Discussion about the "German New Medicine"(GNM)

Historical insights & thoughts about the world we live in - and the social conditioning exerted upon us by past and current propaganda.
Seneca

Discussion about the "German New Medicine"(GNM)

Unread post by Seneca »

I wanted to start a topic about the "German New Medicine" of Dr Ryke Gerd Hamer for a long time because I am interested in your critical opinions about it. One of the reasons I hesitated was because I couldn't relate it to media fakery. Another reason is that although it makes much sense to me, I am still skeptical about it. I am glad our new member sharpstuff mentioned it in his new topic http://cluesforum.info/viewtopic.php?f= ... 6#p2398781
However, because I found sharpstuff's introduction difficult to read even for someone who understands all the concepts, and because he chose not to focus on the German New Medicine, or even try to explain it, l decided to start my own topic.

I know the German New Medicine for at least 5 years now, read a lot of material, went to a couple of lectures. The basic idea is simple and I will explain it in my own words. But if you prefer to see a video, the one that sharpstuff linked to is very good:

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zYWtzq4XBk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zYWtzq4XBk

According to the German New Medicine, our body is "hardwired" to deal with emergency situations. In response to these emergencies, which Hamer calls "conflicts", our brain communicates with different organs to adapt their functioning if the situation so requires. For example, if you see a car that is about to hit you, your heart rate increases, to give you more energy to escape.
So far this is nothing new but what the GNM adds is that these adoptions often include multiplication of certain cells, to improve the functioning of a particular organ. This happens when the conflict lasts for a longer time. It is not unusual for conflicts to last months or even years. Humans and I think especially people in Western countries are very good at ignoring their conflicts by "positive thinking".

For example: you have a problem at work, you made a mistake and you are afraid to tell your boss. You are afraid that when the mistake it is found out you will lose your job. You think that if you lose your job you are going to starve. Many of these thoughts you won't even notice because you learned to quickly replace them with "better", "more rational" or "happier" thoughts. But your body acts upon these original thoughts. As a result your liver function is improving to be better able to digest and absorb your food in case you don't have enough. Or to start digesting your own proteins if you are really starving. When the conflict lasts longer your liver cells multiply and your liver grows so it can function even better.

After the dangerous situation is over our body has to restore itself. This takes more time, the longer and more intense the situation was. In this healing phase we are helped by fungi and bacteria and viruses (if they exist) that help to break down the cells that are no longer necessary. You feel tired, sometimes even depressed, because of the energy needed and because your brain tells you it's better to lay low until your fully recovered.

This means each disease has 2 phases:
1)the active phase that last from the start of the conflict until its resolution.
2)the healing phase that starts when the conflict is completely resolved and has roughly about the active phase

The moment the conflict occurs, the conflict shock impacts also a very specific – predetermined - area in the brain. The impact of the shock is visible on a CT scan as a set of sharp concentric rings. In the healing phase, this is often diagnosed as a brain tumor.

According to Hamer this basic mechanism occurs with every disease from "catching a cold" to cancer, except the ones caused by poisons.
He tells he has confirmed this in thousands of cases and encourages people to test his hypothesis. That's what I have been doing for the last 5 years. I am still not convinced but maybe that just shows how skeptical I am. But without access to CT brain scans it is obviously almost impossible to prove or disprove the theory. What I did was whenever I was sick, I considered if there was a conflict I had resolved. Often I couldn't find any (but that doesn't mean there hadn't been any.)
There are thousands of testimonies on the internet that confirm is but these can be easily made up. That's why I hoped that sharpstuff could share some of his observations that caused him to write things like " I am of the firm opinion that Dr. Ryke Geerd Hamer's hypothesis in his New German Medicine shines above all else as the beacon of explanation".

I would like the discussion to focus on our own observations and not on something conflicting that we have read or learned. Obviously the theory conflicts with most we have learned about medicine and even with many things that we learned in biology.
I also want to focus on the theory and not on the inventor. Ryke Gerd Hamer is a very interesting character. He is very into conspiracies, claiming that we are all victims of a Jewish conspiracy. You could start a new topic about him if you want to discuss him. I would argue for the possibility that the man who we know as Ryke Gerd Hamer is a different person than the person who discovered the theory. I don't know. I don't think it is a scam to raise money for the following reasons: he gives free medical advice, I have spoken him on the phone myself. Much of his research is available online for free. The courses I went to, from people that were trained by him were never expensive. Correct or not, the German New Medicine has cured me of my fear of disease for which I am very grateful. It turns out that this fear is not necessary to live a healthy live.

I am happy to give more clarifications, because I am aware that this is often easy to misunderstand, especially since it can be a very emotional subject.
rusty

Re: Discussion about the "German New Medicine"(GNM)

Unread post by rusty »

Just to give a quick answer to the GNM and general disease topic: I came across GNM and other alternative explanations of "disease", the criticism of "germs" as the primary cause of them and the question about the existence of viruses and the benefit of vaccinations about 10 years ago and have researched those topics in quite some detail ever since then.

