Radiation: the truth, the lies, the fear

Global War deceptions & mass manipulation, fear-mongering terror schemes and propaganda in the Age of the Bomb
simonshack
Administrator

Re: Radiation: the truth, the lies, the fear

Unread post by simonshack »

Apache wrote: Wow, "witnessed" 100 nuclear detonations and no sign of exposure to any radiation despite only being about 5 miles from the Trinity blast. Brings a whole new meaning to the phrase "Teflon man".
:lol: :lol: :lol: Indeed, dear Apache - Aeby, the aebyonic man!

I stumbled into this priceless "Nuke Bomb Tests" Art Gallery today. Enjoy :
http://www.theatlantic.com/photo/2011/0 ... qus_thread

Two of my faves...
Caption: ""Rope tricks" are seen in this image of a nuclear explosion taken less than one millisecond after detonation. During operation Tumbler-Snapper in 1952, this nuclear test device was suspended 300 feet above the Nevada desert floor, and anchored by mooring cables. As the ball of plasma expanded, the radiating energy superheated and vaporized the cables just ahead of the fireball, resulting in the "spike" effects."

To be honest, I wouldn't mind hanging this painting in my living room - beats Warhol's canned soup anytime ! ^_^
ICfreely

Unread post by ICfreely »

The Lacks-Well Equation

Welcome to the ancient city of Ramsar!

Motto: The Paradise on Earth (Behesht-e rooy-e Zamin)

IRAN - Iranian city of Ramsar welcomes tourists

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGna6kMlP44
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGna6kMlP44
High Levels of Natural Radiation in Ramsar, Iran: Should Regulatory Authorities Protect the Inhabitants?
S. M. J. Mortazavi1 and P. A. Karam2

Abstract
Life evolved on Earth in radiation environment that was a few times more intense than today. People in some areas around the world live in dwellings with radiation and radon levels as much as more than 200 times the global average. Inhabited areas with high levels of natural radiation are found in different areas around the world including Yangjiang, China; Kerala, India; Guarapari, Brazil and Ramsar, Iran. Ramsar in northern Iran is among the world’s well-known areas with highest levels of natural radiation. Annual exposure levels in areas with elevated levels of natural radiation in Ramsar are up to 260 mGy y-1 and average exposure rates are about 10 mGy y-1 for a population of about 2000 residents. Due to the local geology, which includes high levels of radium in rocks, soils, and groundwater, Ramsar residents are also exposed to high levels of alpha activity in the form of ingested radium and radium decay progeny as well as very high radon levels (over 1000 MBq m-3) in their dwellings. In some cases, the inhabitants of these areas receive doses much higher than the current ICRP-60 dose limit of 20 mSv y-1. As the biological effects of low doses of radiation are not fully understood, the current radiation protection recommendations are based on the predictions of an assumption on the linear, no-threshold (LNT) relationship between radiation dose and the carcinogenic effects. Considering LNT, areas having such levels of natural radiation must be evacuated or at least require immediate remedial actions. Inhabitants of the high level natural radiation areas (HLNRAs) of Ramsar are largely unaware of natural radiation, radon, or its possible health effects, and the inhabitants have not encountered any harmful effects due to living in their paternal houses. In this regard, it is often difficult to ask the inhabitants of HLNRAs of Ramsar to carry out remedial actions. Despite the fact that considering LNT and ALARA, public health in HLNRAs like Ramsar is best served by relocating the inhabitants, the residents’ health seems unaffected and relocation is upsetting to the residents. Based on the findings obtained by studies on the health effect of high levels of natural radiation in Ramsar, as well as other HLNRAs, no consistent detrimental effect has been detected so far. However, more research is needed to clarify if the regulatory authorities should set limiting regulations to protect the inhabitants against elevated levels of natural radiation.
https://view.officeapps.live.com/op/vie ... APaper.doc
Color me crazy but I’m with those inhabitants who are largely unaware of natural radiation, radon, or its possible health effects. I don’t have any theories or symbols to prove my disbelief in LNT. I know it’s not University of CluesForum material but I’m posting it none the less!
Larkness
Banned

