THE "CHATBOX"

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest
Mansur

Re: THE "CHATBOX"

Unread post by Mansur »

nonhocapito » August 17th, 2018, 2:52 am wrote: I remember reading of that doctor who found out how necessary it was to wash your hands when operating or treating patients. This led to the observation of the microbes and parasites that caused death in children touched by the hands of medical practitioners who had no idea of what hygiene was. That doctor was shunned for his ideas, not because of some conspiracy but because we are all prone to go with what we already know. Eventually truth and logic prevailed. This happened a couple of centuries ago.
This person was most probably Semmelweis (Ignác or Ignaz), a Hungarian doctor who flourished in the first half of the XIX. century, and who is now about being the first figure in the country’s public health; the chief university of medicine in Budapest bears his name, which runs a couple of the major hospitals etc.)

Two parts of his (Hungarian) wiki:

“He realized [sic!] that the post-partum fever was caused by doctors and medical students who were after autopsy in the habit moving to the neighbouring Clinic (No. I) and examining the pregnant women there with un-disinfected hands…”

“In the spring of 1848, with several of his associates, he joined as a member of the revolutionary National Guard in Vienna, but in the meantime he continued to practice his vocation...”

So it is doubtful whether he would be rightly contained in the “10 percent” what you have said about.
Politics are behind every single achievement in science forcing it to the society…
I do not know, but that general sterilization (calcium hypochlorite, in his case) would be an adequate countermeasure to (alleged) bad hygiene, it can be doubted.
patrix

Re: Summary about Justice

Unread post by patrix »

Observer » August 20th, 2018, 9:50 pm wrote: If you could choose the punishment for war-initiators, what is fair?
Put them in an stuck elevator together with you.
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

Observer » August 19th, 2018, 11:23 pm wrote: I know, I know, this post comes off very "vigilante encouraging" "violence inciting" "agent provocateur", but I feel it is needed for balance when I saw the "only a warmongering type would want to bring killers to Justice" post above.

I have no interest in a debate about the subject. Hoi has made his John Lennon "Peace PLEASE" stance clear (in the past and present), and I have made my Peter Tosh "JUSTICE First" stance clear (in the past and present). Probably Simon is somewhere in the middle of these two extremes.
Oh well, dear Observer, I'd say my stance would be distinctly more "toshian" ! ^_^

In fact, I certainly share your frustrations in many ways as to the prevailing lack of action & justice pervading our so-called civilized world. This glaring lack is, of course, another resounding socio-engineered "success" on the part of the Nutwork - whose relentless and insidious propaganda has even penetrated our daily, personal lives in order to subdue and discourage anyone daring to speak up and take necessary counter-action. And by "speak up", I literally mean talking a little louder (as I will further elaborate in a minute).

By "counter-action", I simply mean to say that 'we the people' (i.e. the vast majority of non-psychopathic folks of this planet) must start recognizing that we cannot indefinitely postpone forceful, responsible action [and no, I did not write "violent, lethal force" - read again] in the name of "restrained / civilized behavior","political correctness", hippy-ish "peace & love ideals" - or whatnot. Of course, what sort of forceful action is available to us is the Big Question - yet one that should certainly be seriously discussed and developed on forums such as ours without fear of offending any intelligent readers. For where else is this Big Question being tackled? In the media? At the best universities?

"Violence" - or Self-Defense?

I would say that only a liar would claim to NEVER have dreamed of simply pushing on a magic "delete" button - thus eradicating in one fell swoop all the, say, Kissingers of this planet. I might have chosen any other major turd as an 'iconic' example of an incorrigible psychopath - but it is hard to imagine what a full confession by Mr Kiss(-my-ass) would lack in terms of revealing the inner workings of the PTB (or what I like to call the Nutwork) and the names and surnames of all the top criminals - what with the unspeakable pain and suffering they've inflicted upon humanity at large. To try and contrast such vicious and seemingly never-ending violence cannot itself be called, by any stretch of imagination, "violence". It should be called by its proper and logical name, namely: self-defense.

And sure enough...
"Physical self-defense is the use of physical force to counter an immediate threat of violence." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-defense

So what to do? I'll hasten to say that I have no magical, one-off solution to put forth at this moment. Just rounding up the psychopaths of our world and shoving them over the edge of one of their ugly 100+story-skyscrapers seems like a messy and unrealistic project. To be sure though, the psychos have never hesitated to kill off their enemies in gargantuan blood baths, napalming innocent men / women and children (remember the Vietnam war?), burning intellectual dissenters on the stake (see Giordano Bruno), or sending them off to gulags (see the Soviet rulers who, according to Putin (get this!) were simply "guided by false ideological considerations"...) to endure an assorted variety of slow and atrocious deaths.

