And here is a summary of what I view as the key aims of the Dreyfus psyop:Dozens of books and hundreds of academic articles have been written on the Dreyfus Affair.... [One] “comprehensive bibliography” lists over 5,000 items that have been written since the affair ended. Academics love the Dreyfus affair, since it gave birth to the concept of the public intellectual and so soothes them with the comforting idea that they, too, might have some actual relevance or importance outside the ivory tower. An estimate of the number of newspaper articles published just during the affair itself puts the number, conservatively, at 100,000. With newspapers frequently printing multiple editions a day to keep people updated on new developments, the Dreyfus affair received the 19th-century equivalent of 24-hour non-stop blanket news coverage. It truly was the OJ Simpson trial of its day....
The unending parade of books and papers and movies and miniseries and made-for-TV-specials and documentaries and websites all devoted to retelling and consecrating the Dreyfus affair have, over the years, covered over the events with an intricate and multi-layered tapestry. I guess it’s true what they say, if you repeat a lie often enough it becomes the truth. My aim here is to tease apart the threads of that tapestry and unwind it, to show you that the whole thing was just another manufactured psyop....
The very first thing you always hear about Dreyfus is that he was an artillery officer. It’s important for them to hammer that in, make sure you don’t question it. One reason is that the letter found in a wastebasket at the German Embassy that was used as evidence against Dreyfus, called the bordereau, was offering to sell information to which an artillery officer would be privy. And it is true that he had come up the ranks in an artillery regiment, being made Captain and stationed at an artillery arsenal. That was in 1889. But in 1891 he entered the elite French war college...and joined the general staff....
His prison memoirs, covering the years 1894-1899 and aptly titled Five Years of My Life (“by Alfred Dreyfus, Ex-Captain of Artillery in the French Army”), were published in 1901 in French and English.... In this memoir, Dreyfus writes that he was working in military intelligence the entire time he was in the general staff. Let that sink in: Dreyfus was not an artillery officer. He was in military intelligence. You won’t find that little nugget of truth anywhere under the enormous piles of BS written on the affair, even though it has been staring historians in the face since at least 1901.... I stumbled onto it just a few days into my research but rather than dismissing it or ignoring it or burying it, I dusted it off, polished it up and put it on display. Honestly, I feel like I could just drop the mic and end this paper right now. And I would, if only there weren’t so much more to tell....
You might be asking yourself, if I'm Jewish, why am I writing this? Shouldn't I be appalled by Miles's focus on which of these jokers is Jewish. Doesn't it bother me? How can I take part in this anti-Semitism? Well, I'm not a very tribal person by nature. In my view, it is just as wrong for me to feel an affiliation with Jews as some kind of undifferentiated bloc or race or religion as it is wrong for someone to condemn "the Jews" as some kind of undifferentiated bloc or race or religion. I won't fall for the artificial Manichean dichotomy that views any and all criticism of Jews as simply anti-Semitism. And I believe Miles when he says he harbors no ill will against Jews in general. In any case, I don't think that pointing the finger at this Jewish elite is anti-Semitic, because they have no compunction about treating the rest of the Jews horribly. In fact, as far as I've seen they don't give a flying fuck about the rest of them. You could even say this criticism is pro-Semitism, since it's pointing the blame at the small minority of Jews who have fucked with and screwed over the vast majority of the rest of the Jews (along with everybody else, except the wealthy Gentiles who were willing to play ball and didn't get double-crossed). The history of the Jews in Europe is one of great and bloody persecution, but even the mainstream histories say that this persecution was usually born out of anger at the money lenders. So even that horrible history (assuming it's more or less true) is one in which people got angry at the few Jews who were money lenders (probably for good reasons, if more recent history is any guide), but all Jews had to take the fall and pay the price with their tears and their blood.
And let's not forget what they've done in order to corral as much of the Jewish people as they could into the state of Israel, and to get them to continue to willingly sacrifice their sons and daughters in countless wars and conflicts, not to mention the enormous pain and loss of the Palestinians. We mustn't lose sight of the fact that even in the face of the widespread anti-Semitism of the period (both real and manufactured), most Jews didn't want to move to Israel, and indeed Herzl's ideas were (initially) met with a great deal of criticism among Jewish communities in Europe. The Zionists kept trying to get Jews to move to Israel, but they had a hell of a time getting them to emigrate and to stay. And even during and after WWII many didn't want to move to Palestine, so they had to close off America and other destinations as much as possible. But that still wasn't enough. They had to get ton of Middle Eastern and North African Jews to emigrate—and there are actually some documented false flags perpetrated by the Mossad to scare them into moving. The brainwashing of Jews in Israel continues today; it starts early and runs very, very deep.
1. Blackwashing criticism of Jewish bankers and industrialists and their growing political and economic power. They did this by putting all criticism of Jews, both legitimate and ridiculous, under the label of anti-Semitism. Then they created an event that would show how this poor, innocent, honorable patriot was wrongly convicted and punished severely just because of anti-Semitic people in the military and government. Inflaming anti-Semitic passions among the populace was also useful, since many undoubtedly felt badly about their criticism of Jews after they found out Dreyfus was innocent (though many still clung to their beliefs, to be sure). This blackwashing (or black frosting) had the dual effect of helping to protect these wealthy Jews from future criticism and also to bolster the political power and influence of the Jewish-supported Third Republic and disempower and delegitimize the remaining Monarchist and Catholic ("traditional") power centers of France. In other words, not only were these people set up for a fall, any criticism aimed at anyone who was Jewish was also set up for a fall. But as Hannah Arendt put it, this was only a dress rehearsal for the real show thirty-plus years later.
2. The Dreyfus affair seems to have served as an impetus for the modern Zionist movement. Or another way to say it is that the Zionist movement used the Dreyfus affair to legitimize and justify its goals. I believe this was part of the plan from the beginning, but it might have been something tacked on later. On top of this, the Zionists needed to bring anti-Semitic sentiment to a boil in order to cajole as many European Jews as possible to move to Israel. (We are seeing the same thing today, by the way, with the manufactured Islamic terror hoaxes aimed at French Jews.) The Dreyfus affair itself was not very effective in getting Jews to move, but they were really just getting warmed up. (The pogroms in Russia during these years deserve a closer inspection in light of all we've learned.)
3. The blackwashing of anti-Semitism discussed above in point number 1 gained increased important in the wake of the Union Generale and, especially, the Panama scandals. But on top of that, the Dreyfus affair also served as a distraction. And it was a major distraction.
4. Divide and conquer: the affair is described as nearly tearing France in two, with battle lines between drawn between the Dreyfusards and the anti-Dreyfusards. Remember, as long as we're pointing fingers at each other, we're not pointing them up at the men behind the curtain.
5. Make lots of money: the newspapers were owned (almost?) entirely by wealthy Jews. They sold a lot of print following every twist and turn of the affair. It was good business. Perhaps not a goal, just a happy collateral consequence.
6. I have to imagine there were more. We saw how the film industry biggy-packed on the Dreyfus affair, and how this was one of the first events, if not the first, where they used film to consecrate a manufactured reality. So it served many purposes. And it continues to serve them since the lessons of the event are constantly rewarmed and rehashed.
As you can see, nothing new under the sun. But I'll be happy to discuss the paper and related topics here if anyone wants. However I'd prefer to keep unrelated discussions about Miles in the thread devoted to him in 'The Question of Fakery' forum.