REQUIRED: Introduce Yourself

How to register at Cluesforum / General administrative topics / and things that every member must read
Suspended Belief

Re: REQUIRED: Introduce Yourself

Unread post by Suspended Belief »

Hey Simon:

I just showed September Clues to my lil bro and he said he felt like he was living in N. Korea.

Anyways, let me join your forum if you don't mind. I do paranormal research, but I also research all the conspiracies out there...

Username: Suspended Belief
My YouTube channel: youtube.com/poweroftheair
Lives in: Iowa, USA
"motivations for joining Cluesforum" Want to talk about the "YouTube Shooter." This is messed up.

Also, I signed up with your forum, and never received the first email I expected to get, so I signed up again. Please activate the password for username "Suspended Belief". Thank you.

-SB
Muggē

Unread post by Muggē »

Hello,

I’m a 46 yo male in USA,
Married
Agnostic
I have been an electrician for 25 or so years.
I play the guitar, I like to tinker with things, take them apart , see how they work and try to fix them if they are broken. Reading and learning about all these different theories is a hobbie for the most part and I don’t know how much good it will do to seek and learn the truth, besides personal satisfaction, because trying to convince others of these things is an uphill battle I have learned.
I have been researching all sorts of conspiracy theories for several years now. The OKC bombing was the first one I really looked into but the the thing that really kicked it off for me was the book “ Hemp and the Marijuana Conspiracy “ written by Jack Herer. That book opened up the door to a lot of other things and into the rabbit hole I went. I have been led astray over the years by some of the different theories that are out there as it is sometimes hard to make heads or tails of the cacophony of disinformation that is prevalent.

I just stumbled across your site kinda by chance recently when I was looking into the Stephan Hawking death. How I missed CF before is strange because you all hit on about every theory that is out there so I figured CF may be good source because it apparently being suppressed to a certain degree.
I have a Facebook but it stays deactivated 99% of the time. I don’t have any websites or anything like that.
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

Hi Muggē, and welcome! Where does your user name come from?

I never noticed that our site was suppressed; we certainly come up in Google searches. However, the web is big and definitely censored so it wouldn't be surprising to me either way.

Hope you enjoy and contribute your research (... that which you actually want to share with humanity, anyhow; we're not data miners!) Please make sure to use spell check and keep our readability higher than the average forum!

You might notice that we don't develop conspiracy theories as much as critique conspiracy theories, as many of them have become integrated with the dominant narrative or honed into a dead end, honey trap or limited hangout. Consider searching our thread on some pet theories and see how we analyze the media and ask questions you might not find elsewhere (but which, of course, we hope will spread to all critical thinkers the world over).
Muggē

Unread post by Muggē »

Thanks hoi,
My user name is my last name spelled a little differently.

Maybe cluesforum is not suppressed, I just thought it was odd that I hadn’t run across it before. Maybe I did and ended up clicking on something else in the search results.

I am more of a reader but I’ll comment from time to time if I see something that no one else has mentioned.

My background is mainly electrical construction but I also went to technical scool years ago and studied radio and television communications. That was in the early 90’s and a lot has changed since then.
hoi.polloi

Thanks, Muggē, and how do we pronounce your user name? Is it like "muggy"? Welcome again.
Kassie

Unread post by Kassie »

It has been a handful of years since I last visited this forum. I participated briefly under the name Jove (an account I can no longer access, as the password and email associated with it are long gone), and I exposed myself as a somewhat silly young woman. I'd like to think I've grown in the time I've been away. I have chosen the new username Kassie simply because it is a name I often use on the internet and it has become a nickname of mine. I am Canadian and in my mid-30s.

I was relieved to find Cluesforum was still here after my absence. I see it now as an island of clear reason. From my observations of the youtube community, the goal of exposing media fakery rarely appears "pure", but rather overshadowed by other agendas (whether deliberate disinfo or simply delusion, I don't know). Media fakery on youtube has been presented as a means to discuss a wide range of speculative fiction such as doomsday prophecies, aliens, reptilians, Nibiru, and the illuminati (or as I like to say, the illuminaughty). I was disheartened by this. The BS turned me away from my own investigations. I had wanted to be a scientist of my own existence and experience but I began to doubt it was possible to learn anything from such pure observation. After all, there's nothing special about me -- so why hadn't someone else managed to do it? When I returned to Cluesforum recently, I saw that YOU are the people who are carrying out this investigation.

Some backstory:

My own interest (what I like to think about in my spare time, and what has been my pet project since I was 14), lies in the realm of philosophy, specifically epistemology. At 14 I read Kant's Prolegomena to Any Future Metaphysics, which impressed upon me the desire to understand science and philosophy from the ground up -- starting from my own observations. For me, despite still enjoying popular science at the time, the idea of developing my own view of existence as if I had lived my whole life on a desert island was deeply attractive. I often wondered what pure observation would reveal about the cosmos. Could people learn as much from thought experiments and reason as from the Hubble telescope (which I no longer believe in)?

So I was impressed and excited to return now and see Simon's Tychos model. For me it is a turning point: people can indeed shed themselves of the stories and fakery, and learn about natural phenomena by observation alone. I do intend to support your project, Simon, when I can.

Other than financial support, which I cannot currently provide, I've been thinking about what I can offer this forum and how I can fit in. I was an editor for over a decade and often did freelance work helping PhD students with their dissertations. However, I find that people with good reasoning tend to write very well, so I doubt my editing skills would be much needed here.

I like to say that beyond Descartes' cogito ergo sum, there are only two kinds of stories from which to gather knowledge: the stories we learn from direct observation (through our own senses), and the stories we hear of others' observations (the validity and motives of which we can never know). I would like to participate in the greater goal of reversing the deEnlightenment humanity is currently drowning in. I want to return to a time before science was twisted up in NASA's lies, and see true intellectual progress happen.
patrix

Unread post by patrix »

I want to return to a time before science was twisted up in NASA's lies, and see true intellectual progress happen.
I am so in line with you on this Kassie.

Much of current science turns out to be bunk that can be readily disproved through the scientific method.
It started in the early 20th century with Einstein and his discarding of the aether and wave theory of light, and then its gradually gotten worse to the point where it's now common belief that rockets can whizz around in vaccum despite the fact that it is in violation of proven physics.

Hundred years of potential human scientific progress have been lost, which makes me sad.

But I am equally happy that a musician from Rome has given humanity arguably the greatest scientific discovery ever - Earths PVP orbit and the Tychos model.

Welcome to the forum Kassie.
hoi.polloi

Thank you for the kind words Kassie! Welcome and enjoy.

Do you have any ideas about how we might be able to improve the "branding" or appearance of the site so the flavor of investigation we do is more readily understood by average visitors? Or is that perhaps unwise?
Muggē

Unread post by Muggē »

hoi.polloi » April 9th, 2018, 1:49 pm wrote:Thanks, Muggē, and how do we pronounce your user name? Is it like "muggy"? Welcome again.
Thanks Hoi,
Yes, “Muggy” is the correct pronunciation.

Regarding the “distillation” of some of the major threads....
That sounds like a great Idea. Maybe a new sub-catagory called “ Truth shine” .
Kassie

Unread post by Kassie »

Hello all! Thank you for the warm welcome.

Hoi, I am not particularly well-versed in branding (I worked as an editor mainly in the fast-paced world of Victorian periodicals, ha ha). But increasing accessibility by summarizing topics does seem like an obvious improvement. I would be entirely happy to help. It sounds like a massive undertaking but I currently have a good deal of time on my hands, and also I would enjoy reading and re-reading the forum for my own growth and study.

Patrix, it's funny you mention aether -- I wrote a poem about aether a few years ago. I'd like to share it, and I realize that might be horribly obnoxious of me (what am I thinking?! posting poetry on Cluesforum?!), but it's just that I feel I've walked into a room with the only few people gathered who might appreciate it.

Dark Energy
pained him. He knew æther when he saw it,
watched theory take a cure-all
to smooth out the night, patching
up physics by tradition and verse, familiar
hearthside legends, while he ran
with the toothed unknown,
the untamed science replete
with attributes more rich unnamed,
more honest, in a time when honest work was rare.
But æther came at dusk, swinging
its toolbox, whistling worksong.
Old jack-of-all-trades:
rough-handed, stead-sure, employed
to do what a certified labourer couldn't –
to push planets around the sun, carry
light across the cosmos, or make
the Universe expand;
in other words, he'd concede,
a man in need of home, love, supper,
and life apart from anonymity.
patrix

Unread post by patrix »

Very nice poem Kassie. I have a soft spot myself and actually write poems now and then.

The blog idea - Yes! A Clues forum blog that summarizes interesting threads in a digestible manner would be great. As it stands now, that job is carried out by the high level shills that like to mix in subjects that are never discussed on this forum, and for good reason.
kalika

Unread post by kalika »

Hello everyone!
Primarily joining for the benefit of a page opening on my last read post (if the forum works as some others). I can’t write as well or express my thoughts as clearly as those here so I doubt I will be contributing much.

I have been reading the forum for about 3 years now. I’m 24, Polish but live in Ireland.
I studied physics and astronomy for two years but have since switched to chemistry.
There seems to be a lot of misinformation in the fields of biochemistry/cell biology, genetics, endocrinology and neuroscience too, though I don’t know if those are so much conspiracies or just a mix of greed and current modes of thinking that lead to incorrect theories. Mostly, I’m just interested in learning as much as possible about the world I live in.
I hope that in the future I will be able to contribute to the wealth of knowledge here.
pillar
Banned

Unread post by pillar »

Just joined and
a big hello to all,

Male , 38
Profession: warehouse operative
Born: london , england
Residence: ireland
user name : pillar

just would like to be able to post from now to then
as previously mainly just read through threads .
a good outlet to gain different perspective with like minded people .
hoi.polloi

pillar wrote:Just joined and
a big hello to all,

Male , 38
Profession: warehouse operative
Born: london , england
Residence: ireland
user name : pillar

just would like to be able to post from now to then
as previously mainly just read through threads .
a good outlet to gain different perspective with like minded people .
Hello and welcome. May I ask what your extremely weird and awkward-looking punctuation is about?
Alicekinnian
Banned

Required Introduction

Unread post by Alicekinnian »

Hello,
I was hoping to participate in the forum.
I am a retired electrical engineer, and more recently a stay at home mother.
I selected my username because I admire the compassion of Alice Kinnian, a fictional character in the book Flowers for Algernon; she is supposed to represent a person who loves Charlie irrespective of his intelligence, for the essence of who he is. This character appeals to me because it is supposed to represent a person capable of following a scientific proof, without the ego or self-definition that arises from having the ability to do so; as a person who has been judged all my life on a competitive basis in the narrow confines of science, I like the spirit of inclusion and grace this character is supposed to embody.
I currently have no professional expertise, nor novel insights - I am here primarily to learn from others and gather their beliefs for consideration in the evolution of my personal ideology. My specific motivation for joining was to ask further questions of the member who had posted in 2015 about the phrase "Father of Old"; I wanted more clarification on his post and his statements about St Anthony.
My nationality, I suppose, would be American.
Thanks,
Alice