Artful Fools and the Sims in the Gunpowder Plot of 1605

This is the forum dedicated to all 'minor' local psyops - phony murders, kidnappings and whatnot. It has now become evident that the news media constantly feeds the public with entirely fake stories - in order to keep us in eternal fear of our next-door neighbours and fellow citizens.
reichstag fireman

Artful Fools and the Sims in the Gunpowder Plot of 1605

Unread post by reichstag fireman »

It is coming up to 5th November, a big day in English PSYOP history.

Remember, Remember the Fifth of November, Gunpowder, Treason and Plot!, as the famous rhyme has it.

This year will be the 407th anniversary of the Gunpowder Plot. The Plot was a 17th century PSYOP conjured up by the Court of Hif Majefty King James I. To serve as a pretext for terrorising Roman Catholics across the Kingdom.

According to the official narrative, a gang of Catholic traitors led by Guido "Guy" Fawkes used the dead of night to sneak gunpowder by the barrel-load into the cellars of the Houses of Parliament. This was, according to legend, an evil "Catholic conspiracy" to blow up the King and His Government who were to meet next day in the chamber above.

The Plotters were reportedly apprehended at the very last moment. Caught red-handed, they were taken to the Tower of London, tortured on the rack, forced to confess, and then gruesomely put to death: first hung, then drawn and finally chopped into quarters.

Except, in truth, nothing of the sort happened. It was just another Hoax!

So maybe taking cue from Simon's observation, may I have the liberty of starting a new thread, to examine one aspect of this centuries' old Hoax -- that of the Artful Fool..
simonshack wrote:
[W]hat's the deal with the fact that MOST (I'd say 90%) of the trolls and shills infiltrating this forum have dire problems with the English language - to the point that it's becoming their 'trademark signature'?...
I might open a thread specifically dedicated to this issue, one fine day...
The presence of the Artful Fool was an observation made by Fr. John Gerard about the Gunpowder Plot. In the excerpt below, Gerard, a Jesuit Priest, examines the illiterate trolls and shills infesting the PSYOP.

The Artful Fool, a figure common to Hoaxes?

That short text comes from Gerard's book What was the Gunpowder Plot? The Traditional Story Tested by Original Evidence.* It seems that the cunning halfwit has been around for a while now!

The book is an interesting read even if Fr. Gerard adopts as his central thesis the 'limited hangout'. The supposed lead conspirator, "Guido (Guy) Fawkes", was a real man, says Gerard. Albeit a patsy. But certainly not a "sim". "Guido Fawkes" really was hung, drawn and quartered, presumes Gerard. That fundamental premise should be challenged.

After re-testing the original evidence, applying what we now know from more recent hoaxes, it is just as likely that "Fawkes" and fellow Plotters were all non-existent perps, or "sims".

The Hoax is commemorated to this day at public events across England. On the 5th November anniversary, papal effigies ("guys") are thrown onto roaring community bonfires. Young children of the neighbourhood are encouraged to whoop and cheer as the catholic evil-doer goes up in smoke! The triumph of the Crown over Dark Forces from Rome! Hip Hip Hoorah! :rolleyes: A PSYOP that even 400 years later just won't die!

*Fr. John Gerard's book What was the Gunpowder Plot? can be downloaded from:
http://archive.org/details/whatwasthegunpow00gerauoft
http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/34807

*Not to be confused with the book by the strikingly similar name What Gunpowder Plot Was (sic) by Oxford academic Samuel Rawson Gardiner (another Artful Fool!) :rolleyes: :lol:

CREDIT: To Webster Griffin Tarpley, formerly of EIR, who first highlighted Fr. Gerard's book to me.
Last edited by reichstag fireman on Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alfie

Re: Artful Fools and the Sims in the Gunpowder Plot of 1605

Unread post by Alfie »

reichstag fireman wrote:

:rolleyes: A PSYOP that even 400 years later just won't die!
And what is Guido Fawkes these days;

'Anonymous' :puke:

Great quote Reichstag "A PSYOP that even 400 years later just won't die!"
Alfie

Unread post by Alfie »

John Dee is a name that I need to research more who was still alive at this time, although late in years, was a key power figure. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Dee

and his Hieroglyph, which is unusually close to the Olympics mascots

And there is Sir Francis Bacon at the same time. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_Bacon

These names come up time and again, I'll admit I'm out of my depth with knowledge to these guys but it does seem to be a pivotal time in the creation of media fakery. I must do some reading on these perps, if anyone has any recommendations it would be appreciated.
reichstag fireman

Heh, Alfie,
Thanks for replying! Interesting aspects to research!
bostonterrierowner

Unread post by bostonterrierowner »

Gunpowder plot was later reused in Reichstag fire with only this exception that in London Parliament wasn't actually burnt . Nazis used their scam to introduce their equivalent of Patriot Act and strengthen the grip on power . The same oligarchy is responsible for these 3 events ( 9/11 , gunpowder , reichstag fire ) and it is funny how they use the same tricks throughout the centuries and they still work :)

I was under the impression that Guy Fawkes affair had been officially admitted to have been a PsyOp used as a casus belli for a war with Spain

Aren't we reinventing a wheel here ? :)
Rudy Algera

Unread post by Rudy Algera »

Interesting topic.

Guy Fawkes was hanged, not hung.
http://grammar.about.com/od/alightersid ... dgloss.htm
reichstag fireman

bostonterrierowner wrote:Gunpowder plot was later reused in Reichstag fire with only this exception that in London Parliament wasn't actually burnt . Nazis used their scam to introduce their equivalent of Patriot Act and strengthen the grip on power . The same oligarchy is responsible for these 3 events ( 9/11 , gunpowder , reichstag fire ) and it is funny how they use the same tricks throughout the centuries and they still work :)

I was under the impression that Guy Fawkes affair had been officially admitted to have been a PsyOp used as a casus belli for a war with Spain

Aren't we reinventing a wheel here ? :)
Sorry, I'm playing catch-up with you veterans! The reference Simon made to the abysmal written English of shills, trolls and other turds, was my loosely-linked excuse for posting it! And while it's perhaps glaringly obvious to others, it honestly hadn't crossed my mind that Fawkes and Gang were 100% fictitious perps.

As for more recent parallels, perhaps we should re-examine Marinus van der Lubbe, the halfwitted homosexual gypsy jew communist Dutchman (cover all your bases!) who was charged with firing the Reichstag building. A patsy, maybe? Or did "van der Lubbe" really exist at all? ^_^

Oh, and talking of dodgy Dutchmen (!) why thank you Rudy, for the, erm, rudimentary lesson in English grammar. :lol:
Last edited by reichstag fireman on Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

English is pretty flexible, but the Artful Fools blow it out of proportion. Interesting thread. Thanks for making it.