Hungerford massacre, Berkshire, UK, 19/8/1987

This is the forum dedicated to all 'minor' local psyops - phony murders, kidnappings and whatnot. It has now become evident that the news media constantly feeds the public with entirely fake stories - in order to keep us in eternal fear of our next-door neighbours and fellow citizens.
Euphoria

Hungerford massacre, Berkshire, UK, 19/8/1987

Unread post by Euphoria »

Above are the only images I can find of 'Michael Ryan.'

The event that has come to be known as the "Hungerford massacre" took place in Hungerford, Berkshire, England, on 19 August 1987. The killer, 27-year-old Michael Robert Ryan, armed with two semi-automatic rifles and a handgun, shot and killed sixteen people including his mother, and wounded fifteen others, before killing himself. A report on this incident was commissioned by the Home Secretary, Douglas Hurd, from the Chief Constable of Thames Valley Police, Colin Smith. Here is Smith:

Sir Colin Smith (he was later knighted) was the chief constable of Thames Valley police from 1985 to 1991 and retired as an inspector of constabulary in 2000. While he served in the post since 1991, inspecting the Royal Ulster Constabulary was one of his responsibilities.

The link to a BBC site, below, shows how he was recruited in 2002 to join Sir John Chilcot, a former senior civil servant in Northern Ireland, to run an independent review into the security breach at Belfast's main police centre.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/1884568.stm

I'm not saying Chilcott was connected to Hungerford, but the career background of Smith and the company he keeps is very enlightening. Chilcott was the Permanent Under Secretary of State in the Northern Ireland Office from 1990 to 1997. He also served in the Home Office and the Cabinet Office. He was a key figure in secret contacts with the IRA before the 1994 ceasefire. He was a member of the Independent Commission on the Voting System in 1997-8. In 1999 he was appointed by the prime minister as staff counsellor for the security and intelligence services and works part time in the Cabinet Office in that role. He also worked as an adviser to security employees who had problems with the nature of their work or personal grievances.

Purpose of the psyop

Wikipedia makes a point of describing Hungerford as an event that ranks "along with the 1996 Dunblane massacre and the 2010 Cumbria shootings, one of the worst criminal atrocities involving firearms in British history."

The massacre was used as the reasoning to pass the Firearms (Amendment) Act 1988, which banned the ownership of semi-automatic centre-fire rifles and restricted the use of shotguns with a magazine capacity of more than three rounds. The Hungerford Report had demonstrated that Ryan's collection of weapons was legally licensed.

Mummy's boy

This really makes me laugh. Yet again, as is SO common in these psyops, we have a psychotic killer branded as a 'mummy's boy.' The implication being that it could be anyone.

At the time of the shooting, Ryan apparently lived with his mother, Dorothy, a dinner lady at the local primary school. There was extensive press comment on this, suggesting the relationship was 'unhealthy' and that Ryan was "spoiled" by his mother. A famous Guardian headline applied the "mummy's boy" label to Ryan.
Last edited by Euphoria on Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Euphoria

Other perps of the Hungerford psyop

According to the Mail, the town's mayor Peter Harries...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyyxHjYOR74

... who has hosted the town's official memorial service several times, is the father of Carl Harries, a young soldier who was commended by the coroner for his bravery on that tragic afternoon. Ah yes, the coroner. We must know by now that coroners play an important role in the psyops, since they must be prepared to sign off (?) or put together paperwork on the non-existent 'vicsims.'

Anyway, the son Carl later served as an Army captain in Basra but has also served in Afghanistan, while his Peter is a keen fundraiser for the Help for Heroes charity, according to Newbury Today:

http://www.newburytoday.co.uk/news/Arti ... leID=16911

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... z1l56kn58H

His mum Shirley Harries says: "Carl came face-to-face with Michael Ryan. He's since said all he remembers was a "blank face, semi-smiling".

"Carl ducked through a hedge, then spent the afternoon running from one victim to another, calming people and administering first-aid.

"He helped get 22-year-old Sandra Hill out of her car after she'd been shot in the head. Sadly, she died in his arms.

"He also resuscitated Ian Playle and tried to save the lives of Jack and Myrtle Gibb."

It seems that Carl Harries is a real man, as he spoke on camera of the 'ordeal' in the 2007 documentary about the Hungerford massacre:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyyxHjYOR74

Trevor Wainwright was the local policeman at the time of the massacre and continued to serve in Hungerford Police until a few years ago.

