The "insurgency" in Syria, 2011- 2013

Anything on the news and elsewhere in the media with evidence of digital manipulation, bogus story-lines and propaganda
burningame

The "insurgency" in Syria, 2011- 2013

Unread post by burningame »

Re Syria, can someone enlighten me as to what Bashar al-Assad used to be called by the West? I thought it was Prince Assad... you know, royalty. It's much better to demonise a 'president' of a 'regime' rather than a 'prince' of a 'sovereign state'. Maybe I'm mistaken about this detail, but I definitely remember favourable reportings of Assad in the past by the media. Respect, or at least not the demonisation were suddenly seeing now.

If so, it's all part of the subtle vocabulary change that accompanies the grand orchestration of these 'axis-of-evil' states...you know, the ones that are murdering their own population, the ones in which the UN has to intervene to stop these 'innocent civilian deaths'. Funny, they weren't doing that even just a few years ago. And how nice of Syria to wait until Libya had gone first.

Of course, we hear NOTHING of the Syrian government's point of view, not even a statement from the UN. All I managed to catch from their side a few days ago was something about how the Western media was distorting everything... then nothing. Surprise!

What with this one-sided Syrian UN thing today, and to cap it all off, "Miracle On The Hudson" on TV tonight, I'm over it.

Please give me my Victory gin now.
TrutherInTX

Unread post by TrutherInTX »

I've subscribed to the Anonymous channel for a while now. Until today they seemed to be interested in exposing the fraud we all know is going on. Today they posted a new video about Syria, http://youtu.be/cbCVH3hEraA.

The implication is that President Bashaar Al-Assad is killing his own people. They posted links to emails that imply Bashaar prepped for the Barbara Walters interview to cover up what his government is doing. Until today I thought there might be some chance Anonymous was legit but now to me it seems a CIA front group. I posted on the youtube channel challenging that we do not have real proof and I was attacked. The reason I mention it here is that the tenor of the Anonymous video posters turned amazingly hostile overnight. This was the video where they brought out the commentors to support Syria intervention. All previous Anon videos were lightly commented on and even rational. They attacked and said I should look at the ongoing Homs's massacre.

Here is an example video, http://youtu.be/scQ5N8UGKIU, and another http://youtu.be/dNhK14GqDY8. In that latter video the guy sure scared those kids.

It sure seems they are pushing very hard to build consensus for intervention. The main reason I posted is that it was shocking how fast and in volume and veracity the posts on the video happened. There were some other sane posts like mine but quickly discredited. Like I mentioned, I've followed these videos but this was an unprecedented change.
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

TrutherInTX wrote: The implication is that President Bashaar Al-Assad is killing his own people.
[st](we might have to do a dedicated thread for Syria - but for now, I'll leave it here.)[/st]

CIVILIAN MASSACRES IN SYRIA - reality or propaganda?

Well - just for the record - here's what Syrian president Assad has to say about the (alleged) ongoing massacres:
"Assad's regime claims terrorists acting out a foreign conspiracy by the U.S., Israel and Gulf Arab countries are behind the uprising, not protesters seeking change."
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/childre ... an-turmoil

and further...

But the Syrian government denied its army had shelled Homs and accused television stations of "inciting" violence, the official SANA news agency said. "The civilians shown by satellite television stations are citizens who were kidnapped and killed by armed gunmen," it said. It accused the gunmen of "wanting to use that information to (pressure) the Security Council".
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... -dead.html

Ok, that sounds like a plausible scenario - so if I were Assad, I should start worrying about the bad image he's getting through the faked propaganda videos circulating of (the alleged) massacres of his own people. I decided to have a look at a particularly gory one (Warning: GRAPHIC content! - literally...) - as much as I profoundly dislike all things gore; sadly, the sickness of the folks behind the fake imagery propaganda has reached new heights of :puke: ... Just the day before yesterday (March 11), there was supposedly yet another massacre in the Homs region, allegedly claiming "47 lives". (Btw, on January 27 this year, another massacre in the Homs area allegedly claimed "74 lives". On February, yet another in the same area allegedly claimed "at least 260 lives" - while back in December 2011, yet another should have claimed "between 250-270 lives" - yes, it gets confusing...)

