Costa Concordia incident, Friday 13 Jan 2012

Anything on the news and elsewhere in the media with evidence of digital manipulation, bogus story-lines and propaganda
pdgalles

Re: Costa Concordia

Unread post by pdgalles »

Apologies if the question has been asked but does the captain even exist?

Neck join and head too big for his body?

Doesn't look real...

Jerky motion and odd blinking. I note there is a "body language analysis" of this interview on Youtube. Can you analyse a sim? :huh:

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0-O9PCjBVE

"Home movie" blurs at convenient moments, i.e. when Schettino is in shot.

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHP4l2X6P9g

Any other videos featuring the captain?

Am I way out on this? :wacko:

Edit: fixed tags (thrice).
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

Si, reading your account was a pleasure! Fair play to yiz both!

I read too that parts of "Old" Rome was constructed with Granite from Giglio, which possiblly accounts the "geometric boulder", in one way or another, but why the rusty almost iron-ore version of the rock? Media photo 2.

^ Yes PD those "photos" are a joke! And Terence absolutely spot on!

If it was agreeable then perhaps we could rename "London, Madrid, Oslo and other faked terror events" as "London, Madrid, Oslo and other Simula", and add this thread to that section??
icarusinbound

Unread post by icarusinbound »

Terence.drew wrote:
Italian coastguards have thermal imagining cameras where hot spots come outblackinstead of white..why is this??
This is my point- it's certainly meant to be IR spectrum, so why are the survivors and the vehicles colder (much darker) than their surroundings?

Thinking- can it be photonegative? Anyone able to somehow invert the video luma?

Sudden thought- where's the burnt-in timecode and GPS co-ords, or azimuth/positional info that should be in the frame? Is it cropped?
Heiwa
Banned

Unread post by Heiwa »

The ripped steel looks real!
Terence.drew

Unread post by Terence.drew »

I note that the headline in the Sun does not include any mention of 'investigators' or 'Scams' or 'Hoax'. Simon and Heiwa you are now officially ghouls ;) (mind you there is a big slant of interest on this forum with ghoulish subjects like the 'undead'. Note also thermal imaging banner from cookies)

Again. How is it possible for this stabilizer to be still intact. The ship was on a forward moving path when it hit the rocks. This stabilizer passed by the point where the rocks were located a few seconds before impact. The only way this could make sense was if the ship was doing a skid or a Uturn or 'drifting' like in playstation car racing games.
Heiwa
Banned

Unread post by Heiwa »

ghoul [gu:l] n. 1. (in Eastern stories) spirit that robs graves and feeds on the corpses in them. 2. person with gruesome and unnatural tastes and habites. (Idiomatic and Syntactic English Dictionary, Tokyo 1942)

Maybe the tourists were ghouls 1. or 2. I just accompanied Simon around the island to chat with the islanders and to have a good lunch!
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

Heiwa wrote:ghoul [gu:l] n. 1. (in Eastern stories) spirit that robs graves and feeds on the corpses in them. 2. person with gruesome and unnatural tastes and habites. (Idiomatic and Syntactic English Dictionary, Tokyo 1942)

Maybe the tourists were ghouls 1. or 2. I just accompanied Simon around the island to chat with the islanders and to have a good lunch!
Disaster
Passengers
Victims
Survivors
Ghouls
Heroes
Villains
Tourists

Just pointing out again how corporations see men and women. Categorizing, stereotyping, pigeoholing. I guess the erstwhile "news crews" are exempt from the "Ghoul" tag, they were all over it like flies on sh1t from the get go! And who took the above photo of the "tourists"? A non-ghoul Scum person who was being PAID to be there?

Who is ensuring that the ship isn't looted by thieves?

Has any Salvage Operation begun yet? How are they going to move the vessel?
icarusinbound

So is it being played as a photonegative video, based upon my spice compare shot below? The original 'pos' one to the right actually looks slightly-more realistic than the inverted/re-created version on the left, but they both look hollow...

simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

pdgalles wrote:Apologies if the question has been asked but does the captain even exist?
SCHETTINO = SKATE

I believe the actor playing "Captain Schettino" (which translates "Captain Roller Skate") exists - but since he never was a ship captain, the 'historical albums/images" (photo/video) with this actor in Captain uniform are much more easily crafted with photoshop and digital animation. But this actor's other performances for the cameras may well be quite real (yet, entirely staged/scripted - of course):

Here he is, for instance, being interviewed in the little Bahamas Hotel lobby ( I recognize the staircase behind him), I was there on Friday myself, 'interviewing' the Hotel's receptionist! (see previous post of mine):

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNiQUhZnmcg

But get this: You may know that in Italy, Schettino has quickly become a national laughing stock (spurred by the huge media propaganda accusing Schettino of being, basically, an irresponsible fool). He is blatantly being sold to the sheeple (and no - I won't apologize anymore for using that 'arrogant' term) as the scapegoat for the Concordia disaster. So much so that, already, some folks are predicting that the neologism "Schettino" will soon enter the Italian dictionary - to signify 'someone who, in the face of his own responsibilities, abandons people in difficulty.' Check out this - dear Italian readers:

E adesso non fare lo schettino
"Ecco, ho pensato, la lingua italiana si appresta a inglobare un nuovo neologismo: schettìno, per indicare chi, in barba alle proprie responsabilità, abbandona chi è in difficoltà"

http://www.lettera43.it/attualita/37128 ... ettino.htm
Well, I then learned that the word "schettino" derives from the English "skate". So, I consulted the dictionary for other English meanings of "skate" - and found that...
skate n.

