REQUIRED: Introduce Yourself

How to register at Cluesforum / General administrative topics / and things that every member must read

Re: REQUIRED: Introduce Yourself

Postby Nechifor on Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:18 pm

Dear all,

I am a long time reader of your forum. I initially came to the forum while looking for explanations for the doubts I had for 9/11.

I can tell you that after carefully analyzing the proofs, I was left without any doubt regarding the hoax.

Since then, years have passed and every time I had doubts regarding the worldwide disasters/events, Cluesforum never disappointment me.

So far I chose to stay anonymous and only read your forum. But now, after the German Wings flight, I feel that I can give some input related to the running discussions surrounding Lubitz.

Some data about myself: I'm Romanian, working in the IT industry and my hobby is long distance running.

Please let me know if this info is sufficient or if you need additional details.

Thanks and all the best.

Nechifor
Nechifor

Postby Undoctored on Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:28 am

Introducing myself:

Age/Location/Occupation: Born in 1970 in California, grew up in Michigan. Back in California now. For the past nearly two decades I have been living and working in the various cities of Silicon Valley as an internet programmer.

Foreign affairs: I learned Russian in college and spent my junior year (1990-1991) in Moscow, which happened to be the last year when there was still a Soviet Union. I met my wife there.

Instruments: Piano (ragtime, jazz, klezmer), Guitar (chords to accompany singing).

Keyboard layout: Dvorak

Political/Musical/Philosophical influences: Mister Rogers, MAD magazine, Scott Joplin, Tom Lehrer, "Weird Al" Yankovic, Rudolf Flesch, Raymond Smullyan, Kraftwerk, George Orwell

Three ways to explain my handle, "Undoctored":

1. I was enrolled in a Ph.D. program in linguistics but dropped out when the internet boom started and I realized I was much more valuable as a computer programmer than as a professor.
  2. I avoid visiting doctors as much as possible, believing that most of modern medicine's cures are worse than the disease. I threw away my prescription glasses and reversed my nearsightedness with eye exercises.
  3. I share this forum's goal of exposing the "doctored" images, both visual and verbal, provided by the mainstream media. Being a linguist, I have a particular interest in identifying double-talk.

Qualifications for Clues Forum: In my youth I enjoyed logic puzzles, played and programmed text adventure games on my Apple II, did card tricks, filmed and edited Super-8 action movies.

Fakery and deception-related topics that interest me:

• Medical scams (prescription eyeglasses, water fluoridation, dietary fat scare)
  • Education scams ("Why Johnny Can't Read", "New Math")
  • Scientific "explanations" that explain nothing (Theory of Evolution, Generative Linguistics)
  • Hidden messages in advertising and public service announcements
  • The way institutions supposedly fighting against something tend to end up supporting it

Initial thoughts on 9/11: As soon as I heard the news, I guessed it was a frame-up. I expected several terrorist groups to claim responsibility, with concrete demands, but there were only denials. Also, I recalled how David Copperfield had once made the Statue of Liberty disappear, so I thought maybe it was all an illusion.

Thoughts on the Apollo missions: I played the Lunar Lander video game as a kid. It was tough. No way those astronauts could have made such a perfect landing on the first attempt. And the trip home? Even more unbelievable every step of the way.
Undoctored

Postby hoi.polloi on Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:09 pm

Welcome, Nechifor and Undoctored. Nechifor, I know English is not your first language, but thank you for checking your spelling and grammar.

Before posting, please make sure you've read the REQUIRED threads here so that you know our policies on posting images, videos and links. viewforum.php?f=32
hoi.polloi
Administrator

Postby Joukahainen on Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:12 pm

Greetings, forum of clues. I am from Finland, in my late mid 30s and have been a tinfoilhatter(tm) pretty much all my life. Started a few years after I learned to read, and was always interested in "non standard" stuff, be it UFOs, OOPAs, ancient aliens/history/buildings/megaliths/myths or anything that we did not learn at school (which was pretty much everything that actually made any difference to my daily life, belief systems and way I see life, the world we live in and other people. Talk about perfect manipulation..)

I have a background in IT services (have a degree), but I have been mainly working in music, djaying and other things my last 10 years. I am pretty knowledgeable in Photoshop and image manipulation, but my actual skills lie in complex data analysis that we have been doing for the internet advertising company with my friends. (Few of them shared my interest in hacking during early 90's, quit when we got older and got "better things" to do). Lately I have been analyzing a lot of data that has been gathered from Finnish people through facebook/youtube/netflix and similar services in order to find "common denominators of people", and finding the less known connections between hard data mined from the databases.

We have been developing "algorithms" (not in the traditional sense) to be able to predict both "near future" of chosen people in certain aspects (things like education choices, political party, sexual orientation and interests, relationship status etc.). After finding certain interesting findings like correlations between Facebook wall writings and relationship status, we have been contacted by certain advertising companies with strong political backgrounds (ad comps. that do most big political campaigns in Finland) and later also military personnel, who liked to know more. They also wanted to either hire (some of) us or buy certain program algorithms that we used to get our results.