Unread post by Larkness »

I've been involved in the US Navy's nuclear power program since the 1980's, was stationed on various nuke subs until the late 1990's. It's been my experience that exposure to ionizing radiation has become more conservative over the years with allowable limits going down. I recall some Navy training on new evaluations of expected medical consequences of acute high doses of radiation based on the victims of the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombings. It seems that someone re-evaluated the amount of exposure that caused the deaths; it was less than previously thought. I suppose that in a city which no longer has much in the way of emergency services, a person is not as likely to live after receiving 100-200 rem of exposure while someone with access to functioning medical facilities would be expected to survive.

That said, while I occasionally work around significant sources of radiation, I don't fear it as it is readily measurable and I'm able to take precautions to reduce or eliminate (for the most part) my exposure.
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

Larkness wrote:I've been involved in the US Navy's nuclear power program since the 1980's, was stationed on various nuke subs until the late 1990's. It's been my experience that exposure to ionizing radiation has become more conservative over the years with allowable limits going down. I recall some Navy training on new evaluations of expected medical consequences of acute high doses of radiation based on the victims of the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombings. It seems that someone re-evaluated the amount of exposure that caused the deaths; it was less than previously thought. I suppose that in a city which no longer has much in the way of emergency services, a person is not as likely to live after receiving 100-200 rem of exposure while someone with access to functioning medical facilities would be expected to survive.

That said, while I occasionally work around significant sources of radiation, I don't fear it as it is readily measurable and I'm able to take precautions to reduce or eliminate (for the most part) my exposure.
Larkness' claims about his role on nuclear programs are not proven, but even if it were true, this is a rather vague account. Wouldn't the "consequences expected" be based on the Red Cross numbers based in Seoul, Korea and wouldn't he know enough to quote the particulars behind the discrepancy? "Less than previously thought" is a kind of passive way to phrase it as well.

What would qualify as "functioning medical facilities" exactly?

One almost expects the next "ex-Naval officer" to come here will post something like, "The levels of reality in the 9/11 footage are less than previously thought."
ragtime4

Unread post by ragtime4 »

ProperGander wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:56 am I came across this recently.

The Nuclear Scare Scam | Galen Winsor

full link: https://www.bitchute.com/video/yTDjNJuARhcF/

Galen Winsor is a nuclear physicist of renown who worked at, and helped design, nuclear power plants in Hanford, WA; Oak Ridge, TN; Morris, IL, San Jose, CA; Wimington, NJ. Among his positions of expertise he was in charge of measuring and controlling the nuclear fuel inventory and storage.
I just came across this video for the first time this evening as a result of a facebook conversation with a friend. The speaker in this video, Galen Winsor, certainly seems interesting. The video here is from the mid 1980s. Apparently, he lived until 2008, dying in his eighties. Quick searches on google about him reveal claims that he died of leukemia, which seem unverifiable. What I find interesting is that there seems to be little record of public speaking or any other works between the mid eighties and his death in 2008. Would be very curious to learn more about this person.

Will link an obituary I found on the web:

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/trici ... &fhid=3428
ragtime4

Unread post by ragtime4 »

I do find it funny that people would say he died of leukemia in his eighties, as though that proves how crazy he was for his handling of radioactive materials. It’s about as sensible as the much-publicized death of Herman Cain “from covid” at age 74 :puke: :puke:
Mansur

Unread post by Mansur »

ragtime4 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:44 am I do find it funny that people would say he died of leukemia in his eighties, as though that proves how crazy he was for his handling of radioactive materials. It’s about as sensible as the much-publicized death of Herman Cain “from Covid-19” at age 74.
That was the case already with Mme Curie herself, with her dying at a moderate age of 67 (and with her grave allegedly still radiating).

For me, by the way, this guy looks as a typical intelligence, that is, a propagandist. Every single feature of his manners suggests this. So, as in any similar case, I ask myself: well, what is this guy trading on, what does he want to sell? Now, I don’t know, but he may have played some role in shaping the dog and pony show in the media called “Greens vs. Nuclear Energy,” which was no more a fledgling at the time.