Engineering disease

Historical insights & thoughts about the world we live in - and the social conditioning exerted upon us by past and current propaganda.
starfish prime

Re: Engineering 'disease'

Unread post by starfish prime »

arc300 wrote:
Equivoque wrote: However, I am concerned with the emphase on dairies, which are nowadays linked to osteoporosis.
If you are talking about today's pasteurised, homogenised, fat-reduced, vitamin-enriched sorry-arsed excuse for milk, then you are perfectly right to be concerned with the emphasis on dairy. However, when someone like Weston Price talks about dairy, you can be sure he is talking about unmolested (especially by heat) raw milk, or fermented products made from that milk.

So, is raw milk consumption beneficial? I don't know because milk hasn't been part of my diet for 25 years, but, through personal experience, I know that the general principles of Price's "primitive" dietary advice are sound and, if I could get it, I wouldn't hesitate to include raw milk in my diet for long enough to determine whether it was beneficial for me or not.
I think it is important to mention that dairy products, from ruminants raised on their natural diets of grass, can be a very beneficial component of one's diet if they are well-tolerated by the individual. For example, the traditional Swiss studied by Weston Price subsisted largely on milk, bread, and cheese; however, much of the world's population is lactose-intolerant and have compromised gut microbiomes, and would not do very well on such a diet. Raw milk actually has lactase enzymes (to break down lactose), which can aid in its digestion for people who do not produce sufficient lactase on their own. However, many people who do not tolerate pasteurized milk have no issues with other dairy products such as butter or kefir. Fermented dairy products, such as kefir, are largely lactose-free, and loaded with the probiotics needed to restore healthy gut flora, so in that case I do not think it is of critical importance whether or not the milk was pasteurized. I am personally more concerned with whether or not the animal was raised on pasture, to ensure that the dairy has a healthy composition of fat-soluble vitamins, such as Vitamin K2 (referred to by Weston A. Price as "Activator X"), Vitamins A & D, Conjugated Linoleic Acid, and Butyric Acid.

But dairy products (as with grains) do not provide any nutrients that cannot be obtained elsewhere, so it would make sense to avoid them by default. If desired, you can build up a tolerance to lactose over time via probiotics: https://chriskresser.com/how-to-cure-la ... tolerance/
ICfreely

Unread post by ICfreely »

starfish prime wrote:Fermented dairy products, such as kefir, are largely lactose-free, and loaded with the probiotics needed to restore healthy gut flora, so in that case I do not think it is of critical importance whether or not the milk was pasteurized.
Au contraire, Monsieur Prime!
Scurvy versus AIDS: Ignored lessons from history
The belief among medical staff that scurvy was caused by an infectious agent continued. The diet-related theory was increasingly discredited by more and more (now obviously flawed) research which seemed to indicate some kind of infectious factor, and so increasing beliefs in an infectious cause gradually overwhelming the empirical evidence of diet being the critical factor. The desire to kill microbes meant that milk was beginning to be pasteurised, coincidentally destroying the vitamin C in it, and causing more scurvy in children in Europe and America. This was certainly not the last time that the medical intervention for a disease actually caused the illness it was intended to prevent.
http://heallondon.org/index.php?option= ... &Itemid=60

http://cluesforum.info/viewtopic.php?f= ... 0#p2394522
ICfreely

Dear Sharpstuff,

I've read all of your posts in this thread and know that you've provided a lot of useful information that can help people get and stay healthy. I find it strange (but not surprising) that it angers people. That's why I believe it's more of a mass hypocrisy and less of a giant conspiracy. Generally speaking, people refuse to take personal responsibility for their own health. They'd rather do as they please & blame others for their misfortune. It's so much easier that way!

Oh well. If people want to harp on negatives & reject the sound advice we've offered them, then so be it. Fools will be fools!
Equivoque

Unread post by Equivoque »

Thank you for your answers IC.
arc, Yes I was talking about that kind of altered products when referring to dairy. And of course, the better the final product if the cattle is fed with its natural diet, as stated by starfish.
starfish prime

Unread post by starfish prime »