1. An ice skate.
2. A roller skate.
3. A skateboard.
4. The act or a period of skating or skateboarding.
intr.v. skat·ed, skat·ing, skates
1. To glide or move along on or as if on skates.
2. To ride or perform stunts on a skateboard.
3. Informal: To act in an irresponsible or superficial manner.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/skate
(Now, I presume that the origin of this informal, English meaning of "skate" goes way back - long before the Concordia incident!)

I mean come on, ladies and gentlemen...what are the odds of THAT? Does anyone need more proof that the "Schettino" entity is just an umpteenth, lame/cynical 'insider joke' by the Psychopathic Psyop Ghouls (henceforth, the "PPG's") against whom this forum is valiantly combating?
icarusinbound

pdgalles wrote:Apologies if the question has been asked but does the captain even exist?

Neck join and head too big for his body?
This is maybe not looking so good for his captaincy (along with everything else...!)-

http://errorlevelanalysis.com/permalink/7feaea8/

Agreed, there looks to be a lot of pixel-work around the neck, almost like a delegate's ribbon badge, yes? In the ELA, his left hand (on our right) appears to have the palm open, unclenched, and a 'ghost thumb' to his extreme left, and there is some fingers foreshortning in the original shot. Left-side picture= "the boxer hands"....Right-side ELA picture="the talking/entreaty hands". There appears to be odd changes around his right hand going by the ELA (is that entire arm added??). The badge looks very 'applied' with the neon fringing, and the map also looks bright and odd. The rank epaulettes are very 'busy' in an added-on manner- even in the photorealistic version, the one on his left shoulder looks adrift, and the spacing between the rank-bars is uneven. Also, his paunch is aglow...!

Comparisons, comparisons....

http://www.navy-la.com/
Not a darkened background, but so naturally neutral when ELA compared with the above, no pixel-crunching: white uniforms against skin for a control; no neckline burn; her name-badge is not a glowing rectangle of strange; the epaulettes of both these Lieutenant Commanders sit correctly (the "Captain's"left/'port' side one is looking far too high up to really be attached)

So: comments?

[edit]
simonshack wrote:Now, I presume that the origin of this informal, English meaning of "skate" goes way back - long before the Concordia incident!
You may be referring to the idiom "he's skating on thin ice", as in someone who is about to fall into the metphorical water, a fast/evasive/unreliable archetype.
simonshack wrote:....the "Schettino" entity
This forum concentrates a lot on numerology (no, I apologise: it comments upon numerical concidences, shall we say?), and also names: probably rightly so. The name 'Schettino' sounds to TeutonAnglos like sh!t/Scheiße, with the obligatory 'ino' Italianate ending (and Google Translate auto-senses it to being Italian for "roller-skate"!!)[/edit]

[edit again] Sorry, in England, the old traditional slang name for a sailor *is* Skate/skater, I forgot http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=skate....don't ask why!![/edit again]
Last edited by icarusinbound on Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
waterwitch

Unread post by waterwitch »

So, let me get this clear in my own mind - when Captain Roller Skate realized that he was skating on thin ice, he got on his skates and skadoodled? :blink: That old skate!( decrepit horse/nag - according to the dictionary!)
Heiwa
Banned

Unread post by Heiwa »

It reminds me of the Italian skating team that drowned during spring training! :P
pdgalles

Unread post by pdgalles »

simonshack wrote:
I believe the actor playing "Captain Schettino" (which translates "Captain Roller Skate") exists - but since he never was a ship captain, the 'historical albums/images" (photo/video) with this actor in Captain uniform are much more easily crafted with photoshop and digital animation.

[...]

I mean come on, ladies and gentlemen...what are the odds of THAT? Does anyone need more proof that the "Schettino" entity is just an umpteenth, lame/cynical 'insider joke' by the Psychopathic Psyop Ghouls (henceforth, the "PPG's") against whom this forum is valiantly combating?
I know this won't go down too well on this wonderful forum but I honestly find these in-jokes quite amusing... :P

So Captain Rollerskate, meet Captain Pugwash...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Pugwash
simonshack
Administrator

"Costa Concordia Passenger: Titanic Theme Played As Ship Hit Rocks"

I know, our member "Whatsgoingon" has already mentioned this on page 4 of this thread - but I thought this inane bullshit story was well worth mentioning once again:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/1 ... 13038.html

It was the height of irony as the Costa Concordia started going down. A passenger has revealed that the Celine Dion song "My Heart Will Go On," made famous by the 1997 film "Titanic," was playing in one of the ill-fated cruise ship's restaurants at the very moment the ship's hull was ripped open.

Swissman Yannick Sgaga tells the Tribune de Geneve newspaper that he and his brother were dining when the Concordia struck rocks near the Italian island of Giglio, starting an evacuation that Sgaga called "a demonstration of incompetence, recklessness and irresponsibility."
The idiocy of this whole Concordia-concoction is quite numbing... :angry: :wacko:

That Huffington Post article also features this image - credited to "GETTY images":
What to make of this? Are they really that childish/desperate to feed the conspiracy crowd with lame "UFO" theories?
simonshack
Administrator

Terence.drew wrote:Image

Simon and Heiwa you are now officially ghouls ;)
Dear Terence,

All things being relative, I personally feel most honored to be called a "ghoul" by the perverted jerks running THE SUN tabloid ! :P