Fakery in Orbit: THE I$$

If NASA faked the moon landings, does the agency have any credibility at all? Was the Space Shuttle program also a hoax? Is the International Space Station another one? Do not dismiss these hypotheses offhand. Check out our wider NASA research and make up your own mind about it all.
fast67vellen2o

Re: Fakery in Orbit: THE ISS

Unread post by fast67vellen2o »

astronut wrote: I was there, saw it myself, videoed it myself. It was no apparition.

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4c18sJynC4
You wouldn't happen to have Parkinsons would you?
astronut
Banned

Unread post by astronut »

simonshack wrote:*

Dear Astronut,

This guy apparently captured both the shuttle and the ISS in great detail with a 20-year-old Newton telescope - and a Canon Eos 40D DSLR :

Amateur photographer captures space shuttle from back garden
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/spac ... arden.html

How come your ISS imagery is so vastly inferior to the above image? :huh:
It's not vastly inferior. There's a difference between trying to shoot a video for youtube and trying to shoot a video from which still frames will be extracted for a high quality still view or "series of stills" view. With all due respect, the spatial resolution of that image is not dramatically different from this.
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7094/7404 ... 946d_b.jpg
And certainly not from this.
http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4112/5033 ... fe75_z.jpg
But in any case, when shooting an ISS video for youtube upload, I intentionally do not maximize the magnification so that I will not need to do any processing to try to "stabilize" the view. I did that once as a test (and uploaded the raw unstabilized video as well), but I much prefer to make a natural video that requires no stabilization. Other than trimming segments of the videos that do not have ISS in them, I don't do any processing to mine. If I want a high resolution still then I don't really care if the video is too shaky to keep ISS in for more than a few seconds at a time.
astronut
Banned

fast67vellen2o wrote:
astronut wrote: I was there, saw it myself, videoed it myself. It was no apparition.

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4c18sJynC4
You wouldn't happen to have Parkinsons would you?
How many rockets have you taken video of from about 12 miles away with that kind of magnification/spatial resolution? I'm going to make a wild ass guess and say "0." It doesn't take much for the rocket to be jolted out of the field of view. Even the smallest motions translate to large swings.
reichstag fireman

Unread post by reichstag fireman »

reichstag fireman wrote:
astronut wrote: For the record, I used: [arranged in list form, RF]
  • a Meade 8" LX200 Classic Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope,
  • Brent Boshart's Satellite Tracker software,
  • a Meade LPI strapped to the viewfinder
  • a modified Samsung SDC-435 at prime focus
  • a 2x barlow
  • a video capture card
  • anti-vibration pads
Perhaps you can answer some questions, please.
----------

I am glad to see that you have returned to defend your Opus Dei, astronut.
Please respond to my earlier questions to you:
  • What magnification was the telescope when you obtained your footage of the Near Earth Object we call the "ISS".
  • To what extent (if any) did you crop the original video frames captured from your scope?
  • i.e. how much of the original field of view is present in the Youtube footage (as a basic percentage of area in the raw frames) ?
  • What video capture hardware did you use to digitise the frames?
  • What post-processing did you undertake on the frame sequence?
TrutherInTX

Unread post by TrutherInTX »

astronut,

Were you one of the 2,400 special guests invited to the event? You sure got a great spot to take your video.

After seeing the fakery in the NASA videos shown on this site I am very suspect that an ISS actually exists. It may be plausible that a rocket was launched for the audience. When I was in high school in Louisiana the space shuttle was shown to us at Barksdale Airforce Base in Shreveport. Mom took us out of school to go see it. We could go no where near it and just saw it tied down to the back of a jumbo jet. Whether that contraption ever actually flew, I have no idea. From that though I know NASA does its best to make it seem there is a real space program.
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

astronut wrote: If you chose neither, then please provide your name and address so that I may file a law suit against you.
Yay! That's marvellous, Mr. Astronut! I would absolutely relish that you file a lawsuit against our common findings.

Wait - hold on! I don't wish the tranquil, daily lives of the members / or my fellow admins of this forum to be aggravated by this farce.

So I'll gladly stand up to it myself - yes, just cite me as a defendant, ok? Here's all the data you need to contact me:

http://www.cluesforum.info/viewtopic.ph ... 0#p2351730
fbenario

Unread post by fbenario »

Nevermind for now. Sorry.
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

Who are we "defaming" anyway? An Internet persona? Nobody can do that but yourself.
astronut wrote:I'm not peddling bullshit.
By bullshit, I mean your entire persona. You demand respect but you give none. You claim the ISS is real but you haven't acknowledged the fake pictures. You imply all of it is real by failure to address this crucial question. That is why you are full of bullshit.