Of course, the media's current trend is to 'provide proof' of these massacres citing all the 'amateur images' which get posted on Twitter, Youtube, etc... :rolleyes:
"As is so often the case, news of the violence spread on Twitter and other social networks and YouTube was soon full of graphic videos purporting to show the victims of the withering mortar fire."
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... -fire.html
So, the day before yesterday (March 11) the below video was uploaded on Youtube - by "MrFreedomsyria82"... Let's have a look at it (I'm really sorry about the goriness here, but if you are faint of heart, you make take solace of the fact that these graphic images are actually just computer graphic!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzprUNY6Ons
WARNING: extremely poor and ugly graphic content !

I must say that I have never seen quite such atrocious virtual imagery; in fact, we should be thankful that they are still using such piss-poor videogame software for their wretched propaganda purposes.

(The kid in the two below images is obviously meant to be one and the same.)

And, as ever, they can't resist leaving a little 'signature' on these formidably repulsive little propaganda animations...
(NOTE: The above is the final image of the abysmally animated 'video' clip).

You see, they MUST always have a white-and-blue striped (middle-eastern) character in their shitty psyop imagery...

In Iran (remember "NEDA"?):
http://www.cluesforum.info/viewtopic.ph ... a#p1385007

In Chile (remember "CARLOS"?):
http://www.cluesforum.info/viewtopic.ph ... 1#p1463251

(Arguably) - also In OSLO (with a red-and-white variation):
http://www.cluesforum.info/viewtopic.ph ... 4#p2355814

:puke:

**********************************************************************************
Lastly (and leastly), this article is stuffed wih the usual, ubiquitous and excruciatingly obsessive elevens. Don't blame the messenger for (reluctantly) pointing them out. Maybe I shouldn't - lest I'd be mistaken for a "kooky conspiracy theorist" - sigh...
Syria Activists: 'Terrifying Massacre' In Homs

Two days of bloody turmoil in Syria killed at least 74 (7+4=11) people, including small children, as forces loyal to President Bashar Assad shelled residential buildings and fired on crowds in a dramatic escalation of violence, activists said Friday.

At least 384 children have been killed, as of Jan. 7, in the crackdown on Syria's uprising since it began nearly 11 months ago, the U.N. children's agency UNICEF said Friday. The count, based on reports from human rights groups, included children under age 18. Most of the deaths took place in Homs and most of the victims were boys, UNICEF said. It said 380 (3+8=11) children have been detained, including some under age 14.

The Observatory said at least 11 people, including eight children, died when a building came under heavy mortar and machine-gun fire in the city's Karm el-Zaytoun neighborhood.

Also Friday, Iran's official IRNA news agency said gunmen in Syria kidnapped 11 Iranian pilgrims traveling by road from Turkey to Damascus.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/2 ... 36068.html
nonhocapito

The "insurgency" in Syria, 2011- 2012

Unread post by nonhocapito »

Well unless I am seriously missing something we don't seem to have a Syrian thread still on this forum, which is kind of absurd... on the other hand I perfectly understand why. Certain subjects are so tragically sad and depressing one resists the duty to give them the proper room and attention. The Syrian case is certainly one of those: after so many months of hyped and faked (at least, faked in its alleged spontaneity) "escalation" the whole thing is just repeating itself in a spiral of agonizing falsification and propaganda it is just too painful to watch.

In any case, this one post is an attempt to start tackling this event by itself rather than hitching it to the "arab spring" "lybian war" wagon. You will forgive me if this is posted directly in the "worldwide media deceptions" forum, but there is no way this "insurgency" is anything but a deception. Please contribute to it any sort of documenting material. I know it is a pain, but the progressing of this faked event must be recorded.

A basic trace of the propaganda so far can be found, naturally, on wickedpedia. Here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011%E2%80 ... n_uprising

The first emerging basic fact of this whole story, it seems to me, is that once again there is absolutely no way to actually know what is really happening. Who is on the field. Who is fighting whom. What "battles", what "atrocities" are even real, if any; what on the other hand is being completely silenced and forever will be in all the history books that will be written in the next decade; what is my country, your country doing; etc.

