SUGGESTION BOX (for Admin action)

How to register at Cluesforum / General administrative topics / and things that every member must read

Re: SUGGESTION BOX (for Admin action)

Postby Critical Mass on Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:33 pm

simonshack wrote:Smj has certainly not been banned from Cluesforum - as he is one of my top/ favorite researchers whose work I vividly enjoy reading over at Fakeologist.com!

I wholeheartedly agree Simon... either way I noticed he has an email address on his profile & I sent another message to Chris on Hoaxbusters.

Hopefully smj will soon hear that he's not been banned... it'd be a shame to lose such a researcher due to an unfortunate misunderstanding.

I still look forward to your Nuke Hoax collaboration.
Critical Mass

Postby anonjedi2 on Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:57 am

Hoi,

Part of my workflow over the years of research involves "going back" and reviewing information. I usually watch September Clues once a year and revisit some of the larger topics as time passes (ie the Vicsim report). Today I went back to this old thread to relisten to this interview you did, but the URL no longer links to a valid file. Do you have the file stored somewhere online? If not, do you still have it remotely and would you be able to upload it online again? I think it's valuable and should be heard by more people.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=215
anonjedi2

Postby simonshack on Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:09 am

anonjedi2 wrote: Do you have the file stored somewhere online? If not, do you still have it remotely and would you be able to upload it online again? I think it's valuable and should be heard by more people.

Yes, anonjedi - here it is:

HOI TALKS WITH LORIS CENTOLA: http://www.septemberclues.info/vicsims/ ... i_1mp3.mp3

I have now updated the link to that mp3 file - in Hoi's original post (of May 22, 2010):
http://www.cluesforum.info/viewtopic.ph ... 5#p1816465

And here's a more recent post of mine ( Feb 15, 2013) commenting that same LORIS CENTOLA episode:
http://www.cluesforum.info/viewtopic.ph ... 9#p2381389

Note: LORIS CENTOLA has now become a 'big shot' at UBS:
http://www.liberatv.ch/articolo/20755/m ... rimarranno
simonshack
Administrator

Postby brianv on Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:12 pm

Simon, Hoi

Is this the case of somebody joining the forum four years ago, before the membership was changed, then only recently dropping a single post into the "Gov/Anarchy" thread without so much as a handshake? Guerrilla posting, dig? Flabbergasted enquired. Should this practice be tolerated? Is there a way to rig the board so you can only post first in the "Introduce Yourself" thread before you can post in another.

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1781&p=2394692#p2394683
brianv

Postby simonshack on Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:03 pm

brianv wrote:Simon, Hoi

Is this the case of somebody joining the forum four years ago, before the membership was changed, then only recently dropping a single post into the "Gov/Anarchy" thread without so much as a handshake? Guerrilla posting, dig? Flabbergasted enquired. Should this practice be tolerated? Is there a way to rig the board so you can only post first in the "Introduce Yourself" thread before you can post in another.

http://www.cluesforum.info/viewtopic.ph ... 2#p2394683

Brian,

Our "REQUIRED: Introduce yourself" thread was made in October 2010, so I think it's fairly ok that the (few) members who registered before that date can post here - rather than asking them to retroactively introduce themselves.

Anyhow, "TwoWeeks" has already been asked (by Maat) to introduce him/herself - so let's hope he/she will gracefully accept to do so (if not, I think we can tolerate that - for the sake of fairness, since we have never asked all of our pre-2010 members to introduce themselves). In any case, I'm sure we can handle this little problem case by case. Not sure if the board can be rigged as you propose - will have to ask Hoi or Nonho about it.
simonshack
Administrator

Postby hoi.polloi on Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:55 am

simonshack wrote:
brianv wrote:Simon, Hoi

http://www.cluesforum.info/viewtopic.ph ... 2#p2394683

Brian,

Our "REQUIRED: Introduce yourself" thread was made in October 2010, so I think it's fairly ok that the (few) members who registered before that date can post here - rather than asking them to retroactively introduce themselves.

