The "insurgency" in Syria, 2011- 2013

Anything on the news and elsewhere in the media with evidence of digital manipulation, bogus story-lines and propaganda
icarusinbound

Re: The "insurgency" in Syria, 2011- 2013

Unread post by icarusinbound »

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/com ... 86680.html
Robert Fisk- In Iraq, we went to war on the
basis of lies originally uttered by
fakers and conmen. Now it’s war
by YouTube. This doesn’t mean
that the terrible images of the
gassed and dying Syrian civilians
are false. It does mean that any
evidence to the contrary is going
to have to be suppressed. For
example, no-one is going to be
interested in persistent reports in
Beirut that three Hezbollah
members – fighting alongside
government troops in Damascus
– were apparently struck down
by the same gas on the same
day, supposedly in tunnels. They
are now said to be undergoing
treatment in a Beirut hospital. So
if Syrian government forces used
gas, how come Hezbollah men
might have been stricken too?
Blowback?
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

Ugh. Now I'm hearing comparisons between the Syrian "chemical weapon" stories to the "A-bombing" of Hiroshima. Perhaps they are closer than they imagine?
bostonterrierowner

Unread post by bostonterrierowner »

I call bullshit on this imminent Syrian war . I hope I am not wrong and it is only saber rattling and a perfect "news" to manipulate stock and commodity markets .
mnew9

Unread post by mnew9 »

I am constantly amazed by how the gormless public are continually being taken in by the US propaganda fed world media.
When I first saw the "shocking" news reports coming out of the Middle East, revealing supposed chemical attacks instigated on Syrian people by it's own government, I knew straight away that it was more media BS and what it would lead to!
Now we have it. The good old U.S. of A., the world's saviors, has "proof" that the chemical attacks came from the Syrian government :huh: and has decided on that "proof" that a military strike against Syria is required.
Has everyone forgotten the infamous "weapons of mass destruction" debacle in Iraq?
I despair of this world, I really do!
warriorhun

Unread post by warriorhun »

Dear fellow forumers,

Please take look at any one of the Syrian gas attack victim videos, any or every one provided by the Media, for example this one:

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmux0xmrXUU

Tell me, for fuck's sweet sake: you are Assad troops, and you just gassed an area. Or you are rebels, learning Assad troops were gassing the area.

1. WOULD YOU GO INTO THE GASSED AREA WITHOUT FULL ABC (Atomic-Biological-Chemical) PROTECTIVE CLOTHING OR NOT?

2. WOULD YOU LIVE TO TELL THE TALE IF YOU WENT IN WITH A SIMPLE RUBBER GLOVE AS PROTECTION? Ok, it was Sarin attack, non-persistent GB BUT: DID THEY KNOW IT WAS SARIN/GB BEFORE THEY WENT INTO THE AREA, AND NOT VX OR ANYTHING PERSISTENT, LET ALONE BIOLOGICAL? THEY KNEW FUCK ALL, SO-GO TO POINT 1.!

Fuck me, they can not be serious: Syrian people will die by the hundreds, no, by the thousands, at "our" troops' hands based on THIS SHIT? And these people, our so-called leaders are SERIOUS and IN POWER? :puke:
Dcopymope
Banned

Unread post by Dcopymope »

President Obama Invites You To Meet Our Newest Allies- The Syrian Rebels!:
full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ4LhhKDP8Y

This reminds me of the Mexican drug cartels who will cut your head clean off with a chainsaw on tape, pretty hardcore. As cool as this type of footage is to me, I notice a pattern with the absolute worst bunch coming out of the woodwork to wreck havoc when society plummets into chaos this way.
icarusinbound

Exactly so, Warriorhun.

And photographs published in UK Sunday newspapers show 'professional' United Nations weapons inspectors, some dressed in shirts with rolled-up sleeves. One picture in the Sunday Mail is noteworthy for this (will look for an on-line version), coupled with an improbable combination of layered gloves.

Also- see http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a26_1377449093
 Experts Doubt Syrian Chemical Weapons Claims

Preliminary Evidence Indicates that the Syrian Government Did NOT Launch a Chemical Weapon Attack Against Its People

CBS News reports that the U.S. is finalizing plans for war against Syria – and positioning ships to launch cruise missiles against the Syrian government – based on the claim that the Syrian government used chemical weapons against its people.
...but the latest context is that Obama has put the videogame unexpectedly on pause...no Gulf War OP DESERT FOX, for now. Is this just extended foreplay, I wonder?

