Global Oil Infrastructure

Historical insights & thoughts about the world we live in - and the social conditioning exerted upon us by past and current propaganda.
hoi.polloi

Re: Global Oil Infrastructure

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

I think this is a valuable debate. Even if it is speculation, I think it is important speculation.

For instance, perhaps it is our greed for oil causing wars. Perhaps it is merely our greed for everything - land and oil included - and oil is just an easy explanation to be written into the subtext of the media.

Either way, oil is important. Pre-empting any admin's desire to do so, I just want to express I don't think this thread should be locked.
whatsgoingon
DELETED THEIR OWN POSTS :(

Unread post by whatsgoingon »

Last edited by whatsgoingon on Fri May 24, 2013 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
reichstag fireman

Unread post by reichstag fireman »

The question: if there's no oil shortage then why all the fighting for it?

It's not about securing finite oil supplies (Abiotic Oil has virtually limitless supply).
It's about controlling the world oil market for racketeering.
And that means eliminating the competition, and creating a sparsity scare.
He who controls the well-heads controls the barrel price. So invade the oil fields, and control the supply.
And as the authors of that EIR article make clear, there's even more money to be swindled on the derivatives market.

Peak Oil is just another economic warfare weapon.
It goes hand-in-hand with Global Warming, Alternative Energy and other forms of Environmentalism.
Libero

Unread post by Libero »

Oh the marketing that went into trying to convince everyone that oil comes from dead dinosaurs :rolleyes: . I bet the majority of people that are asked will still give you that reply when you ask them where oil comes from. (I personally am struggling with abiotic vs wickedpedia's official explanation, but I am leaning toward abiotic or some sort of biotic fermentative process.)

Evidently started with Sinclair in the 60's with their mascot.

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkTsDMjqfww

Chevron commercial late 70's

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gei3gpG2IYU

'Dinosaurs' TV Show early 90's

"Dinosaurs is initially set in 60,000,003 BC in Pangaea. The show centers on the Sinclair family: Earl Sinclair, the father; Fran Sinclair, the mother; Robbie Sinclair, the son; Charlene Sinclair, the daughter; Baby Sinclair, the baby; and Grandmother Phillips.

Earl's job is to push over trees for the Wesayso Corporation with his friend and coworker Roy Hess. Earl and Roy's boss is named B.P. Richfield.

The Sinclair name is a reference to the Sinclair Oil Corporation, which uses a dinosaur in its logo. The names Phillips, Hess, Richfield and B.P. (known as BP) are also the names of petroleum companies, further referencing the common belief that dinosaurs were one of the organic origins of petroleum."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dinosaurs_%28TV_series%29

Petroleum according to Wickedpedia:

"Petroleum (L. petroleum, from Latin: 'petra' (rock) + Latin: oleum (oil)[1][2]) or crude oil is a naturally occurring flammable liquid consisting of a complex mixture of hydrocarbons of various molecular weights and other liquid organic compounds, that are found in geologic formations beneath the Earth's surface. A fossil fuel, it is formed when large quantities of dead organisms, usually zooplankton and algae, are buried underneath sedimentary rock and undergo intense heat and pressure."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petroleum
Last edited by Libero on Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
fbenario

Unread post by fbenario »

hoi.polloi wrote:Either way, oil is important. Pre-empting any admin's desire to do so, I just want to express I don't think this thread should be locked.
I don't want it locked, either; I'm learning quite a bit, especially from what'sgoingon. Good stuff, keep it flowing.

Pun fully intended.
fbenario

reichstag fireman wrote:It's about controlling the world oil market for racketeering.
And as the authors of that EIR article make clear, there's even more money to be swindled on the derivatives market.
It goes hand-in-hand with Global Warming, Alternative Energy and other forms of Environmentalism.
Yet another great post, reichstag! First sentence quoted is a beautiful sentence, in that it combines two usually-thought-unrelated topics, and connects them swiftly and precisely.

Derivatives really IS the whole ball-game.

Totally agree on substance of the last sentence.
whatsgoingon

Last edited by whatsgoingon on Fri May 24, 2013 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
whatsgoingon

Last edited by whatsgoingon on Fri May 24, 2013 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Libero

Unread post by Libero »

whatsgoingon wrote:
Libero wrote:Oh the marketing that went into trying to convince everyone that oil comes from dead dinosaurs. I bet the majority of people that are asked will still give you that reply when you ask them where oil comes from. (I personally am struggling with abiotic vs wickedpedia's official explanation, but I am leaning toward abiotic or some sort of biotic fermentative process.)