ICfreely wrote: Au contraire, Monsieur Prime!
Scurvy versus AIDS: Ignored lessons from history
The belief among medical staff that scurvy was caused by an infectious agent continued. The diet-related theory was increasingly discredited by more and more (now obviously flawed) research which seemed to indicate some kind of infectious factor, and so increasing beliefs in an infectious cause gradually overwhelming the empirical evidence of diet being the critical factor. The desire to kill microbes meant that milk was beginning to be pasteurised, coincidentally destroying the vitamin C in it, and causing more scurvy in children in Europe and America. This was certainly not the last time that the medical intervention for a disease actually caused the illness it was intended to prevent.
http://heallondon.org/index.php?option= ... &Itemid=60

http://cluesforum.info/viewtopic.php?f= ... 0#p2394522
IC,

I definitely agree that raw milk is preferred. I think pasteurized (let alone low-fat, homogenized, powdered... :puke:) milk is best avoided entirely, as both lactose and casein are frequently problematic foods, and pasteurization also causes denaturing of the proteins, in addition to destroying vitamins and reducing mineral availability. But in areas where the occupying government feels the need to "protect us from ourselves," does this mean we should refrain from consuming dairy entirely? Sadly, raw milk is illegal where I live, but I feel like fermented and pasture-raised dairy products still provide a beneficial function in my diet, in limited amounts, even if they do not necessarily contain the nutrient content of unpasteurized dairy. Raw meat and egg yolks have more nutrients, but does that mean we should never eat these foods in cooked form? I have no doubt that pasteurization is unnecessary and harmful (and ultra-pasteurization even worse), but grass-fed dairy has significant quantities of Vitamin K2, which is not destroyed by pasteurization (http://www.realmilk.com/wp-content/uplo ... Choose.pdf). While infants may be at risk of contracting scurvy when their diet consists solely of pasteurized milk, Vitamin C deficiency is not much of a concern for healthy adults eating adequate vegetables and fruit; I am eating the dairy for K2, not C:
In 1945, Dr. Weston Price described “a new vitamin-like activator” that played an influential role in the utilization of minerals, protection from tooth decay, growth and development, reproduction, protection against heart disease and the function of the brain. Using a chemical test, he determined that this compound—which he called Activator X—occurred in the butterfat, organs and fat of animals consuming rapidly growing green grass, and also in certain sea foods such as fish eggs. Dr. Price died before research by Russian scientists became known in the West. These scientists used the same chemical test to measure a compound similar to vitamin K. Vitamin K2 is produced by animal tissues, including the mammary glands, from vitamin K1, which occurs in rapidly growing green plants. A growing body of published research confirms Dr. Price’s discoveries, namely that vitamin K2 is important for the utilization of minerals, protects against tooth decay, supports growth and development, is involved in normal reproduction, protects against calcification of the arteries leading to heart disease, and is a major component of the brain. Vitamin K2 works synergistically with the two other “fat-soluble activators” that Price studied, vitamins A and D. Vitamins A and D signal to the cells to produce certain proteins and vitamin K then activates these proteins.Vitamin K2 plays a crucial role in the development of the facial bones, and its presence in the diets of nonindustrialized peoples explains the wide facial structure and freedom from dental deformities that Weston Price observed.
http://www.westonaprice.org/health-topi ... lly-solved

This does make me wonder about the "raw milk outbreaks," which are being used to justify the destruction of what remains of local, small-scale food production. Since they are already staging "virus" outbreaks, why not food-borne illness outbreaks as well? "Bioterrorism" must be stopped at all costs; the only "safe" food will be the government-issued Monsanto rations. Of course, we all know who the real terrorists are, when "medical error" is now being acknowledged as the 3rd leading cause of death in the US [edit: but of course, the actual illnesses such as cancer, "AIDS" and heart disease are not considered iatrogenic; for all I know, this is just being used as justification for automation of nursing, due to the risk of "human error"...]:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to- ... ed-states/
Last edited by starfish prime on Sat May 07, 2016 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
sharpstuff

Unread post by sharpstuff »

Dear ICfreely,

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate them.

Yes, I agree totally that people can get quite disturbed when hearing 'alternative' views to what they have been told because health is obviously imperative for survival and close to the heart.

To know (or understand) that one has been duped for so long may be a real trauma especially with cancers (there is no singular of the word).

The notion of 'cancer' in its present form is bandied about so often, even by so-called health rangers and what-not, without trying to understand anything to the contrary or that there even is a contrary. It's all about scare tactics.

As you say, people are relying on others for their welfare. As I often repeat in my books and articles the words of a female colleague: 'You are the only person in your head'.

What we should be studying is why people are healthy, not why they are sick but hey, that’s only my opinion!