I loved the British political minister for defence referring to the leader of Syria as being 'President Saddam'...some accurate commentary at last. Perhaps Hitler was really Kaiser Bill as well.
Dcopymope
Banned

Unread post by Dcopymope »

Cool footage of Syrian rebels beheading pro-government civilians:
full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3osKV8ODT4
daozen

Unread post by daozen »

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FhA1w-HMS4

Sorry Hoi, you are right. Let me attemp a caption to this video:

Last edited by daozen on Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

Excuse me, sorry, but may I just ask: why are we posting and watching news clips and alarmist videos with no commentary, analysis, skepticism, or anything else we'd otherwise value on this site? What is the point? Let's do our relatively easy job and get to ridiculing this shit. Asking the questions that need to be asked. It's not that hard to just add a little WTF after posting, at the very least.

This entire thing is patently absurd. In fact, I am pretty sure it's a simulation employing a few patented simulation tricks, probably brought to us by Lockheed and Oracle and Rockwell Collins.

Number one, the videos of "photos" of a "brutal chemical attack" - where is the sign that this is actually what it is purported to be? There are what appear to be healthy individuals laying on a floor in orderly fashion with perfectly clean looking clothes and clean healthy looking skin. They are appearing reposed and normal.

We see an explosion. We hear some broken English meandering through a script and adding, "Is this real?"

We have commentators that stand in for normal commentators — I guess this is a kind of comical way of saying the story is too serious for even the dry irony of the stern-faced talking heads we're used to. The second fellow who appears in the video above has unusually shiny oddly compressed skin and appears to be composited into the scene. One commentator is allegedly an interviewer at home in some suburban haven? Is there nobody on the scene across the world? Why don't we know how she was put in touch with this local Syrian-esque character? And who the heck is "he" anyway?
warriorhun

Unread post by warriorhun »

Dear hoi.polloi,

you say:
Asking the questions that need to be asked. It's not that hard to just add a little WTF after posting, at the very least.
Indeed, I agree. Questions? I do have questions! Like these:

Q1. So, supposedly based on some fake Media reports about "Syrian gas attack" in order to convince the Western viewers, now Obama is asking the U.S. Congress to approve war against Syria.The reason for going to war against Syria then is evidently not any gas attack. What is the real, hidden reason for the proposed war then? Who's interests are followed through, because neither the present civil war, nor the proposed war is really in American interests, let alone European interests. Maybe Israel, probably to settle things about the Golan Heights for once and for all?

Q2. There are fake reports from the Syrian civil war. If there will be an intervention, how much of the reporting about that intervention will be reliable? Easy answer, none - but then, what will really happen during the intervention?

Q3. How much of the information that we have on the recent wars, like the Iraq war, was/is reliable? Because based mainly on the Iraq war, the general world-view of the U.S.A. today is pretty much the "untouchable, hypocrityc agressor", isn't it? Well, this opinion is the result of the Media coverage of the recent war - meaning this must have been the desired effect to achieve in the minds of the viewers world-wide in the first place! So, why is this very negative opinion being favourable for the U.S. interests? Maybe a new type of power prtojection, signalling to the world "we can mass-murder with impunity, so do as we say or else"?

Q4. According to the news, the U.S. intelligence is relying upon Israeli intelligence in the Middle East: the "Syria gas attack" was supposedly confirmed by Syrian Govt./Military phone-calls being intercepted by the Israelis. But are the Americans really relying on the Mossad? If yes (which I doubt), then what's the point of admitting it? Isn't that like telling the whole world that the U.S. intelligence is led by the nose (no pun intended here :) )by the Israelis, or an open admission that the U.S. is controlled by Israeli lobbies? I mean, it is open secret, but why the full admission of this fact? Simple bragging from the Jewish side of the Media, or what?
JLapage

Unread post by JLapage »

Anderson Cooper of CNN broadcasting lies again
http://2012thebigpicture.wordpress.com/ ... on-videos/
actors playing victims of alleged indiscriminate fire.
icarusinbound

This is one of the few 'Syrian kids' pictures that is actually humorous, rather than being disturbing. Surely this is just overt joke image fabrication, via Photoshop 101?

http://www.fotoforensics.com/analysis.p ... 0b8.303663

http://www.newswhip.com/MoreInfo/Doctor ... o/67910439

Re the dead kids-in-rows pictures (which I'm not sure how to begin interpreting)...I'm not getting the poses. Or the lack of defecation/cyanosis. If they are actually directly-synthesised images, why not go for greater realism?

(I heard on UK NPR tonight that the French were able to record visually the attacks taking place, using their satellites. That's a curious development..am looking forward to see those pictures)
pov603

Unread post by pov603 »

The Oslo and Anuj Bidve Red Roses are back! Yay!
Rudy Algera

Unread post by Rudy Algera »

Actors used to fool us again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG_BhXM26UA