I have no answer to these questions, unfortunately.
I read today on CNN.com:
The opposition Local Coordination Committees of Syria said at least 100 people have been killed across the nation Tuesday. Also, there are fears of a major Syrian military assault on Aleppo as rebels and regime forces fight for control of the sprawling metropolis.
From http://edition.cnn.com/2012/08/07/world ... ?hpt=hp_t1
"Local Coordination Committees". What are these? No problem, wickedpedia knows! (Just imagine if there were a similar insurgent group in France, Italy or Israel, in what terms it would be described on wickedpedia...)
The LCCSyria network consists of "overwhelmingly young" demonstrators of multiple religious and class backgrounds. The network is decentralized and works in secret. The first of the committees was created in the Daraya suburb of Damascus. As of June 2011, the most active committee was in Homs. As of June 2011, the network had 35 individual leaders, who tried to communicate daily. As of February 2012, the network had 14 local committees, one each in Daraa, Homs, Baniyas, Saraqeb, Idlib, al-Hasakah, Qamishli, Deir ez-Zor, the Syrian coast, Hama, ar-Raqqah, as-Suwayda', Damascus and the Damascus suburbs. LCCSyria is financed by donations from individual supporters. This is further facilitated by the "Adopt a Revolution" initiative
From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Local_Coor ... s_of_Syria
What is the source for these propaganda lines? My, of course, for the most part the New York Times AKA zionism central. It doesn't matter that it makes absolutely no sense to imagine a network of committees operating in secret, whose locations are given away by the media that supports them which means given to the same regime and army they are fighting!

To draw an example, history tells us that the partisan resistance in Italy against the nazis & mussolini was NOT to be found in any precise location on the map, but rather was sprawled across wide and generic areas; the partisans stayed on the mountains, in villages, moved constantly; even when they got the official support of the USA or Britain, and even after the 8th of September when they had on their side most of the Italian army, they still would not have precise locations on the territory. Which makes perfect sense, obviously. Territories, cities, locations are not infinite. In polce terms, a 50,000 people city is nothing, especially in a regime where you normally have a file on anybody.

Yet the New York Times think nothing of informing the government of Damascus (or is informed by them) that these revolutionary committees are located in "Daraa, Homs, Baniyas, Saraqeb, Idlib, al-Hasakah, Qamishli, Deir ez-Zor, the Syrian coast, Hama, ar-Raqqah, as-Suwayda', Damascus and the Damascus suburbs".

But this is all bullshit, of course. There are no "committees"-- probably, if that, foreign agents, mercenaries and puppet insurgents moved in and out of the borders or unchecked areas as needed.

Now, to get back to my comparison, am I saying that everything about the resistance against the nazis in WWII was real compared to what is happening in Syria right now? No: I wouldn't know but if history teaches anything, I would have to say that probably most of that story is hyped, faked and censored as well. Yet possibly because humanity was less detached from reality back then, nowhere you would have read that "italian partisians fighting mussolini and the nazis are located in como, bergamo, varese, alba, padova, rovigo etc, and organized in such and such committees". :rolleyes:

The rest of the articles on CNN about Syria are equally emetic. The same rhetoric that was valid for Lybia is repeated. All sorts of atrocities; spontaneous rebellion; people fleeing in mass; tragic stories of loss and hope; the bloggers; the crumbling decadent regime... :puke:

ADMIN NOTICE(simon): Nonho, I have moved three older posts from the "Egypt 'Revolution'- all the way to Libya 'War'" forum into this long-due Syria thread that you wisely opened today.
bostonterrierowner

Re: The "insurgency" in Syria, 2011- 2012

Unread post by bostonterrierowner »

Good to see you back NoHo :)

"History is a bunch of lies agreed upon as truth " - Bonaparte .

What we are seeing in Syria is like you said in another thread a forced globalization . "Democracy" must be estabilished to open the country for looting .
I am still not sure about Russia's role in world affairs . Is it an ally disguised as an enemy to USA/Brittain ( like USSR ) or their genuine adversary ? Russians have a military base in Syria . Are anglo-americans strenghtening their stranglehold over the region/world and getting rid of this Russian foothold in Mediterranean basin ?
whatsgoingon
DELETED THEIR OWN POSTS :(

Unread post by whatsgoingon »

a
Last edited by whatsgoingon on Fri May 24, 2013 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
fbenario

Unread post by fbenario »

I've seen this map repeatedly over the last couple of years. It was supposedly created by a CIA analyst. Look at how many new countries TPTB want.

whatsgoingon
DELETED THEIR OWN POSTS :(

Unread post by whatsgoingon »

a
Last edited by whatsgoingon on Fri May 24, 2013 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
simonshack
Administrator

This is Thierry Meyssan's take on the Syria affair. Meyssan is of course the author of "L'Effroyable Imposture" (in English: "9/11, The Big Lie") published as early as 2002.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/artic ... 65,00.html

