Hurricane Sandy

This is the forum dedicated to all 'minor' local psyops - phony murders, kidnappings and whatnot. It has now become evident that the news media constantly feeds the public with entirely fake stories - in order to keep us in eternal fear of our next-door neighbours and fellow citizens.
fbenario

Re: Hurricane Sandy

Unread post by fbenario »

Hoi, didn't you or Simon fairly recently change the forum's coding so that a user can only edit - and thus potentially delete - a prior post for a short time after originally posting? If not, could you now fix the site so no one (other than a mod) can revise or delete a prior post?
Cobra Commander

Unread post by Cobra Commander »

michiganj wrote:Dear Cobra, I'm curious as to why you re-sized and cropped this image that you say you took yourself from a nearby rooftop. Today's megapixel cameras are capable of taking much larger photos. The hosting site postimg.org allows images up to 1600x1200 pixels. Do you have an original larger and wider photo that you could share?

Thanks
Are you questioning the validity of my photo and implying I may have faked it??? I thought the photo resize was enough to see what I described, and never thought it would be questioned. Well, here's the image in it's full glory. 1936 x 2592 pixels taken with my Iphone 4 (5 megapixel camera), date taken 11/25/2012 at 10:28 AM...

Back on topic with what Sunshine05 was discussing...

I think my photo was taken in Ocean Grove, NJ, which is 30 miles north of Seaside Heights, so I didn't get to see if that town was just a movie set. I know I was fairly close to Seaside Heights with other claims worked, and may have been there, but I didn't see anything that damaged anywhere, and didn't see that famous boardwalk. Some missing shingles, some missing siding, and some knocked down fences. I saw worse damage working Hurricane Ike in OHIO and KENTUCKY of all places :lol: than anything from Sandy.

It's funny that you mention that you could have rented the apartment from the show Jersey Shore, cause it made me think about how fairly easy it was for me to get a hotel room close to my work at the Tinton Falls, NJ Red Roof Inn. This is odd, because in most hurricanes you have displaced communities, contractors, and adjusters all fighting to get a hotel room within an hour drive distance from where their work will be.
bostonterrierowner

Unread post by bostonterrierowner »

Are you questioning the validity of my photo and implying I may have faked it???
Take it easy Cobra, our business here is all about questioning "stuff" do not take shit personally :)

Keep up the good work and stay vigilant.

BTW since you are a "natural disaster insider" ( no pun/disrespect intended ) please help me understand how they are able to get away with such gigantic insurance scams. For somebody to cash in there must be other party being shafted , double entry accounting. I can't believe that big insurance corps. let the others help themselves to their wallets. How does this shit work? I know that tax payers always pay in the end but what are the mechanics of the trade?

What about the other appraisers ? You must talk to your coleagues while in the field working on stuff. There must be lots of WTF moments.
sunshine05

Unread post by sunshine05 »

Thanks, CC. Yes, it is interesting that you were able to get a hotel room so close by.

The whole story was so odd because they made a huge deal out of the coaster in the water, the amusement park wreckage, boardwalk shops destroyed by "Sandy", then the following spring showed all the boardwalk shops opening. It was a major news story. I kept looking at the place and it didn't seem right. The place seemed like a dump. No one would go there to vacation. Then the giant fire wipes the whole boardwalk out again, lol. They blamed that on failed wiring caused by water damage from Sandy. There must be federal funds from Sandy and they got to cash in twice.

By the way, I often reduce the size of photos before posting them here to avoid using too much bandwidth on the site.
Cobra Commander

bostonterrierowner wrote:
Are you questioning the validity of my photo and implying I may have faked it???
Take it easy Cobra, our business here is all about questioning "stuff" do not take shit personally :)

Keep up the good work and stay vigilant.

BTW since you are a "natural disaster insider" ( no pun/disrespect intended ) please help me understand how they are able to get away with such gigantic insurance scams. For somebody to cash in there must be other party being shafted , double entry accounting. I can't believe that big insurance corps. let the others help themselves to their wallets. How does this shit work? I know that tax payers always pay in the end but what are the mechanics of the trade?

What about the other appraisers ? You must talk to your coleagues while in the field working on stuff. There must be lots of WTF moments.
If they would have just asked the question differently, like "Can you share the photo in its original format", I would have responded with just "Here you go", but their question to me look like they were questioning if I was on a roof at all. Sometimes there is a better, more friendly way to ask a question.

There's a lot of questionable things that go on inside the insurance industry. One that I can tell you about was the BP oil spill. I'm an independent adjuster, so I only get work during what they call CATs (catastrophes). If there is no CAT, there is not much work. With the BP oil spill, they only sent out a majority of rookie adjusters to work, leaving the experienced without work. Now, what is the point of sending out almost all rooks? We're they afraid the experienced adjuster was going to question the whole operation of just paying people who lived in the area? The rookies would do the job with no questions asked since they have no clue what's going on? Something was wrong about that whole situation.

As for large claims and possible fraudulent claims, they won't let an independent touch it. The staff adjusters get those, and the stories remain secrets from us indies.

