REQUIRED: Introduce Yourself

How to register at Cluesforum / General administrative topics / and things that every member must read
Selene
Banned

Re: REQUIRED: Introduce Yourself

Unread post by Selene »

Welcome Wes,

If your posts are like your music, I admit to be curious and interested. I listened Not Enough and Serene. The first song; well played, nice to use your tracks to dub your guitar plays like this, the flow and (lack of) rhythm didn't catch me, but that doesn't discard the quality of your play.
Serene was much better and I found rhythm and it caught me. The lead guitar in my opinion had too much echo/chorus and was too loud a track compared to the others, which took the "serenity" a bit away, but very well played.

I may not be able to play the nice instrument myself, I come from a family of guitar teachers, so I can tell garbage from good play. Your stuff (will listen some more, promised) falls in the last category.

If you'd use subtle beats as "metronome" background you would catch me (and I guess many others) much more; of the literally hundreds of thousands of beats there should be some that fit your style. It would support the guitars, which now are a team, but still unsupported by other instruments, electronically produced or not.

On the (scientific) content: I am posting a lot on this forum because I like it. My frequency and volume are however strictly not meant to be "topposter of the day", it is the exact opposite; I want to engage more discussion, reflections, feedback, arguments, counter-arguments, counter-counter-arguments and so on. A reasonable, intelligent, rational discussion, which seems to serve your style more than "extensive researched posts, explanations, sketches and equations".

I wouldn't say you "probably won't contribute much", a single critical remark on crucial or dubious content in my posts (I can only speak for myself) is worth more than 100 YT videos as kind of answers, if you get what I mean.

Not that I don't like YT, I completely agree what Simon said about it some weeks ago. It's like TV, on demand and you can click any bullshit away (of which there's far too much).

In that sense I heard of Miles Mathis and am interested in his work, but a quick search on YT didn't give me anything. He seems to use the website/blog platform for his thoughts, which I find less easy to follow.

Do you know of videos on "his subjects" by him or by people who think like/quote him on the various topics he discusses? What is the "September Clues" of Miles Mathis, so to speak. You'd help me and I am certain a large portion of the many viewers Cluesforum has with that contribution an awful lot.

Welcome again and looking forward to more,

Selene

My arrows can be sharpish but my intentions are purely good
Selene
Banned

Unread post by Selene »

[st]
HonestlyNow wrote:
Selene wrote:In that sense I heard of Miles Mathis and am interested in his work, . . .

Wouldn't you know, there's a thread here titled Miles W. Mathis — truther or something else?

Yes I do, HonestlyNow, thanks for linking to it again. That would be the place Wes should place his videos, right?

Or do you consider the current content "the final thing"? Honestly? ;)
[/st]
HonestlyNow wrote:Please delete, posted too soon.
No hard feelings, Honestly. And now. :P

Selene
Wes

Unread post by Wes »

Selene wrote:Welcome Wes,

If your posts are like your music, I admit to be curious and interested. I listened Not Enough and Serene. The first song; well played, nice to use your tracks to dub your guitar plays like this, the flow and (lack of) rhythm didn't catch me, but that doesn't discard the quality of your play.
Serene was much better and I found rhythm and it caught me. The lead guitar in my opinion had too much echo/chorus and was too loud a track compared to the others, which took the "serenity" a bit away, but very well played.

I may not be able to play the nice instrument myself, I come from a family of guitar teachers, so I can tell garbage from good play. Your stuff (will listen some more, promised) falls in the last category.

If you'd use subtle beats as "metronome" background you would catch me (and I guess many others) much more; of the literally hundreds of thousands of beats there should be some that fit your style. It would support the guitars, which now are a team, but still unsupported by other instruments, electronically produced or not.

On the (scientific) content: I am posting a lot on this forum because I like it. My frequency and volume are however strictly not meant to be "topposter of the day", it is the exact opposite; I want to engage more discussion, reflections, feedback, arguments, counter-arguments, counter-counter-arguments and so on. A reasonable, intelligent, rational discussion, which seems to serve your style more than "extensive researched posts, explanations, sketches and equations".

I wouldn't say you "probably won't contribute much", a single critical remark on crucial or dubious content in my posts (I can only speak for myself) is worth more than 100 YT videos as kind of answers, if you get what I mean.

Not that I don't like YT, I completely agree what Simon said about it some weeks ago. It's like TV, on demand and you can click any bullshit away (of which there's far too much).