'His father and one of his colleagues were killed by Ryan: his mother was shot but survived.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... z1l57eh4gP
Last edited by Euphoria on Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Euphoria

Michael Ryan - not a real person?

The lack of images got me thinking about how the perps faked images in the 'old days' when modern computer technology was not available for this purpose.

It brought to mind the Russian Foreign Ministry's involvement in the Norway and Utoya false flag, and the use of some Russian and other overseas-born false eyewitnesses. Also how the German police believe that the Yugoslav secret service carried out the murder of Olaf Palme, even though his killing may have been ordered in the West.

Do we think that the 'attacker' was faked using more primitive techniques? Or maybe actors from Russia or some other far-flung location, simply posed for a few photographs?

Michael Ryan was always described simply as an unemployed labourer, which seems a very convenient label for a fictional character.

The only individual to vouch for his employment status was entrepreneur Peter de Savary:

De Savary built his first business in Nigeria through contacts he made back home in England. The bulk of his business career has been spent in the shipping and oil sectors; he once owned or managed 13 shipyards around the globe, still retaining one shipyard in the United Kingdom, and he still has a global oil-trading and refueling business. De Savary built his first business in Nigeria through contacts he made back home in England. The bulk of his business career has been spent in the shipping and oil sectors; he once owned or managed 13 shipyards around the globe, still retaining one shipyard in the United Kingdom, and he still has a global oil-trading and refueling business.
SmokingGunII

Re: Hungerford massacre, Berkshire, UK, 19/8/1987

Unread post by SmokingGunII »

Euphoria - In 1990, I moved to Berkshire to work for a new employer. A few of the employees lived in and around Hungerford. I visited one of these people for dinner and broached the subject of Ryan as Hungerford & Ryan were synonomous with each other and it was recent history. She knew him, so he did exist. Hungerford is a small village. Whether there was more than met the eye, I have no idea, but he wasn't a fabrication.

I do appreciate that this forum looks into events for fakery, but we must remember that shit happens and there are plenty of people capable of commiting these deeds - evenmoreso in the UK.

We now have a generation of kids that can't get jobs - even those with a good education - that sit in their parents' homes playing games all day - killing and maiming for fun. When they're not gaming, they're watching shitty Hollywood movies where people are killing and maiming each other. It's all very predictable and depressing.
Euphoria

SmokingGunII wrote:Euphoria - In 1990, I moved to Berkshire to work for a new employer. A few of the employees lived in and around Hungerford. I visited one of these people for dinner and broached the subject of Ryan as Hungerford & Ryan were synonomous with each other and it was recent history. She knew him, so he did exist. Hungerford is a small village. Whether there was more than met the eye, I have no idea, but he wasn't a fabrication.
Thanks for joining the thread, SmokingGun. Welcome! I see your point, but at the same time, we've seen how people tell little white lies to make life more interesting, or to gain attention. Another poster mentioned a former co-worker in NYC who puffed his chest out proudly, declaring "I saw the second plane hit." In small towns we must also bear in mind that several local people are insiders to the psyop (Jokela, Kauhajoki, Columbine, Dunblane), or may know the insiders (yet be unaware themselves), so we don't know who we can trust. Hearsay isn't really credible.

See this link:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... ntary.html

If we are to accept the possibility that this may have been a psyop, then it seems that quite a few local people were involved in pulling it off. More eyewitnesses are mentioned in this article.

It follows the same pattern of mass media providing false opposition. The inquiry, the fury at BBC producers filming a re-enactment as part of a documentary on the massacre in 2004.

Chris Jennings
, a town councillor whose husband was shot in the leg by Ryan, said that the BBC was playing "fast and loose" with local sentiments.

Liz Brereton, whose husband, Roger, a police constable, was killed by Ryan, said: "Why can't the BBC just let people move on? The BBC has just added to my grief."

If we are to accept that Michael Ryan was a real person and Hungerford really happened, then the following questions apply:

* Why are only one or two images available of Ryan, from the same photo session? It really seems to emphasise his status as a simple labourer. Did his mother not take photographs of him? No school pictures? We agreed on here that Breivik most likely is fictional. I'm thinking there must be a way of tracking down former school pupils who were allegedly in the same year as Ryan at his school, as with Breivik. Nobody has been able to do it yet, but that could yield some interesting results.

