OUR FORUM'S ANNIVERSARIES

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest
fbenario

Re: OUR FORUM'S ANNIVERSARIES

Unread post by fbenario »

Today is the sixth anniversary of the one of the greatest-ever moments in world intellectual history - our forum's first day.

Over the five years of CluesForum we've had 11.3 million page-views, 2.1 million of those over the last twelve months. (During our initial year as Reality Shack I've previously estimated we had 300,000 page-views.)

I joined the forum on October 22, 2009, four days in, and was only about the 50th member. How did so many people know about the forum from its very first day - and why did so many of those 'ghosts' never post even a single item? How could anyone so interested in media fakery - and so close to Simon or Hoi personally that they knew of the forum from its birth - be so uninterested they never bothered participating? Seems very strange in retrospect.

Who the hell were these people?
SacredCowSlayer
Administrator

Unread post by SacredCowSlayer »

fbenario wrote:Today is the sixth anniversary of the one of the greatest-ever moments in world intellectual history - our forum's first day.

Over the five years of CluesForum we've had 11.3 million page-views, 2.1 million of those over the last twelve months. (During our initial year as Reality Shack I've previously estimated we had 300,000 page-views.)

I joined the forum on October 22, 2009, four days in, and was only about the 50th member. How did so many people know about the forum from its very first day - and why did so many of those 'ghosts' never post even a single item? How could anyone so interested in media fakery - and so close to Simon or Hoi personally that they knew of the forum from its birth - be so uninterested they never bothered participating? Seems very strange in retrospect.

Fbenario,

That's a very good question.
But the larger one (and more disturbing) for me is why in the world it took me so long to stumble on to CF.
People who start to research these questions sure have no trouble finding InfoWars and the other CO groups.
Well . . . better late than never I suppose.
Seneca

Unread post by Seneca »

SacredCowSlayer wrote:
fbenario wrote:Today is the sixth anniversary of the one of the greatest-ever moments in world intellectual history - our forum's first day.

Fbenario,

That's a very good question.
But the larger one (and more disturbing) for me is why in the world it took me so long to stumble on to CF.
People who start to research these questions sure have no trouble finding InfoWars and the other CO groups.
Well . . . better late than never I suppose.
Good questions. Btw I appear higher on that member list but that is because Simon modified one of these ghost accounts for me when I joined on 23 april 2014, as you can read here. http://cluesforum.info/viewtopic.php?f= ... 6#p2389956
fbenario

A few minutes ago the forum went past 12 million page views. Awesome - we're obviously providing something of value to the world!
DeeJay

Unread post by DeeJay »

fbenario wrote:A few minutes ago the forum went past 12 million page views. Awesome - we're obviously providing something of value to the world!
Yes, CF is of value! Even for ingénues such as myself and no Brian, I do not get my hair permed. This the first and only forum I have ever joined and I have learned so much here. I do not contribute at all anymore because everything I offered was honestly without an in-depth analysis and deemed totally useless. I would however like to suggest that sometimes what the cat dragged in could be of some use to fellow-members as an additional source of information.

There have been several times when I have come across sites in odd places regarding different topics discussed that I would have liked to have posted simply to add to the general pool of information and leave it up to others to trash if so needed. So many times I've stopped myself, thinking that perhaps someone else would find the same article/video and discuss it but when I checked, nobody had.

What I'd like to say is that while CF is terrific and has certainly opened my eyes, it is limited by the fact some members think that without lengthy cerebral output, others cannot act as hunter/gatherers of potential information.
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

DeeJay wrote: What I'd like to say is that while CF is terrific and has certainly opened my eyes, it is limited by the fact some members think that without lengthy cerebral output, others cannot act as hunter/gatherers of potential information.

Dear Deejay - I hear you...

Basically, you're touching a point which also bothers me at times (mumble, mumble..).I guess that, what I need to say right now is :this is not an 'elitist place' of any kind (*shudder* at the very thought of it!). My personal (idealistic) outlook is that we can come together here just as if we had met on the street yesterday - hitting off some good vibes - and now only wish to keep in touch through this forum... Yes, I know: we may come off (what with our 'strict' forum rules, requirements of good grammar / spelling and all that) a bit dour. At times, I cringe a little when new members (which of course get activated by yours truly on the basis of their "handshake-intro") get immediately challenged by some of our 'veteran' members - only because they don't promptly provide "lenghty cerebral output" - as you call it...

