The Age of Media Fakery: Threshold of the Simulation

Questions, speculations & updates on the techniques and nature of media fakery
hoi.polloi

Re: The Age of Media Fakery: Threshold of the Simulation

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

I don't know, but the civil rights movement is part of a centuries- (millenia-?) old human tradition of fighting for advances in dignity. We may happily join it in the hopes that some good will ultimately come out of our struggle.

Strangely, our struggle is unlike previous struggles that depended on rudeness and vitriol for attention. Although we can be sarcastic, we aren't exactly burning effigies in the streets. We are almost de-escalators ... helping law and order rather than trying to overthrow it. It is also our weakness, even while it is kind of a strength. We also don't have those marvelous speakers like Gandhi and King to grab people's attention. You'd think cops and criminal investigators would be with us but apparently they have some inherent need for chaos that they think preserves the order they are allegedly protecting. It is really a conundrum.
grav

Unread post by grav »

Not sure if we have a general cgi software thread, but I found this video pretty interesting. This rendering technology has been talked about for awhile now, but hasn't really hit commercial development yet. I've seen other impressive real-time graphics demos as well that use super high detail for things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00gAbgBu8R4

New state of the art real-time rendering techniques being developed by a company called Euclideon http://www.euclideon.com/

Basically, the gist of this type of rendering, is that you can have unlimited detail. Instead of being limited by polygon counts, the rendering uses "atom particles" that make up the entire environment. So the ground can actually be millions of grains of dirt, individual blades of grass, etc. They also mention scanning in objects and having them perfectly represented which they claim to have done with the rocks in the scene. I don't think it's too much of a stretch of the imagination "scan" in an entire city.

Nor is it too much of a stretch to imagine scanning in the physical material properties for each object, so as to have realistic behaviors/sounds of wood/metal/cloth, etc. as it reacts against forces in the environment. I've seen a few tech demos of this years ago, actually, where you could drop so many "particles" into the environment and tell the simulator what kind of density/viscosity it was made up of, and then throw it around the environment and watch it react accordingly.

All of this tech is available today in separate bits and pieces all over the world, but as far as I know we've never seen it all combined into the mega ultra simulation software...

Any theories on why an independent group hasn't put this together already? My guess is simply time and resources... And whichever team actually did manage to get in the ground floor of this was bought out by the military, etc.

Software engineering tech seems to trickle down from university level anyways, which means it is controlled.

Just my rambling on the subject. I went to grad school for computer graphics, worked closely with a few programmers focused on cutting edge rendering techniques, and have been working in the field as an environment modeler for a couple years now, so I find this subject very interesting even without the Media psyops applications...
Unleashed

Unread post by Unleashed »

Terence.drew wrote:Great topic and very informed and insightful posts on all sides. I think Dcopymore's point about technology is very very important and the most pressing. Previous generations didn't have to deal with this entity which envelopes us every minute of every day and has direct access to our subconscious. http://subliminalmanipulation.blogspot. ... sages.html There are many good things about technology, but people are so mesmerized and entranced by it's lure, that the nefarious out there must pinch themselves sometimes at how easy the bait is swallowed.
We are dealing with people who are clever but not wise; who have something with potential but use it for their own ends. The "girl by the whirlpool looking for a new fool" from the Bob Dylan song.
These people despise talent more than anything else on earth. Talent is invisible, non material and beautiful, and comes from somewhere near the human heart and is there waiting in everyone, which is a very painful thing for materialists to be reminded of.
So here is a reminder :unsure:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z19zFlPah-o%20Ha
I love when I see something like this and I feel moved and uplifted (24 million views! Stick that in your harry potter pipe and schmoke it!) The biggest aim of the use of technology IMO is to distract people, esp. young people, away from their talents and creative sides, or give them the illusion they are talented at something i.e. killing people online, when really all that has happened is they have been handed an off-the-shelf lifestyle and told to conform to it (many young people use and master technology for creative ends which is brilliant and fair play)
Sorry for rambling.
Whatever about future happenings, 911 is a brilliant ready made example of 'the simulation'. It's now there for everyone. Find it. Understand it. Switch it off in your own life. Inform anyone else who is interested. Work with some other people on growing food and drinking and following your creative and instinctive side. If you come up with a good idea do not patent it - this is the ruination of the nation. Let it out there for others to copy and use. Tell your local bank, restaurant or bar that you will stop using their services if they insist on blaring skynews at you when you walk in.
Read 'How to be Idle' and 'How to be free' by Tom Hodgkinson.http://www.amazon.co.uk/How-be-Free-Tom ... 0241143217
I'm so glad this was bumped. This is exactly the kind of examinations I have been struggling with for quite awhile now. Your post is a good platform for my thinking. It is not as though TV or computers or movies are made for our entertainment. The money and motivations behind it could not care any less about in a sense.

