THE "CHATBOX"

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest
Flabbergasted
Administrator

Re: THE "CHATBOX"

Unread post by Flabbergasted »

As would-have-been-CF-member Charles Fort once said:
There would not be so much science, if people had good memories.
(The Complete Books of Charles Fort, p. 576. Dover Publications, ISBN 0-486-23094-5).
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

J.G. Ballard - The Book Programme Interview - BBC 2 TV - Audio- 04/02/1978

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBNJKAKQUb0

Pay attention @ 14:08

Book The_Space_Merchants 1952

Summary
In a vastly overpopulated world, businesses have taken the place of governments and now hold all political power. States exist merely to ensure the survival of huge trans-national corporations
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Space_Merchants
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

brianv wrote:J.G. Ballard - The Book Programme Interview - BBC 2 TV - Audio- 04/02/1978

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBNJKAKQUb0

Pay attention @ 14:08

Book The_Space_Merchants 1952

Summary
In a vastly overpopulated world, businesses have taken the place of governments and now hold all political power. States exist merely to ensure the survival of huge trans-national corporations
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Space_Merchants
Bottom line. We are living in a world of fantasies created for us by advertising executives. Consumer fantasies, airplane crash fantasies, assassination fantasies, missing children fantasies, terrorist fantasies, war fantasies, space fantasies, end-of-the-world nuclear annihilation fantasies, killer disease fantasies, political fantasies ETC ETC ETC. WE have to stop wasting years from our lives studying images made inside some advertising clown's mind and then transferred to a TV or Computer. Are we becoming like the doctor who treats the Symptom but not the Disease or the Man?
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

I see it like we are like the friend who tries to help their friend realize they are not well, and they should seek serious counsel.

Of course, we are working hard on our own problems, but we'd like everyone to be well.
Observer
Banned

Unread post by Observer »

brianv wrote:Are we becoming like the doctor who treats the Symptom but not the Disease or the Man?
hoi.polloi wrote:I see it like we are like the friend who tries to help their friend realize they are not well
Yeah BV & HP - I guess somebody has to prove to humanity, with a video experience perhaps, that humanity currently does indeed have the mental disease of foolishly assuming the computer graphic animated forged images shown on television news channels are evidence of actual events.

To prove this fact one could create a computer graphic animation experience which actually fools the viewer for awhile, and then suddenly reveals the fact that the viewer was fooled, perhaps this experience will help prove to humanity the existence of this mental disease. "You were fooled by CGI just now, here is the evidence. And we all were fooled by CGI in 2001, here is the evidence. And we have discovered CGI forgeries televised by mainstream media many times from 2001 through 2015, here is the evidence."

I think what you two are wisely pointing at indirectly, is the fact that even AFTER that powerful video experience is created (which I hope you two unite with Simon to create over the next year), that even AFTER it has been proven to humanity that this mental disease exists (the mental disease of assuming that news channels don't televise computer graphic images) that even that itself might be a symptom of an even DEEPER mental disease.

Perhaps the deeper underlying mental disease is that humanity naively assumes that the world's richest 100 humans somehow LACK the inherent motive and ability to pay for trusted sources to vouch for forged images.

Perhaps the even deeper underlying mental disease is that humanity assumes that we should not DO SOMETHING about the fact that all 7 billion humans living on earth today could, all at the exact same time, enjoy a much better life (a quantifiable million times better life, do the calculation) if we were to reset the capitalism competition starting point, right here, right now: by suddenly justly dividing evenly into 7 billion parts ALL of the earth's resources fairly to each living human.

Songs need to be sung which describe the million-times-better-life that 6,999,999,900 humans can enjoy right now, immediately, as soon as we are ready to grab it, by simply redistributing the wealth currently unlawfully held by the world's richest 100 humans.

After The Big Reset (which is coming, it is just a matter of WHEN) then with each of the humans standing at the same fair starting point (meaning each human allocated randomly equal trade-able amounts of arable land and gold), then from that moment the competition will begin freshly.

It will be interesting for all of humanity to see, after The Big Reset, that the 100 humans who previously were unlawfully hoarding 99.99% of humanity's resources, will have a difficult time zooming past the rest of humanity in the subsequent Post-Reset capitalism competition.

Stripped of all the hoarded capital which they inherited from their ancestors who didn't earn it lawfully, no longer able to simply profit from inherited inequality, no longer able to lazily earn capital by merely having inherited more capital, these 100 will be forced by The Big Reset to rejoin humanity in an actual competition of the minds: in which humanity rewards those who actually produce the best contributions to the overall happiness of humanity. :-)

Possible summary: Media-fakery is a symptom of some humans having the resources which give the ability to bribe/fool/create the various channels of trusted-sources, and that ability itself is a symptom the world's richest 100 humans owning 99.99% of the earth's resources.

Reducing the fakery-ability requires reducing the bribery-ability, which requires reducing the current-inequality-level. The current-inequality-level has reached an absolutely crazy proportion: 6,999,999,990 regular-humans owning a tiny fraction of the amount the 100 richest unlawfully-hoarding-humans currently control in early 2015.

The Big Reset is coming, it has been imagined, it is being shared, it will happen. Whether it happens quickly or slowly, or right away suddenly all at once, the speed of change is up to us, the regular majority, to take righteous lawful action.

To increase humanity's chances of survival and to increase individual happiness, we are immediately getting our minds clear of the old mistake/disease: the mental disease of believing the richest 100 humans' fakery-images which are broadcast worldwide by the "trusted sources".

Or maybe what is being pointed at by Brian and Hoi is that the disease goes even deeper, beyond all of the external problem of the forged images being televised, into the fact that we humans make the internal mistake of trusting any story-telling-sources in the first place.

Possible Solution: from now on, we should only trust what one can see in the 100 meter bubble around ones own self, because digital images can no longer be trusted.

Only what we see in our daily 100 meter bubble is proven. Every other story that comes in, about a supposed event reported to be occurring elsewhere OUTSIDE your 100 meter bubble of reality, is just that: a mere story which is possibly and probably fiction.

And, just to end on a positive note - even though we all have inherited just a tiny fraction of what is rightfully ours - I would like to report some good news (although, since digital-words are just as evidence-less as digital-images, make sure you don't believe these words, but instead go outside and check your own reality bubble for yourself to see if they ring true) that the small sample of humans that I physically interact with each day are on average quite nice, and are rarely hurting other humans, and are instead usually helping other humans, just like me, to have a pleasant experience, to have a good time, to have a nice day.

In the world of hollywood/media/internet stories, the majority of the stories claim that the majority of humans selfishly deprive happiness regardless of the sadness of others, but in the reality bubble I see everyday: the majority of humans altruistically gain happiness from seeing the happiness of others.
:)
Cobra Commander

Unread post by Cobra Commander »

Simon,

I just watched a video by Truth Media Revolution (Red Pill Revolution) which seemed like a teaser for an upcoming video featuring yourself. Is this a new video which you will be collaborating with him, or is it a video with clips of your previous works? Has me very intrigued if it is a new video. He has been telling people now to see September Clues and Cluesforum.
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

Cobra Commander wrote:Simon,

I just watched a video by Truth Media Revolution (Red Pill Revolution) which seemed like a teaser for an upcoming video featuring yourself. Is this a new video which you will be collaborating with him, or is it a video with clips of your previous works? Has me very intrigued if it is a new video. He has been telling people now to see September Clues and Cluesforum.
Cobra Commander, check out the REQUIRED: Introduce Yourself thread where TruthMediaRevolution has introduced themselves and invited Simon to a show to explain CluesForum to their audience.
Critical Mass

Unread post by Critical Mass »

First an interesting tidbit...

Nevada Test Site gave astronaut trainees taste of lunar landscape

Second an observation...

Has anybody else noticed that the vast majority of the photos at 'Voices of September 11th' appear to be no longer accessible?

Third an innocent query...

Why were there 524 users online at Cluesforum on 21 Apr 2013?

I joined after that date & I don't think I've seen the users online count ever breach 100... so what made it hit over 500?
HonestlyNow

Unread post by HonestlyNow »

Critical Mass wrote:Third an innocent query...

I joined after that date & I don't think I've seen the users online count ever breach 100... so what made it hit over 500?
It's most probably to do with the Boston Marathon event that took place on April 15, 2013. And who knows if the shill-nutwork was also keeping track of the goings on at this site in that time period.
Selene
Banned

Unread post by Selene »

HonestlyNow wrote:
Critical Mass wrote:Third an innocent query...

It's most probably to do with the Boston Marathon event that took place on April 15, 2013. And who knows if the shill-nutwork was also keeping track of the goings on at this site in that time period.
Please forgive my "ignorance" if this has been debunked as fake as well (I am doing my best to follow as much as possible; there's only 28 hours in a day), but the so-called lockdown of 2 million people should keep leading us as humans to look for the truth.

Military in the streets to keep millions of people imprisoned while "searching" for 1 guy with 1 gun with maximum 12 bullets who they led walk away some nights before (at least that's what the mass media claimed themselves), I hope this horrific sight keeps getting attention by everyone. Always.

I only joined after but not because "Hebdo", so no personal experience here. :unsure:

Selene
HonestlyNow

Unread post by HonestlyNow »

Selene wrote:Please forgive my "ignorance" if this has been debunked as fake as well . . .
http://cluesforum.info/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1602
anonjedi2

Unread post by anonjedi2 »

Dear Cluesforum members,

Meet Vesna Vulović!

This story is from 1972 in which it is claimed that VV, a former Serbian flight attendant survived a fall from JAT Flight 367, at 33,333 feet and survived! :rolleyes:
The official report of the Czechoslovak investigation commission that was handed over to the ICAO on 7 May 1974, stated that there had been an explosion in the front baggage compartment of the plane. The Czechoslovak secret service (Státní bezpečnost), which was leading the investigation, presented parts of an alarm clock ten days after the crash which they claimed came from a bomb. The report concluded that the explosion was the result of a bomb.
Imagine that! What a lucky woman! :P
She suffered a fractured skull, three broken vertebrae (one crushed completely) that left her temporarily paralyzed from the waist down, and two broken legs. She was in a coma for 27 days.
She went on to become quite famous and politically active. Funny how that always seems to happen, isn't it? In any case, if you'd like some more details on this whopper of a lie, I encourage you to visit the Wikipedia entry for more information.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vesna_Vulovi%C4%87
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

^ :lol:

Two neurons collided last night just as I was drifting off to sleep...

Image Image

Aman Zafar - Abraham Zapruper

http://amanzafar.com/WTC/index.html

http://www.washington.edu/news/2013/11/ ... v-22-1963/
[st]Must admit, I never noticed Zafar's "banana building" before.[/st] Must have another look at that set, it's been a few years. I did actually. :rolleyes:

Apparently the amanzafar images are scans from analog photographs, which have never seen the light of day. I'm trying to recall the email conversation I had with "Zafar" about 12 years ago, I do remember asking him what he did with the roll of film, to which he replied "Oh I left it near the oven and it got destroyed". I ain't kidding. He became rather indignant when I suggested they were fake! And now I'm wondering why he (A) wasn't arrested for stupidity (B) and the Photo Shop which "processed the film" weren't arrested for withholding information (C) didn't hand it over to the alleged "authorities" (D) didn't have 100 copies made to send to the clowns styling themselves "the media and the government". Well we all know the answer to that!!

The "image" above will probably be pulled as it's hotlinked. Actually, kill it if problematic Simon!
anonjedi2

Unread post by anonjedi2 »

The Sokal Affair

The Sokal affair was a hoax by Alan Sokal (a physicist) perpetrated on the postmodern cultural studies journal Social Text (published by Duke University). In 1996, he submitted a paper of nonsense camouflaged in jargon to see if the journal would “publish an article liberally salted with nonsense if (a) it sounded good and (b) it flattered the editors’ ideological preconceptions.”
The Sokal affair, also called the Sokal hoax,[1] was a publishing hoax perpetrated by Alan Sokal, a physics professor at New York University and University College London. In 1996, Sokal submitted an article to Social Text, an academic journal of postmodern cultural studies. The submission was an experiment to test the journal's intellectual rigor and, specifically, to investigate whether "a leading North American journal of cultural studies – whose editorial collective includes such luminaries as Fredric Jameson and Andrew Ross – [would] publish an article liberally salted with nonsense if (a) it sounded good and (b) it flattered the editors' ideological preconceptions".[2]

The article, "Transgressing the Boundaries: Towards a Transformative Hermeneutics of Quantum Gravity", was published in the Social Text spring/summer 1996 "Science Wars" issue. It proposed that quantum gravity is a social and linguistic construct. At that time, the journal did not practice academic peer review and it did not submit the article for outside expert review by a physicist.[3][4] On the day of its publication in May 1996, Sokal revealed in Lingua Franca that the article was a hoax, identifying it as "a pastiche of left-wing cant, fawning references, grandiose quotations, and outright nonsense ... structured around the silliest quotations [by postmodernist academics] he could find about mathematics and physics."[2]

The hoax sparked a debate about the scholarly merit of humanistic commentary about the physical sciences; the influence of postmodern philosophy on social disciplines in general; academic ethics, including whether Sokal was wrong to deceive the editors and readers of Social Text; and whether Social Text had exercised appropriate intellectual rigor.
The entire Wiki page is worth a read.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sokal_affair

Another recent example of this same situation is the 2005 Rooter Paper; this was a paper randomly generated by a computer which was submitted – and consequently approved as legitimate – to a scientific conference.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCIgen
Critical Mass

Unread post by Critical Mass »

An interesting tidbit...

Harold Carpenter Hodge

Involved apparently in Human experiments with Uranium...
Hodge's reputation was damaged by the publication of Eileen Welsome's book The Plutonium Files, for which she won a Pulitzer Prize. It documented chilling human experiments in which the subjects did not know they were being tested to find the safety limits of uranium and plutonium. He attended a meeting where the experiments were planned in 1945, and an AEC memo thanks Hodge for his planning and suggestions in the experiment. The US government settled with the victims' families, paying $400,000 per family. Seven victims were injected with material smuggled into a hospital secretly through a tunnel. One unmarried, white 24-year old woman was injected with 584 micrograms of uranium; another 61-year old man was injected with 70 micrograms per kilogram of uranium.[3]:93 Hodge also arranged for Dr. Sweet to inject 11 terminally-ill patients with uranium for their brain tumors; however, these subjects may have known they were being tested.
Promoting Fluoridation of water...
The info below is from an attachment (1946) sent with a formerly secret memo in 1947, clearly showing that the interests involved in downplaying fluoride toxicity and promoting water fluoridation with waste products knew very well about the effects of fluorides upon thyroid hormones, as well as the vast amount of research done on this subject in Germany. This information is from the Atomic Energy Commission, department of Pharmacology & Toxicology - headed by Harold Carpenter Hodge.

Please note that at the same time Hodge was also president of the International Association for Dental Research (IADR -> Journal of Dental Research), promoting fluoride "benefits".
An Atomic bomb witness...
As the BAKER DAY bomb exploded, a column of water was driven skyward in a twinkling, and then the spreading pressure wave with its attendant fog obscured the scene. When the fog evaporated, the water column, one-half mile across, was still ascending. The column of water extended more than two miles in the air, and the top was nearly three miles across-twenty million tons of water.
The same address also shows he was a promoter of world 'peace'...
(6) There is no solution to this problem except the international control of atomic energy and, ultimately, the elimination of war.
He's become a subject of those 'Conspiracy theorists'...
After the war Harold Hodge became the leading figure promoting water fluoridation in the United States and around the world. The fluoridation of public water supplies was the crowning glory of Hodge’s career. However, revelations that Hodge continued to conceal information about fluoride’s central nervous system effects on atomic workers calls into question his character