I have extremely mixed feelings about the guy and his Voltaire.net,ORG - for a number of reasons I won't go into just now. Anyways, here's what he wrote exactly two months ago - on June 11, 2012 :

NATO preparing vast disinformation campaign
http://www.voltairenet.org/NATO-prepari ... nformation

by Thierry Meyssan

Member States of NATO and the GCC are preparing a coup d’état and a sectarian genocide in Syria. If you want to prevent these crimes, you should act now: circulate this article on the Internet and alert your elected officials

In a few days, perhaps as early as Friday, June 15, at noon, the Syrians wanting to watch their national TV stations will see them replaced on their screens by TV programs created by the CIA. Studio-shot images will show massacres that are blamed on the Syrian Government, people demonstrating, ministers and generals resigning from their posts, President Al-Assad fleeing, the rebels gathering in the big city centers, and a new government installing itself in the presidential palace.

This operation of disinformation, directly managed from Washington by Ben Rhodes, the US deputy national security adviser for strategic communication, aims at demoralizing the Syrians in order to pave the way for a coup d’etat. NATO, discontent about the double veto of Russia and China, will thus succeed in conquering Syria without attacking the country illegally. Whichever judgment you might have formed on the actual events in Syria, a coup d’etat will end all hopes of democratization.

The Arab League has officially asked the satellite operators Arabsat and Nilesat to stop broadcasting Syrian media, either public or private (Syria TV, Al-Ekbariya, Ad-Dounia, Cham TV, etc.) A precedent already exists because the Arab League had managed to censure Libyan TV in order to keep the leaders of the Jamahiriya from communicating with their people. There is no Hertz network in Syria, where TV works exclusively with satellites. The cut, however, will not leave the screens black.

Actually, this public decision is only the tip of the iceberg. According to our information several international meetings were organized during the past week to coordinate the disinformation campaign. The first two were technical meetings, held in Doha (Qatar); the third was a political meeting and took place in Riyad (Saudi Arabia).

The first meeting assembled PSYOP officers, embedded in the satellite TV channels of Al-Arabiya, Al-Jazeera, BBC, CNN, Fox, France 24, Future TV and MTV. It is known that since 1998, the officers of the US Army Psychological Operations Unit (PSYOP) have been incorporated in CNN. Since then this practice has been extended by NATO to other strategic media as well.

They fabricated false information in advance, on the basis of a “story-telling” script devised by Ben Rhodes’s team at the White House. A procedure of reciprocal validation was installed, with each media quoting the lies of the other media to render them plausible for TV spectators. The participants also decided not only to requisition the TV channels of the CIA for Syria and Lebanon (Barada, Future TV, MTV, Orient News, Syria Chaab, Syria Alghad) but also about 40 religious Wahhabi TV channels to call for confessional massacres to the cry of “Christians to Beyrouth, Alawites into the grave!.”

The second meeting was held for engineers and technicians to fabricate fictitious images, mixing one part in an outdoor studio, the other part with computer generated images. During the past weeks, studios in Saudi Arabia have been set up to build replicas of the two presidential palaces in Syria and the main squares of Damascus, Aleppo and Homs. Studios of this type already exist in Doha (Qatar), but they are not sufficient.

The third meeting was held by General James B. Smith, the US ambassador, a representative of the UK, prince Bandar Bin Sultan (whom former U.S. president George Bush named his adopted son so that the U.S. press called him “Bandar Bush”). In this meeting the media actions were coordinated with those of the Free "Syrian" Army, in which prince Bandar’s mercenaries play a decisive role.

The operation had been in the making for several months, but the U.S. National Security Council decided to accelerate the action after the Russian President, Vladimir Putin, notified the White House that he would oppose by all means, even by force, any illegal NATO military intervention in Syria.

The operation has a double intent: the first is to spread false information, the second aims at censuring all possible responses.

The hampering of TV satellites for military purposes is not new. Under pressure from Israel, the USA and the EU blocked Lebanese, Palestinian, Iraqi, Libyan and Iranian TV channels, one after the other. However, no satellite channels from other parts of the world were censured.

