THE "CHATBOX"

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest
pov603

Re: THE "CHATBOX"

Unread post by pov603 »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hary_Tanoesoedibjo
Recently caught a glimpse of an interview with this guy on CCTV; Indonesian media tycoon Harry Tanoesoedibjo, who seems to be vying for the Indonesian Presidential race as Vice-President.
Only posting this as one thing he said during the interview regarding media in Indonesia was that he wanted to model his on one already in place in Mexico which [paraphrasing] 'controlled everything from start to finish' and he then went on to expand on his vision for his company which included news outlets and talent providers.
It struck me as so nonchalant how he dropped both types of 'media' so to speak, one 'real' and the other 'unreal'/'surreal' in the same sentence.
Might be one to watch out for in the near future.
Lazlo

Unread post by Lazlo »

pov603 wrote:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hary_Tanoesoedibjo
Recently caught a glimpse of an interview with this guy on CCTV; Indonesian media tycoon Harry Tanoesoedibjo, who seems to be vying for the Indonesian Presidential race as Vice-President.
Only posting this as one thing he said during the interview regarding media in Indonesia was that he wanted to model his on one already in place in Mexico which [paraphrasing] 'controlled everything from start to finish' and he then went on to expand on his vision for his company which included news outlets and talent providers.
It struck me as so nonchalant how he dropped both types of 'media' so to speak, one 'real' and the other 'unreal'/'surreal' in the same sentence.
Might be one to watch out for in the near future.
This is the same way that it is in the U.S. The word media was ostensibly adopted because its predecessor the phrase the press was becoming anachronistic but in reality the real reason was to create the obfuscations that you have pointed out in your statement: "It struck me as so nonchalant how he dropped both types of 'media' so to speak, one 'real' and the other 'unreal'/'surreal' in the same sentence."

Examples of the blur:

"Media bias is the bias or perceived bias of journalists and news producers......" Here they are talking about "the news"

"Many would agree that some strides have been made in how the media portray women in film, television and magazines...." Here they are talking about "popular culture."

The idea is to conflate the two so that someone who is partaking of the latter "media" as in reading People Magazine or watching a movie with a false intellectual premise like Shakespeare in Love is given a false sense of participation in the kinds of intellectual discourse that people speak of when the evoke the idea of, say, an informed electorate.
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

CALCIFIED LIES

I would like to introduce you all to the writings of "Calcified Lies" - a deep and sophisticated thinker if there ever was one (even though some of his stuff is "over-my-top occultish"). Here are two short, selected gems / extracts from his blog, which I encourage you to get familiar with:
CalcifiedLies wrote:
"Based on my own research this is very interesting because there is sufficient evidence available to raise the question of whether these 4 events [Atom bombs on Japan /JFK murder / Moon landing / 9/11 'terror attack'] actually happened anywhere other than on a television screen."

(...)

"Moreover is it beginning to make sense why they would fake nuclear bombs, moon landings and planes flying into buildings? Not only does it push us towards the globalized post human outcome, but it is also a purer, less messy form of alchemy, causing an idea to be adopted into the belief system of the entire world through what essentially amounts to a giant prank – metaphorically turning it from lead to gold – the ultimate masturbatory ego stroke for the black magicians."

http://calcifiedlies.wordpress.com/2014 ... /#more-133
For all I know, Calcified Lies may even already be a member of this forum (posting under another moniker / handle). But if he isn't, I can only hope he will join us - one day or another - and share his thoughts and musings with us from time to time.
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

"metaphorically turning it from lead to gold" How correct he is.

Magic: The art of turning superstition into coin. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Adams

But how wrong he is. " That being said, the issue is a bit more complex than just saying everything was fake, which is of course the talking point they have used to poison the well [..] I have no doubt that innocent people died because of the 9/11 psychic ritual".

http://calcifiedlies.wordpress.com/2014 ... /#more-133
ShaneG

Unread post by ShaneG »

Hmm, I wonder what he means by "the 9/11 psychic ritual".

Speaking of 9/11, I've been discussing certain conspiracies with people online lately, and have pointed them in the direction of the work that's been done by members of this forum. What I've noticed is that people are more open to giving documentaries such as September clues a watch, as opposed to reading the information on the forum. I think it harps back to that old chestnut, 'don't believe everything you read on the internet', whereas people are susceptible to tv programming and thus more likely to be visual learners.

