You can now embed youtube videos in the forum pages

How to register at Cluesforum / General administrative topics / and things that every member must read

You can now embed youtube videos in the forum pages

Postby nonhocapito on Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:15 pm

I suddenly realized that we can create custom bb tags, and it is a pretty simple thing to do.

So for starters I created a "Youtube" tag to embed videos, all you have to do is to insert the video ID between the [Youtube] tags. B)

If you have suggestions as to what other bb tags we could have along these lines, let me know. They might be easy to implement :)
nonhocapito
Administrator
 
Posts: 2554
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:38 am
Location: Italy

Re: You can now embed youtube videos in the forum pages

Postby simonshack on Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:26 pm

*

Youre da man, Nonho ! :) :wub:

My first Youtube 'embedding' - celebrates the end of a tumultuous 'love affair' ... :P
http://www.cluesforum.info/viewtopic.ph ... 9#p2355509
simonshack
Administrator
 
Posts: 6612
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:09 pm
Location: italy

Re: You can now embed youtube videos in the forum pages

Postby brianv on Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:42 pm

nonhocapito wrote:I suddenly realized that we can create custom bb tags, and it is a pretty simple thing to do.

So for starters I created a "Youtube" tag to embed videos, all you have to do is to insert the video ID between the [Youtube] tags. B)

If you have suggestions as to what other bb tags we could have along these lines, let me know. They might be easy to implement :)


Easy on the videos guys, they can be used to distract... like a 2 hour david icke illuminati child eating load of nonsense! I know Simon won't be keen but I wouldn't mind having PM's.
brianv
Member
 
Posts: 3959
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:19 pm

Re: You can now embed youtube videos in the forum pages

Postby nonhocapito on Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:19 pm

brianv wrote:Easy on the videos guys, they can be used to distract... like a 2 hour david icke illuminati child eating load of nonsense!


Possibly, but we can always be vigilant and discourage the posting of irrelevant misleading material. On the other hand, one has not to leave the forum page to watch and comment a video anymore, and this can spare us some time and waste less of our attention.
nonhocapito
Administrator
 
Posts: 2554
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:38 am
Location: Italy

Re: You can now embed youtube videos in the forum pages

Postby brianv on Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:25 pm

nonhocapito wrote:
brianv wrote:Easy on the videos guys, they can be used to distract... like a 2 hour david icke illuminati child eating load of nonsense!


Possibly, but we can always be vigilant and discourage the posting of irrelevant misleading material. On the other hand, one has not to leave the forum page to watch and comment a video anymore, and this can spare us some time and waste less of our attention.


Indeed.
brianv
Member
 
Posts: 3959
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:19 pm

Re: You can now embed youtube videos in the forum pages

Postby Equinox on Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:52 am

No/ho/cap...

can you please give me a 101... (embedding for dummies) on how 2 do this. I have an awsome post 2 go into 9/11 art thread ... in regards 2 this video.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpraK8Z9SK8 it does not work... what am I doing wrong ?

********************************************************


full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpraK8Z9SK8

Done! (Please open this post in 'edit' mode and learn how it's done) ;)
regards
simon
Equinox
Banned
 
Posts: 549
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:45 am

Re: You can now embed youtube videos in the forum pages

Postby Equinox on Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:37 am

Thank- you I posted it up... here...http://www.cluesforum.info/viewtopic.ph ... 2&start=75
Equinox
Banned
 
Posts: 549
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:45 am


Return to HOW TO REGISTER at CLUESFORUM - and other tips

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest