Mariouma Fekry and The Alexandria Bombing

Anything on the news and elsewhere in the media with evidence of digital manipulation, bogus story-lines and propaganda
simonshack
Administrator

Re: Mariouma Fekry and The Alexandria Bombing

Unread post by simonshack »

regex wrote:
You could employ someone to make up such an facebook account, but what for? 3 years? Just for this moment? Noone would do that.
Regex,

You are kindly requested to introduce yourself here : http://cluesforum.info/viewtopic.php?f= ... 1&start=60

Your posts so far (on various topics in this forum) have provided little in the matter of substance and a lot in the shape of skepticism on a series of issues. The latter is not a 'sin' in itself - by all means - but it seems you have a lot to catch up concerning our wide-spanning research covering numerous outrageous media deceptions. In the process we have - at the very least - exposed the formidable extent of efforts sustained to implement all kinds of insane skullduggery to fool the public. For you to say that "noone would do that" (referring to legitimate suspicions of Facebook fakeries) suggests that you are either naive or just unfit as a contributor to this board. I am no Facebook expert and don't even have an account there; but as a longtime Youtube user I can tell you that YT is literally infested with empty accounts created as far back as 2006 which, "magically", spring to sudden life and activity with denigratory/insulting comments at September Clues and my other videos. Am I to believe all these YT entities are 'real' - and just happened to do NOTHING on their channel for up to 4 years before bumping into my work and typing their very first YT comment? Get real, Regex - for this is a basic requirement we must implement on this forum.

But back to Miss "Mariam Fekry" - or whatever her name is... Let's see, a simple Facebook-search yields these results:

"Mariouma Fekry": ONE profile - page deleted today (just coincidentally, of course, the day after nonhocapito started this topic...)
"Mariam Fekry": SEVEN profiles (incl. two variants: "Mariam Fekry AwadAllah" and "Mariam Zayed Fekry"). Mostly empty and phony-looking.
"Mariam Fikry": TEN profiles (incl. two variants:"Mariam Mohamed Fikry" and "Mariam Farouk Fikry"). Mostly empty and phony-looking. Yet, lo and behold, one of them features our very Mariam's picture! :blink: It so appears that Mariam had two Facebook accounts, one with a different spelling of her surname. Nothing strange with all this I suppose, dear Regex?
nonhocapito

Unread post by nonhocapito »

regex wrote:let's suppose someone really has access to the facebook accounts and could change them however he wants to.
Then immediately the question comes to my mind, how they prepared a whole idendity for about 3 years.
lol, cut a little slack to your mind, regex, let it be more flexible. you read that a post is 3 years old so it must be 3 years old?

Don't you think an account created from scratch would come with the desired timeline required by the job? Fake dates?
What if this intimidating 3 years old load of facebook posts was in fact generated by software in approximately 10 seconds? Maybe reviewed by a paid monkey in approximately half an hour?

Lastly, if your IT-expert mind really can't swallow this, why be so sure that a mock-victim, a fake-identity isn't prepared years in advance? For all we know, there might be dozens of machines out there generating as I write fake online identities and keeping them active and connected to each other for lengths of time, just in case they turn out to be useful in this or that scenario.
nonhocapito

...here's another FB homage profile which offers some of the same photos of the original "Mariouma" profile, plus more weird, creepy stuff (all meant to characterize Copt Christians as a big joke, IMO).

Also featured is this actress:
who showed up crying on basically every newsmedia in the world.
The crying woman of Egypt.
What a woman. She looks bruised and battered by the event, which happened at night, and she still is when these photos are taken, obviously in daylight.
jaytotale

Unread post by jaytotale »

.h:
Last edited by jaytotale on Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nonhocapito

Yeah this picture.

Apparently this ugly joke represents one of the victims, whose head survived the blast and was so reconstructed and who is thought to be the suicidal bomber. His skin is brown, after all.

Original page and translated page.

Of course this is the kind of thing you post on a memorial page. Or a news website for that matter.
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

That head belongs in La Specola in Florence with the medieval wax head reconstructions. Actually, I don't think it would pass the grade if it was physically real. Yipe.
Maat

Unread post by Maat »

Great work, guys! This Fekry & Co Facebook fakery really is beyond a joke & absolute bullshit.

The first 'sign' always for me is whenever an allegedly deceased person's accounts are immediately accessed and edited by a supposedly bereaved family member. Who ever does that in real life? – how many would know or care what meaningless online accounts their loved one had anyway, or know their password(s) if they did. Friends posting tributes to a real person recently passed is one thing, but close family preoccupied with their own and relatives' grief, funeral arrangements etc.? Not bloody likely!

Just for some real life perspective/comparison, you may find this of interest re human behavior.
From past experience as admin on a socially interactive poetry/writing site, we regularly had members try to fake their own deaths on site for attention and the inevitable emotional reaction, poetic tributes etc. they'd get from friends. A typical pattern, and instant give-away to us, would be the person changing their author page bio to a death announcement claiming to be a relative of the "deceased" member. They would often proceed to contact friends and interact as the "relative's" persona exhibiting an uncanny familiarity with the site's sophisticated functions. Our site rules prohibited any death notices posted about a member without first contacting admin and providing full confirmation details for us to verify, i.e. published obituary notice, funeral home, family contact etc.

Needless to say, the legitimate deaths never had any relative log into a deceased site member's account. Usually, a fellow site member friend would contact admin with confirmation &/or contact details for family of the deceased. Once verified their page would be admin-edited accordingly and a tribute notice added to our site's official members' memorial page with links to their author & poetry pages.

Funny that Fekry name appears to be pretty common in the Middle East, Egypt especially, so if they wanted an Egyptian equivalent to 'Smith' why not a pun to boot, eh. Feck fakery.
Some rather interesting professions with that name too <_< :
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/dir/Ahmed/Fekry
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/dir/+/Fekry/+/
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

Personally, if I were a woman, [.....], I wouldn't be caught dead wearing that jacket! Camouflage again! Remember the fake "anniversary" crap!

Now if I was a real woman I'd do something about my UV mapped skin tones from the latest GameVision First Player Computer Murder Game styled some smart-ass pseudo-militiaristic title - "TotalAnnhialation" from the comfort of your own living-room or some shit like that!

Yes! I mean NO, I don't think she's real! Any footage?

Nice backdop!
fred
Banned

Unread post by fred »

Every day there are dozens of murders, and yet the newspapers never seem to post pictures of screaming relatives sobbing on public streets.

Why not?

Here's something you can try at home. Go stand in front of a funeral parlor or hospital and see how many similar scenes you see of people crying inconsolably in public. It's sort of a weird thing to do.

People may break down sobbing when they receive the horrible news, or at the funeral, but it's kind of odd to get all dressed up (in camouflage, no less, BrianV) and then go break down sobbing in a public place in front of a bunch of photographers and TV cameras. If real people were that verklempt you would expect their relatives to be lending a shoulder to cry on instead of letting grandma become tabloid fodder.

I cast my 2 cents into the "Psyop Actress" bucket.

How did this photograph come into being, anyway [pretending for a moment that it's not staged]? The news desk tells the photographer to go hang out in front of a church and see if any of the bereaved relatives burst into tears so that they can sell the rights to the international media?
regex
Banned

Unread post by regex »

nonhocapito wrote:
regex wrote:let's suppose someone really has access to the facebook accounts and could change them however he wants to.
Then immediately the question comes to my mind, how they prepared a whole idendity for about 3 years.
lol, cut a little slack to your mind, regex, let it be more flexible. you read that a post is 3 years old so it must be 3 years old?

Don't you think an account created from scratch would come with the desired timeline required by the job? Fake dates?
What if this intimidating 3 years old load of facebook posts was in fact generated by software in approximately 10 seconds? Maybe reviewed by a paid monkey in approximately half an hour?

Lastly, if your IT-expert mind really can't swallow this, why be so sure that a mock-victim, a fake-identity isn't prepared years in advance? For all we know, there might be dozens of machines out there generating as I write fake online identities and keeping them active and connected to each other for lengths of time, just in case they turn out to be useful in this or that scenario.
Well, I have never said that I think that the posts HAVE to be 3 years old. All I said was following:
They either generated the whole facebook content and faked the dates or someone used the account for 3 years to make up her identity.