The broadcast of false news is also not new, but four significant steps have been taken in the art of propaganda during the last decade.
• In 1994, a pop music station named “Free Radio of the Thousand Hills” (RTML) gave the signal for genocide in Rwanda with the cry, “Kill the cockroaches!”
• In 2001, NATO used the media to impose an interpretation of the 9/11 attacks and to justify its own aggression against Afghanistan and Iraq. At that time already, it was Ben Rhodes who had been commissioned by the Bush administration to concoct the Kean/Hamilton Commission report on the attacks.
• In 2002, the CIA used five TV channels (Televen, Globovision, ValeTV and CMT) to make the public in Venezuela believe that phantom demonstrators had captured the elected president, Hugo Chávez, forcing him to resign. In reality he was the victim of a military coup d’etat.
• In 2011, France 24 served as information ministry for the Libyan CNT, according to a signed contract. During the battle of Tripoli, NATO produced fake studio films, then transmitted them via Al-Jazeera and Al-Arabiya, showing phantom images of Libyan rebels on the central square of the capital city, while in reality they were still far away. As a consequence, the inhabitants of Tripoli were persuaded that the war was lost and gave up all resistance.

Nowadays the media do not only support a war, they produce it themselves.

This procedure violates the principles of International Law, first of all Article 19 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights relating to the fact of receiving and imparting information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers.” Above all, the procedure violates the United Nations General Assembly resolution, adopted after the end of World War II, to prevent further wars. Resolutions 110, 381 and 819 forbid “to set obstacles to free exchange of information and ideas” (like cutting off Syrian TV channels) and “all propaganda provoking or encouraging threats to peace, breaking peace, and all acts of aggression”. By law, war propaganda is a crime against peace, the worst of crimes, because it facilitates war crimes and genocide.

Thierry Meyssan
Maat

Unread post by Maat »

Here's one of 39 images from Reuters' amazing 'photographers' :rolleyes:

"A Syrian Air Force fighter plane fires a rocket during an air strike in the village of Tel Rafat, some 37 km (23 miles) north of Aleppo, August 9, 2012.
REUTERS/Goran Tomasevic "

@ http://www.reuters.com/news/pictures/sl ... R35Q9W#a=1
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

Maat wrote:Here's one of 39 images from Reuters' amazing 'photographers' :rolleyes:

"A Syrian Air Force fighter plane fires a rocket during an air strike in the village of Tel Rafat, some 37 km (23 miles) north of Aleppo, August 9, 2012.
REUTERS/Goran Tomasevic "

@ http://www.reuters.com/news/pictures/sl ... R35Q9W#a=1
Copymove/Cloning detected visually, and the ELA is off the scale.

Image Image

Ooh I love the URL generated by the host http://i.imgur.com/SeXXI.jpg

EDIT: Error Level Analysis has picked up some of the copymove/cloned areas!
Maat

Unread post by Maat »

Oooh hang on, Reuters' 'Goran Tomasevic' managed to get a second shot of the same fighter plane in a different colored sky with 2 rockets in mid-flight! :P

"A Syrian Air Force fighter plane fires rockets during an air strike in the village of Tel Rifaat, 23 miles north of Aleppo, on 9 August. 2012.
Photograph: Reuters/Goran Tomasevic"

@ http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/middle- ... sfeed=true

Clearer version here:

@ http://www.alfa.lt/straipsnis/15050821/ ... -09_11-50/

Exif data & Fotoforensics
simonshack
Administrator

:lol: Oh, so our "Goran Tomasevic" is at it again, is he? What an ace Reuters photographer he is!

Remember his wondrous Libya pics ? Goran sure knows how to be at the right place at the right time ! :rolleyes:
http://www.cluesforum.info/viewtopic.ph ... 2#p2351772
Maat

Unread post by Maat »

simonshack wrote:*

:lol: Oh, so our "Goran Tomasevic" is at it again, is he? What an ace Reuters photographer he is!

Remember his wondrous Libya pics ? Goran sure knows how to be at the right place at the right time ! :rolleyes:
http://www.cluesforum.info/viewtopic.ph ... 2#p2351772
Aha! I knew it sounded familiar. A contender for top 'Phonytographer' Prize, all right <_<

@ http://blogs.reuters.com/goran-tomasevic/

Full gallery of his previous 'works' here:
http://blogs.reuters.com/fullfocus/2011 ... sevic/#a=1
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

Just for the record

About thirty-six clone operations detected

Gimp ELA, which corresponds with Maat's link @fotoforensics http://fotoforensics.com/analysis.php?i ... 8c5b.43972