The MOON HOAX

If NASA faked the moon landings, does the agency have any credibility at all? Was the Space Shuttle program also a hoax? Is the International Space Station another one? Do not dismiss these hypotheses offhand. Check out our wider NASA research and make up your own mind about it all.
icarusinbound

Re: The MOON HOAX

Unread post by icarusinbound »

lux wrote:I suspect the reason is that the footage of them happily emerging from the capsule and quarantine, etc was shot earlier, before the "launch," under the guise of a drill while the morose interview was actually done after the "mission" was televised.

So, they were happy earlier, thinking they were doing a drill for their upcoming moon trip but afterwards when they knew it was all a scam they looked like they were at a funeral.
Also fair comment, in terms of possibility. I'm sure the recovery crews would've had no problems about a non-sequence dress rehearsal being sold to the public as the post-mission reality. Space Race and Cold War were mutual metaphors, the Soviets had to be shown who the winner was.

However, subjectively, I think that the Apollo 11 team did look publicly happy at ticker-tape parades, during the immediate after-party. Of course, they might've still been on post-mission meds at that time.
lux wrote:It's just my speculation, of course, but this explanation does seem to fit the visual evidence.
It's a logical suggestion. Was Armstrong always such a glum, odd person, pre-NASA? I'd love to see an earlier picture of him, pre Moon, to see if he cracked an occasional grin. I don't buy the sale that they were tight-lipped military men, unhappy being thrust into the spotlight.

I think there genuinely may be a lot of truth in the concept of there having been a number of drug-hazed dress rehearsals in a Nevada filmset, covered by a massive geodesic dome and multiple shifts of support contractors ('yep, this is another drill...We gotta do it yet again, this is unreal'

Never forget all that folksy false happy chitchat, and party games on the Moon, contrasted with Earth-bound droll, clipped monosyllabic mumbling. And Armstrong's (scripted but stirring) words...how could he only orate under low gravity? Why did they all happily 'float upon the moon', but stumble on the ground?

Psychedelic substances might well offer an explanation, such that wherever they were (or more importantly, weren't) could've all been a semi functional hilarious blur. Explained away by 'space travel sickness'.
anonjedi2

Unread post by anonjedi2 »

No need for all of that speculation about drugs. They got paid and did the "right thing" for their country and that's it ! :)
lux

Unread post by lux »

When asked what it felt like to be on the moon Buzz Aldrin reportedly said, ""For Christ's sake. I don't know. I just don't know. I have been frustrated since the day I left the Moon by that question."

When asked a similar question, Edgar Mitchell said, "Somehow I couldn't resurrect the feelings I had while there, although my thoughts and action were easily summoned."

These answers suggest to me that some form of mental hanky-panky was done on these guys.
Critical Mass

Unread post by Critical Mass »

This article seems to imply that those who doubt NASA's tall tale are responsible for the delays in our glorious space future...

11 Proofs That The Apollo Moon Landings Were NOT Fake
Well, we have walked on the Moon. We just have. Here are 11 proofs that we have. Now shut up about it once and for all. and let's all stop arguing and go to Mars like we're supposed to have been doing since 1984.
Anybody reading the article may need a shot of Dutch courage beforehand though... it's like reading the ramblings of a well trained hamster spiked on LSD.

For example...
The Lunar rocks brought back by Nasa from the Moon are identical in all vital and important ways to those found elsewhere on Earth.
... is apparently proof of a Moon landing?

Strangely no mention of Moon trees... although they've blamed all that on a dead Dutch politician.
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

Ah, yes, the petrified wood "moon rock". From the Southwest desert of the North American continent. I remember that one. I wonder why the rock may be from there — possibly because they picked up a rock from their Mojave film set and declared it a "moon rock"?

:rolleyes:
lux

Unread post by lux »

Critical Mass wrote:This article seems to imply that those who doubt NASA's tall tale are responsible for the delays in our glorious space future...
I hope that's true. :lol:
Farcevalue

Unread post by Farcevalue »

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIhZjKjO-a0

I am not prepared to vet the credibility of the Mars Underground to source this clip, but MU purports to be promoting the HD restored highlight reel released by NASA themselves.

In any event, the official story was that once upon a time they taped the Superbowl over the original film reels or otherwise lost them somehow, so what would be the source of this restoration?