TV is to provide programming, literally. To shape the minds of a growing population.
Computers are to track the populations interests, moods, views and the like. To provide information, but in a way that creates overload. For example the incidence of hypochondria in people because they are able to look up symptoms at their fingertips.
The information overload leads to anxiety. Then people seek out psychiatric drugs which are used to fund commercials before, during and after the news "programming".

Computers tie in to the video games which are yes, used as a proxy for normal activity in the new generations. And a by-product of which is to become used to solitary activities. It puts a layer between real face to face interaction that people once did automatically.
This making it difficult to have normal interactions with people, and the now heightened, and unrealistic expectations that people have of each other due to tv, movies, and computers.

This is just one aspect though of the creation of, THE SYSTEM.
What is this system based upon? What is the glue that holds it together?
It is psuedo religious in nature. The web of Freemasonry that has insinuated itself into the control mechanisms of even the smallest town to the highest ranks of government.
It in turn tells us that it has it's roots in Ancient Israel, and Egypt. It has been in existence under one name or another for thousands of years. If you get right down to the crux of it, the battle is over who has the legitimate right to rule the Earth. Is it God the Creator Iehova, or Lucifer.
The Son of God tells us that Lucifer showed him all the kingdoms of the Earth were in his hand in the sense of displaying his control past, present and future.

The deception we see manifested in the news, and the historical record is just a natural offshoot of who it is that man has either chosen or allowed to rule him by and large. And it isn't God or his Son, despite the sheer number of churches we have, and protestations to the contrary.

It is also why in my opinion that the topics we have dealing with space exploration are faked.
We are not able to live beyond the boundaries set for us. Man has not set foot on the Moon or sent craft to Mars or the outer reaches of the galaxy, because he can't. Yet all governments of the world carry out this deceit because they want you to believe their knowledge is all powerful. They have all the answers. Just as ancient Mayans and Babylonians and Egyptians and Chinese civilizations were intent on tracking the heavens to give their subjects the impression of their godlike powers.

They need for you to believe in and put your faith in their sciences. Isaac Newton is credited with many advances in modern physics. He was also deeply steeped in esoterics and alchemy and the occult powers. He was an Illuminist. His work is not as in stone as people think. Noetic sciences threaten to upend what we know and understand about our world.
Other scientific achievements are by the Illuminists and Masonry, credited to contact made with occult powers for their discoveries. They seek these powers through rituals. These very rituals are played out before us that we discuss on this forum.

Utoya is ritualistic, 9/11, JFK, 7/7, Apollo, etc., these are all a form of incantation and occult magick performed before the entire world.

To me, this is not a hobby, it is a duty to expose to the greatest degree possible the false system and to uphold what is truth.
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

Unleashed wrote: (...)
To me, this is not a hobby, it is a duty to expose to the greatest degree possible the false system and to uphold what is truth.
I agree. :)
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

reel.deal wrote:
full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJDeipvpjGQ

'IRA' footage was from video game, admits ITV

'Human error' to blame for images that claimed to show helicopter being shot down with weapons supplied by Gaddafi

* Tara Conlan and John Plunkett
* guardian.co.uk, Tuesday 27 September 2011 18.02 BST
* Article history

Exposure - Gaddafi and the IRA
ITV's Exposure - Gaddafi and the IRA claimed to show a helicopter being shot down. Photograph: ITV

It was the most dramatic of footage with which to launch ITV1's new current affairs show – pictures of the IRA supposedly shooting down a helicopter with weapons supplied by Muammar Gaddafi.

But the broadcaster on Tuesday admitted that the images used in the first episode of its new ITV1 series Exposure was in fact a sequence from a computer game, Arma 2.

ITV blamed a cock-up rather than a conspiracy for the mistake, which was first spotted by eagle-eyed games fans after the programme was broadcast on ITV on Monday night.

The incident will be seen as a huge embarrassment for ITV, which said it did have actual footage of the incident but the wrong footage was included because of "human error".

An ITV spokesman said: "The events featured in Exposure: Gaddafi and the IRA were genuine but it would appear that during the editing process the correct clip of the 1988 incident was not selected and other footage was mistakenly included in the film by producers.

"This was an unfortunate case of human error for which we apologise."

The first episode of Exposure, which was watched by 1.3 million viewers, examined the relationship between the former Libyan dictator and the IRA.

The shaky camera footage, captioned "IRA film 1988" showed a helicopter being shot down accompanied by a voiceover: "With Gaddafi's heavy machine guns it was possible to shoot down a helicopter as the terrorists' own footage of 1988 shows."