In that sense I heard of Miles Mathis and am interested in his work, but a quick search on YT didn't give me anything. He seems to use the website/blog platform for his thoughts, which I find less easy to follow.

Do you know of videos on "his subjects" by him or by people who think like/quote him on the various topics he discusses? What is the "September Clues" of Miles Mathis, so to speak. You'd help me and I am certain a large portion of the many viewers Cluesforum has with that contribution an awful lot.

Welcome again and looking forward to more,

Selene
Thanks for the welcome. I agree that my music needs some other instrumentation. What you find at the link is only recorded improv sessions over spontaneously created loops. I am working on filling some stuff out and completing some songs. I have a terrible tendency toward procrastination and perfectionism.
Xious

Unread post by Xious »

Greetings,

I'm from the US, am an electrical tech, audio engineer, musician, and philosopher among other things.

I found CluesForum last week or so. A friend had sent me a link to a Youtube video regarding a phenomenon called a "Moonwave" when I noticed another video titled "Do rockets work in space". That looked interesting so I checked it out then saw another video called "Nerd accidentally proves that rockets don't work in space" which also looked interesting. I promptly sent links to friends in order to start a discussion but there was little to no interest.

I was still interested in learning more on the topic so I did a search and found Bothias' discussion which was exactly what I was looking for. I ended up reading the whole thread surprised that no one could counter his argument. I was very impressed by the level of moderation and how Bothias stood his ground for the duration of the thread.

I decided to post a link to the discussion on a forum that I "was" a member of. My title was simply "Well this looks pretty interesting...". I cut and pasted the first page of Bothias' intro and left the link source at the bottom of my post.

As per expected, I got the usual jeers and prejudicial responses. I had expected that someone would find the discussion as interesting as I did but... not by a long shot. I was then called a "Flat Earther" and the ridicule wave started coming in except for one poster who stated that he was in college for the purpose of teaching this subject and would be happy to answer any questions. Well that was unexpected so I took him up on it but again the silly wave started coming in from the other members and especially the Admin who is the founder of the group. I stayed the course with the college guy who could only really offer Newton's 3rd law and Nozzles as his best effort even though I had explained and linked Joule Expansion quite clearly. Then the Admin stepped in and started his barrage of accusations against me trying to say that I was trolling, that I was really the author of the article and a NASA hater, that I had an agenda, that I was a liar, and finally..... after I had posted a cut and paste of the Nozzle diagram showing loss of thrust increasing as air pressure dropped, he actaully "Demanded" that I apologize to NASA ( since the diagram included negative things said about NASA ) even though I informed him that it wasn't my diagram and I felt that the author had a right to his opinion.

At any rate, I promptly left the group after that last bit of stupidity. I have no use for such ridiculous behavior and the college student obviously didn't understand what was presented anyway so he could not be of any help. I am still interested to learn how rockets work in a vacuum but at this time, I am convinced that they can not. I had never heard of Joule Expansion before reading Bothias' thread and I believe that few others have ever heard of it either. I had never experienced NASA cult members before now either... bizarre.

The Admin's answer to my question of "How do rockets develop thrust in a vacuum was.... "NASA has completed thousands of successful missions in space" and he couldn't understand why that answer was inadequate.

From what I've read on this forum so far, it fits me like a glove. I feel like a man stranded on a desert island surrounded by an ocean of sleepers. I would rather associate with people who are awake and contribute to a forum that takes measures against members who insist on derailing threads with childish attempts at witticism and hurling senseless insults.

Cheers,

Xious
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

Welcome, Xious. Thanks for the intro.

You've met NASA cult members before. They're our own friends and family. It's just a very large cult. :(
Xious

Unread post by Xious »

True enough. I guess the word "zealot" would be more accurate in this case.

I have to admit though, it is so easy to imagine rockets working in space... especially since I am a Sci Fi fan. I had never given it much thought.

However, after watching "A Funny Thing Happened..." I was no longer a Nasa believer.
hoi.polloi wrote:Welcome, Xious. Thanks for the intro.