The point that I'm getting at, is that perhaps the outdated parts of September clues could be done away with, so to speak. I must admit, I've never watched it myself, because I read the forum first and learned it was likely that nobody died on 9/11, so when I started to watch the documentary and it mentions at the start about all the people who died on, and as a result of, 9/11, it put me off watching the rest.
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

ShaneG wrote:Hmm, I wonder what he means by "the 9/11 psychic ritual".

Speaking of 9/11, I've been discussing certain conspiracies with people online lately, and have pointed them in the direction of the work that's been done by members of this forum. What I've noticed is that people are more open to giving documentaries such as September clues a watch, as opposed to reading the information on the forum. I think it harps back to that old chestnut, 'don't believe everything you read on the internet', whereas people are susceptible to tv programming and thus more likely to be visual learners.

The point that I'm getting at, is that perhaps the outdated parts of September clues could be done away with, so to speak. I must admit, I've never watched it myself, because I read the forum first and learned it was likely that nobody died on 9/11, so when I started to watch the documentary and it mentions at the start about all the people who died on, and as a result of, 9/11, it put me off watching the rest.
Yes, I know what you mean Shane! The 'missile stuff' gets me a bit! I would love to see it revised, but I imagine it would be a huge task.
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

ShaneG wrote: The point that I'm getting at, is that perhaps the outdated parts of September clues could be done away with, so to speak. I must admit, I've never watched it myself, because I read the forum first and learned it was likely that nobody died on 9/11, so when I started to watch the documentary and it mentions at the start about all the people who died on, and as a result of, 9/11, it put me off watching the rest.
Oh well... to 'my defense', let me say this:

The very first caption of my (2008) September Clues goes :

"This research is dedicated to all the innocents killed on - and as a consequence of - 9/11".

At the time, I had not looked into the (fake) victims of 9/11. I was concentrating on the fake imagery aired by the TV networks that day. Yet, please note that I mentioned those who were killed "AS A CONSEQUENCE OF 9/11". I'm still pretty sure that folks (in foreign lands) were killed AS A CONSEQUENCE OF 9/11. But alright folks, ideally speaking I should probably do an updated version of SC... a huge task indeed...

As for my initial "missile theory", I actually made it clear - early on - that it was just a hypothesis and a secondary issue. Here are a few lines from my website (which I probably should update and amend asap! - so thanks for the reminder, Brian!):
"THE MISSILE HYPOTHESIS: Arguably, what witnesses saw was a winged, plane-shaped missile."
(...)
"Ultimately, determining the precise object that flew into the WTC is a secondary issue:
the bottom line is that the bulk of witness reports provide no support to the official 'BOEING 767' story."
http://www.septemberclues.org/faq_4.shtml
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

simonshack wrote:
ShaneG wrote: The point that I'm getting at, is that perhaps the outdated parts of September clues could be done away with, so to speak. I must admit, I've never watched it myself, because I read the forum first and learned it was likely that nobody died on 9/11, so when I started to watch the documentary and it mentions at the start about all the people who died on, and as a result of, 9/11, it put me off watching the rest.
Oh well... to 'my defense', let me say this:

The very first caption of my (2008) September Clues goes :

"This research is dedicated to all the innocents killed on - and as a consequence of - 9/11".

At the time, I had not looked into the (fake) victims of 9/11. I was concentrating on the fake imagery aired by the TV networks that day. Yet, please note that I mentioned those who were killed "AS A CONSEQUENCE OF 9/11". I'm still pretty sure that folks (in foreign lands) were killed AS A CONSEQUENCE OF 9/11. But alright folks, ideally speaking I should probably do an updated version of SC... a huge task indeed...