My take on it is the following: Our organisms are constantly adapting to their environment and the challenges imposed by "life". This is an ongoing process which may include building-up (strengthening) or breaking down of cells and can result in strain on the body and soul, manifesting itself as certain forms of "disease". Both the classical western medicine and the GNM are trying to get a grip on these processes by implementing dogmatic systems of rules for their explanation and treatment. While both approaches have some benefits and certainly carry some truths, none of them can explain everything. The main problem is that both claim they can do exactly that, at least to a certain extent.

More specifically, I never saw a condition in anyone that I was able to fully explain by the rules of the GNM, but on the other hand I can't really say that I can exclude conflicts as causative factors either. For example, I think that most "colds" are probably part of the adjustment to cold (or hot or wet or dry or ...) weather, but sometimes there may also be the "conflict" of being in the same room with persons who are "contaminating" it with their snot.

The "transmission" of these conditions from one individual to another is a very interesting topic which is only covered by conventional science to some extent, especially in terms of probabilities, but not to the point where you can really say if germs, substances, conflicts, "energetic patterns" or anything else are the main culprits. This is a whole nother story that would easily cover a thread of its own.
Seneca

Unread post by Seneca »

@rusty: Yes, that's an interesting point you raise. I also can't see the GNM in its current form as a complete explanation. I also came to the conclusion that there must be some kind of transmission agent to explain my observations. A hypothesis that is more in line with the original theory would be that it is not the disease that is transmitted but that the healing phase is somehow "triggered" by contact with other people going through similar situations. Remember that most visible symptoms occur in the healing phase. I hope that I make myself clear.

For English speakers, if you want to read more about the theory, I recommend http://www.germannewmedicine.ca/home.html from Caroline Markolin, the same person who made the video that is linked to above. With the disclaimer that Hamer seems to have distanced himself from her and instead is favoring the website https://www.newmedicine.ca/about.php by Ilsedora Laker.
Seneca

Unread post by Seneca »

Here is a reaction to a quote from Patrix (posted by sharpstuff in "the cancer deceit")
Patrik: So why this rant? You brought up German New medicine :-), which I think is right in many ways but in my view focuses a bit much on trauma and psychology. I DO think that plays a big part as well, but could perhaps be seen more as a triggering factor. When we loose the will to go on for some reason and also don't get proper nourishment, the body simply stops trying and falls over. But have a lot of I would say pretty mentally happy people that despite this has severe health issues (whether they recognize it or not).
I think it is possible that Patrix misunderstands the GNM here. According to GNM theory, it is perfectly possible to have severe health issues while being happy (trauma-free) during the healing phase.
According to GNM every disease starts with a biological conflict shock. In my view, to use the word "trauma" instead constrains our understanding of what a conflict shock can be. In the GNM, it has to be (just) something unexpected, highly acute, and isolating. For example something unexpected and upsetting said by a teacher, parent, doctor or sibling. The concept of "psychological trauma" from the Greek word for "wound" also obfuscates the importance of the phase that follows the conflict shock, the conflict active phase. It is this phase that determines the severity and duration of the subsequent healing phase.

The conflict active phase starts immediately after the conflict shock because it sets in motion a biological special program, designed to help the body survive or resolve the biological conflict. The program depends on the subjective unconscious interpretation the person has of the shocking event. During this time people will most of the time feel stressed, upset, even obsessed with the issue. But in most cases they won't feel sick. In many cases you could say that the person has acquired some kind of "super power" to deal with the situation. For example if the situation is interpreted as a "death fright conflict", the body responds by increasing the amount of alveoli which leads to a better intake of oxygen. This phase can last from a few seconds to a few years.

Only after the biological conflict is resolved, (the danger is gone in the case of a death fright conflict) and the person feels relieved, the healing phase can start. The purpose is to restore the changes in the organs and the brain that happened during the active phase, with the help of micro-organisms. This is often when people feel sick and have symptoms. But they can feel relaxed and mentally happy, especially if they can trust that these are healing symptoms.
Seneca

Unread post by Seneca »

For people that place a big emphasis on diet, the GNM can be somewhat disappointing. According to the GNM, your diet cannot cause cancer since this is caused by a conflict shock. This doesn't mean diet is not important. Dr. Hamer: “An individual who eats properly is less susceptible to suffer biological conflicts. That is self-evident. It is a lot like why rich people don't get as many cancers as the poor, because the rich are able to resolve many conflicts simply by pulling out their chequebook and writing a cheque. But preventing cancer (or any other disease) through diet is impossible because even a healthy diet cannot stop conflicts from occurring. In Nature, the strong and healthy animal will naturally suffer fewer cancers than the one that is weak or aged. But this does not mean that being old is therefore carcinogenic.”

Likewise (obviously), eating a nutritious diet will speed up healing, while eating food containing toxic substances like pesticides will slow it down, because your body has to spend time and energy to process the toxins.
Seneca

Unread post by Seneca »

Are there other people interested in discussing the "German New Medicine"?
Newsbender

Unread post by Newsbender »

I am very interested, Seneca! But I need to dive into the topic deeper before I can contribute in a meaningful way. I had watched a few videos and read a few pieces on it about two years ago and was just planning to dig deeper, then the covid scam kicked off which sidetracked me. But this is definitely a topic I am interested in and already know enough to have pretty much decided that, should I ever get cancer, I won't ever let them burn, poison or cut me up!