By bullshit, I mean your fake attitude. You claim to have absolute proof of something, but all you've demonstrated is that you stand by a story about a picture you've produced. Did you even make this picture? We don't and can't know. That is the freedom and limitation of the Internet. It is bullshit that you claim to have earned any respect or trust by your attitude. That is the bullshit you are being asked to stop peddling.

Finally, by bullshit, I mean the general feeling that the picture you posted is probably fake by virtue of your desperation, your apparent (and unfounded) anger at the world, your fake character and your poorly thought-out attitude. Nobody can fix the problems with your heart and soul but yourself.
astronut wrote: I demand that you cease your defamation about me, that is not too much to ask.
This is also bullshit. What if I said, "I demand you cease your defamation of me" on your forum? What sense would that make? You come on here, claiming to have some truth. We doubt it. You are defaming yourself by even claiming our doubt is somehow defamation. It's a joke - a laugh! Nobody here can, or has the power to, "defame" you. By virtue of trying to stand up for your apparent "beliefs", you are also defending what appears to be a massive hoax.

You are the only person posting with such an unscientific attitude by consistently calling everyone on this forum "conspiracy theorists" for not believing you personally. Does that make any sense to you?

Think about your position. Think about what the Internet is and what freedom of speech means.

Nobody is "defaming" "astronut", personally. You are a forum user. We are forum administrators. Your character of "astronut" is already shot and defamed to just about the lowest it could possibly be by your own actions of coming onto this forum and calling everyone an idiot conspiracy theorist for not swallowing your story hook, line and sinker.

We have the right to doubt you and claim you are full of it. If you think that's "defamation", you need to "grow up" and understand this is the Internet. Do you own the name "astronut"? Are you citing copyright infringement? You come on here of your own free will, log in with a password and registered e-mail address which you volunteer to join the forum. Read the rules!

I say again you are peddling bullshit sir and I assert again as a human being, and furthermore under the protection of free speech in many countries and collaborations between countries, every human being on Earth has the absolute right to say it and not suffer threats for saying it. And frankly, screw you for questioning that. You are merely a coward and you prove your own lack of character by saying you will sue the Internet for defaming you if people don't personally visit you. What kind of human are you? I actually don't know anything about "you" or whether more than one person is acting as the user "astronut". I don't even care, but that possibility exists for all of us here on an Internet forum.

By implying a fact is true, we are all immune from libel accusations. Unfortunately, this covers your cowardly self as well.

---

This user "astronut" is kind of ominously asking us to come "visit" them and to me, that doesn't seem like they'd be a very good or polite host. Nobody wants to come near astronut or be in its presence, whatever the user "astronut" even consists of. So why don't you just comply with our request to prove your set up? Take photographs of your set up, make a "how to catch the ISS" eHow or other instruction on a DIY site. Show your good general character and show that you are interested in sharing this knowledge with the world. If all you are going to do is whine like a baby about not being believed or respected, then you are not fit for this forum and you will be banned.
hoi.polloi

astronut wrote:Brent Boshart's software takes any two-line element set and uses it to predict the path of any given satellite. I simply loaded ISS's orbital data into the software and clicked "track." It found ISS automatically and put it in the viewfinder. Then I simply used the mouse to adjust the tracking to compensate for small pointing and/or timing errors and put ISS in the main camera.
This is a good start. Thank you for complying little by little, although with you it's like pulling teeth. As for doing research, that's what we're doing. One system doesn't rule them all yet, so your system, and how it works, may not be unique to you, but its story is somewhat. So, moving on from your vague threats and generally bad character, please proceed to explain the following:

What do you mean by "it found ISS"? What is "it"?

What viewfinder are you referring to? What puts "it" there? And what is "it"? The ISS itself? A symbol of the ISS? An image of it? What?

What does it mean to adjust the tracking, and why do you need to do something like that?

What "small pointing and/or timing errors" are there, and how are they addressed?

How does the software interact with the firmware/hardware to make it all work together, at each step?

What do you mean you put the ISS in the main camera? What is a "main camera" in this case?

We need to know all this if we are to understand how this works.