You've met NASA cult members before. They're our own friends and family. It's just a very large cult. :(
fbenario

Unread post by fbenario »

Xious, I look forward to reading more of your posts. You write clearly, and express your thoughts succinctly and understandably - unlike so many of our recent vintage of new members!
Xious

Unread post by Xious »

fbenario wrote:Xious, I look forward to reading more of your posts. You write clearly, and express your thoughts succinctly and understandably - unlike so many of our recent vintage of new members!
Well thank you very much. That is a rare compliment I have to say.
brianp

Unread post by brianp »

Greetings Simon (and CluesForum members)
My name is Brian, 36 year old white (attractive?) male, born and still residing in Louisville, Kentucky USA. No college and no kids.
I operate heavy equipment (excavator, bulldozer, etc.) and also a landscaper/arborist on the side. Ideally my free time is spent backpacking, fishing, camping, hunting native American artifacts, and woods foraging wild edibles & roots. Or when I'm stuck home, usually on the PC, in the yard, rigging my old beater Dodge pickup truck or reading.
I am also a collector & online seller of vintage vinyl LP & 45 rpm records (obscure Traditional Bluegrass music and Hick Rockabilly being my overall favorite styles).

I can't say that I have any particular technical expertise (as in CGI) to benefit your research in that regard, but I'm confident that my toolkit of critical thinking skills, inherent skepticism, a pretty tight fitting thinking-cap, excellent hearing/eyesight and God-given common sense (not to mention alot of spare time over the winter) would produce something worth contributing from time to time. In fact I'd like to jump on in regarding the recent "Live TV Journalist Executions" PsyOp whenever possible..

I got into 9/11 research the same way many did I suppose, via "the laid path" by downloading first "Road To Tyranny" and others off of Limewire P2P and later Bittorrent.
It was sometime 2009 I think before I ever watched September Clues.. I was utterly disgusted. Not in the film mind you, but in the realization that in all that WTC footage
I had been oblivious to the depth of the fakery and had been getting inadequate info (at best) or plain lies (at worst) all along and would need to start all over on 9/11. I can recall in particular the "live coverage" analysis (17 seconds + Nose-Out w/ Fade to Black & later Banner-Block) literally cramping my guts up to near pukage. Frankly, I felt worse off than the people that had simply bought the whole official story hook-line-sinker and would tell me they knew so because they had watched it "live" on TV that day.
Now I wish I could say that I took this new revelation and made good use of it to enlighten a bunch of others, but truth be told being pretty disheartened I just kind of drifted away from 9/11 stuff all together to focus on other research interests and when a new lady friend entered the scene I even relegated my entire info file folder to an old crappy beat-up hard drive to make room on my PC for our mutual music collection..lol. So yeah, I totally bombed out and pretty much said the hell with it all.

Anyhow, in the past few months I have had a resurgence in interest in my old files due to the tracker sites being dried-up and virtually nothing new of any value to download anymore. That led to a re-viewing of SC and subsequent discovery of Cluesforum. For the past few weeks late nights I've been lingering to "catch up" and I must say...the diligent work you folks have accomplished not only on 9-11 and the Vicsims...but also all of the other false flags over the years is quite impressive. I don't know what to say other than THANKS!!! I actually have a resurging fortitude again here lately to engage friends/family on historical events or the news of the day instead of simply knowing it is BS myself and being content to keep it at that. Too much of that can make oneself an unhappy camper. Well...theres my story and I'm sticking to it. Take care now. -brianp
hoi.polloi

Straight off the bat, can you give us your stories about any relationship or friendship you have to someone (or anyone who knows someone, or anyone who knows someone who knows someone) who died or was injured in any news story?

We have had a lot of people come on being quite enthused, only to reveal much later that they claim to have known someone involved in what is clearly a hoax — but they are unsound or suspicious on the details of their so called knowledge, if they are even willing to ask questions about it at all. So, I am sorry about this but I just have to ask you.

Also, of course it's positive to hear about any emotional benefit from the forum but bear in mind that if the first time you had a revelation it made you sick rather than elated, or at least curious, you should ask yourself why. And maybe you ought to really examine if you have the stomach and/or energy to continue researching things for yourself. Getting a knot somewhere in you because of the truth doesn't sound like a good sign; nor does it really sound like anyone I know who has been effective at getting to the truth.

Peace.
-hp
brianp

Unread post by brianp »

hoi.polloi wrote:Straight off the bat, can you give us your stories about any relationship or friendship you have to someone (or anyone who knows someone, or anyone who knows someone who knows someone) who died or was injured in any news story?

We have had a lot of people come on being quite enthused, only to reveal much later that they claim to have known someone involved in what is clearly a hoax — but they are unsound or suspicious on the details of their so called knowledge, if they are even willing to ask questions about it at all. So, I am sorry about this but I just have to ask you.