* Where are the pictures of the victims?
SmokingGunII wrote:there are plenty of people capable of commiting these deeds - evenmoreso in the UK.
On the contrary, the UK's murder rate in 2011 was the lowest for 20 years, according to official crime statistics.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/cr ... 48627.html

Psyops are designed to change the way you measure the world. Of course, the UK has a population of 60 million and growing. Still, in 2011 the UK's murder rate was among the world's lowest, one place above Sweden. Canada, New Zealand and the Republic of Ireland had higher murder rates.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_co ... icide_rate

Also, anybody is capable of committing these deeds. That still doesn't mean they would do it. So we are getting into precrime again.
Last edited by Euphoria on Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

"she knew him, so he did exist."

Yes, and I know someone who lost a relative in the towers and another who saw the plane hit!

Don't be deterred by hearsay Euphoria, I too believe that these were Psyops...in a long list of Psyops in the UK!

Have a look at the Broadwater Farm Riots and PC Blakelock, Stephen Lawrence, PC Beshinivsky, the Brinks Bullion Robbery, Mad Mad McCann etc etc

Dunblane happened weeks before the Tony B Liar government came to office, and two of the above happened during his tenure!
Last edited by brianv on Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pov603

Unread post by pov603 »

Regarding the UK homicide rate you do have to factor in the severity of sentences handed down to people caught in possession of a firearm.
Consequently knife crime has increased substantially but the dynamics remain the same ie Party 'A' wants to cause harm to Party 'B', but instead of being able to shoot him/her and probably kill them, they now resort to stabbing them and only injure them [though they may well have wanted to kill them].
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

pov603 wrote:Regarding the UK homicide rate you do have to factor in the severity of sentences handed down to people caught in possession of a firearm.
Consequently knife crime has increased substantially but the dynamics remain the same ie Party 'A' wants to cause harm to Party 'B', but instead of being able to shoot him/her and probably kill them, they now resort to stabbing them and only injure them [though they may well have wanted to kill them].

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... olice.html
pov603

Unread post by pov603 »

That's an interesting article brianv, especially as I hail from B'ham originally.
I liked the bit at the end with the Police withdrawing/removing 200 CCTV from 'muslim' areas as they were allegedly put there to spy on residents rather than combat traffic crime.
So according to that logic, if those in non-muslim areas prodded around a bit, found that CCTV was being used not for the supposed purpose intended, it would be removed? Yeah right.
So, if you have the misfortune to have a car misfire whilst driving, you can expect to have a team of armed police on your arse within minutes?
How will that work and where will the resources come from?
Sounds like WM Police have had a few 'jollies' over Stateside, viewing these monitors in action and persuading the hard-pressed local councils [and poll-tax payers] to cough up for something which they say they are tackling anyhow and have reduced significantly?
Smoke and mirrors, thankfully I am no longer paying taxes to that crow-n.
SmokingGunII

Unread post by SmokingGunII »

Thanks for joining the thread, SmokingGun. Welcome! I see your point, but at the same time, we've seen how people tell little white lies to make life more interesting, or to gain attention. Another poster mentioned a former co-worker in NYC who puffed his chest out proudly, declaring "I saw the second plane hit." In small towns we must also bear in mind that several local people are insiders to the psyop (Finland, Dunblane), or may know the insiders (yet be unaware themselves), so we don't know who we can trust. Hearsay isn't really credible.
First. I worked with this woman for 17 years - so she wasn't an "insider of the psyop". I asked a direct question, which she answered. Of course, hearsay is not evidence, but it helps evaluate the event. As I said, it doen't mean it wasn't a pysop, but Ryan was well known in the town.

I think the lack of photos on the internet would be due to the year of the event - before news was published online? I guess the only way to find out if there were more published at the time, would be to visit newspaper archive site. I can't recall from memory if there were many photos of him around, but I do seem to remember coloured versions, with the same hat on!

Anyway, good luck with your research.
Euphoria

Jack Williams and Ron Tarry Hungerford mayors - perps?

SmokingGunII wrote:
Thanks for joining the thread, SmokingGun. Welcome! I see your point, but at the same time, we've seen how people tell little white lies to make life more interesting, or to gain attention. Another poster mentioned a former co-worker in NYC who puffed his chest out proudly, declaring "I saw the second plane hit." In small towns we must also bear in mind that several local people are insiders to the psyop (Finland, Dunblane), or may know the insiders (yet be unaware themselves), so we don't know who we can trust. Hearsay isn't really credible.
First. I worked with this woman for 17 years - so she wasn't an "insider of the psyop". I asked a direct question, which she answered. Of course, hearsay is not evidence, but it helps evaluate the event. As I said, it doen't mean it wasn't a pysop, but Ryan was well known in the town.