Please also address the other questions:
What magnification was the telescope when you obtained your footage of the Near Earth Object we call the "ISS".
To what extent (if any) did you crop the original video frames captured from your scope?
i.e. how much of the original field of view is present in the Youtube footage (as a basic percentage of area in the raw frames) ?
What video capture hardware did you use to digitise the frames?
What post-processing did you undertake on the frame sequence?
Farcevalue

Unread post by Farcevalue »

Well, I had to look at the Chiefland Fall Star Party Thingy (I know, it only encourages them), but I was interested to see this:

Man, if only those Hasselblads in 1969 could have had the capabilities of the Star Party Thingy cameras. Now, THAT would have been a star party.
hoi.polloi

astronut,

Whomever is using the account at the moment, I want to warn you about the person who used "astronut" to post some things. I noticed that they put the responsibility on others when they wrote things like, "it doesn't work like that" instead of, "I will not do that."

Your apparent skill with tenses, "astronut" when employed to avoid the truth "doesn't go unnoticed" here. ;)
Because the majority of the ISS pictures we've posted here appear to be doctored in some way,
It only "appears" that way to idiots who don't know what the hell they're talking about, which is precisely why the same accusations were made about my videos.
No, it does not "only" appear to "idiots" who don't know what the hell they're talking about. I can see a lot of problems with the imagery, including blatant signs of editing. So can other users on this forum. So can many Americans who can escape the propaganda a moment to actually use their brains for themselves instead of being screamed at and threatened from cubicles like yours. To me it sometimes seems the errors are so obvious and so blatant or offensive to the imagination that "only an idiot" could fail to see that there is a problem. But instead we patiently explain to people the errors we see and we protect a small area of the vastly enormous Internet (that you are free to go play in) when we see something wrong, and how we feel about it.

It speaks volumes of your, um, "position" (surely, it can't actually be your honest worldview?) when you visit here specifically to claim that all people who think and who see evidence of image doctoring are fools.

Surely, you can also appreciate that the exact opposite is true, should digital forensics show that doctoring has taken place and these "idiots" who "don't know what the hell they are talking about" (as you state), picked up on the doctoring because it's so obvious, it hardly needs forensics to reveal? Surely you see how, because you refuse to go and look at the rest of the thread, where doctoring by NASA has been demonstrated, you appear like Oscar the Grouch for calling the people who recognize this names. You call them fools and conspiracy theorists but you, yourself, whatever/whoever you are, haven't taken the time to update the "astronut" persona's ability to read?

It's actually quite amusing that you take such a stance, as if you were trying to defend NASA itself. Do you have friends who work for NASA? Do you have family who works for the CIA, or NASA? Or the NSA? The police? FBI? Homeland Security? The Navy? Army? Something like that? No malice is implied when I ask if you are being compensated by an employer for your efforts on this forum? You are "double plus good" at your job of twisting the meanings of words and the Air Force could surely use more people like that in our Big Brother security forces.

How convenient to the "conspiracy theory" you seem to think we have that, should you actually be secretly used by such a force, you wouldn't know about it because you are so gullible, naive and trusting of them.

Answer our questions like a good man. I'll bet you can pick up your check on Friday from someone, whatever your job is, but for now, just be patient and do something for humanity instead of money, and do it with a manner that says you care about your fellow human beings instead of a manner which says that you hate them all with the pit of your black heart.

(By the way, if you or your family is being physically threatened by your employer to comply with their demands, I genuinely feel for you and I am sorry for your position. I recommend using your lawyer's skills to liberate you from such a position instead of wasting time attacking the truth, freedom of speech, and other privileges of the society you apparently care so much about.)

---

Now let's have those answers to our questions, please:

What do you mean by "it found ISS"? What is "it"?
What viewfinder are you referring to? What puts "it" there? And what is "it"? The ISS itself? A symbol of the ISS? An image of it? What?
What does it mean to adjust the tracking, and why do you need to do something like that?
What "small pointing and/or timing errors" are there, and how are they addressed?
How does the software interact with the firmware/hardware to make it all work together, at each step?
What do you mean you put the ISS in the main camera? What is a "main camera" in this case?
What magnification was the telescope when you obtained your footage of the Near Earth Object we call the "ISS".
To what extent (if any) did you crop the original video frames captured from your scope?
i.e. how much of the original field of view is present in the Youtube footage (as a basic percentage of area in the raw frames) ?
What video capture hardware did you use to digitise the frames?
What post-processing did you undertake on the frame sequence?
astronut
Banned

simonshack wrote:
astronut wrote: If you chose neither, then please provide your name and address so that I may file a law suit against you.
Yayyy! That's marvellous, Mr. Astronut! I would absolutely relish that you file a lawsuit against our common findings.

Wait - hold on! I don't wish the tranquil, daily lives of the members of this forum to be aggravated by this farce.