The seriousness of their commitment to quality can be judged by the inclusion of a black screen (for all it's worth), from 00:33 - 00:44.

The "HD" quality seems to be significantly degraded from most available footage currently on the interwebs, but it does appear they have taken some steps to combat the transparency problems, at the expense of clarity evidently, as can be seen from 00:51 - 01:16. Still see through, but less so. May as well keep them earning their checks.
icarusinbound

Unread post by icarusinbound »

Perhaps this extract is a 'Director's Cut', as well as supposedly an HD makeover. What do we make of what's depicted over the right shoulder of the Asstronaut facing us (left as viewed), around 1m24s, for about a second?

Is that a third unhelmeted human face, immediately behind the visored bulky head of the Asstro looking square-on to the camera? Or is it just a simacrulum of a face to the rear, created from the corner of the backpack? Possibly a post-post-production easter egg insertion to feed conspiros, or nothing at all.
lux

Unread post by lux »

I give you … the story of the unsung heroes of the Apollo Program – Apollo 10!

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m73j38PjXR0

Funny thing about this little film – near the beginning at about 0:37 there is an odd shot where the camera starts by focusing in on what I thought was a puddle in the foreground with some twigs sticking out of it and then tilts up to show the [eh hem] awesome Apollo 10 rocket standing majestically in the background.

There's something 'funny' about this shot and I watched it several times until I noticed a little white creature (insect? butterfly?) fly across the puddle in the lower part of the frame and land on one of the twigs.

As I looked closer at the “insect” I realized it wasn't an insect at all but the form and fluttering of a white bird, like some sort of large waterfowl – a crane, perhaps?

Wait a second – if that's some sort of waterfowl, are those twigs supposed to be trees then? They look like twigs and shrubs in a puddle to me yet there is this white crane-like bird flying up to and landing on a twig -- er -- branch.

So, I guess it's supposed to be a swamp in the foreground with big trees growing out of it and the huge Apollo rocket in the distance?

Am I crazy or is this the corniest miniature model film fakery of all the Apollo launches?

Reminds me of:
:lol:
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

I just found this artwork over at the good http://mediahoaxes.tumblr.com/ website - and thought it was, well, just right... <_<

MY TRIVIAL LITTLE APOLLO POLL

I have a little question, trivial as it may be, lingering in my head these days. Let me just formulate it right here - for anyone who might care responding to it. Of course, it is just a mere thought exercise - as no one can possibly know the precise, thruthful answer to this statistical query, but anyway, here goes:

What percentage of this world's inhabitants do you personally reckon still, in 2015, firmly believe (that is, in REALITY, according to your personal / best estimation, and disregarding the various polls you might have bumped into here and there) - that men have landed on the moon?

Whether your answer is 99% or 1% - or anything in between - please elaborate shortly as to how you reached your own evaluation. By the way, I am still scratching my head as to my OWN reckoning about this - so please allow me some more time to think about it! :P
Observer
Banned

Unread post by Observer »

Nice thought exercise Simon, it helps me realize we often unconsciously mistakenly assume that the majority of the 7,000,000,000 are indoctrinated like us.

Meaning, to even begin to give an estimate of "who believes the story that men have landed on the moon", I first wonder which humans are we thinking about?

Humans raised in "First World" cultures: probably a high percent still believe that moon story they have been taught at school. (80%?)
Humans raised in "Second World" cultures: probably a medium percent believe that moon story which they have vaguely heard. (50%?)
Humans raised in "Third World" cultures: probably a surprisingly low percent have even heard that moon story in the first place! (10%?)
Humans raised in "Fourth World" cultures: probably an even lower percent have even heard that moon story in the first place! (1%?)

Hmmm, I wonder what percentage of humans have luckily never been exposed to the major bullshit images/stories in the first place?

I did a search right now, for the population percents, and it seems "Third World" folks still comprise over 75% of the humans living today!
http://www.nationsonline.org/oneworld/t ... ntries.htm (I don't vouch for this site, it's just some google result of my population query.)

Wow. That pleasantly surprises me, and gives me new hope: 75% of the humans living today are relatively FREE from exposure to these bullshit images/stories.

So, the question kind of becomes, "Of the mere 25% of humans living in the 'First+Second World', what percent of this relatively small group of humans believe the manned-moon-landing lie?"

