You can now embed youtube videos in the forum pages

How to register at Cluesforum / General administrative topics / and things that every member must read
Post Reply
nonhocapito
Administrator
Posts: 2555
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:38 am
Location: Italy
Contact:

You can now embed youtube videos in the forum pages

Unread post by nonhocapito » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:15 pm

I suddenly realized that we can create custom bb tags, and it is a pretty simple thing to do.

So for starters I created a "Youtube" tag to embed videos, all you have to do is to insert the video ID between the [Youtube] tags. B)

If you have suggestions as to what other bb tags we could have along these lines, let me know. They might be easy to implement :)

simonshack
Administrator
Posts: 6806
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:09 pm
Location: italy
Contact:

Re: You can now embed youtube videos in the forum pages

Unread post by simonshack » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:26 pm

*

Youre da man, Nonho ! :) :wub:

My first Youtube 'embedding' - celebrates the end of a tumultuous 'love affair' ... :P
http://www.cluesforum.info/viewtopic.ph ... 9#p2355509

brianv
Member
Posts: 3959
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:19 pm
Contact:

Re: You can now embed youtube videos in the forum pages

Unread post by brianv » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:42 pm

nonhocapito wrote:I suddenly realized that we can create custom bb tags, and it is a pretty simple thing to do.

So for starters I created a "Youtube" tag to embed videos, all you have to do is to insert the video ID between the [Youtube] tags. B)

If you have suggestions as to what other bb tags we could have along these lines, let me know. They might be easy to implement :)
Easy on the videos guys, they can be used to distract... like a 2 hour david icke illuminati child eating load of nonsense! I know Simon won't be keen but I wouldn't mind having PM's.

nonhocapito
Administrator
Posts: 2555
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:38 am
Location: Italy
Contact:

Re: You can now embed youtube videos in the forum pages

Unread post by nonhocapito » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:19 pm

brianv wrote:Easy on the videos guys, they can be used to distract... like a 2 hour david icke illuminati child eating load of nonsense!
Possibly, but we can always be vigilant and discourage the posting of irrelevant misleading material. On the other hand, one has not to leave the forum page to watch and comment a video anymore, and this can spare us some time and waste less of our attention.

brianv
Member
Posts: 3959
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:19 pm
Contact:

Re: You can now embed youtube videos in the forum pages

Unread post by brianv » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:25 pm

nonhocapito wrote:
brianv wrote:Easy on the videos guys, they can be used to distract... like a 2 hour david icke illuminati child eating load of nonsense!
Possibly, but we can always be vigilant and discourage the posting of irrelevant misleading material. On the other hand, one has not to leave the forum page to watch and comment a video anymore, and this can spare us some time and waste less of our attention.
Indeed.

Equinox
Banned
Posts: 549
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:45 am
Contact:

Re: You can now embed youtube videos in the forum pages

Unread post by Equinox » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:52 am

No/ho/cap...

can you please give me a 101... (embedding for dummies) on how 2 do this. I have an awsome post 2 go into 9/11 art thread ... in regards 2 this video.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpraK8Z9SK8 it does not work... what am I doing wrong ?

********************************************************


full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpraK8Z9SK8

Done! (Please open this post in 'edit' mode and learn how it's done) ;)
regards
simon

Equinox
Banned
Posts: 549
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:45 am
Contact:

Re: You can now embed youtube videos in the forum pages

Unread post by Equinox » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:37 am

Thank- you I posted it up... here...http://www.cluesforum.info/viewtopic.ph ... 2&start=75

Post Reply