But still I can't think of any possible way to generate such a, well how should I call it, large scaled content. She did not only post on her own wall but she was playing those facebook apps, answered to other wall entries, "liked" things and so on. How would any algorythm in this world be able to simulate written human language? But more interesting, how would any algorythm play these facebook apps? You'd need a certain script for each of the games she played.

There are no papers of any softwareteam that mentions to be close to simulate human language or anything like that. Why? Because human language is a big mess and includes feelings or other things like sarcasm. No "semantic-web-like" datastructure in the world is able to deal with that at the moment.

And well, to be able to prepare such content you'd need the algorythm I mentioned above.

But you're of course welcome to proove me wrong.

@ simon:

I've answered your previous post in the Introcudtionthread since I don't want to hijack this thread with personal matters and I think it belongs to the other thread.
nonhocapito

regex wrote:But still I can't think of any possible way to generate such a, well how should I call it, large scaled content. She did not only post on her own wall but she was playing those facebook apps, answered to other wall entries, "liked" things and so on. How would any algorythm in this world be able to simulate written human language? But more interesting, how would any algorythm play these facebook apps? You'd need a certain script for each of the games she played.

There are no papers of any softwareteam that mentions to be close to simulate human language or anything like that. Why? Because human language is a big mess and includes feelings or other things like sarcasm. No "semantic-web-like" datastructure in the world is able to deal with that at the moment.

And well, to be able to prepare such content you'd need the algorythm I mentioned above.

But you're of course welcome to proove me wrong.
I cannot prove you anything, regex. It's up to you to make your own mind.

But really. You gotta be kidding. Human language might be a big mess if you think of real people like those that write on this forum, sure. But are you in any way familiar with the 9/11 memorials, such as those that can be read at legacy.com, wall of americans and elsewhere? Does that language sounds to you that "big" at all?

Do you know at all the unidimensional, stereotypical, meaningless, conformist sort of language used in that context? Do you recognize the pretend-feelings, the pretend-casualness, the pretend-misspellings, the pretend-shortcuts?

That FB account now disappeared had just the same mechanical flavor of pretend-communication as the 9/11 memorials. Here's a few random lines:
thx ya micheal 4 ur wish :)

koysaaa.. what about youuu ?? hope 2 c u soon :)

‎"Its when we stop fighting 4 each other, that's when we loose our humanity".....a gr8 film

when u feel that u r wanted, cared about and loved from a friend, a lover, a brother or a sister.....that makes life worthwile

I can't understand it.....whenever i'm wth ppl i want 2 b alone & don wanna talk.....and whenever i'm alone i search 4 some1 2 talk 2 :S:S

WE MAKE OUR LIVE......be sure that u do everyday something enjoyable even
if its so small, so that it makes u feel that u r truely LIVING. :)
Not exactly hard to fake.

Do you really think that those who can fake pictures, videos, media reports, death of people, funerals, the existence of entire branch of offices or companies (etc etc) would stop short when it comes to fake a few trivial social messages on the internet? And why should they? What if "they" made Facebook so important, so that everyone would trust a platform they completely own and handle?

Right now I believe you are legit (say, not an agent provocateur) exactly because I read in your words a common mistake we all do which is to refuse to mistrust the very context we are more familiar with. Because you said you work in IT, I understand it is hard for you to believe that the rules of your world are corrupted too. That certain agencies or the military own your world too, just like they own the hackers' world, for instance.
I know journalists will be the last ones to admit the existence of fake news. Musicians to admit rock-stars where "made" from above. Etcetera.
regex
Banned

Unread post by regex »

@nonhocapito:

Well yea, you can't proove anything and it's of course not a shame. Still, I've been reading through the cluesforum for a while now and I found many threads in which people mention some speculations and the answer was like: "Proove it or shut it!"