Interestingly, and purely anecdotally, I know of someone who died of a heart attack due to what I suspect was a "territorial loss conflict". The guy whose house I bought in 2017 had no history of heart problems, was in good shape and relatively young (late sixties). He built this house 40 years ago and didn't want to sell but he had no choice - it cut him up pretty badly and six months after the handover, he had a massive heart attack and died. I didn't think anything of it at the time, until I read about these types of conflicts in GNM and it seemed to fit so well. That was the point where I really became interested in the topic.
Seneca

Unread post by Seneca »

Hello Newsbender, you are already contributing in a very meaningful way!
That is really an interesting example and to notice it you must already have a good understanding. That you are critical of the theory is very good.

I would agree that selling a house against your will, especially if you have built it yourself has a big likelihood of being experienced as a territorial loss conflict. Just like for example an old stag being beaten by a stronger one in nature. Nature responds with an ulceration in the inner lining of the coronary arteries. This is called the conflict active phase.The biological purpose of the cell loss is to widen the lumen of the coronary vessel so that more blood can flow to the heart. The enhanced energy puts the individual in a better position to get the territory back or establish a new one.
see https://learninggnm.com/SBS/documents/h ... rteries_BC

In nature this conflict is not active for very long, either the stag wins back his territory quickly, dies trying or gets a secondary conflict (the last one is a bit more complicated).
Winning back the territory triggers the start of the healing phase. The body restores itself. However because the conflict can go on much longer in humans it is possible that they do not survive the healing crisis. If the homeowner died of a heart-attack 6 months later, the GNM predicts that the territorial conflict was resolved some time before that (by finding a new territory perhaps) but that the conflict phase was too long or too intense for the healing to go smoothly.

You don't need to be an expert to contribute to this topic. You can also ask questions or give examples. It is not easy to do on your own because you don't have to just let go of most of conventional medical theory, but often also your favourite alternative theories. Theories that you feel have kept or made you healthy. Or just ask questions to test if it makes sense, chances are that I already asked the same questions.

And obviously this pandemic is a good time to start digging into this. Dr. Hamer always advised people to study this while you were healthy. Because at the moment you really have symptoms you are so easy to manipulate with the fears that we have ingested from childhood. Also, when you are conflict active you are not able to learn as well.

Sorry for my language, English is not my first language and I haven't had a lot of practice lately.
Newsbender

Thanks Seneca, that's a very encouraging post. And I think your English is excellent, better than many native speakers :)

What, in your opinion, is the definitive book on German New Medicine? E.g. if there is one book that encapsulates the topic the most. As Hamer himself didn't actually write a book on the topic, it's hard to sort out the wheat from the chaff, so to speak. Dr. Willow's book, perhaps?
Seneca

Unread post by Seneca »

Thanks for the compliment. Hamer has written many books in German. Some have been translated in Dutch. I don't know much about the translations in English. I have one of his Dutch translations online but for some reason I think I haven't read it yet.

But I do own 1 book from Björn Eybl, a student from Dr. Hamer, which I have read.
I don't know if it is the best but I can recommend it. Björn differs from Dr. Hamer (only?) in the sense that he is recommending alternative therapies.
The translations (including English) are distributed freely on the website http://www.free-new-medicine.com

I don't know Dr. Willow.
You could also look at the books that sharpstuff did post somewhere on this forum, perhaps there are some about the GNM.
Newsbender

I'm fluent in German so I'll take a look at Hamer's bibliography. Thanks for the tip, I couldn't find anything from him on Amazon etc. but I'll look elsewhere. Always better to get the info from the horse's mouth, at least as a starting point!
Seneca

Unread post by Seneca »

Viel Glück :D
sharpstuff

Unread post by sharpstuff »

My Dear Seneca and Newsbender,

You may well have found these sites in search of Dr. Hamer’s brilliant work/s. However, I have listed two sites below, you may or may not have found which might be useful.

It seems very difficult to find his books and some other items seem to be out of stock. One might have to piece together enough material for your purposes.

In case you are not aware, the entity called Caroline Markolin, Ph.D. She has been called into disrepute regarding her work on Dr. Hamer.

https://en.germanische-heilkunde-dr-ham ... hilfe/help

https://amici-di-dirk.com/

Rest assured, if I find anything, I will post it here.

Be well, as always.
Newsbender

Thanks sharpstuff! Yes, Hamer's books are indeed hard to find. All out of print and the digital platforms (unsurprisingly) don't carry his work. I'll take a look at these links.
Seneca

Unread post by Seneca »

sharpstuff wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:15 am My Dear Seneca and Newsbender,

You may well have found these sites in search of Dr. Hamer’s brilliant work/s. However, I have listed two sites below, you may or may not have found which might be useful.

It seems very difficult to find his books and some other items seem to be out of stock. One might have to piece together enough material for your purposes.
Thanks for the link, shapstuff, I already checked out amici-di-dirk.com but I found only one book written buh Dr. Hamer (I think). I haven't read it yet but from what I have read I don't think it is his best work.