Anyhow, "TwoWeeks" has already been asked (by Maat) to introduce him/herself - so let's hope he/she will gracefully accept to do so (if not, I think we can tolerate that - for the sake of fairness, since we have never asked all of our pre-2010 members to introduce themselves). In any case, I'm sure we can handle this little problem case by case. Not sure if the board can be rigged as you propose - will have to ask Hoi or Nonho about it.

We could sort of rig it up so that someone with 0 posts can only post in the INTRODUCE YOURSELF thread and then after that they are awarded a 'permissions class' or something that allows them to post elsewhere. However, this would not prevent people from posting a question mark or other nonsensical introduction and then going on to post elsewhere anyway. Even if that hurdle is overcome, it may ultimately be more responsible of us to handle it on a case-by-case thing. Thanks for the mindfulness, brianv.
hoi.polloi
Administrator

Postby Critical Mass on Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:19 pm

'Joe-23' has gone missing in my post here.

Could a mod please replace the video embed with a link from my vimeo channel...

http://vimeo.com/123503516

Thanks in advance

Done! (simon) :)
Critical Mass

Postby simonshack on Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:44 pm

Hoi,

I just went back to your epic "FOIA Request for 9/11 Flight Envelopes" thread - and noticed that several important imageshack links of yours are not working. Can you have a look and see what you can do? Thx ! :)
viewtopic.php?p=2194414#p2194414
simonshack
Administrator

Postby hoi.polloi on Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:53 pm

simonshack wrote:Hoi,

I just went back to your epic "FOIA Request for 9/11 Flight Envelopes" thread - and noticed that several important imageshack links of yours are not working. Can you have a look and see what you can do? Thx ! :)
http://www.cluesforum.info/viewtopic.ph ... 4#p2194414

Yeah, when we moved, we abandoned the several gigabytes of data back at BlueHost. And I was reluctant to have us pay to re-upload it on nearlyfreespeech because we pay for storage space. I thought nobody cared about it but me, but thanks for showing I am not alone. What do you suggest we do? Do you think septclues.com could hold it?

Edit: Oh, I see — ImageShack! Yes, let me see where I put those old things.
hoi.polloi
Administrator

Postby hoi.polloi on Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:39 am

Can't seem to find them. I will re-scan and upload at a later date.
hoi.polloi
Administrator

Postby Observer on Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:59 pm

Potential Problem:
The current system allows people to sign up easily with just a little intro,
but then they start spamming opinions without posting any solid evidence,
damaging this rare archive of well-written well-sourced evidence of fakery.
Banning is the "stick" used to punish people who didn't contribute properly.
Unfortunately, the banning comes only after thread integrity has been lost.
The banning (and deleting of crap) isn't done enough, since it seems "mean".

Potential Solution:
The Dmt-Nexus system allows people to sign up easily with just a little intro,
yet only allows those newbie members to post in a separate "nursery section",
until an admin or mod makes the rare decision to promote to "regular section".
Promotion is the "carrot" used to reward people who have contributed properly.
This keeps regular section posts very close to the high level admins/mods want.
While decreasing the need to ban/delete posts by those newbies in the sandbox.
This way keeps "space wasters" (like me - and others) out of the regular section.

Just an idea to consider. :)
Observer

Postby hoi.polloi on Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:21 am

Thanks.

If our responsibility as moderators is organization of the tools and data, yours as a reader (and contributor) is to organize yourself and also put on your own personal filters when reading — what you do or do not believe, what you do wish to read or not read.

Our solution (to prevent too much banning) was the 'DERAILING ROOM' where off-topic discussions can happen, and if you dig there you can find a lot of weird 'gems'. A whole series of derailing rooms might get a bit much. I think adding a 'carrot' would be creepy. We can't hide that we are in a minority position and we shouldn't.

