with his jacket slightly raised exposing his white shirt (You won't see any white exposed shirt footage in the NBC video.) At about the 6:02 mark of the ABC, we'll see one of the blocking guys slyly move over to try to lower his jacket (6:04 mark) At the 6:12 mark, you'll see him move his foot backwards slightly and you will see how well the rope was attached to the pole .

Out of everything that I have discovered, the John Warnock name association is one of the items that cracks me up the most -- I mean, what are the odds? Of course, to have a good reputation as a notorious killer, you have to have a 3 part name (unless they are the same name, I suppose :D ) John Hinckley was no different here in the US.. they just chose to call him John Hinckley Junior instead of John Warnock Hinckley.
fbenario

Unread post by fbenario »

Libero wrote:Out of everything that I have discovered, the John Warnock name association is one of the items that cracks me up the most -- I mean, what are the odds? Of course, to have a good reputation as a notorious killer, you have to have a 3 part name (unless they are the same name, I suppose :D ) John Hinckley was no different here in the US.. they just chose to call him John Hinckley Junior instead of John Warnock Hinckley.
And of course Warnock at a glance does look pretty close to 'warlock', with all its attendant imagery and silliness.
pov603

Unread post by pov603 »

Just to clarify, the 'three part name' commonly used with so-called 'Assassins' is apparently used to distinguish between someone who may have the same first and last name and the 'person of interest' [seemingly more commonly used in the USA than anywhere else], hence Lee Harvey Oswald, John Wilkes Booth, James Earl Ray, Jared Lee Loughner, Sirhan Sirhan Sirhan [only joking on the last one!].
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

Yes, dear Pov,

And did you know that the allegedly Jerusalem-born Sirhan's full name is actually Sirhan Bishara Sirhan?

Meaning of Bishara: "Good News"
http://www.ancestry.com/name-origin?surname=bishara

Here are a few more triple-named, infamous entities:

Jacob Leon Rubinstein (aka "Jack Ruby")
Charles Joseph Whitman (Texas University shootings, 1966)
Anders Behring Breivik (Oslo/Utoya shootings)
Nidal Malik Hasan (Fort Hood shootings)
Eric David Harris (Columbine shootings)
Dylan Bennet Klebold (Columbine shootings)
Theodore John Kaczynski (aka "Unabomber")
Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab (aka "The Underwear bomber")
Seng Hui Cho (Virgina Tech shootings)
Timothy James McVeigh (Oklahoma bombing)
James Earl Ray (convicted of Martin Luther King murder)
Mark David Chapman (convicted of John Lennon murder)
Sirhan Bishara Sirhan (convicted of Robert F. Kennedy murder)
Rodrick Shonte Dantzler(Grand Rapids shootings, 7/7 2011)
Jeffrey Brian Johnson (Aloha shooting, Jan 26 2012)
Jeffrey T. Johnson (Empire State shootings, Aug 24, 2012 )

(The list is far from complete) <_<
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

redundant