We have really been keeping most of the stuff to ourselves. As I am the one who has made (most of) the early connections (I have a very strong intuition for people, and I often see connections that "average" people seem to totally miss) so it was not really that hard for me to give some early ideas of which things are connected, or might be - and especially WHY they are connected. (To get best value for your findings in this kind of analysis, you really need to know WHY certain things are related, especially if you want to CHANGE those things with settle manipulation.)

Currently we have a "program" (some people would call it complex algorithm, but really it's just a bunch of SQL queries that are made in certain order, to find certain words, phrases and hard information (age, gender, location etc.) from the databases that can find and "predict" a lot of information from people with high accuracy. We have (mostly me, but also some of my (work)friends that are involved) quite some ethical problems currently, so we have been keeping most of the results secret from the company we work for and not sure really if we want to even develop it more, as it seems to be obvious this kind of tools can be extremely efficient for mass manipulation of people in the social media and internet. (Of course with the traditional MSM too, as they use the results as well or better as anyone else does). Some of the information have been tested with my relatives and friends whom I know personally quite well, and the accuracy of our findings seems to be very good, assuming we have a big enough database to cross-analyse, and the data has to be from reasonably long period, if you want to predict anything more than the very current situation, mood and superficial personality traits. (We can make a lot stronger personality analysis if we have a few years worth of data, including people who are related to our "target"). Actually, what we seem to do better or more deeply is that we follow the relationships between people and "NPI" (non person individuals) and other targets, rather than just trying to find everything about a single person outside her environment.

I have been reading the clues forum for quite some years now, and after reading the GermanWings thread I finally decided that I want to join the "club", and see if I have anything to say. The actual kick to make me move was to inform people how the marathon timing works, and the error people made while analyzing the pictures, assuming they are manipulated because the final results of runners shown were so different. I am glad someone already pointed it out, but I am still willing to join and give my input about other things that I know.

I think I can give the forum some interesting insights how much "they" actually know in the MSM and how much they use the information gathered from the social network sites (and a wild number of popular forums and internet sites that are not really meant to be "social") to both find out what are the current trends, but more importantly how to manipulate people. Also how they can make "shills" that have no idea they are shills, as they are really just "normal, average sheep" that are chosen to deliver a certain message. I will gladly give you some real life examples what kind of campaigns we have done lately, how they work and about the results we have gained.

I am a little bit of afraid of the strict policies in the forum and the atmosphere that I see as "friends ruling over common sense" in many cases, but I hope I am allowed to register anyways and see if there are threads and information that I can comment on.

I am quite fluent with English, but naturally being a Finn this is my second (or third, counting Swedish) language, so I might sometimes make errors or have a weird choice of words. (Most often they are a desperate try of sarcasm and humor thou). I can also handle the very very basics of German, meaning I can buy a cup of coffee or pay my gasoline, but that's pretty much it.

Currently I locate in the very northern Finland. I have very few true friends (some whom are in the Finnish military/Air force) and not really wanting any/more. I am quite fine living with myself and the work mates are barely all that I can handle socially. I have a large family (siblings) with very various backgrounds (fundamental religious and gypsies.. go figure) and so much family drama, I think I will stay single all my life - unless a miracle or two happens.

Anyways, I hope that gave some kind of basic idea who I am and why I am willing to join your "cause".

(I corrected some grammatical errors and added a few words to clear up the message, compared to my message to Simon, but it's pretty much 98% the same)

Sincerely, Joukahainen
Joukahainen

Postby hoi.polloi on Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:41 pm

Well, Joukahainen, welcome. That's certainly an interesting self-interview you gave, thank you. It's a pity you identify with "tin foil hat" rather than rejecting the title, since it's a fairly insulting description of people who think about the world around them. I see a very simple solution to your moral conundrum, if you don't mind me saying so, and you don't mind that a simple solution doesn't necessarily mean it's emotionally easy to reconcile once it's done. Just be a decent group of human beings and release all your data to the public as it comes out rather than doing any private capital building from it, which attracts the very parasites you have accidentally attracted.

If you take CluesForum as an example, the point isn't making "friends", it's to be decent people that have a concern for public welfare and know that sharing the knowledge — however "harsh" or "insulting" or in your case because of its predictive ability that people may not want to believe about themselves — is the main point of our focus on media fakery.

The more everyone knows about themselves and how their own patterns are observed, the more people change or act differently to appear to change. You probably know this already. There are also qualities that people don't change, even when it is pointed out to them, but how can you know unless it is? Perhaps (I mean no offense or 'over-defense' at all) you have a subconscious fear that if you actually share the knowledge your group collects clandestinely like a gang of paranoid creepy stalkers, people will change and your models will have to change to incorporate your own algorithm program's feedback. I'm not implying you help to create SkyNet, but how's "letting go" for a little challenge?
;)

Of course, your concern may be disingenuous if you are just here as another hired plant actually admitting for once the types of data that military, advertising, university and contractor types undoubtedly collect from CluesForum and all over the Internet. That would be a clever cover for your presence. You don't need to address this if you don't want. We are comfortable here not trusting anyone, including one another. Distrust doesn't necessarily equate to personal judgment here.

I also wonder something else. If you have been doing so many awful things for the sake of capitalistic advertising rather than sharing the knowledge with the public freely, you might consider tough questions and skepticism (which you call "friends" ? ) the least of your worries. I hope you don't mind these little screening things. First of all, what can it mean when you say this:

... the strict policies in the forum and the atmosphere that I see as "friends ruling over common sense" in many cases, but I hope I am allowed to register anyways and see if there are threads and information that I can comment on.

... except that you imply 'common sense' is any number of trolling methods we have come across? And you imply skepticism and inquiry and a set of rules you classify as 'friends' ? If I am misreading your excellent English, please try to paraphrase so I can understand that you are not slapping logic in the face on your first post.

When you say,

... quite some ethical problems currently, so we have been keeping most of the results secret from the company we work for and not sure really if we want to even develop it ...

I think you are implying that you are coming across a little moral dilemma with your entire practice as a human being. Slyly observing people and then testing it on your own relatives? Finding capitalistic niches? Seems a little twisted and sick to me, and I can understand why you are encountering issues. I could tell you about a parallel experience of friends in the advertising industry but testing one's own relatives without their knowledge? I hope you mean that what you are going to do to turn your life around is first of all tell your relatives exactly what you observed, how you "tested" them, and what you reflect on your behavior now. Of course, this may come with it all sorts of revelations, perhaps including one that y'all's crew is not the only class of people or organization making shrewd observations (as you seem to think of your group's observations quite highly) and they have some things to say about the world too. Perhaps even about you.

When you say:

I think I can give the forum some interesting insights how much "they" actually know in the MSM and how much they use the information gathered from the social network sites (and a wild number of popular forums and internet sites that are not really meant to be "social") to both find out what are the current trends, but more importantly how to manipulate people. Also how they can make "shills" that have no idea they are shills, as they are really just "normal, average sheep" that are chosen to deliver a certain message. I will gladly give you some real life examples what kind of campaigns we have done lately, how they work and about the results we have gained.

It's hardly a surprise, is it? I mean, don't we already know this? It makes me interested in what kinds of insight you could give that you would want to share versus what you would not want to share. Why refrain from sharing anything? Why not just publish all the results of all your studies, as soon as possible, and stop getting courted by those military assholes who want to use it against people? Perhaps our forum isn't the best place to do it, but maybe it is. And maybe we'd be happy to tell folks about your information if it looked legitimate!

Also, you seem to be implying something about the marathon post that you don't want to say explicitly. I am not sure after re-reading your post a few times what the 'common sense' meme means to you. Mind if I ask?

Thanks again for withstanding these annoying questions. And welcome to the forum. Great spelling and grammar for non-native writing. Make sure to read our REQUIRED threads in this forum to get how to use the posting functions properly, too.
hoi.polloi
Administrator

Postby Joukahainen on Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:00 am

hoi.polloi wrote:Well, Joukahainen, welcome. That's certainly an interesting self-interview you gave, thank you. It's a pity you identify with "tin foil hat" rather than rejecting the title, since it's a fairly insulting description of people who think about the world around them.

Thank you, Hoi Polloi. Is HP an ok acronym or do you prefer Hoi?

I will gladly use some more proper term the next time if you think that is/was insulting to any of you here at the forum. Personally I don't really take it as an offense, as for me it's just the sheep "talking" and their opinion does not really affect me that much. I use it often myself as with people who "are not sheep" know immediately what I mean. So if you have a better word, I will gladly import it into my dictionary and try to use it in the future, any kind of insult or demeanor was not meant.

I see a very simple solution to your moral conundrum, if you don't mind me saying so, and you don't mind that a simple solution doesn't necessarily mean it's emotionally easy to reconcile once it's done. Just be a decent group of human beings and release all your data to the public as it comes out rather than doing any private capital building from it, which attracts the very parasites you have accidentally attracted.

You are somewhat right here. My actual personal "dilemma" here is a combination of several reasons, mainly that I only work part time as a coder and I do not actually own any of the code or information created/gathered myself, even partly. If it would be only my "daily bread" in the question, I would not care that much, but I have several (somewhat) good friends whose living and family is strongly linked to the information and work we do. As I said in my intro, I have been mainly living with my dj gigs and music the last 10 years, so I could maybe go on without any coding jobs (at least this sort, for this company), but it would be a huge loss for my friends and even thou we have talked about it quite a bit, I do not feel I am in the position to actually "just do it" and watch the outcome which will quite likely be me and several others get sacked and maybe even sued by the company they/us work with.

