THE "CHATBOX"

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest
waterwitch

Re: THE "CHATBOX"

Unread post by waterwitch »

Mickey wrote:Anyone have recommendations for nutrition related forums/sites/links they trust ? Thanks in advance.
As far as I'm concerned, Ray Peat is the man:
http://raypeat.com/articles/

He doesn't blog, but has a collection of his newsletters posted at his website. Not an easy read as he delves into a lot of pre-1944 science and has a radically different opinion on how human cell work as compared to the mainstream( eg the no-membrane theory - cf Gilbert Ling). There are a couple of radio interviews on the web too. IMO Ray Peat is the go-to source for all things nutrition and health-related but he's not an easy read!
geobro
Banned

Unread post by geobro »

Alfie wrote:After reading that last post from geobro I thought the admins/moderators might like this;

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJ0l_vPyUmg
there seems to be a lot of people called alfie on 9-11 deebunking forums ? or as the song goes whats it all about alfie ;)
HonestlyNow

Unread post by HonestlyNow »

Mickey wrote:Anyone have recommendations for nutrition related forums/sites/links they trust ? Thanks in advance.
Search for Dr. Robert Morse ND (naturopathic doctor) on YouTube.
The body's needs are simply explained, and he's oh-so passionate about his work!
Enjoy.
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jY-PEeX5xYY
Maat

Unread post by Maat »

▲ Chortle! Image

`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

:D
fbenario

Unread post by fbenario »

Items 4, 7, and 9 tell you who I am, and why I am a daily forum presence. They may also describe some other forum members.
10 Reasons Why Some People Love What They Do

http://www.forbes.com/sites/daviddisalv ... tner=yahoo
Farcevalue

Unread post by Farcevalue »

Has anyone else here wondered about the logical contradictions involved with citing ANY media sources as factual? I frequently hear people in conversations referring to incidents with which they have absolutely no personal first hand personal knowledge as if they are certain they are true. While it is easy enough to expose contradictions where images and grammar are in conflict, how can we then point to another story and cite that one as factual?

There are reports that in some cases may include documentation that can be verified, but short of obtaining those records ourselves, how do we know they exist? Since we live in a world that is filled with irrationality, lies, obfuscation and manipulation that generates an ever widening feedback loop as "useful idiots" repeat the disinfo, I have a sense that the world is being lost to a Gordian knotted, house of mirrors style information web that will be impossible to unravel.

Or I just noticed what has always been happening.
jaytotale

Unread post by jaytotale »

Farcevalue wrote:Has anyone else here wondered about the logical contradictions involved with citing ANY media sources as factual? I frequently hear people in conversations referring to incidents with which they have absolutely no personal first hand personal knowledge as if they are certain they are true. While it is easy enough to expose contradictions where images and grammar are in conflict, how can we then point to another story and cite that one as factual?

There are reports that in some cases may include documentation that can be verified, but short of obtaining those records ourselves, how do we know they exist? Since we live in a world that is filled with irrationality, lies, obfuscation and manipulation that generates an ever widening feedback loop as "useful idiots" repeat the disinfo, I have a sense that the world is being lost to a Gordian knotted, house of mirrors style information web that will be impossible to unravel.

There seems to be a growing trend in the MSM, whereby a disclaimer is added to certain reports(usually concerning ones from the middle-east and usually the ones containing the piss-poor Playstation 2 footage of alleged riots/protests/bombings/murders etc). This disclaimer is usually 'We cannot verify this report'.

Maybe these instances are a little clue being left for the more discerning viewer, or the poor, downtrodden news corporations ;) are saying, 'Please don't shoot the messenger!'

Maybe that's the eternal optimist buried deeply within me, rearing it's pretty little head!

I find the whole of the MSM hilarious these days as practically no-one I know or work with ever talks about the news any more so what's the point? Or maybe they don't discuss it front of me nowadays to avoid my usual reaction!? <_<
fast67vellen2o

Unread post by fast67vellen2o »

Here is something on the news today about a "bomb threat" at the federal building in Kansas City.

If you read the news by a major media new outlet such as MSN, this is what you got:
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/09 ... isturbance

If you took the time to find a local news site, this is what you get:
http://www.kansascity.com/2012/09/14/38 ... -bomb.html
Equinox
Banned

Unread post by Equinox »

Just saying hello. Hope your doing well... and no, I have not given up for a long shot. :)
fbenario

What Caused The Big Bang To Start?

Yes, right now I feel like a cat among the pigeons. A great article. Always keep in mind that until a quantum theory can be 'proved' by multiple people, it remains philosophy, not science. Thus, even with a quantum proof, you still have to choose between belief in God or belief in philosophers with respect to creation. Evolution of course explains much of everything since the Big Bang other than the physical constants of the universe and the irreducibly complex.

Will Science Someday Rule Out the Possibility of God?

http://news.yahoo.com/science-someday-r ... 45479.html
fbenario

Equinox wrote:Just saying hello. Hope your doing well... and no, I have not given up for a long shot. :)
You're awesome!
fbenario

Farcevalue wrote:Has anyone else here wondered about the logical contradictions involved with citing ANY media sources as factual? I frequently hear people in conversations referring to incidents with which they have absolutely no personal first hand personal knowledge as if they are certain they are true. While it is easy enough to expose contradictions where images and grammar are in conflict, how can we then point to another story and cite that one as factual?

I think you're describing the whirlpool into the gyre. Right Maat?
Equinox
Banned

Unread post by Equinox »

fbenario wrote:
Equinox wrote:Just saying hello. Hope your doing well... and no, I have not given up for a long shot. :)
You're awesome!
Thanks man! But remember like our old joke. “I’m only human!” :lol:

Just thought I would touch bases here. I'm done researching at this point, and still archiving. Here is the new method…
I have had enough of the 9/11 troll You Tube accounts deleting their videos, or setting them on private so from now on I’m just replacing the footage onto my own account. As the the fair use educational purposes clause permits me. I’m also using Hyper-links so you can just click on the link to get straight to the fraud. I will also leave the video up demonstrating how to do this. And it will be in the tools of the trade thread soon.
Peace!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FINAL ASCENT - as aired on the BBC:

VIDEO-- FINAL ASCENT - as aired on the BBC.

TIME – 3.45

Hyper link-- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFFtl-5q ... age#t=223s

FRAUD- The Entire trajectory is incorrect.

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFFtl-5qR10

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivIapMhOO-U
Libero

Unread post by Libero »

I heard the shuttle was coming to town near my area, so I decided to shoot up to Edwards AFB this morning to see if I could catch some footage. Unfortunately the video I shot was very poor as the sun totally washed out the electronic viewfinder and I wasn't really sure what I was aiming at, but I did manage to capture a few seconds of action. Here are some stills that I extracted from the video.

Here's a bonus shot from Vasquez Rocks that I pulled over to catch on my way back home. You might recognize this place from many movies, commercials etc...