THE DERAILING ROOM

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest

Re: Boston Marathon- alLEGed "terror attack"- Apr15, 2013

Postby hoi.polloi on June 3rd, 2014, 9:39 pm

Oddfellow wrote:For lack of a better term yea it was a motion picture.

My main point though is that here we are presented with the same artifacts we are discussing, manifested in a major motion picture release during image stabilization software, just like the cowboy street video. They may have still done it on a green screen, but the wavy buildings are a result or the image stabilization applied, not something inherent in the video clip itself. The distinction is an important one if we are using the distortion as a earmark for what is real and what is not.

No, that's not right. It isn't exactly the same. Furthermore, the point doesn't stand — not since Hollywood is complicit in adding subliminal reinforcements of their hoaxes to movies since before the 1960's. We have shown both overt and subtle versions of explanations and excuses for their virtual reality. We have seen online entities and members of the forum stick with us for years, only to implant a single doubt in an otherwise good point being made, and then they turn out to be a sim. And one that is markedly improved from the previous sim exposed online as a sim.

So are we to assume that, suddenly, the pattern is going to stop? The creators of false online personas created to support a falsified reality are going to give up?

In any case, we don't really need to move a benchmark unless it is seriously normal for news events and we can demonstrate it is. Until then, it even remains a bit of a mystery why it happens at all. It could be many reasons.
hoi.polloi
Administrator

Postby Oddfellow on June 3rd, 2014, 10:45 pm

simonshack wrote:
Oddfellow wrote:http://www.theverge.com/2014/6/1/5769552/does-image-stabilization-make-cloverfield-a-better-movie

Some one did one of the tests for me. Here is a horrible, hand held, major motion picture release processed with image stabilization software. I see flag waving backgrounds.

I see nothing, Oddfellow - only this message:

"Update: The video has been taken offline likely because it contained the entirety of a copyrighted Hollywood movie."

So was it taken offline only hours after you posted the above link to it yesterday? Or what ? What exactly are you up to, Oddy?

The video on the page was the movie "Cloverfield". Cloverfield was a terrible monster/action/suspense movie that featured nausea inducing camera shake, as the premise was it was recorded by a guy using a HD camcorder or something similar, fleeing a large monster in a city with a group of friends. The lack of a single steady shot made many viewers more than a little motion sick or gave them headaches. This article featured the movie after image stabilization treatment, and it showed fairly stable subjects (the focus of the stabilization), and wavy backgrounds, like the cowboy video. In fairness, it also was not fully cropped, so they would center on the subject, then the border of the image would move around a bit to counter the camera shake, but the backgrounds of some of the scenes (I did not watch the entire movie) did exhibit the flag waving characteristic we have been discussing.

As far as the video being removed, I don't know what to tell ya, the article is fairly recent. I found it googling for image stabilized films. I have tried to find the source video elsewhere but am coming up short.
Oddfellow

Postby HonestlyNow on June 3rd, 2014, 11:07 pm

Oddfellow wrote:. . . that featured nausea inducing camera shake,
. . . made many viewers more than a little motion sick or gave them headaches.

So, H-ll-wood goes from regularly inserting vomit scenes into their productions . . . to creating conditions that could make them an actuality.
HonestlyNow

Postby simonshack on June 4th, 2014, 12:06 am

Oddfellow wrote: As far as the video being removed, I don't know what to tell ya, the article is fairly recent. I found it googling for image stabilized films. I have tried to find the source video elsewhere but am coming up short.

So ... did you even watch that "stabilized version of the Cloverfield" movie yourself, Oddy? If so, WHERE?
simonshack
Administrator

Postby Oddfellow on June 4th, 2014, 4:18 am

simonshack wrote:
Oddfellow wrote: As far as the video being removed, I don't know what to tell ya, the article is fairly recent. I found it googling for image stabilized films. I have tried to find the source video elsewhere but am coming up short.

So ... did you even watch that "stabilized version of the Cloverfield" movie yourself, Oddy? If so, WHERE?

Sorry I thought I made that clear. I DID watch some of it on the page I linked to originally (maybe 2 minutes worth spread out across the film, enough to verify the artifact was present), at the time the movie was up and the link worked.