Also, of course it's positive to hear about any emotional benefit from the forum but bear in mind that if the first time you had a revelation it made you sick rather than elated, or at least curious, you should ask yourself why. And maybe you ought to really examine if you have the stomach and/or energy to continue researching things for yourself. Getting a knot somewhere in you because of the truth doesn't sound like a good sign; nor does it really sound like anyone I know who has been effective at getting to the truth.

Peace.
-hp
Hello hoi.polloi,
I can truthfully state that the answer is no.

Your points are well taken. I guess soul-searching would adequately describe your recommendations...which goes on in this man, but could always use more. I do have the stomach and am regaining the vigor/energy. As for me feeling sick upon my revelation...it was in reaction to my initial viewing of September Clues years back. I was then in "wake em up" mode to the point of making 100's of copies of various DVDs on 9/11, which in turn my friend would pass out on the major college campus here where I live and we'd canvass neighborhoods at night putting them in newspaper boxes. I never felt I was a beacon of light or anything...just wanted people who lived around me to think along the same lines and maybe have each others back when the whole crapper goes up in flames. So a noble cause...rooted in...well ultimately selfishness I suppose.The disappointment wasn't that I couldn't bear the truth as much as that I had been perpetuating the myths all along. And spending my own dough to do so. I was fully aware that all of these documentaries could not be %100 correct at the same time, but I felt that between them..surely there is enough to get people asking questions and telling others to do the same. What can I say? Upon later being convinced that these were smoke and mirror films to simply muck up the waters...I was truly pissed. Not elated. I still do not feel elated to watch the news and know it is only fooling the 'other' people. I'd watch it and until here recently, I would (still selfishly) tell myself..I know thats a lie...I'm smart...everyone else is a dupe, and thats all that matters. Believe me, in retrospect I wish I'd have kept myself active in this field and been following the research presented here all along..but I felt it time to concentrate on other things. Sold my 5 disc burner...and that was that. My living single status had changed to semi-serious as well and I was much more interested in perpetuating that situation however I could.
hoi.polloi

Well, in my opinion, your main success is that you kept on going on your personal research quest. That's really admirable.

People get tripped up the most when they start taking online interactions really personally — eager for fast friends through the research, eager to dig into people rather than simply calling them out on untrustworthiness factors, and so on.

We have had to ban people for absolutely no personal reasons, such as illegible text or overtly emotional core beliefs, solely because those things didn't fit the forum. We have been called horrible names for it, as we should have expected. Yet, some people do come to eventually understand it's not personal. It's just how we run the forum to maximize mass appeal on already very difficult (and for some, traumatic) topics.

My point is I would love to have the power to encourage you, no matter where you end up, to not give up — to strive for your personal truth and the protection of yourself and your community. And if that means you are on this forum, okay. But if it also means you apply your own expertise and start your own version of it — like your fliers or door knocking or whatever — whatever it ends up looking like, that's also okay. Maybe even better because you feel more ownership over it.

What I have been reflecting on lately is that if we can be humble enough to see previous failures as just that and not worse, and get our community members beyond that, we might use similar techniques that we had used in our more "connected" stages. That is, those stages of our lives when we felt more part of la folla or 'the crowd' but were just waking up to discussion topics that exit the limbo-like mainstream lobby. Before we wandered off into the wilderness of the unknown and made new paths that others are too scared to trust. While we fell for the little deer paths that bring people right back to the beginning, or lead in circles, because it felt safer or like some mid-ground between the known and unknown.

For example, I used to manufacture stickers promoting the research of online characters I didn't fully trust, just to get people to look at the research and connect to it in some way. However, I hadn't really attempted that method again since, even though I know it's culturally normative, just because the whole sticker thing had left a bad taste in my mouth once I realized how much those unsavory folks depend on people to promote them and give them attention. But lately I have been reconsidering that effort and trying to come up with some visual ways to trump the previous campaign with the greater experience and design sense that I've gained since. To make more direct paths to freedom, avoiding the charlatans. I hope this makes sense.