On another note: If you would like to download any of my works on health and other matters, you are welcome to do so. I am loathe to put the URL in public at this time but if you e-mail me, I will send them to you.

Cheers!
Intothevoid

Unread post by Intothevoid »

I've often wondered if chemo and radiation therapies succeed in shrinking tumors with the "side effect" of inducing starvation. Fasting does seem to help some medical conditions such as diabetes and high blood pressure. We are taught from a very early age we should eat 3 square meals per day and I have to question that also. I feel the over indulgence of food/sugar is the direct cause of most "disease" or should I say modern ailments where lack of nutrition is not of concern.
ICfreely

hoi.polloi wrote:In the case of food being more plentiful, I would say that is true in the sense that food waste in many Western countries is at absolutely shocking levels. But to make food actually profitable is a matter that can be discussed on its own. Healthy good food — not inflated food-shaped money management like monocrop GMO pesticide-ridden agribusiness mutant plants stripped of nutrients and processed to death in the end package that makes eating look like a video game or other recreational drug — but real food — is expensive to produce, market and sell.

Mega franken-farms require tremendous amounts of toxins (from pesticides to preservatives) to operate. Small scale farms & gardens don't.

People in suburban communities, for example, could replace their poison-soaked lawns and perimeter-defending shrubs with fruit bearing trees, plants and botanical gardens and share/trade their surplus with one another. It would be a no-brainer for a group of peace/freedom loving people who truly appreciated the health benefits of consuming locally grown/fresh herbs and whole foods. The same could be done with community parks, thereby creating a healthier and more natural/sustainable source of food for the general public and the less fortunate.

It could be the first step towards creating "Paradise on Earth"... :)
The Paradise Gardens of Persia

The Persian Paradise garden gets its name from the old Persian word pairadaeza, meaning an enclosed area.

Subsequently the English word paradise has its roots in the old Persian word pairadaeza.

Trees and flowers are planted in gardens based on their usefulness; therefore, a Persian garden has more fruit trees, then shade trees and finally flowers.

http://www.iranreview.org/content/Docum ... Persia.htm
fbenario

Unread post by fbenario »

ICfreely wrote:Mega franken-farms require tremendous amounts of toxins (from pesticides to preservatives) to operate. Small scale farms & gardens don't.
U.S. population is 320 million people. Is it even theoretically possible to feed all of us from small-scale farms and gardens? How will those of us without much extra money pay for organic and free-range food?
ICfreely

We should keep in mind that the health benefits/medicinal value of fruits, vegetables, herbs and essential oils have been documented throughout recorded world history. As more & more of us wake up to the facts that:

1) Commercially canned ‘foods’ a) have no nutritional value b) are toxic.

2) Food substitutes & additives a) have no nutritional value b) are toxic.

3) Pharmaceutical ‘medicines’ a) don’t heal/cure ‘diseases’ b) are toxic.

We will begin to appreciate the health benefits of consuming locally grown/fresh herbs and whole foods and be more inclined to creating useful gardens & becoming our own doctors. Small-scale farms and gardens may not be a fix-all solution but they’re definitely a step in the right direction (especially for those of us without much extra money to pay for organic and free-range food). If Americans woke up to harsh realities of U.S. food and drug ‘safety’ laws all sorts of problems would be averted. BTW, 'organic' is highly overrated.

If money doesn't grow on trees and apples cost money, then is an apple tree not a 'money making machine'?
Seneca

Unread post by Seneca »

fbenario wrote:
ICfreely wrote:Mega franken-farms require tremendous amounts of toxins (from pesticides to preservatives) to operate. Small scale farms & gardens don't.
U.S. population is 320 million people. Is it even theoretically possible to feed all of us from small-scale farms and gardens? How will those of us without much extra money pay for organic and free-range food?
You are making some unnecessary assumptions imho.
Small scale farms can easily be more productive than big farms.
Healthy food doesn't have to cost more than conventional food

I don't see why it wouldn't be possible to feed everyone without pesticides.

Here is an interesting article about the efficiency of polyculture systems vs. monocultures: http://www.permaculture.com/node/141
On approximately two acres— half of which was on a terraced 35 degree slope—I produced enough food to feed more than 300 people (with a peak of 450 people at one point), 49 weeks a year in my fully organic CSA on the edge of Silicon Valley . If I could do it there you can do it anywhere.