As for my initial "missile theory", I actually made it clear - early on - that it was just a hypothesis and a secondary issue. Here are a few lines from my website (which I probably should update and amend asap! - so thanks for the reminder, Brian!):
"THE MISSILE HYPOTHESIS: Arguably, what witnesses saw was a winged, plane-shaped missile."
(...)
"Ultimately, determining the precise object that flew into the WTC is a secondary issue:
the bottom line is that the bulk of witness reports provide no support to the official 'BOEING 767' story."
http://www.septemberclues.org/faq_4.shtml
Bravo Simon and sorry to have made more work for you.
scud

Unread post by scud »

Highly enjoyable listening was Ab’s radio show http://fakeologist.com/2014/05/31/ep110 ... iscussion/ with Paul Clark (“Science Frontier”), Hoi and Simon last night, many thanks chaps.

‘How do we know...yet it’s taught as absolute and incontrovertible fact?’ (Van Allen radiation belts) Yes, one of my great bug-bears and reminded me of a video that I stumbled upon a couple of weeks ago...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLLxfwgEbM0

Indeed, it’s not just ‘space’ but the other way too. Pisses me off that my little one will be persuaded that something similar to this...
...is ‘fact’ without any experimental evidence whatsoever.

As with many other seemingly momentous findings that should have at least sparked rational and open debate, most data from the ‘Kola ultra-deep borehole’ appears to have been suppressed even though drilling went on for 23 years (13 to reach a depth of 12Km...the last decade to add only a further 260m).
bostonterrierowner

Unread post by bostonterrierowner »

in 1999 China announced "Going out" policy. Its point was to put emphasis on and encourage outbound foreign investment throughout the world. It was a major policy shift because before China was "investing" almost exclusively in US T-bonds. This is exactly what the Pax Americana is about. Of course by this decision PRC posed a challenge to the anglo-amecrican hegemony. Check this graph out :

Well this decision coincided with "war on terror" :)

IMHO control over and "pushing out" Chinese capital from various regions rules current geopolitical dynamics. There is plenty of evidence to further support my thesis.

Just sharing a thought...
CitronBleu

Re: Does Rocketry Work in the Vacuum?

Unread post by CitronBleu »

Hi Simon,

Thank you for your great insight, as usual. I am a great admirer of your work. This peculiar debate however does not seem to find any sensible resolution.

Ought we not to leave, therefore, the physics of rocketry to the physicists?

Perhaps we should look forward to the day, the time when a physicist will join us, who will not only be an expert in his art, but also a Teacher, and illuminate the darkness of our ignorance?

It may be best to leave it to a future, international court of justice to determine what and how much has been accomplished...
I, Gestalta

Unread post by I, Gestalta »

CitronBleu wrote:Hi Simon,

Thank you for your great insight, as usual. I am a great admirer of your work. This peculiar debate however does not seem to find any sensible resolution.

Ought we not to leave, therefore, the physics of rocketry to the physicists?

Perhaps we should look forward to the day, the time when a physicist will join us, who will not only be an expert in his art, but also a Teacher, and illuminate the darkness of our ignorance?

It may be best to leave it to a future, international court of justice to determine what and how much has been accomplished...

Yeah, I have to agree with you here. We should all just pack it up and head home. Who needs Cluesforum when we've got geniuses like Neil Degrasse Tyson and Jim Fetzer to tell us how things really are? I find that a life of being intellectually dictated to is far less a fruitless endeavor than applied, critical thought.
CitronBleu

Hi I, Gestalta,

Because you call these despicable entities physicists? I call them for what they are: shameless propagandists.
CitronBleu

EDIT
Last edited by CitronBleu on Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
I, Gestalta

Unread post by I, Gestalta »

CitronBleu wrote:Hi I, Gestalta,

Because you call these despicable entities physicists? I call them for what they are: shameless propagandists.
It makes no difference whether the hypothetical individual is on the level or not. The point is that surrendering your ability to reason to a perceived intellectual authority figure in any capacity is the antithesis of what this forum is about. It's not to say that one cannot learn from another person with slightly-to-much more experience, but to refrain from discussing and analyzing any point(s) of contention in the meantime is anything but beneficial to reaching an understanding of, well, just about anything.

Should I have held off on mastering my musical recordings until I met an "officially-recognized" sound engineer to show me the ins and outs of multi-band compression and the downfalls of brickwall limiting, instead of studying, honing and experimenting with the craft, myself?

Ugh. Fuck credentialism.

edit: Redundant "or not".
Last edited by I, Gestalta on Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.