A more general forum is basically Fakeologist.com, which caters to the 'average Jill/Joe'.

That's my take. Simon, nonhocapito and Maat may have different ideas.
hoi.polloi
Administrator

Postby fbenario on Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:26 pm

I agree with Hoi; we should not segregate one group of posts from others, and we should not treat any member as somehow second-class or less capable/relevant/trustworthy than any other based on his membership date.

In most cases the 'baddies' expose themselves soon enough after beginning to post, and can be removed then.
fbenario

Postby Selene on Wed May 13, 2015 7:06 am

hoi.polloi wrote:For most readers, your post may be overwhelming and confusing and they may think you are just trying to dilute the forum with pop cultural endorsements.

Hoi, on other fora (and should be easily mountable in the software used here) there's the option of spoilers.
[spoiler][/spoiler] gives a clickable window which you can open as you like.

There are 2 big advantages to this option:
- Paragraphs can be made "hidden" and viewable e.g. only for registered users. In my opinion a very important factor to welcome "insiders with moral" that must exist in the media, NASA, BigPharma, politics, etc. movement. They may be afraid to speak up and reveal inside information in the topics discussed here. It gives more privacy, an invaluable asset to us, Homo sapiens
- Posts can be made shorter as elaborated texts are hidden below the spoiler.

From this post, I would like some explanation as to why you've posted an enormous picture of an actress right by the picture of a fake vicsim firefighter.

Again, the software should be able to handle [img=200,160][/img] tags as is common on many other forums. That makes chosen pictures smaller and better viewable (even pictures in horizontal rows to compress the post). The more elaborate work-around for us users is to resize pictures on the internet ourselves and upload again, but the small improvement in the script can help us all, I talk from vast experience.

Now, maybe see if you can help people get what you mean with clearer communication. I hope this helps.

I agree.
Selene
Banned

Postby hoi.polloi on Thu May 14, 2015 12:15 am

Thanks for the suggestions. Here are my responses.

Selene wrote:Hoi, on other fora (and should be easily mountable in the software used here) there's the option of spoilers.
[spoiler][/spoiler] gives a clickable window which you can open as you like.

There are 2 big advantages to this option:
- Paragraphs can be made "hidden" and viewable e.g. only for registered users. In my opinion a very important factor to welcome "insiders with moral" that must exist in the media, NASA, BigPharma, politics, etc. movement. They may be afraid to speak up and reveal inside information in the topics discussed here. It gives more privacy, an invaluable asset to us, Homo sapiens
- Posts can be made shorter as elaborated texts are hidden below the spoiler.

I think this is possible, but I don't believe in baiting or manipulation to achieve a more ideal transparency. We should just be transparent and it attracts who it does. I also fail to see which whistleblower in their right mind would actually believe a [spoilers] tag would protect them from anything except inconvenience for curious well-meaning readers. Interested government agents can no doubt see through our entire web site with x-ray specs. Special tags will not protect us from such people. I recognize that the responsibility of being an honest person is not for everyone. Our illusions of anonymity can really only serve us for our own private reasons. Let's not extend those into illusions of protection.

Again, the software should be able to handle [img=200,160][/img] tags as is common on many other forums. That makes chosen pictures smaller and better viewable (even pictures in horizontal rows to compress the post). The more elaborate work-around for us users is to resize pictures on the internet ourselves and upload again, but the small improvement in the script can help us all, I talk from vast experience.

It's a decent idea. My only (small, personal) complaint about such features is that it does not automatically reduce the data size of the pictures. Though I suppose the right script could, potentially.

Anyway, another responsibility given to the user may be better because we want to encourage people to not only take responsibility for their own research but for formatting. Simon may think other things and I do want to honor the fact that this is his forum for his methods. But since he isn't always online to respond to these, I'll just say that for now so you feel someone is reading.
hoi.polloi
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to HOW TO REGISTER at CLUESFORUM - and other tips