Speaking of insurance policies, has anybody here elected to add the terrorism coverage to their policy yet??? Hahaha!!!

In the aftermath of September 11, 2001, the insurance industry was forced by the market and by the federal government to offer policyholders the opportunity to purchase terrorism coverage.

http://www.napia.com/news/pcma/2007-3rd-Reuwer.pdf
Cobra Commander

sunshine05 wrote:Thanks, CC. Yes, it is interesting that you were able to get a hotel room so close by.

The whole story was so odd because they made a huge deal out of the coaster in the water, the amusement park wreckage, boardwalk shops destroyed by "Sandy", then the following spring showed all the boardwalk shops opening. It was a major news story. I kept looking at the place and it didn't seem right. The place seemed like a dump. No one would go there to vacation. Then the giant fire wipes the whole boardwalk out again, lol. They blamed that on failed wiring caused by water damage from Sandy. There must be federal funds from Sandy and they got to cash in twice.

By the way, I often reduce the size of photos before posting them here to avoid using too much bandwidth on the site.
The peak of hurricane season has just started, so maybe here soon I'll be able to report on what's real and fake if there is land falling cane this year. I'll certainly be more on the look out now that I've fully awoken to this media fakery.

I've also got a story to tell about my one day working in NYC for Hurricane Sandy that might prove Simon's theory of a smokescreen was possible on 9/11. It was foggy as could be when I was there on 12/10/12. I was right at the Brooklyn end of the Brooklyn Bridge, and could not see a single building in Manhattan. Brooklyn, Queens, on the Verrazano (BTW... That bridge didn't walk when I was on it), etc..., and nothing. You can be right there, and a fog or smokescreen can obscure everything where you can't see shit. His theory is very possible. Here's a photo somebody put of the Verrazano on 12/10/12 to show how foggy it was, and how visibility of NYC could be difficult in a fog/smoke scenario...

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/59414209@N00/8262444511/
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

Hey Cobra Commander, don't take anything personally on this site. Don't get emotionally invested. We are all pretty suspicious of one another in this kind of heavily gate-kept area of research and if you have an honest response you want to share, go for it with the confidence that you are not besmirched just because someone thinks you are a shill. It's about the research we share with the public, foremost. And if your research shines and your identity does not advance sim fakery, you are probably golden.

Sorry for the interjection.
Cobra Commander

hoi.polloi wrote:Hey Cobra Commander, don't take anything personally on this site. Don't get emotionally invested. We are all pretty suspicious of one another in this kind of heavily gate-kept area of research and if you have an honest response you want to share, go for it with the confidence that you are not besmirched just because someone thinks you are a shill. It's about the research we share with the public, foremost. And if your research shines and your identity does not advance sim fakery, you are probably golden.

Sorry for the interjection.
Honestly Hoi, I'm not offended personally. Their questioned could have been asked in a more respectful manner, and I was just letting them know. If the same question would have been asked by a more familiar poster on this board, would i have replied differently? Most likely. I have been reading the board since April, and know quality research is expected on this board, and really waited till I had a good grasp of these expectations before joining. That, and my name was mentioned in the Vicsim memorial fraud thread on page 88. Had to join after that. ;)

I won't derail this thread any longer. I'm sure I'll have a lot to add here in the future on the media and catastrophes, and the insurance industry. I can get into more detail about the insurance scam side like bostonterrior mentioned. I just have to make sure my info doesn't get me in trouble with NDA's and security agreements I've repeatedly had to sign. Anything that I do report on here can not be from my own claims worked, and some insurance carrier inside info, or I might find myself blacklisted, and never able to work insurance adjusting again.
Evil Edna
Banned

Unread post by Evil Edna »

Cobra Commander wrote:
bostonterrierowner wrote:since you are a "natural disaster insider" ( no pun/disrespect intended ) please help me understand how they are able to get away with such gigantic insurance scams. For somebody to cash in there must be other party being shafted , double entry accounting. I can't believe that big insurance corps. let the others help themselves to their wallets. How does this shit work? I know that tax payers always pay in the end but what are the mechanics of the trade?
I'm sure I'll have a lot to add here in the future on the media and catastrophes, and the insurance industry. I can get into more detail about the insurance scam side like bostonterrior mentioned.
That's what I'm waiting for with bated breath :) Hopefully, you can give us your own insight into the mechanics of insurance fraud, CC. Not just the petty inflated insurance claims from the consumer level. But the massive, psyop-driven insurance swindles. The "hurricanes" that, in truth, never registered on the Beaufort Scale, but which nevertheless "caused $250 billion storm damage" :blink: Or the "crashed airliners" loaded with rows and rows of fictitious vicsims, that, in reality, never took off. How do those insurance scams work? A case of follow the money to the very top??

What if the owners of the insurance underwriting syndicates are themselves in on the fake-storm psyops? What if they hoax a storm, or a plane crash - with the connivance of the media - to swindle their own, ever-trusting, syndicate members - the so-called Names of the insurance industry, who actually underwrite a risk, with their own collateral?