ADMIN NOTICE (simon): Well, Oddfellow, enough already - I think you're full of it and am moving your "stablization argument" over to the derailing room where it belongs.
Oddfellow

Re: THE NUKE HOAX

Postby ElSushi on June 9th, 2014, 7:23 am

CB, my bad, that's what happens when you try to make sense at a late hour of the night.
For sure, this does require a certain amount of entropy and intuition (right?), thanks for pointing this little irrelevancy Monsieur CB.
ElSushi

Postby CitronBleu on June 9th, 2014, 12:54 pm

EDIT
CitronBleu
DELETED THEIR OWN POSTS :(

Postby hoi.polloi on June 17th, 2014, 5:35 am

CitronBleu,

Please provide some context or replacement content for your edits. You are disrupting the forum by replacing seemingly random posts with the word "EDIT"!
hoi.polloi
Administrator

Postby CitronBleu on June 17th, 2014, 10:19 pm

hoi.polloi wrote:CitronBleu,

Please provide some context or replacement content for your edits. You are disrupting the forum by replacing seemingly random posts with the word "EDIT"!

The Edit function is no longer available on older posts.
CitronBleu
DELETED THEIR OWN POSTS :(

Re: THE DERAILING ROOM

Postby hoi.polloi on June 18th, 2014, 12:15 am

I see. My bad for not checking up on that. Anyway, you know what I mean.

B)
hoi.polloi
Administrator

Re: THE DERAILING ROOM

Postby hoi.polloi on June 19th, 2014, 6:16 am

CitronBleu,

You have been temporarily suspended because you have gone back into a large number of your old posts this month and removed them. You posted recently something as useless as a "."

This destroys our forum and it is interpretable as sabotage, even though you have written well here and there.

Sorry if you are legit and we just need to clear this up, but until it is clear exactly what you are doing, we cannot allow it to continue as long as we have a choice in the matter. You also seem to have changed the nature of your posts since you received the FOIA documents and apparently claim to have had a panic attack, then started insisting on different terms for our forum. Please e-mail us to clear up matters so we can unban you as soon as possible. This is an emergency stopgap in case your account has been compromised.
hoi.polloi
Administrator

Re: NOT GETTING THE WORD OUT!

Postby poax a hoax on September 4th, 2014, 2:29 pm

Before i finalise my matrix of interconnected array of media bullshit, has anyone else tried to connect the dots - or at least identified any 'good-guys' >
poax a hoax

Postby Moros on September 4th, 2014, 2:37 pm

Difficult to say. A lot of it depends on whether or not this system survives. It if falls, I don't think that we'll ever know. If it manages to go into hyperdrive, then it will become immediately apparent who was "good", and who was "bad", so-to-speak.
Moros

Postby hoi.polloi on September 4th, 2014, 5:19 pm

poax a hoax wrote:Before i finalise my matrix of interconnected array of media bullshit, has anyone else tried to connect the dots - or at least identified any 'good-guys' >

Fuck this level of incoherency. You are derailing topics now. You need to slow down, read our forum requirements, read the actual forum you are on and figure out what you can do here besides drop text slobber on everything.

Start here: viewforum.php?f=32

Please do not post again until you have processed where you are. Otherwise, start a blog and get out of here.
hoi.polloi
Administrator

Re: Reviewing Hollywood snakery

Postby pov603 on September 10th, 2014, 9:11 am

One thing that has become noticeable over the last few years [and had been intermittently used in the '80s/'90s certainly] is the use of 'Real' newscasters in films where impending doom awaits, or a major 'event' has happened.
The weird thing when watching the film/TV show is the impact this has on the viewer [me, in this instance] with regard to adding to the 'suspension of disbelief' hence buying into the fantasy that the film/TV is trying to portray.
In other words it tends to make the 'story' more believable/enjoyable.
After seeing this happen time and time again, it made me realize [belatedly I will admit] how complicit the newscasters are in that they will only read what is put in front of them.
In Anchorman, this has been demonstrated with the hilarious use of the autocue to try and derail Ron Burgundy's character.
In the same way that the newscasters will repeat [parrot-fashion] endless loops of news broadcast irrespective of whether they believe in, or actually know of, the event they are commenting on shows how this can easily be applied to any 'actor' involved in the '11th Sep 2001' events, especially when the reward [or threat] of money/retainers/future work/life/liberty/limb are used.
I'm not trying to exonerate any of the newscasters but one can see how people advertently become complicit.

Edited 'once'.
Edited 'twice' if I see it...
Last edited by pov603 on September 11th, 2014, 6:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
pov603

PreviousNext

Return to THE LIVING ROOM