A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest
brianv

Re: THE "CHATBOX"

Unread post by brianv »

Okay.

I watched S1mone last night...

Memorable lines were few,

"The abilty to create fraud now supercedes the ability to detect it"
"Never stop believing" (epistimologists might have some fun with that one)
"Now we have to do the whole cast"

1/10
Mercurial

Unread post by Mercurial »

Thanks, the time counter was just messin' with me. Haven't had a chance to listen properly yet, had it on in the background and had to leave just as they got on to Brevik. What is their take on that? They seemed to be talking about him as a real, flesh and blood person.
fbenario

Unread post by fbenario »

jaytotale wrote:
Good song, Jay. Are you the All Too Human band that is metal?

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/All_Too_Human/4141
:huh:
Ha! Got ya!

Do you like this 'Totale' (first live album by The Fall)?

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdxpNFSGnFE
pshea38
Banned

Unread post by pshea38 »

Mercurial wrote:... just as they got on to Brevik. What is their take on that? They seemed to be talking about him as a real, flesh and blood person.
The usuals, unfortunately. They are aware that there is something seriously wrong with the narrative, but are falling down and getting lost inside the inserted conspiracy rabbit holes.
No thoughts expressed yet regarding fakery but their realisations regarding the 9/11 videos might, indeed must, stir them into questioning the veracity of all the footage and photographs from this whole Norway twaddle. After that, what other possible conclusions can they come to, except the ones arrived at here?

Of course opinions may vary as to the genuinity of Duff. He certainly on the surface provides us with enough food for second thoughts. (military man, banker, Jewish etc. etc.)

My opinion is that he is one of the good guys.
jaytotale

Unread post by jaytotale »

Last edited by jaytotale on Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

Hey Jaytotale, just to say I really liked your song & video - "Life gets in the way".

When I lived in England in the eighties, I was into The Teardrop Explodes and such...
jaytotale

Last edited by jaytotale on Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

jaytotale wrote:Thank you very much Simon. We just got lucky having the video done by film students. The Teardrop Explodes and the whole post-punk period of the late seventies/early eighties produced some bloody good bands. Shame I never got to see a lot of them live, seeing as I was too young!
I bumped into Julian Cope in the 'Greyhound' in Hammersmith, London, at press darlings of the week, the Fire Engines' first London gig...if my mammaries serve me correct! What a tosser! :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASW6eH9d9LE
thespiritualone
Banned

Unread post by thespiritualone »

jaytotale wrote:Thank you very much Simon. We just got lucky having the video done by film students. The Teardrop Explodes and the whole post-punk period of the late seventies/early eighties produced some bloody good bands. Shame I never got to see a lot of them live, seeing as I was too young!
Hi Jay

I very much like that period from 1976 to 1984 approx. Like many music fans on here i listened to John Peel, it was a great period for independent music. The Peel Sessions from that period unfortunately appear to be stuck in the archives. During that period i recorded some of the sessions on audio cassette which still survive today but the quality is not so good and i have refrained from transferring the recordings onto my PC until now. I am particularly keen on uploading a Michael Smith session from the early eighties:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikey_Smith

Unfortunately, i never got to see hardly any bands during that time-transport was always an issue, always having to leave early and risk missing the last train home from Newcastle at 10.30 pm.

I did attend a few music festivals in Leeds during that time-"Futurama" and it's follow up. I got to see Bauhaus, Echo and The Bunnymen, Psychedelic Furs, Soft Boys, Blur, etc. Two bands who i desperately wanted to see Live but never did were The Stranglers and Devo.
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

thespiritualone wrote:
Hi Jay

I very much like that period from 1976 to 1984 approx. Like many music fans on here i listened to John Peel, it was a great period for independent music. The Peel Sessions from that period unfortunately appear to be stuck in the archives. During that period i recorded some of the sessions on audio cassette which still survive today but the quality is not so good and i have refrained from transferring the recordings onto my PC until now. I am particularly keen on uploading a Michael Smith session from the early eighties:

Unfortunately, i never got to see hardly any bands during that time-transport was always an issue, always having to leave early and risk missing the last train home from Newcastle at 10.30 pm.

I did attend a few music festivals in Leeds during that time-"Futurama" and it's follow up. I got to see Bauhaus, Echo and The Bunnymen, Psychedelic Furs, Soft Boys, Blur, etc. Two bands who i desperately wanted to see Live but never did were The Stranglers and Devo.
Bauhaus - The Venue, Victoria, London [Apart from "Bela" and "Ziggy" ps and maybe "Kick", you missed nothing, worst band ever]
Bunnymen - Hammersmith Palais, London [mediocre]
Stranglers - Wembley [supporting the Who] [The mutt's nuts]

:P
thespiritualone
Banned

Unread post by thespiritualone »

Bauhaus - The Venue, Victoria, London [Apart from "Bela" and "Ziggy" ps and maybe "Kick", you missed nothing, worst band ever]
Bunnymen - Hammersmith Palais, London [mediocre]
Stranglers - Wembley [supporting the Who] [The mutt's nuts]

Bauhaus (1981) & Echo and The Bunnymen (1980 & 1981) were great Live in Leeds. I have always preferred Vinyl to Live performance by far. And The Who are the greatest band ever Live and on vinyl.Bauhaus on vinyl i preferred the more edgier stuff like: "Dark Entries", "Terror Couple Kill Colonel", "St Vitus Dance", "Stigmata Martyr" and "In The Flatfield"

*******************************************************************************************************************
ADMIN NOTICE: Please use the "QUOTE" button when responding to any post on this forum - Thanks! - simon
jaytotale

Last edited by jaytotale on Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whatsgoingon
DELETED THEIR OWN POSTS :(

Unread post by whatsgoingon »

a
Last edited by whatsgoingon on Fri May 24, 2013 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
MsQ

Unread post by MsQ »

thespiritualone wrote:

Hi thespiritualone, I would love to hear the Mickey Smith sessions if ever you do! I remember hearing of him on The John Peel Show.
I am still chasing up bands today that I heard on his show back in 82/3 and haven't heard since!
I have the odd cassette too with bits of songs on, but John Peel played so much good stuff, I never had enough tapes.
I never got to see any of the bands back in the day either due to my age. I wish I'd been a bit more daring as a kid and snuck out to try and see at least the few that played my home town. I was way underage, but surely with enough make-up and the right clothing could have managed to get in to see something :angry:
fbenario

Unread post by fbenario »

thespiritualone wrote:Bauhaus on vinyl i preferred the more edgier stuff like: "Dark Entries", "Terror Couple Kill Colonel", "St Vitus Dance", "Stigmata Martyr" and "In The Flatfield"
Oh my God, their Swing The Heartache BBC Sessions album was so effing good. A must-have collection.

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxODM2tSh80

The booming drums on their Ziggy Stardust are among the best ever recorded.

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTyePL5JvVI