So I'll gladly stand up to it myself - yes, just cite me as a defendant, ok? Here's all the data you need to contact me:

http://www.cluesforum.info/viewtopic.ph ... 0#p2351730
I wasn't talking to you. Trying to successfully sue someone who lives in a completely different country would be damn near futile for someone like me. I have neither the time nor resources to attempt an international effort like that.
astronut
Banned

hoi.polloi wrote:Who are we "defaming" anyway? An Internet persona? Nobody can do that but yourself.
astronut wrote:I'm not peddling bullshit.
By bullshit, I mean your entire persona. You demand respect but you give none. You claim the ISS is real but you haven't acknowledged the fake pictures. You imply all of it is real by failure to address this crucial question. That is why you are full of bullshit.

By bullshit, I mean your fake attitude. You claim to have absolute proof of something, but all you've demonstrated is that you stand by a story about a picture you've produced. Did you even make this picture? We don't and can't know.
Yes, you can, but you are not willing to put your money where your mouth is. That speaks volumes. I'm not the one full of bullshit here, you are.
This is also bullshit. What if I said, "I demand you cease your defamation of me" on your forum?
I haven't said anything about you on "my" forum.
What sense would that make? You come on here, claiming to have some truth. We doubt it. You are defaming yourself by even claiming our doubt is somehow defamation.
No, I'm not defaming myself. I was accused of perpetrating a hoax, that is defamation, I am defending myself from it.
You are the only person posting with such an unscientific attitude by consistently calling everyone on this forum "conspiracy theorists" for not believing you personally.
You're conspiracy theorists for believing that there is a massive conspiracy to "hoax" the ISS in pictures and videos all over the internet, even extending to amateur videos like mine which you claim are fake.
We have the right to doubt you and claim you are full of it.
You do not have the right to falsely accuse my video of being a hoax. You have proven no such thing, nor could you since it isn't a hoax. I have given you the means to see for yourself, in person, you have refused to avail yourself of the opportunity.
If you think that's "defamation", you need to "grow up" and understand this is the Internet. Do you own the name "astronut"?
I have been called out by my real name by the site administrator.
So why don't you just comply with our request to prove your set up?
I am not going to play that game, as I already said. Anyone can claim that they "failed to find it," but that does not prove me wrong or a hoaxer. Anyone can come see ISS for themselves in my telescope, in person, live, in the eyepiece at Chiefland. That is neutral ground, I do not live there, and there will be many other amateur astronomers there as well. I intentionally picked an event attended by many for the protection of all. Safety in numbers. You can either show up and see it for yourself, or refuse and show that you lack the courage to put your money where your mouth is.
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

TWO ALLEGED SHOTS OF THE SPACE X DRAGON LAUNCH - October 7, 2012:

This is 8 seconds after lift off - according to Mr. Astronut's alleged personal video :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4c18sJynC4

And this is 8 seconds after lift off - according to a video posted by Youtube channel "AmazingTVnews" :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8-urW-adzs

Now, I'm not too sure what exactly we are asked to believe here... Are the two above shots actually supposed to depict the very same event? Seriously? :huh: :wacko: :blink:

But my favorite shot from Mr. Astronut's alleged video is when his spermatozoically-shaped rocket flame passes by a cloud in the sky. The cloud is nicely visible - but the rocket itself just ain't there ! As Mr. Astronut says: "it was no apparition." Indeed it wasn't... More like a ghost-like disappearance act. :lol:

Abstract pop-art at its best! :P

So, I have just one simple question for Mr Astronut: who on Earth do you think you're fooling?
Libero

Unread post by Libero »

NASA's Greatest Fan Contest!

Here are a couple of links to Scott Ferguson's entry into the contest from a few years back.

From the NASA site itself:

Click the 'Home Away from Home by Scott' link.

http://www.nasa.gov/externalflash/NASA_ ... ccess.html

[ADMIN: The above link may be defunct. Try the below. -HP 1-17-18]
https://web.archive.org/web/20121006093 ... ccess.html

And a slightly different version submitted by youtube member, bethbeck. (no cardboard cutout or photoshopped baby in a space suit in this one :rolleyes: )

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJBQ4xiMFzA

Alas, missing from the messierhunter channel on youtube itself is this proud entry into the contest. (Scott Ferguson, astronut, ngchunter, messierhunter all claim the same daytime ISS video)

http://www.youtube.com/user/messierhunter

Edit. Hmm... I got to wondering about this bethbeck youtube submitter. Could this be the same Beth Beck?

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6lzPAlkJGA