Is that how you see it working, CobraCommander? If so, the entire industry from Lloyds of London downwards must be riddled with fraud. And the syndicate owners must have been swindling their own Names since the "Great Fire of London" (another hoax?) and before that :o

We've only got to look at the media reports from 1912 about the "Sinking of the Titanic" to see how Lloyds of London, for centuries the HQ for marine insurance, was deeply involved in that Hoax.

Through the US and British press, Lloyds was quick to reassure the market that the underwriting risk for the Titanic had been spread *very widely* across many Names. In other words, don't be spooked! No need to flight your capital to avoid paying up, as no individual Lloyds Name is going to be bankrupted over this! That's often the most effective way of pulling off any financial scam. Swindle a little from a lot. That way they hardly feel it, individually. Far less painful to cream off a few thousand bucks from each of the thousands of Names, than to totally bankrupt just a few of them. Lloyds, in common with every parasite, is assiduous never to kill off its hosts - not while it can suck their blood, time and again! With your expert insider view, does that sound about right, CC?

Does this EIR article from 1996 - "Lloyds of London - its thefts kept it afloat" -- do justice to the enormity of insurance fraud?
Last edited by Evil Edna on Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bostonterrierowner

What if the owners of the insurance underwriting syndicates are themselves in on the fake-storm psyops? What if they hoax a storm, or a plane crash - with the connivance of the media - to swindle their own, ever-trusting, syndicate members - the so-called Names of the insurance industry, who actually underwrite a risk, with their own collateral?
You are on a right trail EE but "syndicate members" are the common shareholders, your and my person included via pension funds, soverign wealth funds etc. :) The same scum works in professional sports with the ridiculously high compensations for "stars". I am not saying that they do not make a nice living but there is now way that these athletes pocket the sums approaching even hundreds of millions of dollars.

Cream goes to the thieves on the very top, politicians are bribed on the way and the sheeple is left holding the bags. There is also a nice tax "shield" benefit coming with these "losses".

My much older American friend had this theory about what the difference between republican and democratic parties in the US is. They both shit on the common people but the republicans dump used toilet paper on them and use them as a doormat afterwards :)
Evil Edna
Banned

Unread post by Evil Edna »

bostonterrierowner wrote:You are on a right trail EE but "syndicate members" are the common shareholders, your and my person included via pension funds, sovereign wealth funds etc. :)
When we think of these psyop-driven insurance swindles, we imagine shadowy sims or agents posing as the vicsim families. Filing fraudulent claims for fake deaths of phony loved-ones. And then, under cover of darkness, collecting the eye-watering cheques of settlement from dodgy maildrops. :o But is all that necessary?

Wouldn't the insurance fraud element of these mind-blowing hoaxes be better managed from within High Finance? No need for sims or agents. No need for bogus claims, and all the costs and risks that they would entail. Instead, why not organise these larger swindles from the very top? e.g., by the ruling Council of Lloyds of London? Where the underwriting members, whether individual Names - or, as you note, institutional investors in an underwriting syndicate - are deliberately isolated, through collateralisation of risk, from the risks themselves?

e.g. a Name might agree to join a syndicate underwriting £100 million of life insurance business. But through that collateralisation of risk - the bundling together and then apportioning of individual risks - (a similar scam being CDOs/MBSs to dump toxic debt/paper on others) - the underwriting Name never knows the identity of anyone he's supposedly insuring. He could be underwriting a tiny proportion of thousands of separate policies. And even when he does suspect fraud, data protection and privacy laws are there to maintain a veil of anonymity, to keep a lid on it all. The first the Name probably knows about "losses" incurred is through his syndicate newsletter :blink: Just an oblique mention of crippling claims from some terrible US hurricane (that never really was); lamenting the bad year that's been had by all. :o And worse, as you've said, where the defrauded Name is a pension fund or sovereign wealth fund, there's yet another layer of obfuscation, through which the swindle is concealed from the underlying investor - the taxpayer or pension-holder.

Maybe that's why the back-stories of the vicsims and families are so shallow. All those layers of disguise - collateralisation and apportioning of risk and proxied exposure through institutional funds- are quite enough to keep the fraud safely under wraps.

This surely isn't a new scam. It has to go back to the very birth of the insurance industry -- the so-called Great Fire of London, 1666. :blink:
bostonterrierowner

e.g. a Name might agree to join a syndicate underwriting £100 million of life insurance business. But through that collateralisation of risk - the bundling together and then apportioning of individual risks - (a similar scam being CDOs/MBSs to dump toxic debt/paper on others) - the underwriting Name never knows the identity of anyone he's supposedly insuring. He could be underwriting a tiny proportion of thousands of separate policies. And even when he does suspect fraud, data protection and privacy laws are there to maintain a veil of anonymity, to keep a lid on it all. The first the Name probably knows about "losses" incurred is through his syndicate newsletter
I think that anyone, be it an individual or corporation having 100 million at disposal belongs to "smart money" crowd. If we managed to figure this stuff out they must have as well . " Fool and his money are easily parted"- as the saying goes :)

It means that claims are paid but to the cabal's pocekts. It's a job of the state to make it all legal via formal reports, appraisals, police investigations, emergency measures etc. Little man pays as always.