I did this for almost nine years until I lost the lease to my rented land. My yields were often 8 times what the USDA claims are possible per square foot. My soil fertility increased dramatically each year so I was not achieving my yields by mining my soil. On the contrary I built my soil from cement-hard adobe clay to its impressive state from scratch.
2 acres= 0.8 hectare
The math is easy. With a polyculture, yields of 3-10 pounds of food per square foot are easy to come up with in most climates. For comparison, commercial agriculture in California , which is way inefficient, routinely runs about 1.5-2.5 pounds per square foot per year across a wide variety of crops. People need to eat about two pounds of mixed food a day if active, or around 750 pounds a year. In a good but somewhat sloppy design, you need about 500 square feet [47 m²] per person MAXIMUM. In a very good design, 200 square feet [19 m²] will do the job.
I highly recommend to read the entire article.
CluedIn

Unread post by CluedIn »

Sorry folks - that new "cure for cancer" is not the cat's meow we thought it would be. I love how articles are written today - the 2nd paragraph goes right to the stock price dropping - heaven forbid!

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2016/07/0 ... mOj;ugtfxd

A Juno Therapeutics Inc trial of its experimental cancer therapy, known as JCAR015, was put on hold by U.S. regulators after the deaths last week of two leukemia patients, the company said on Thursday.

Shares of Juno fell 30 percent to $28.50 in after-hours trading on the Nasdaq after they closed at $40.82.

A third trial patient died in May, Juno Chief Executive Officer Hans Bishop said during a conference call. All three patients were in their 20s, and the deaths were linked to swelling in the brain, the company said.
aa5

Unread post by aa5 »

Intothevoid wrote:I've often wondered if chemo and radiation therapies succeed in shrinking tumors with the "side effect" of inducing starvation. Fasting does seem to help some medical conditions such as diabetes and high blood pressure. We are taught from a very early age we should eat 3 square meals per day and I have to question that also. I feel the over indulgence of food/sugar is the direct cause of most "disease" or should I say modern ailments where lack of nutrition is not of concern.

I believe a reason we are taught to eat 3 meals a day, because the great bread machine of capitalism created such a surplus of food - that if people merely went to 2 meals a day, we are talking a monumental shut down of farms, and then related transport, storage, grocers, restaurants.

Its quite amazing actually, American farmers increased crop yields per acre by 1,000% in the 20th century. While America's population in 2000 was 4 times larger than in 1900.

The annual numbers are crop yields increasing by 3% per year, and population by 1.5% per year. Which means all else being equal, 1.5% of the farmland in the nation could be returned to wild nature - per year.

For health, if our bodies are trying to digest a surplus of food all the time, the body doesn't have much time to cleanse itself.
ICfreely

Medical bills underlie 60 percent of U.S. bankrupts: study

World | Thu Jun 4, 2009 11:54am EDT

WASHINGTON | By Maggie Fox, Health and Science Editor

Medical bills are behind more than 60 percent of U.S. personal bankruptcies, U.S. researchers reported on Thursday in a report they said demonstrates that healthcare reform is on the wrong track.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-healt ... Y020090604
That’s the sad truth. My father was one of those ‘stat victims.’ It’s good to learn from your mistakes but it’s so much better to learn from other people’s mistakes. Makes life much easier! ;)
SacredCowSlayer
Administrator

Unread post by SacredCowSlayer »

ICfreely » July 24th, 2016, 6:09 pm wrote:
Medical bills underlie 60 percent of U.S. bankrupts: study

World | Thu Jun 4, 2009 11:54am EDT

WASHINGTON | By Maggie Fox, Health and Science Editor

Medical bills are behind more than 60 percent of U.S. personal bankruptcies, U.S. researchers reported on Thursday in a report they said demonstrates that healthcare reform is on the wrong track.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-healt ... Y020090604
That’s the sad truth. My father was one of those ‘stat victims.’ It’s good to learn from your mistakes but it’s so much better to learn from other people’s mistakes. Makes life much easier! ;)
I sometimes fill in for other lawyers at bankruptcy hearings. One of the standard questions is "what led to you having to file this bankruptcy?"

I haven't kept any statistics, but this number (60%) doesn't sound wrong to me. Other times it is divorce and/or lost job/hours. I've even seen a simple car wreck that basically spiraled into a bankruptcy. It doesn't take much.

And yes I very much agree with you about learning from the mistakes of others. I'm trying.