Introducing the TYCHOS

Simon Shack's (Tycho Brahe-inspired) geoaxial binary system. Discuss the book and website for the most accurate configuration of our solar system ever devised - which soundly puts to rest the geometrically impossible Copernican-Keplerian model.
simonshack
Administrator

Re: Introducing the TYCHOS

Unread post by simonshack » Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:01 pm

Peaker wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:43 pm
I guess what is baffling to me is when you say that the movement all takes place in the last four minutes. I can’t see that . . . I see the star moving incrementally over the whole 24 hr period. Do Copernicans say that the movement takes place in the last four minutes of the day? Is there another way of you putting this?

On a practical level I’ve another question. How are these observations taking place when the stars are not visible throughout the day when the Sun is at its zenith?
Dear Peaker,

I can certainly appreciate your "bafflehood" - as it took me a long, long time to wrap my head around this spiny yet fundamental sidereal-vs-solar day issue ! :wacko:

No, Copernicans don't say that. They say that, at the completion of a sidereal DAY (23h56min) a given star will return to the same RA position it had "one year earlier" - whereas the Sun has then moved "to the left"(Eastwards) by about 4minutes - which is, of course, precisely what is observed. Hence, they say that 4 more minutes are needed for the earthly observer to line up again with the Sun (the solar DAY - 24h). In this short 4-min period, BOTH the star and the Sun are in fact observed to move by ca. 4 minutes "to the right" (Westwards).

But there's a problem with this - a HUGE problem (that is, under the Copernican paradigm) - and I now realize that this whole issue can be better explained as follows. Dear Peaker, I would like you to perform the following simple experiment - based on this three-frame animation that I posted yesterday:

1: Hold up your index finger in front of your eyes and call it "the SUN". Your head / cranium will be "EARTH", ok?

2: Choose a distant tree in your neighborhood and call it "a distant STAR".

3: Place your index finger slightly to the right of the tree (just as in the above animation showing the Sun slightly to the right of that reference star).

4: Now, hold your finger steady and move your head sideways (from left to right) so as to enact/simulate Earth's supposed daily (left-to-right) 2.5-million-km displacement due to its alleged counter-clockwise (and hypersonic) orbital motion around the Sun (as of Copernican heliocentric theory). You will see your finger moving CLOSER to the tree. So far so good : this is what is indeed observed.

5: Next, slowly ROTATE your head ever-so-slightly to the left (so as to enact/simulate those 4 minutes of Earth's rotation separating the sidereal day from the solar day ). Uh oh !... You will see your (immobile) finger moving again FURTHER AWAY from the tree - as if the Sun now receded from our reference star.

Well, this is certainly NOT what is observed ! What is observed during those crucial 4 minutes (as shown in my above animation I made using screenshots of the NEAVE Planetarium) is that BOTH the Sun and the reference star drift to the right (or "Westwards") at a pretty much equal rate. The Sun does NOT recede from the reference star in those 4minutes - since it continues to move Eastwards (at its constant orbital speed of 107,226 km/h) - just as propounded by the TYCHOS model.

PS: As for your question regarding "daylight observations of stars"(which are extremely hard yet not impossible), please understand that we may reasonably trust the stars' daytime celestial positions as simulated by the various online digital planetariums.

Peaker

Unread post by Peaker » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:17 pm

Thankyou for this reply, Simon

And I am grateful to this forum, it is a great resource.

When I first picked up the Tychos I wasn''t expecting much, to be honest. I came to it in an odd way. I'll try not to bore you.

While listening to an E. Michael Jones interview some months back I experienced some Cognitive Dissonance when, for seven whole minutes, he went on about Geocentrism. There was a ringing in my ears and I stumbled to the computer to see what Google had to say. Only two results came up. The Tychos and Robert Sungenis 'Fool on the Hill' documentary. So I bought both right there and thought that would settle it. By the time The Tychos arrived I had watched the Sungenis film at least four times and had worked out that the Copernicans were not on all-that-solid a ground but figured I'd probably never really know the truth of it and was preparing to move on. Yes, I even regretted my rushed purchase of The Tychos! Old age can make you crabby and pennypinching, I admit it!

So, long story short, I'm in shock and intend to read The Tychos as many times as I need to to grasp each topic.

Looking forward to the second edition.

Garry

Peaker

Unread post by Peaker » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:46 pm

Dear Simon,

I was watching Antiques Roadshow last night when the objects displayed were two beautiful brass sundials from early 20th Century, these instruments surprised me in their complexity, I did not know anything about modern sundials whatsoever. The owner was from British Sundial Society(?). He carefully explained that they weren’t accurate and could be as much as 15 minutes fast or slow.

Now, having just reread the chapt. 26 you can imagine what I was thinking!

This is an excellent teaching tool for the ‘Equation of Time’, no? On an audio interview with you, Simon, you said something about the Analemma being key to your first doubts re the Copernican System, I’m paraphrasing pls correct me if I’m wrong. In my mind I can see the time-lapse photo of the Analemma over Athens, complete with ruins for Earthly perspective and here, in the shot are these two brass sundials with their moving shadows for each shot of the Sun.

This ‘down to Earth’ demonstration of the Tychos might be a good starting point for newbies.

Regards,