1960 Brooklyn Airplane Collision

Anything on the news and elsewhere in the media with evidence of digital manipulation, bogus story-lines and propaganda
fbenario

1960 Brooklyn Airplane Collision

Unread post by fbenario »

I thought it might be helpful/instructive to take a look at pictures of an old 'plane crash', to try to determine whether media faked images of plane crashes 50 years ago. Some of these pictures look to me like real photos of a real event, and some don't, but I'm nowhere near as good as the rest of you at photo analysis.

Are these believable images, or not?
1960 plane collision over NYC

Fifty years ago, two commercial airliners collided one mile above New York City, raining down destruction on a busy Brooklyn neighborhood. Victims' remains bloodied the snow after one jet hit the street at 200 mph, killing everyone aboard and six people on the ground.

The Dec. 16, 1960, crash of a United jet and a TWA propeller plane was the worst aviation disaster to date, killing 134 people, including 128 people on both planes. In its wake it left a legacy of improved air safety; it was first crash in which investigators made extensive use of so-called black boxes and it spurred a revamping of the air traffic control system to prevent future tragedies.

Photos of the crash show the broken United Air Lines DC-8 resting on Seventh Avenue, the main commercial strip of Brooklyn's Park Slope neighborhood. At least 10 buildings were destroyed including a funeral home, a laundry and the Pillar of Fire Church. The dead included a garbage collector and two men selling Christmas trees.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101215/ap_ ... nniversary
Image Image Image Image Image Image
hoi.polloi

Re: 1960 Brooklyn Airplane Collision

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

These all look pretty funky.

Reading the pictures in order from left to right, I'd say picture number 2 looks like a drawing and picture 4 looks like it has cloning going on. There was seriously nothing else to photograph but the tail? Another underwhelmingly documented enormous disaster.

Now this was - let's see - pretty near the advent of JFK, no? It seems a lot of outright fakery started in the 40s after the creation of the CIA and Air Force intelligence. Could be fake. Why not? Is there better evidence than these six shots?
corsarino

Re: 1960 Brooklyn Airplane Collision

Unread post by corsarino »

It remembers to me Helios Airways Flight 522, aka the Ghost Plane.

Photos are similar.