To put it another way, factoring in this good news that "75% of humans are relatively free from the First+Second World culture exposure" I estimate only 32% of humans living today think humans have landed on the moon. B) = 68% of humans are FREE from that belief! :)
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

MOON->ISIS Same shit different assholes.

http://isiopolis.com/2011/12/16/is-isis-a-moon-goddess/
Maat

Unread post by Maat »

Observer wrote: ...

So, the question kind of becomes, "Of the mere 25% of humans living in the 'First+Second World', what percent of this relatively small group of humans believe the manned-moon-landing lie?"

To put it another way, factoring in this good news that "75% of humans are relatively free from the First+Second World culture exposure" I estimate only 32% of humans living today think humans have landed on the moon. B) = 68% of humans are FREE from that belief! :)
Unfortunately, since it’s an even smaller percent of humans in the “1st world” that wield power over the rest, it makes no difference what billions of people have ever heard of or believe when they are subjugated, controlled and exploited regardless.
Flabbergasted
Administrator

Unread post by Flabbergasted »

Observer wrote:Humans raised in "Third World" cultures: probably a surprisingly low percent have even heard that moon story in the first place! (10%?)
:o

People in the "third world" are certainly not free from exposure to the moon landing myth. I live in a poor region (Northeastern Brazil) where the vast majority get by on third-world wages and illiteracy is nowhere near eradicated, but people will rather have a satellite dish on the roof of their shed than lunch, newsstands on the busiest streets display gaudy magazine covers with all the standard MSM material, and public school is compulsory (though often useless) if you wish to qualify for government dole-outs.

Source: www.flickr.com/photos/af_rodrigues/11412231165/ (corrected)

It is, however, true that people with higher levels of schooling are less likely to doubt the veracity of the moon landing myth, perhaps out of fear of ridicule. "Uneducated" people seem to have more sensitive bullshit detectors.

My guess? Ninety-five percent of Brazilians believe we went to the Moon, although they never give the topic a thought. It takes about ten minutes to persuade a Brazilian there is something completely wrong about the story. Two months if he has a post-graduate degree.
The State did not own men so entirely, even when it could send them to the stake, as it sometimes does now where it can send them to the elementary school.
G. K. Chesterton
Observer
Banned

Unread post by Observer »

Thank you Maat for helping me realize I was being overly positive last night. Yes, 99.9% of the 7,000,000,000 are being subjugated, controlled and exploited, and the poorest 75% (the Third World folks) are being exploited to a hellish degree, so although the poorest have slightly freer minds, their bodies are suffering so much more.

Thank you Flabbergasted for helping me realize that even my estimate of Third World "mind freeness level" was wrong. I guess I was imagining a big percentage of Third World folks still living in huts WITHOUT exposure to any media sources. Hearing your report makes me realize the only folks WITHOUT exposure to the mind-fuck bullshit are Fourth World folks.

In the link I found above, and in my estimates above, one thing which is entirely not mentioned is, "How many Fourth World folks are living today?" How many humans are still living in forests, mentally free from EVER having been exposed to the bullshit, and physically free from EVER slaving for masters? I'm defining ultra-rare Fourth World folks as humans who have NEVER seen any "photo" image or book, and have NEVER worked for any paper-waving-masters. I think forest humans not yet contacted by "society", simply eating yams and berries, have much more free relax time and nap time, thus are living much happier than Third+Second+First World humans.

Anyway, sorry for over-thinking the original question. Since I bumped us to a new page, I'll simply repost Simon's recent question here: http://cluesforum.info/viewtopic.php?p=2394696#p2394696
simonshack wrote: MY TRIVIAL LITTLE APOLLO POLL

I have a little question, trivial as it may be, lingering in my head these days. Let me just formulate it right here - for anyone who might care responding to it. Of course, it is just a mere thought exercise - as no one can possibly know the precise, thruthful answer to this statistical query, but anyway, here goes:

What percentage of this world's inhabitants do you personally reckon still, in 2015, firmly believe (that is, in REALITY, according to your personal / best estimation, and disregarding the various polls you might have bumped into here and there) - that men have landed on the moon?

Whether your answer is 99% or 1% - or anything in between - please elaborate shortly as to how you reached your own evaluation. By the way, I am still scratching my head as to my OWN reckoning about this - so please allow me some more time to think about it! :P