I like that behaviour since I love it to argue in a scientific manner. But you wanted me to imagine a software that calculated the content of her facebook account within 10 seconds. That's pure speculation in my view. Don't get me wrong, I'm not here to offend anyone nor am I an provocateur, I just want to filter the facts and the prooven evidence.

I am btw familier with the 9/11 memorials. To be honest I haven't checked them myself by now, but as far as I haven seen they are a bit different as the facebook account of Mariouma.
The content in the memorials are kinda simple and often use the same phrases or same vocabular.

I've read or heard the phrase "he/she was like an angel" for about a thousand times now, and this is strange indeed.

But the facebook account is different again:
In the 9/11 memorials you don't get a clue how a person was, how he/she lived or whatever. In this speific fb account you get a whole picture of one single person. A huge mass of contend, for just one single victim.

And yea, you quoted her fb account and these sentences might look simple, for a human, but not for some sort of software. Facebook btw is actually made for such low and simple smalltalk. I know many people that write things like her.

Do you really think that those who can fake pictures, videos, media reports, death of people, funerals, the existence of entire branch of offices or companies (etc etc) would stop short when it comes to fake a few trivial social messages on the internet? And why should they? What if "they" made Facebook so important, so that everyone would trust a platform they completely own and handle?
I'm sure they wouldn't stop. But as far as I'm concerned with the technical background it's still easier to fake pictures and videos.
I understand it is hard for you to believe that the rules of your world are corrupted too. That certain agencies or the military own your world too, just like they own the hackers' world, for instance.
I know journalists will be the last ones to admit the existence of fake news. Musicians to admit rock-stars where "made" from above. Etcetera.
I think I'm pretty aware of the fact that many governments rule my world. The hackers' world though isn't really that much corrupted because most of the, lets call them, real hackers started back in the early 80s or even earlier. Hacking groups, even the CCC, follow simple rules and the roots of their early beginning. But this is getting too offtopic I see.
nonhocapito

regex wrote:I'm sure they wouldn't stop. But as far as I'm concerned with the technical background it's still easier to fake pictures and videos
Language is harder to fake than pictures and video? How do you come out with this? Yea maybe Dante's language.
Of course there are many people that write like "her". The points is that it takes nothing to imitate that language. Software to generate human sentences in real time has been around for a long time now, so I'm guessing it is possible to cook a few trivial sentences of a pretend-human being by now. And mind you I didn't even say that I know this is how it happened (generated by computer and reviewed by an agent): It is just possible. Maybe it happened some other way, the stuff was written down by two agents in 15 minutes. Who cares? It can't be proved at this stage.As far as I am concerned, it is enough to know that it is possible to fake any amount of data, and that we cannot simply trust a website for it.
But I see you need to understand a lot of things yet. Your remark about hackers is beyond logic, the fact that they started in the '80s is supposed to give them credit? Why, because in the '80s the world of communication was uncorrupted, and all those hackers didn't end up working for corporations and military establishments in the meantime? Remember "War Games"?
Maat

Unread post by Maat »

nonhocapito wrote: As far as I am concerned, it is enough to know that it is possible to fake any amount of data, and that we cannot simply trust a website for it.
Yep, all it takes is access and — with the means, motive & opportunity — the perps can create anything they want anywhere in any way they choose.
As the late George Carlin aptly put it, "The people who are in charge do what they want and they will always do what they want, power does what it wants to.."

Facebook – the CIA conspiracy by Matt Greenop
Global Research, March 12, 2009
The New Zealand Herald - 8-8-2007
nonhocapito

Article from The Guardian reinforcing the myth of the Fekry sisters. Yes there is "Martina" who died too, but she isn't as photogenic apparently, no pictures of her. But once again: no other victim is ever named, too much work to invent these sims after all.
Mariam's Facebook message is poignant in its simple confidence in the future. But for her and for her sister, Martina, as well as for the other innocent victims massacred in the senseless blast against the church in Alexandria, there will be no 2011.
No doubt all the signs of propaganda vs. journalism are more apparent in the pictures of this sordid fake story.

Like, of course anyone can go on a crime scene and smudge "blood" splattered on a church fresco. (And with what's that? a plane ticket? to remind us that planes crash against buildings, perhaps?)