However, I am willing to show as much as I possibly can without compromising my friends and their jobs and will be doing so as soon as I get my first own thread starting. Personally I would mostly like to show how much "more" _we_ (they?) know than most (sheep?) seem to think, as most people seem to always think about hard data only and not give much thought about what kind of information can be generated using this hard data that is readily available nowadays.

If you take CluesForum as an example, the point isn't making "friends", it's to be decent people that have a concern for public welfare and know that sharing the knowledge — however "harsh" or "insulting" or in your case because of its predictive ability that people may not want to believe about themselves — is the main point of our focus on media fakery.

And this is exactly one of the main reasons I wanted to join, besides shamelessly reading this forums for years and just consuming your output without giving anything back.

The more everyone knows about themselves and how their own patterns are observed, the more people change or act differently to appear to change. You probably know this already. There are also qualities that people don't change, even when it is pointed out to them, but how can you know unless it is? Perhaps (I mean no offense or 'over-defense' at all) you have a subconscious fear that if you actually share the knowledge your group collects clandestinely like a gang of paranoid creepy stalkers, people will change and your models will have to change to incorporate your own algorithm program's feedback. I'm not implying you help to create SkyNet, but how's "letting go" for a little challenge?
;)

I have thought several times what would be the "best forum/media" to publish even some of our findings safely, but so far the few MSM outlets I have contacted have been either a) super uninterested b) very interested and then suddenly just said "we have no time/need/resources" to do this or c) demanded "show your face and let us know the company you work with so we can go and get a comment from the bosses". They are for reasons mentioned earlier not what I want. I have no want or need to be the next Assange (well, actually I think he is the ultimate shill of the moment, not a real whistle blower) and I also have some hard time trying to make my information media sexy so that it would be understood by the generic people. But I am working on it and I have told way more than I maybe should have for my few non work related friends and especially my close relatives.

Of course, your concern may be disingenuous if you are just here as another hired plant actually admitting for once the types of data that military, advertising, university and contractor types undoubtedly collect from CluesForum and all over the Internet. That would be a clever cover for your presence. You don't need to address this if you don't want. We are comfortable here not trusting anyone, including one another. Distrust doesn't necessarily equate to personal judgment here.

I don't have much to say about this, except that for raw data mining they (we?) have much more settle ways, as all your/our information is readily available here to be copy pasted without any need for socket puppet of any kind. What you probably/perhaps meant is to somehow manipulate the information and act as a general shill to mess up the information here. Hopefully I can show in the future I have no interest on that sort of stuff and I try to keep my comments as fact based as I possibly can. I have seen the general "we do not really trust each others much"- mentality, which is just natural at this point and nobody should be blamed for that. I have no guarantees any more than you do of how my info is taken, used or twisted here. Like my introduction post now. For any other forum I would be like "whattefuck, I am leaving dudes.." .. in here I feel it's just part of the routine. I have read enough of this posts to know how it goes for new (and even some older) users who do not have enough air in their tires to make that journey.

I also wonder something else. If you have been doing so many awful things for the sake of capitalistic advertising rather than sharing the knowledge with the public freely, you might consider tough questions and skepticism (which you call "friends" ? ) the least of your worries. I hope you don't mind these little screening things. First of all, what can it mean when you say this:

I must admit I do not really consider myself as somebody who has done "so many awful things" for the sake of capitalistic advertising. I am piss poor as they get (especially currently as I have been in a sickness leave for quite some time for chronic nerve pain problems, work related from dj gigs) and I am really interested about the stuff that I do for my own reasons. I have learned SO MUCH about people, politics, advertising and how things works through my part time job. In my younger years I was a wannabe hacker and really didn't think anything of it after a lot older, when I started to question what were my own motives and was it morally ok to do some of the stuff I did. Some was, but obviously a lot was not.. Before we started to actually make some more deep analysis and got promising results, I didn't have much problems with my coding and analysis, as it was pretty much "the same as everybody does, and the same that everybody should know about".

... the strict policies in the forum and the atmosphere that I see as "friends ruling over common sense" in many cases, but I hope I am allowed to register anyways and see if there are threads and information that I can comment on.

... except that you imply 'common sense' is any number of trolling methods we have come across? And you imply skepticism and inquiry and a set of rules you classify as 'friends' ? If I am misreading your excellent English, please try to paraphrase so I can understand that you are not slapping logic in the face on your first post.