On the other hand, I think that our 'harshness' here - finalized to keep clowns out of this forum - has been mostly good and wise.

However, let us become a bit more 'lenient' with new members joining this forum (as long as they provide good / new info) - and allow them some time to adjust their spectacles and tune their eyes to what must be a rather demanding journey out of Plato's cave.
brianv

Unread post by brianv »

DeeJay wrote:
fbenario wrote:A few minutes ago the forum went past 12 million page views. Awesome - we're obviously providing something of value to the world!
Yes, CF is of value! Even for ingénues such as myself and no Brian, I do not get my hair permed. This the first and only forum I have ever joined and I have learned so much here. I do not contribute at all anymore because everything I offered was honestly without an in-depth analysis and deemed totally useless. I would however like to suggest that sometimes what the cat dragged in could be of some use to fellow-members as an additional source of information.

There have been several times when I have come across sites in odd places regarding different topics discussed that I would have liked to have posted simply to add to the general pool of information and leave it up to others to trash if so needed. So many times I've stopped myself, thinking that perhaps someone else would find the same article/video and discuss it but when I checked, nobody had.

What I'd like to say is that while CF is terrific and has certainly opened my eyes, it is limited by the fact some members think that without lengthy cerebral output, others cannot act as hunter/gatherers of potential information.
I haven't ignored any of your posts recently Deejay, where have you been? Still looking for imaginary airplanes to believe in? Don't bother replying I won't be reading it anyhow.
Critical Mass

Unread post by Critical Mass »

DeeJay wrote:There have been several times when I have come across sites in odd places regarding different topics discussed that I would have liked to have posted simply to add to the general pool of information and leave it up to others to trash if so needed. So many times I've stopped myself, thinking that perhaps someone else would find the same article/video and discuss it but when I checked, nobody had.
There's always the chatbox to bring to the forums attention such random links & articles... if anything turns out to be particularly interesting it can be moved to the main forum later.

If not... no harm done.
fbenario

About 3-1/2 hours ago the forum went past 13 million page views. We are likely still accomplishing a lot of good by helping folks learn to think for themselves.
fbenario

Today the forum went past 14 million page views, nearly 9 months after passing 13 million page views. This was the longest period to add another million page views in many years, I suppose because there haven't been any really big psyops recently until Manchester.
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

I think there was also a campaign to dilute our research. Luckily, that's a bit like the hoaxers having to shoot themselves in the foot. And while the sheer number of researchers (both authentic researchers and posers/agents) increases and continues to distract people from what could be construed as our "source material" (i.e.; our first, original, direct research and forensics of the media and media history), we probably could be credited with inspiring a slew of new research into media fakery and propaganda. And that's something to celebrate and be thankful for. I think we might even be changing the world for the better. Of course, it will always be taken advantage of by "the Nutwork" as Simon calls it. But the change is worth celebrating.

Also, people are getting fatigued from the sheer amount of bullshit and I think largely do not feel they need to research every single event now. There is a positive and pervasive understanding that news must be investigated and fact checked. It still hasn't overtaken the blind dumb trust that once had a nearly total monopoly on our attention, but it's an improvement in the public dialogue. Hooray!
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

If there is still reason to doubt Mint's "accounting", we nevertheless crossed 1.8 million unique visitors late last month.

2 million will be a significant achievement, and at this rate we should reach that (accounting for our usual September boost) in 2018.

Forgive me for some infatuation with the nice round number 2,000,000 CluesForum browsers. It sounds like a lot of people.

But, without detracting from this "achievement", it's not about quantity but quality. I am proud that people still see us as a resource that doesn't put up with trolls, which is accessible for people of intellect, and continues to address the concerns of a growing population about the government's misbehavior.
fbenario

Yesterday the forum apparently went past 15 million visits, nearly a year after hitting 14 million..