"This was what the security forces feared most," said the voiceover. "It may have been a lucky hit, but for the army and crew once was enough. No one died in this attack."

In fact, no one died because it was footage from a 2009 "tactical shooter" game called Arma 2 set in the fictional east European nation of Chernarus.

ITV removed the programme from its online video-on-demand service, the ITV Player, on Tuesday.

A clip from the game similar to that used by ITV is still on YouTube, captioned "[Provisional] IRA ambush British helicopter. Silverbridge – South Armagh, 23 June 1988."

ITV said the programme would be returned to the ITV Player once it had been re-edited with the correct footage.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/se ... o-game-itv :ph34r:
British Bullshit Corps have a habit of "cock-ups", like how the BBC was able to show their reporter in front of WTC7 saying it had collapsed 20 minutes before it collapsed and how another "cock-up" led to the tapes being misplaced in the vault and thought lost.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mxFRigYD3s
reel.deal
DELETED THEIR OWN POSTS :(

Unread post by reel.deal »

Last edited by reel.deal on Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
reel.deal

Last edited by reel.deal on Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
grav

Unread post by grav »

reel.deal wrote:STRANGEST THING...
OZZYBINOSWALD 9/11 ANALYSIS 'CRITIQUE' ON UK TV LAST NIGHT - 'CHRIS ADDISON - MY FUNNIEST YEAR - 2001'
http://www.channel4.com/programmes/my-f ... od#3243020 @ 01:30:00 >...
:P
???
Any chance someone could frap this and add it to youtube or something? It's "not available in my area", I assume for all US.
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

grav wrote: ???
Any chance someone could frap this and add it to youtube or something? It's "not available in my area", I assume for all US.
Hmm.... It's not available for me either (in Italy). Reel Deal, any chance of uploading this (or part of it) on YT? I'm really curious to see what they've come up with. Is Ozzy really mentioned in the program? :huh:
reel.deal

Last edited by reel.deal on Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
grav

Unread post by grav »

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmzPWK6FVLo

video description:
Abstract: We propose a method to realistically insert synthetic objects into existing photographs without requiring access to the scene or any additional scene measurements. With a single image and a small amount of annotation, our method creates a physical model of the scene that is suitable for realistically rendering synthetic objects with diffuse, specular, and even glowing materials while accounting for lighting interactions between the objects and the scene. We demonstrate in a user study that synthetic images produced by our method are confusable with real scenes, even for people who believe they are good at telling the difference. Further, our study shows that our method is competitive with other insertion methods while requiring less scene information. We also collected new illumination and reflectance datasets; renderings produced by our system compare well to ground truth. Our system has applications in the movie and gaming industry, as well as home decorating and user content creation, among others.
All for harmless entertainment, advertisement, and educational purposes, of course. No need to be a conspiracy theorist and consider or discuss any further implications of this technology.
whatsgoingon

Unread post by whatsgoingon »

a
Last edited by whatsgoingon on Fri May 24, 2013 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
grav

Unread post by grav »

Welcome to Sim-World

LIDAR
Geo-Spatial, Geo-Referenced environment scanning

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwK-KKb1hQE

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsmW6d1vE2M

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBdTeVxnB8k
upstream

Unread post by upstream »

Spotted this in the news today. Thought it would be interesting to the photoshop experts around here.

Is it real or is it Photoshopped? New tool reveals how much a celeb’s image has been altered
Handsomeness notwithstanding, we know George Clooney’s forehead can’t be that smooth. But how wrinkled is it?

And Fergie’s got some figure, but is it as ample as we’ve been led to believe?

Researchers from Dartmouth College are proposing a new software tool that would for the first time allow discerning viewers to gauge the degree to which a photo has been altered — on a scale from 1 to 5.
[...]
While most photos in magazines and advertising are altered to some degree, the tool would let people see just how much has changed from the original.

Farid, who collaborated with Ph.D. student Eric Kee on the novel five-point metric tool, will have his research published in academic journal The Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences this week.
[...]
The catch is, the software would require the original photo to be submitted with the altered one — meaning the industry would have to be on board with disclosing just how much its subjects have been touched up.
http://www.thestar.com/business/article ... tered?bn=1
nonhocapito

Unread post by nonhocapito »

If this tool or other tools will be further promoted by mainstream media, it can only mean that photoshopping techniques that work around it have already been inserted in the fakery-creation process.

I think the case of the "remastered" picture of "Brad Fetchet dancing with grandma" (as exposed here) proves that they are aware of the tools such as Error Level Analysis -- and are starting to implement ways to systematically work around it. The new "dancing with grandma" picture returns "perfect" from the ELA.