I can't really comment much on this. It was just my general feeling about some of the late cases, just to let you know I am a bit nervous about the generic mood in the forum and that I might be somewhat reserved because of that. I do not wish to be torn into pieces for failing some sarcasm or not realizing some of my actions are not really super logical but just opinions that I have. I am very pleased about the general way how trolls and pointless chatter is handled here, just my way of saying I do not quite agree with all the actions done by the moderators. But as I already said in my other reply, it's not an easy job to do and I do not assume it can be much better by myself or any others either. I just have quite some experiences where the well working "insiders" group become so dominant they drive away any newcomers and then later wonder what happened to our user base. But it's not my problem anyways, it seems people are generally happy about the way things are in here. Not my job to come here as a newbie and try to change anything.

When you say,

... quite some ethical problems currently, so we have been keeping most of the results secret from the company we work for and not sure really if we want to even develop it ...

I think you are implying that you are coming across a little moral dilemma with your entire practice as a human being. Slyly observing people and then testing it on your own relatives? Finding capitalistic niches? Seems a little twisted and sick to me, and I can understand why you are encountering issues. I could tell you about a parallel experience of friends in the advertising industry but testing one's own relatives without their knowledge? I hope you mean that what you are going to do to turn your life around is first of all tell your relatives exactly what you observed, how you "tested" them, and what you reflect on your behavior now. Of course, this may come with it all sorts of revelations, perhaps including one that y'all's crew is not the only class of people or organization making shrewd observations (as you seem to think of your group's observations quite highly) and they have some things to say about the world too. Perhaps even about you.

I don't think I said anywhere I have tested any of our codes to my relatives of friends without authorization. If I did, that is surely a mistake and I will take that argument back immediately. Every person that I know personally and whom was tested, was asked a permission, and I shared all my results with face 2 face explanation of them to each one who wanted to have them. Everyone actually wanted to have the results we had at that point and most even wanted me to sit down with them and explain what each "stat" that we gathered meant. What comes to "slyly observing" .. I would like to point out something that I think is very important in order to understand what we do when we analyze this kind of stuff: (I think this is somewhat of a general rule in the business, at least officially)

In GENERAL, all information that we have, cannot be linked to a person, as the databases that we are allowed to use and have, are always stripped off from usernames and identification that the source (company) thinks is "too personal" or "can lead to identifying an individual person". However, as I got a permission and was able to get some history from my friends/relatives to identify users that we normally only know with a database ID (which is generally either just integer showing the slot in the sql/other database, or a unique string that can be used to identify identical copies that we sometimes make to test how a certain change affects our algorithms/searches). In practice we managed to match certain phrases like private messages or comments with our database to know "who is my friend X or my sibling Y". 99.x% of the database is really not identifiable for us in normal situations and (to be honest) we are not even allowed to try to identify an individual person, except in cases where there is some study going on with people participating and giving permissions. (That happens all the time, both in the commercial circles as in the universities and other non profit organizations).

Note: I do not wish to make it appear like it would be extremely hard for people to identify individuals from the generic databases we have. All it really takes is some unique phrases, IP addresses or other data that we can link to a certain person. As a rule of hand, in the advertising circles that is not allowed. I do not think for a moment we are only ones doing this and I would be laughing if somebody claimed other organizations (military etc.) are following the same kind of rules.

For example there are databases which have IP addresses included. If I would like to identify myself (assuming I would be using any of those services which data we have. I do not use any social media whatsoever, did not use even before starting my current (part time) job), all I would have to do is check my current IP or maybe the generic IP for my area, and then check all of them to find something that I could identify being "of mine". It can be a website I am sure I visited at time hh:mm:ss on dd.mm.yyyy or a phrase that I know was written by me. From that information I would maybe find an "id" for that phrase or IP and then I could search for every data related to that ID.

Note 2: Not all data is linked to certain ID, sometimes we have databases which only has gazillion lines of non identifiable data like facebook wall messages, without any other information. This kind of data is used to make generic searches and analysis about language used. We might maybe have the "target" of the phrases showing/known but not any information who wrote it, where, when or via what (address/device etc). From this kind of data it would be impossible to really identify anyone except maybe your own scribblings, but you would have to search every one of them by hand, as there is no ID that is linked to any of the phrases. This is generally accepted as "non-identifiable" data, even thou anyone could of course identify their own writings. However, from our point of view each person is "anonymous" and we might at most try to use our other algorithms to check if we can "guess" who wrote what or "what kind of person" wrote that (which is mostly what we do).

Note 3: We have a lot of data with SOME data linked to certain IDs as what we actually try to do, is to find ways to identify personality traits, non hard data or predict something and then later find out if that happened. For that we might have a database from January 2012 to March 2012. We make our analysis, code an algorithm and make a guess what "should happen" or what data we SHOULD find. Then we get the data from April 2012 to June 2012 and see if we manage to find some information that was correct. (Please ask if too complicated, I am trying to make this as simple as possible with watered down examples).

When you say:

It's hardly a surprise, is it? I mean, don't we already know this? It makes me interested in what kinds of insight you could give that you would want to share versus what you would not want to share. Why refrain from sharing anything? Why not just publish all the results of all your studies, as soon as possible, and stop getting courted by those military assholes who want to use it against people? Perhaps our forum isn't the best place to do it, but maybe it is. And maybe we'd be happy to tell folks about your information if it looked legitimate!

I can only refer to my earlier reasons. We do not have any authorized "official study" or research going on. Just a bunch of guys who generally work for a coding company which tries to find new ways to "target advertising". In reality what the company does, is trying to find ways to manipulate the general audience better so that even the crappy advertising campaigns would work out. It's really nothing that other similar companies don't do as well, but our methods seems to be unique at least in Finland at the moment. We have made some reasonably big steps during the last 4 years like managed to cross reference different data from reasonably different sources (for example: Netflix vs. Facebook or Youtube or similar) and found several "matches" so that we can use data from another database to fill a missing whole in another database with "somewhat similar" data, or data that usually yields a similar result in the algorithms that we use.

Anyways, I am planning to show some examples, and it might be indeed that it's not that ground breaking to you guys from either experience or how you assume things go behind the curtains, but I would gladly make the information more widely available without having to risk myself or my friends while doing it.

What comes to information I am not "willing to share", it's generally just information that I assume might cause any harm to myself, my friends or the company I work for. Not so much feelings for the company per se, but I have drama enough without getting dragged into court for publishing information that I have "promised" (at least I signed that generic confidentially paper when started my job) to keep hidden and even less to drag my friends with me.

But fear not, I will certainly share what I can and please do not think it will be something that blows your brain if you are in the business yourself or are paranoid enough to know the real deal. But there might be something that gives you more reasons to be just as paranoid as most of us already are.

Also, you seem to be implying something about the marathon post that you don't want to say explicitly. I am not sure after re-reading your post a few times what the 'common sense' meme means to you. Mind if I ask?

Hopefully I managed to reply satisfactory in the thread itself, I did not really have much more to say about the thread itself except that it was finally a good reason for me to make the leap of faith and join.

Thanks again for withstanding these annoying questions. And welcome to the forum. Great spelling and grammar for non-native writing. Make sure to read our REQUIRED threads in this forum to get how to use the posting functions properly, too.

Thanks for the compliments. I might do some silly mistakes every now and then (and I have to admit, I am sometimes so heavily medicated because of my nerve pain, I might just miss even the basics, but I do try to avoid writing in that kind of conditions), but I will do my best with the language. It will take more time than I really would want it to take (compared to Finnish) but I am sure I will also learn while doing it.

Hopefully I cleared some of your questions and will gladly tell more if you think some part was not clear.
Joukahainen

Postby hoi.polloi on Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:53 am

Wow. Such a nice response. Thank you very much for running my verbal obstacle course. I appreciate your in-depth answers and I am impressed and surprised by them. I look forward to your contributions. Thank you!
hoi.polloi
Administrator

Postby ProperGander on Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:04 am

Introducing myself:

I'm a male a 45 year old motion graphic designer. 2d 3d animation for mostly corporate clients. Trained as an illustrator.
Plenty of art history and perspective classes under my belt as well as some photography experience.
My wife and I do editing and after effects and 3d work for a living.

From New York. Worked in New York City for years. Was in the city on 911 and got out by way of Penn Station. Did see dust covered business men there. Does mean anything as I’ve seen the video from the Boston Marathon where the ‘actors’ were being ‘dusted’ for the cameras.

Bought into the mainstream narrative like everyone else for years.

Some time in the past 5 years or so I wrapped my brain around the farce of 911 and began investigating into Nikola Tesla, Einstein, Newton etc

Of course I found your forum and have read 75% of it or so. Rockets not working in vacuum and the 911 work as well as the rest has really been eye opening.
At first I didn’t agree with you that the whole things was a Hollywood production. But after waking up further I see now that is exactly the case. It takes time for new ideas to soak in and keeping one’s mind open is a skill acquired with practice.

Ive taken various 911 clips into After Effects - The one with the Whitehall building and the hit on the second tower with the second plane comes to mind.
The Whitehall building shows ( by way of its impossible perspective) that the clip is a composite. The lack of parallax also shows that,

Aluminum planes are easily taken apart by things like birds. There is video on youtube of bullets penetrating a wall and the skin of the bullet peels off. The jet planes do not interact at all with the building(s) in any video I have ever seen online. I have watched all that you have posted on this subject and agree with you.

A large charcoal fire made with soaked coal will take longer to turn that light grey you need to start grilling than the towers took to fall.

Judy Wood would be on to something if there was not clear sign of video fakery. Yet her beam weapon idea is lacking in any real basis in reality as the projection of such energy is probably impossible.
If such tech was used to dismantle the towers- it was plugged into the electrical system of the Trade Center itself. There were transformer floors and Con Ed substations and all that electrical power there. Not to mention the broadcast antennas.
If any secret tech existed and was used it would be something that would essentially need a wire to work. Or some kind of near field like a microwave oven.
In any case the mass of steel and all that goes into those massive constructs would also require time to demolish even with Star Trek phasers.

