Giant Icy Balls and other Strange Weather

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest
Gracist
Banned

Giant Icy Balls and other Strange Weather

Unread post by Gracist »

I don't know about everyone else, but all the strange weather events are seeming more and more surreal to me. From the obvious CGI tsunamis to thundersnow, Vatican lightning strikes and giant icy balls, I'm inspired to start a thread on this topic. In the tradition of Charles Fort, let's create a record of anomolous/fake weather events.

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPEn1jS8vdw
Gracist
Banned

Re: Giant Icy Balls and other Strange Weather

Unread post by Gracist »

9(of course!) killed from giant icy balls falling from sky! :rolleyes:

http://theextinctionprotocol.wordpress. ... -villages/
lux

Unread post by lux »

"Giant Icy Balls" sounds like the name of a rap artist. :lol:
Gracist
Banned

Unread post by Gracist »

lux wrote:"Giant Icy Balls" sounds like the name of a rap artist. :lol:
Hahaha. Right now my county and like 55 other surrounding counties (Oklahoma) are under a "state of emergency" from a snowstorm. No giant icy balls falling from the sky to kill 9, 11, or 33 people yet though ^_^

Has snowfall always been cause for a declared state of emergency or is this due to the advent of all the local FEMA centers to get everyone accustomed to seasonal weather being a horrifying emergency? The news has been hyping this so much here, like "bread and other staples are flying off the shelves as the winter storm approaches!"

Watch out, ROCKY is here!!

http://www.weather.com/news/weather-win ... t-20130222
Dcopymope
Banned

Unread post by Dcopymope »

Gracist wrote:
lux wrote:"Giant Icy Balls" sounds like the name of a rap artist. :lol:
Hahaha. Right now my county and like 55 other surrounding counties (Oklahoma) are under a "state of emergency" from a snowstorm. No giant icy balls falling from the sky to kill 9, 11, or 33 people yet though ^_^

Has snowfall always been cause for a declared state of emergency or is this due to the advent of all the local FEMA centers to get everyone accustomed to seasonal weather being a horrifying emergency? The news has been hyping this so much here, like "bread and other staples are flying off the shelves as the winter storm approaches!"

Watch out, ROCKY is here!!

http://www.weather.com/news/weather-win ... t-20130222
If i am to assume there is some long term ulterior motive behind this hype we've been seeing, then I would say that this sounds like nothing more than a form of 'predictive programming'. They are expecting the weather to get really weird at some point in the future, like the Bible says it will, and the 'powers that be' as one would call them are just conditioning the public through various means to respond to it the way they want them to. You can expect more of the same in the article below as time goes along.

Martial law declared in New England

I for one, as well as many other people thought that last years winter was quite weird, for me it was the weirdest, because it really wasn't much of a winter at all. It barely snowed here in Detroit of all places. It was more like it was already spring time, some days like summer. This winter its suddenly looking more like normal. I don't know about this story about giant ice balls, but after all I've experienced, I'm not going to sit here and pretend that nature isn't starting to go wacko.

When the winters warm:
full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWbic30BrPg
Gracist
Banned

Unread post by Gracist »

Dcopymope wrote:
If i am to assume there is some long term ulterior motive behind this hype we've been seeing, then I would say that this sounds like nothing more than a form of 'predictive programming'. They are expecting the weather to get really weird at some point in the future, like the Bible says it will, and the 'powers that be' as one would call them are just conditioning the public through various means to respond to it the way they want them to. You can expect more of the same in the article below as time goes along.

I for one, as well as many other people thought that last years winter was quite weird, for me it was the weirdest, because it really wasn't much of a winter at all. It barely snowed here in Detroit of all places. It was more like it was already spring time, some days like summer. This winter its suddenly looking more like normal. I don't know about this story about giant ice balls, but after all I've experienced, I'm not going to sit here and pretend that nature isn't starting to go wacko.

When the winters warm:
Last year's winter was warm and dry in Oklahoma, with a strange late freeze after I planted my tomatoes (end of May.) Several weeks later than usual for the area. That led into one of the worst droughts in history since the Dust Bowl and then a series of weird earthquakes. This winter had also been warm and springlike. In fact, it's been so warm that I haven't had occasion to wear my winter coat and I just built a raised bed garden and planted an apple tree right before this Rocky storm. This snow was also accompanied by thunder and 70 mph wind.
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

Minnesota has been alternating between non-winters and absurdly cold fluffy ones that last too long.

i.e.; 2010 winter was bitter cold and the last snow was in May 2011! Christmas 2011 was little more than a cool breeze, but then this winter has gotten back to -40 windchill in piles of snow and it's relenting to spring now. I could be wrong about nobody alive being old enough to say whether we are off-kilter or not, but I wonder if what's happening could be described as 'imbalance' -- like a spinning top swaying in the extremes before a collapse or correction.

