Is All the World Really a Stage? Are Famous People Multi-Role Actors?

Historical insights & thoughts about the world we live in - and the social conditioning exerted upon us by past and current propaganda.
Peter

Is All the World Really a Stage? Are Famous People Multi-Role Actors?

Unread post by Peter »

I've been looking at totallylookslike.com type threads for a while and I believe that many (maybe all) famous people also secretly play someone else famous, with tricks such as latex and temporary prosthetics to appear different. The incidence of lookalikes among the famous is high considering the really famous number just a few hundred. A much greater incidence of dopplegangers than among a similar number of friends, family and colleagues.

This video purports fake photographs where the two different characters of the same supposed actor come together in a montage. I'm not an expert on photos but I know some here are https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6Z_vEjZuEE
Newsbender

Re: Is All the World Really a Stage? Are Famous People Multi-Role Actors?

Unread post by Newsbender »

It's a very interesting topic and I'm sure it does happen (David Bowie as "record executive" Jack Steven and Michael Jackson as Dave Dave are both compelling examples) but I'm not convinced by this guy's videos (I've only watched three so far). I think he is over reaching from what I have seen so far. For example, I don't think Liam Neeson is Ralph Fiennes. They don't even look that similar to me...
Peter

Unread post by Peter »

My first reaction was like yours but then why would they merge two photos and pretend it's one?
Newsbender

Unread post by Newsbender »

I'm not sure i understand the question, by "they" do you mean the Nutwork or the channel owner?

I watched a bunch more if his videos, still not sure what to make of him. He certainly makes some wild assertions. In one video he claims his parents were transgender based purely on some old photos where his father is a little effete looking and his mother a touch on the manly side. :blink:
Peter

Unread post by Peter »

The nutwork - creating the photos.

As to the channel owner, I've seen all his videos and I think he should delete his first five which includes the one about his parents. He did say in a later video that he was freaked out at seeing his parents make devil signs in family albums and it colored his earliest videos.
Flabbergasted
Administrator

Unread post by Flabbergasted »

hoi.polloi wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:10 pmWe must avoid the trap of Goldbuggery, wherein we are too eager to draw comparisons to typical physiognomies and claim it's likely for them to be the same underlying actor despite obvious problems. However, in cases of characters that make spare appearances to fluff up a PsyOp (especially fake "persecuted whistle-blowers" and "wall of tears" contributors, such as victim/vicsim "family members") we should take careful note of those careful appearances.
Mansur

Unread post by Mansur »

Probably 99% of everything that goes under the heading of 'exposed fraud' has yet to be exposed. This figure is unfortunately not from official statistics - if one prefers to rely on such things...

A common phrase for internet chat rooms is to 'create content', without any further definition; they probably do it for a living.

Even if we assume that there are no stipulations from YouTube or other 'providers', these 'contents' are, due to the obvious sever limitations of the individual, highly restricted and most easily controlled.

It is a market with well-established 'laws of supply/demand.'
Peter

Unread post by Peter »

I am certain of multi-role acting among the famous now. Certainly most (if not all) of the mega famous. It would be interesting if this forum didn't dismiss it.

Among a group of super famous, let's say 200 of them, (there aren't many more than that in the world anyway) there are to be found many more extraordinary similarities ("identicalities") in features such as bone structure etc among pairs of people ("characters") within that group than can be found in a random group of 200 of ordinary people.

"Ordinary people" example: if you analyse 200 people among someone's facebook friends.
Last edited by Peter on Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter

Unread post by Peter »

The set of all very famous people is A.
The set of all the people you have known is B.

The number of strong resemblances between members of A is x.
The number of strong resemblances between members of (A+B) is y.

y/x should be much more than (A+B)/A.
(The potential number of pairs grows much faster than the number of people).

Prediction: x/y is more likely to be less than (A+B)/A.

Such a result would violate the logical statistical trend and require an extraordinary explanation.
Mansur

Unread post by Mansur »

In the world of 'electronically moved sound and image', everything is possible! The bigger the budget, the more so (even Liam Neeson could be in there Ralph Fiennes or vica versa, although that seems very unlikely - on that basis I would find it much more witty to expose the identity between Hilary Clinton and Bobby McFerrin). But: does it matter? We should know why someone thinks it's worth bothering with.

Then: why not the other way round? That there are many actors operating under the same name? Is that not a much more familiar world? The world of look-alikes. Of the real fakes....

:wacko:

_________
Edit : I was responding to your previous post (and I won't add anything, since I absolutely can't follow the maths in the second).
Peter

Unread post by Peter »

Of course it matters, but nothing to get worked up about, kind of a joke.

Motivations are important but also should not impede investigation ie silly to say "we don't know the motivation so we should not bother proceding further.

As for motivations - to me it fits right in with all the other hoaxes in this strange realm (which we probably asked to experience).

The math is really just to illustrate the post before it ie we really shouldn't be seeing so many celebrity "dopplegangers".