The biggest lie we are told might just be about the projection of power by the Military Industrial (Entertainment) Complex. Judy Wood’s angle intentional or not- supports the narrative of secret weaponry and the projection of power around the globe by the elite.

I have a few posts I’d like to contribute to your forum ones that would point in directions of research so others can do their own ‘experiments’ and see things for themselves.

The ISIS space station is one of them. The photo of it with the sun is fake.
The Zapruder film- this and the rest of the art from that day should be in a museum and I mean that. Its is art. Compare the open to the Watchmen film to it and your point about parallax is even clearer to those who don’t get it. The end of the clip is where in the Watchman open one can see the trees exhibit parallax.

Rockets in vacuum would be like a match near a vacuum cleaner. Objects need a medium to move except for some reason in outer space. Same thing with light from stars. We see them but Neil Armstrong didn’t and Edgar Mitchell claims he did.
NASA=never a straight answer for good reason. They would have us believe the laws of physics work different in outer space. Or something. They aren’t clear on any of it.

I personally have no inside knowledge about any of this. And to be honest, if I signed along the dotted line I’d keep my mouth shut.
But as someone born and raised into this age of electronics and as a visual artist given such wonderful tools to play with, I can’t help but blame the elite for being responsible ultimately for giving us in the masses the tools to set our minds free. Without the power of the internet, all the clips on YOUTUBE, arch e.org, without all the image and video tools, we’d all be stuck in the 20th century literally.
The conspiracy theory market is one supported by the very forces that support every other aspect of our world. Its part of the con I think. The maze in the Shining is the metaphor. Its a puzzle with no solution. All the biographies about all the characters and all the endless speculation about all the connections is apparent in nearly every one of these events.
I don’t think anyone really wants to see things change in any drastic way. I think we simply need to see things favor the working middle class a bit more. Nobody is going to truly want to give up this MATRIX.
The powers that be simply need to give us a little room to breathe, All the propaganda won’t hide the fact that here in the USA our grandparents were less educated and earned more relative to us college educated wage slaves.
The other interesting facet about all of this is that to the uninitiated this sounds absurd. Up is down and down up.
ProperGander
Banned

Postby hoi.polloi on Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:16 am

Hi, and I'd like to welcome you but your text is largely illegible gibberish. Sorry to warn you right off the bat, but we must balance our need for new contributors with a need for very clear and legible text. Will you kindly get your text proof-read before posting — either by yourself or someone else who can? Thank you in advance for your patience.

I know that it takes a while to adjust from the fast-paced world of today to our "slow and steady" practices here at CluesForum, but the legibility of our forum is one of its main benefits. So please, before posting again, triple check your posts for proper punctuation. Also, please finish your sentences or sentence fragments or punctuate your posts in conversational style.

Sorry and thanks again.
hoi.polloi
Administrator

Postby Ataraxia on Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:16 pm

Hello, I’m from Ontario, Canada, I’m a male in my mid-30s.

I’d say ever since the internet first came along, I’ve been searching out various conspiracies and (maybe regrettably?) I’ve spent countless hours reading through various spurious sites, pouring over the Zapruder film, etc. I’ve been lurking here for about half a year. I think I’ve read every post on this site. The evidence presented here has shown me the obvious fakery of much of that previous information. To me, this forum remains one of the last bastions of any real free and open dialogue. I’ve found even the most innocuous forums are populated with sock-puppets and shills, who purposely inhibit honest discussion. It’s obvious how rife the larger forums are. In less than a year, even LiveLeak has gone from an extreme sceptic-leaning place to one where you’re ridiculed if you don’t believe the propaganda videos from Syria. Very bizarre.

I’m currently in my first term in a computer programming course. I like to read historical texts and fiction of all kinds. In my spare time I’ve also designed a couple mods for my favourite PC game, teaching myself to use programs like photoshop/Gimp, and 3D modeling programs like Blender, Anim8tor, etc. Through this I've become better at noticing photoshopped techniques, and seeing how easily it can be done in order to fool people who are satisfied with being fooled.

I like to also design things like board games and write novels. I find I like to design through a series of logical steps, determining what works and what can’t work, and strip away from this my bias and ego as much as I possibly can, since these only lead to self-defeat. I then try and apply this way of thinking to the realm of media duplicity and approach it with logical reasoning instead of emotion.
Ataraxia

Postby hoi.polloi on Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:58 pm

Hello, and welcome.

I am confident you understand our standards after reading almost the whole forum, so thank you for honoring that. If you have questions on how to use the forum functions, please read the REQUIRED threads or post questions about that there: viewforum.php?f=32

Thanks!