I think the lack of photos on the internet would be due to the year of the event - before news was published online? I guess the only way to find out if there were more published at the time, would be to visit newspaper archive site. I can't recall from memory if there were many photos of him around, but I do seem to remember coloured versions, with the same hat on!

Anyway, good luck with your research.
Your contribution is genuinely appreciated SmokingGun! I'm not claiming to know exactly how these psyops are carried out, so I don't mean to come across as a Know-It-All. It may be the case that different methods have been applied in earlier operations. Maybe Ryan was a real man? Maybe he lives under a new identity now? I think that with lower-tech psyops, stretching back further in time, fewer glaring mistakes are made. There was no new gadgetry to get carried away with.

Anyway I found another interesting article here:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/jun/1 ... chael-ryan

When Williams was mayor in 1990, he was phoned in the middle of night by the mayor of Aramoana, New Zealand, after a gunman killed 13 people there. "He wanted to talk and talk and talk about it," Williams says. "It will always trigger things if you get a multiple killing, especially if it occurs somewhere where there's a small community."

...Shortly after the shootings, Tarry and his wife Beryl went to six funerals in one day. They were left most upset by the service for Sandra Hill, who was 22 and had only been in Hungerford to visit old school friends for the day.

...The telephone system in the town collapsed (where have we heard that before?) and the police operation was chaotic, but television news carried live pictures from helicopters.

Ron Tarry also had his turn as Mayor of Hungerford! But checking back, it seems he was serving as Mayor on the day of the supposed shooting. Check here:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-storie ... -22307994/

"The council will need to open a bank account because people will send money. More than £1.2million was sent to us."

Quite a money spinner...
Last edited by Euphoria on Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Mr. McGillicuddy

Unread post by Mr. McGillicuddy »

A school photo of Ryan was published The Hungerford Massacre by Jeremy Josephs. I will find the book and upload the pictures.
Image Victor Gibbs, who was shot by Ryan while trying to protect his wheelchair-bound wife.
Image PC Roger Brereton's Vauxhall police car.
For PC Brereton, that warning came too late. In what was undoubtedly the most savage of all the Hungerford killings, Ryan raked the police car with two dozen bullets, from both the Kalashnikov rifle and the Beretta pistol. As they peppered the car, one hit the policeman’s neck, fatally wounding him. In total he had been shot four times. Slumped over the passenger seat of the car, but still clutching his two-way radio, he managed to pass on one last message: ‘Ten-nine, ten-nine, ten-nine. I’ve been shot.’
Image Douglas Wainwright dead in his Datsun.
Lisa Mildenhall, the youngest person to be shot by Ran, can be found on FB: Image
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

Mr. McGillicuddy wrote:A school photo of Ryan was published The Hungerford Massacre by Jeremy Josephs. I will find the book and upload the pictures.
Image Victor Gibbs, who was shot by Ryan while trying to protect his wheelchair-bound wife.
Image PC Roger Brereton's Vauxhall police car.
For PC Brereton, that warning came too late. In what was undoubtedly the most savage of all the Hungerford killings, Ryan raked the police car with two dozen bullets, from both the Kalashnikov rifle and the Beretta pistol. As they peppered the car, one hit the policeman’s neck, fatally wounding him. In total he had been shot four times. Slumped over the passenger seat of the car, but still clutching his two-way radio, he managed to pass on one last message: ‘Ten-nine, ten-nine, ten-nine. I’ve been shot.’
Image Douglas Wainwright dead in his Datsun.
Lisa Mildenhall, the youngest person to be shot by Ran, can be found on FB: Image
McG, anyone who fails to introduce themselves as required might immediately fall under the suspicion of being a shill or troll. Please do so! And might I ask, exactly HOW you found your way here?
Mr. McGillicuddy

Unread post by Mr. McGillicuddy »

Apologies, I didn't realise. I'm Alex, a student from London. Found my way here through the September Clues videos, which I love. Always read the forum, never really have much to contribute, until today!
Euphoria

Mr. McGillicuddy wrote:Apologies, I didn't realise. I'm Alex, a student from London. Found my way here through the September Clues videos, which I love. Always read the forum, never really have much to contribute, until today!
Thanks for the images. I haven't seen those before. However, these pictures could easily have been staged/faked. I will be looking back over old newspaper clippings when I have a subscription set up with the appropriate archive - and will see what else I can come up with.

Bear in mind we have already identified three former or current Hungerford mayors who were 'perps' in this psyop, so their extended families fall under suspicion too.

I'm struck by how few actual eyewitnesses have spoken on camera about the alleged attack.