Just don't give up. No matter what. Trust your own ability to discern who is really worthy of trust over time. Don't cheat yourself of that for cheap social gains, as you (and I and probably many others) had tried to do. We can do this better, I think, if we continue to work it. Anyway, there I go rambling. Sorry. Welcome to the forum.
Nink
Banned

Looking for Clues

Unread post by Nink »

Hi All,
I have been a regular lurker on Clues for many years. I first came across Clues Forum while trying to strengthen a point of view on Wikipedia regarding Van Allen Belts and the moon landing. I am a logical person with a healthy level skepticism and I often need to personally fact check information before I believe it.

I have worked in the IT industry for approximately 30 years in many roles from programmer to computer engineer. Today I design complex computer systems for large corporations. I work on the bleeding edge of technology so I have a reasonable understanding of what is, or is not currently technically possible.

My interest in Clues Forum is to work with others to separate fact from fiction based on verifiable data to develop an understanding of what is actually feasible and what we have really accomplished. I believe one day we will actually be able to travel to the moon and visit other planets but in order to do this we have to first understand our current capabilities and then inform others of where we currently are. There was initially serious advancements towards space travel and unfortunately progress essentially stopped in exchange for low fidelity movies and CGI. Hopefully if we can provide a realistic base line of what the current state of technology is, we can identify the problems that need to be solved so people will come forward and start to try and solve them.
Sektor

Unread post by Sektor »

My name is Eugene, I am from Russia, 33 y.o. I'm an engineer, on my work I create programs (stand alone and Office macros), also create databases. I know Photoshop a bit.
I have to apologize beforehand if my English is poor or I do syntax error, because, well, I didn't have much practice, that's why my lexicon is not that rich. :) But I do understand grammar, I understand all you write on forums. :)
So, why I am interested in this field?
Well, there was some moment in my life, when I understood that something is wrong with what happens in our world. It was about 10-15 years ago. I read one interesting book about how revolution was REALLY planned and executed in our country, who was behind it. This book just opened my eyes. And I understood that there's constant lie in every aspect of our life. Our school books about history is a big lie. For instance, very few know why did German couldn't enter the Moscow in the beginning of war (1941-1945). I read about it ONLY IN ONE BOOK - AND NOWHERE ELSE.
I don't watch TV for 10 years, I don't listen to radio and don't read newspapers. And I didn't die from that. I get info when I want - and don't let the media brainwash me. And even if I read some random "news", I don't believe it.
I was a student when 9/11 happened. As a brainwashed person at those days, we all believed the lie our TV said. There were "planes", "terrorists" et cetera. I wasn't that interested in this theme. We knew only about terrorists - "Act of war", as Bush said.
When we got Internet available, I began watching all videos on youtube which concerned the things like propaganda in movies, music etc. I could finally see the vast lie infiltrated into our world. I watched videos about 9/11 pre-programming in movies, audio clips. All was planned beforehand long time ago. But for some reason, I didn't want to watch videos about explanation of 9/11 act - instinctively, I felt I would see lots of lie and disinfo, because, well, it has lots of aspects to discuss. But anyway, I decided to watch some "explanations" and wasn't satisfied because I felt they talk about some another thing. But... I watched "September Clues"... THIS was what I searched for. Clues showed me things that I was expecting for! This video didn't give an option - believe planes or not. Definitively, no planes. Your video was just my expectation - media is a big, huge lie!
After it I went to CF and read "CGI collapse footage" in full. This was awesome! You, guys, like lonely sailors on the truth boat in a big ocean of lie. I do appreciate your big work and hope it will reveal the truth for someone else.
I'd like to discuss themes and share info I have with other members. I hope that my contribution won't be in vain!
hoi.polloi

Welcome.

May I ask if you were able to watch the Russian subtitles, and what you thought of them? https://www.youtube.com/view_play_list? ... ECB4B2F08F

Also, if you could please expound on the topic of the revolution, to which "one book" are you referring, and can you enlighten us about its theory? We may even be able to help each other ask better questions about that time period if we discuss this openly. I have my doubts of the stories of Lenin, Fanny Kaplan, Stalin and so on.

One small suggestion about your writing, if you don't mind critique already. Your English is actually fair. But would you please consider not writing in ALL CAPS? We practice finding crucial but subtle information together, and you should save the CAPS for the dumb bravado of NASA, ISS, FBI, etc.

Please forgive anything that sounds "harsh" and do not take things personally. We have run into some problems in the past whereby amateur users of English have become extremely offended because our words did not translate well into their culture. Please, remember not to take anything personally on our web site. This place is truly intended for the betterment of everyone, but it's not exactly a social network for making friends. Thanks!