By the way, what inspired your user name?
hoi.polloi
Administrator

Postby Ataraxia on Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:24 pm

I thought it'd be relevant to pick something that shows that even in the face of all this nonsense and fear they throw at us, that I still live in peace and they can't destroy me with their lies no matter how hard they try.
Ataraxia

Postby simonshack on Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:29 am

Ataraxia wrote:I thought it'd be relevant to pick something that shows that even in the face of all this nonsense and fear they throw at us, that I still live in peace and they can't destroy me with their lies no matter how hard they try.

What an absolutely wonderful username, Ataraxia - my sincere compliments for your choice.

Those ancient Greeks were evidently well ahead of us (our 'modern' civilization) in many ways...

Next time someone asks me what on earth we're trying to achieve with all our efforts here at Cluesforum, I'll probably just answer: "ataraxia"!

"For Epicureanism, ataraxia was synonymous with the only true happiness possible for a person. It signifies the state of robust tranquility that derives from eschewing faith in an afterlife, not fearing the gods because they are distant and unconcerned with us, avoiding politics and vexatious people, surrounding oneself with trustworthy and affectionate friends and, most importantly, being an affectionate, virtuous person, worthy of trust."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ataraxia

Alright, so you might say that we're not exactly "avoiding politics and vexatious people" here at Cluesforum - we're actually pretty damn concerned with them... However, I guess we need more time to recapture the spirit, intelligence and wisdom of the ancient Greeks; we have a long journey ahead but, hopefully, we are treading on the right path.

The Stoics saw ataraxia as something to be highly desired, often making use of the term. For them, the analogous state, attained by the Stoic sage, was the absence of passion or apatheia. Now, make no mistake, apatheia does NOT have the negative connotation of the modern English word 'apathy'. To be sure, NO ONE would like to be called 'apathetic' today - and kids diagnosed with 'apathy' are given drugs... Amazing how linguistics can utterly distort over time the meaning of words (I suspect foul play here - on the part of our 'modern' scholars / universities - the subject actually deserves a forum thread of its own!) :

"For the Stoics, it [apatheia] was the optimum rational response to the world, for we cannot control things that are caused by the will of others or by Nature; we can only control our own will. This did not mean a loss of feeling, or total disengagement from the world. The Stoic who performs correct (virtuous) judgments and actions as part of the world-order experiences contentment (eudaimonia) and good feelings (eupatheia)."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apatheia

Let's hope our modern scholars / linguists won't also manage to destroy the true meaning of ataraxia (as they have with 'apatheia') - and that we will never see the dreaded day when a schoolmaster warns a mother that her child is "ataraxic - and needs medication!"....

For now though, the medical definition of 'ataraxia' (or 'ataraxy') seems reasonable enough :

ataraxia (ˌætəˈræksɪə) or ataraxy
n
1. (Medicine) calmness or peace of mind; emotional tranquillity
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/ataraxia
simonshack
Administrator

Postby Gopi on Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:59 pm

Hello everyone!

My name is Gopi Krishna (29), and I am from Bangalore, India. I was in India until I completed my Master's in Physics, following which I got into the Doctoral program at the University of Houston. I completed that in December recently, and am now working on some independent projects related to my research in Photovoltaics (Solar cells) in Utah.

My professional expertise is predominantly in Physics (both mainstream and alternative), mathematics, scientific psychology and philosophy. I have been studying many current geopolitical topics and getting in touch with people who seem to have a handle on the truth, and that is what led me to September clues. In fact, I only bumped into the website last September and spent the time since then reading through it, and felt you guys and gals were definitely on the right trail.

One of the best ways, IMHO, to really evaluate people is to talk to them directly, or at least by email. With our current internet (bad) habits and paranoia, we are more likely to google someone up and nitpick different details than to meet face to face and read the person directly. Hence I decided to contact Simon, and based on his kind invite, eventually go out and meet him at his house in Italy, just a month ago while touring Europe. It was a wonderful experience, and convinced me that we can learn an incredible amount from one another, and that I could trust him. That is a rare thing these days in a troll-and-shill-filled world, and I was glad to get the chance.

Simon was also kind enough to show me the Italian countryside, which has given me memories for a lifetime. We discussed every topic under the sun, including the crazy faking that had gone on with my own country's space program, as well as events near Houston and NASA. I have also personally met and gotten to know Miles Mathis over the past two years, who is another person who has hit on the truth, and is the real deal, which I was communicating to Simon about. There are not too many people who see the worldwide shenanigans, but thankfully they are not absent either.

Anyway, I will contribute what I can to the discussions, and go from there. Feel free to ask for any details. And thank you for having me here.
Gopi

Postby hoi.polloi on Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:31 pm

Hello, Gopi. Welcome!
hoi.polloi
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to HOW TO REGISTER at CLUESFORUM - and other tips