Evidently started with Sinclair in the 60's with their mascot.
Libero, please consider this bit of thermodynamics. Life at the top of the food chain cannot be greater in biomass than the bottom of the food chain due to entropy.

Hence, biotic oil should you believe is not from complex consumers but from producers of biomass that once used solar power from the sun. Phytoplankton/algae and the like.
whatsgoingon,

I certainly don't have the insight about the business to compete with your knowledge. My observations only come from the aspect that diesel fuel, for instance, is supposedly spawned off of crude as a combustible vs. a flammable as the other portion is created as. Also, my thinking is that a diesel engine can not only run off of that which is marketed as fuel, but can also run off of fats derived from plants and those also derived from animals or even algae. Additionally, a flammable can be created from a grape, sugar cane, grain, potato, agave plant etc. with the help from our friend the yeast. It seems to me if there was a real problem with whatever 'peak crude' is at this point, that they would start to move toward an engine design that would capitalize for either of the alternate tech's in event of a disaster scenario. Maybe it's not quite the emergency yet... who knows. Or maybe, if the crude supply is more quickly replenished somehow than taking several hundred million years, then perhaps that may be what we are going through now... You know... a 3rd scenario that is not explained by oil that can never be replaced in our lifetime or an oil that only the sun or earth's core and pressure can produce -- energy creating energy as you alluded. I am suggesting and asking things that I am still trying to process... such was the reason for my questions in this topic the other day. I am also suggesting that ultimately, the earth takes care of itself, if that makes sense.

Sidenote: My thinking is that in a Mad Max type situation that the diesel engine would be the last one standing -- I think Mel Gibson's movie got that wrong :) I bought one last year -- a used 7.3 liter Ford behemoth, and I love it (after having pondered additionally, other strategic outcomes.) I am happy to say as well that I am less fearful about the Mad Max scenario since discovering this site.

In answer to your question above:
whatsgoingon wrote: Lets imagine you cornered a market that is known to be headed into decline but replacement tech could ruin your market. What would you do?
I, personally would begin to corner the replacement tech's market. I would have a boatload of money right now and would wish to stay in existence. I would also, if truly evil or businesslike... whatever, coax my consumers into using whichever technology was most profitable to me at that point in time.

Edit: whatsgoingon... I reread your message back to me.. I'm not sure if you inferred from my post that I think that oil came from Dinosaurs (I added a 'rolleyes' just in case to avoid any confusion with anyone :)) If so...no, I'm sorry... I posted the Dinosaur stuff simply to show everyone the media spin.
Last edited by Libero on Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
reichstag fireman

Unread post by reichstag fireman »

Fascinating videos, libero. Keep 'em coming :)

From age 9+ years, British school kids get the hard sell on the Dino Doo-Doo Theory (DDD). With no qualifying caveat that it's just one of several theories for the Genesis of Oil. DDD is not just a weak theory, it's tortuously Bad Science. Serving as a pretext for the exorbitant oil price. According to the DDD theorists, there's only so much Doo-Doo a Dinosaur can Do B) This forum is probably not treating the Hoax with the full contempt it deserves. The DDD scam encompasses not just petrochemicals, but the whole of Organic Chemistry.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organic_Chemistry
fbenario

Libero wrote:I am also suggesting that ultimately, the earth takes care of itself, if that makes sense.
I agree wholeheartedly. At a minimum, basic economic theory postulates that producers (i.e., standard 'markets' analysis, or more simply, 'the market'), when faced with declining supply, automatically raise the price > the old supply-demand curve from your basic first-year economic theory course.
whatsgoingon

Last edited by whatsgoingon on Fri May 24, 2013 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
fbenario

Excellent.
Expect to Buy Fewer New Cars in Your Lifetime

Buying New, But Not as Often

Fewer Chances For Automakers to Retain/Steal Customers

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/expect-bu ... 15676.html
whatsgoingon

Last edited by whatsgoingon on Fri May 24, 2013 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
LightCone

Unread post by LightCone »

§