Earth has its self-corrective measures, but it's hard to read 'er sometimes, and I've experienced many different seasons with nothing absolutely disastrous. Aren't we overdue for an ice age, or is that another NASA rumor? I doubt the Bible "predicted" anything; people just read into it what they want. In my opinion, what we should be looking at is records of past events, not predictions.
Dcopymope
Banned

Gracist wrote:
Dcopymope wrote:

When the winters warm:
Last year's winter was warm and dry in Oklahoma, with a strange late freeze after I planted my tomatoes (end of May.) Several weeks later than usual for the area. That led into one of the worst droughts in history since the Dust Bowl and then a series of weird earthquakes. This winter had also been warm and springlike. In fact, it's been so warm that I haven't had occasion to wear my winter coat and I just built a raised bed garden and planted an apple tree right before this Rocky storm. This snow was also accompanied by thunder and 70 mph wind.
If we start seeing snow during whats supposed to be spring and summer season like they did in Australia then no one can deny that nature is indeed freaking out than, unless they keep listening to the media where they will continue to give them lame excuses for it.

Odd Weather Patterns Bring Summer Snow To Australia: http://www.redorbit.com/news/science/19 ... australia/
Sisterlover

Unread post by Sisterlover »

Mysterious purple, 'alien' eggs appear in desert following meteor!??

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZU6YIWmI_k

...There's a product out there for outdoor croppers, basically a polymer, that retains water, thus negating the need to water your plants frequently. It kinda looks like this.
Gracist
Banned

Unread post by Gracist »

New England martial law because of "the weather." Jail time for going outside. That is exactly the kind of thing I've been watching for. I've been seeing this creeping in more and more of total control. Like for instance my small rural town now has a curfew for the public park. No one allowed in the park from sunset to sunrise. This just happened in 2012 and this is a town of around 4000.
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

No offense to the topic but isn't this all getting a bit alarmist?

Mother Earth has been "freaking out" (in very much a good way) since life appeared on its surface.

Weird weather has been reported since time immemorial. Before posting further "Strange Weather" stories, can you please accompany these posts with evidence that there is no precedence for them?
Gracist
Banned

Unread post by Gracist »

hoi.polloi wrote:No offense to the topic but isn't this all getting a bit alarmist?

Mother Earth has been "freaking out" (in very much a good way) since life appeared on its surface.

Weird weather has been reported since time immemorial. Before posting further "Strange Weather" stories, can you please accompany these posts with evidence that there is no precedence for them?
Sure, I'm not trying to be alarmist.
edgewaters

Unread post by edgewaters »

I would have to say the weather has felt decidedly wrong over the last decade or so and particularly in the last 2-3 years.

As far as declaring a state of emergency, it's a rather new phenomenon to declare it over a snow storm or hail or whatnot.

In the 1930s, the central plains region of the US and Canada underwent a massive drought. Millions fled their homes and up to half a million became outright refugees. The drought began in 1930 and lasted until 1938. I have not been able to find any evidence that martial law was ever declared, and this newspaper article shows that in 1935 - five years after the drought began, and on April 23, over a week after a series of terrible dust-storms on the 14th known as "Black Sunday", the government still hadn't declared martial law and was being asked to (not to put troops on the street but to enforce soil-conservation measures). Five years after it had begun, a whole state left practically deserted, with hundreds of thousands homeless and probably an untold number of dead from poverty, homelessness, etc, and they still hadn't declared a state of emergency.

Now a hailstorm or big snowfall and they declare before it even happens, because a few people - perhaps you could even count them on your fingers, as in this case of 9 people - might get hurt or killed. It hardly seems appropriate. I don't know if they're conditioning us for bad weather, I think they're probably getting us used to state of emergencies being declared at the drop of a hat, often pre-emptively over events that might not even end up being significant at all. Or as we now know, over events that probably never even occurred at all.
Dcopymope
Banned

Gracist wrote:New England martial law because of "the weather." Jail time for going outside. That is exactly the kind of thing I've been watching for. I've been seeing this creeping in more and more of total control. Like for instance my small rural town now has a curfew for the public park. No one allowed in the park from sunset to sunrise. This just happened in 2012 and this is a town of around 4000.
Yep, its the boiling frog method, or the totalitarian tip toe. All of society will be on total lock down before most people even realize it, assuming they realize it at all, as the majority are instantly suggestible anyway. Regardless of a curfew though, I'm sure no one would want to be outside in the end when 75/100 pound hailstones start falling at great speeds (about 370 miles per hour or more by most peoples calculations) like a massive mortar or artillery barrage from heaven, and I have no intention of being here when it comes.
And there fell upon men a great hail out of heaven, every stone about the weight of a talent: and men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail; for the plague thereof was exceeding great. - Rev 16:21
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

Dcopymope wrote:
And there fell upon men a great hail out of heaven, every stone about the weight of a talent: and men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail; for the plague thereof was exceeding great. - Rev 16:21
Any idea about when this will happen? I need to protect my tomato plants with some heavy armor plates !