It should therefore become obvious to any intelligent & self-respecting human being that what is at stake here is the very sustainability of our world as a dignified, functioning entity - and the survival of those earthlings who rightfully deserve - and truly qualify - to represent what we call the "human race". For those darwinians out there, I'll ask: "survival of the fittest?... Really?" Gimme a break: what we seem to be heading for is the survival of the dumbest, the sleaziest and the most obnoxious specimens of our species. And before some imbecile tosses a "racist" tag at me, let me state very clearly (and once again) that dangerous psychopaths are to be found within ALL the racial groups making up this world's inhabitants. Heck, I even have two MOFO elder brothers of that vile kind : one stole the bulk of my mom's savings - while the other tried to evict her from her house, at age 85. And no - no justice ultimately prevailed, in spite of our "marvelously advanced social and judicial safeguards" against, well... injustice. (although I thankfully just managed to prevent my old mother from being kicked out of her own home by her own deranged son!...)

But I (seemingly) digress : my petty family troubles are, of course, peanuts in comparison to having your house bombed, your wife raped by foreign invading troops and your children killed. Yet, as a member of this planet's 'human community', I feel a natural & moral duty to raise my voice and concern among my similarly privileged (and as yet, non-bombed) fellow 'western' citizens. And here's when things can get pretty irksome and - at times - frankly excruciating. See, it is a trait of my personality to express my views (about the woes of this mad world) with a fair amount of passion. This involves some gesticulating and raising somewhat the volume of my voice. Luckily, I live since many years in Italy where such colorful social communication is the order of the day. However, I've come to realize how "improper and unpalatable" such verve has become to people in countries such as, for instance, the USA and the UK - although I've also seen a lot of this in my 'home' countries, Norway and Sweden. In short, I often get folks there telling me to "tone down & hush up" - or else they'll refuse to engage. In worst case scenarios, people will interpret my lively ways as being "uncivil" or / and "inappropriate" (read "not politically correct") - or, wait for it, 'implicitly violent". As I see it, this only goes to show just how wimpish the "best-educated" folks in the western world have become - and what an appalling 'success' the Nutwork's brain-numbing schemes (aimed at defusing popular dissent) has been in these particular, "highly-developed" nations.

I once wrote somewhere on the forum about my dearly-missed father Eyvind (1929-1990) and proudly described him as a fearless idealist and (peace-loving) warrior "fighting the Sicilian mafia with a typewriter". At the time, I remember that Hoi was fascinated by that, i.e. of the very concept of using our brainpower to counter the bad guys of this world. Unfortunately, my father is long gone - yet the mafia is still there. Being rather older than Hoi whom I love like a father (which, 'technically' speaking, I could be), I've probably grown out of my youthful "peace-&-luv-no-matter-what" kind of idealism - although I've never really been one to turn the other cheek when slapped... So perhaps give Hoi a slack regarding his pleas for peaceful resistance - I'm sure he has the best intentions, however naive - and let's start developing ideas on how to define, build and enact our collective Self-Defense program (and explore the means to achieve at least some tangible disempowerment of the Turds-That-Be).

And remember, folks - it's all about physics... ;)
"Physical self-defense is the use of physical force to counter an immediate threat of violence."
Observer
Banned

Re: Summary about Justice

Unread post by Observer »

I feel a little blue about the accusations I made against you Hoi - without sufficient evidence of malice.
The decades you have been helping Simon proves that probably you are NOT a paid-mole perp-protector.
I should have merely countered those ideas in those sentences you wrote, instead of suspecting ill intent.

And I shouldn't have written a possibly false dichotomy of "Hoi is either protecting perps, or, overly high."
A third option of which Simon reminded me in his response above, is that you are still simply younger Hoi.

We all start out idealistically hoping to somehow love even the war planners back into the human family.
After 10 more years of watching the war planners killing innocents, you might start to want more Justice.

Maybe your idealistic "Heal the Kissinger-types through listening" current vibe is in fact spiritually higher,
than the "Kill the Kissinger-types for all the wars they planned" current vibe of us older, frustrated, folks.

I guess it comes down to this: if the war planners could be healed with love, great. But it seems they can't.
And, it also comes down to this: allowing war planners to go unpunished emboldens more war planners.

Anyway, I just want to speak directly to you for a moment Hoi to say I'm sorry for having suspected you.
Even if we disagree about what to do, we agree about the fact that war planners are humans' top problem.
aa5

Unread post by aa5 »

This person was most probably Semmelweis (Ignác or Ignaz), a Hungarian doctor who flourished in the first half of the XIX. century, and who is now about being the first figure in the country’s public health; the chief university of medicine in Budapest bears his name, which runs a couple of the major hospitals etc.)

Two parts of his (Hungarian) wiki:

“He realized [sic!] that the post-partum fever was caused by doctors and medical students who were after autopsy in the habit moving to the neighbouring Clinic (No. I) and examining the pregnant women there with un-disinfected hands…”

“In the spring of 1848, with several of his associates, he joined as a member of the revolutionary National Guard in Vienna, but in the meantime he continued to practice his vocation...”

So it is doubtful whether he would be rightly contained in the “10 percent” what you have said about.
Politics are behind every single achievement in science forcing it to the society…
I do not know, but that general sterilization (calcium hypochlorite, in his case) would be an adequate countermeasure to (alleged) bad hygiene, it can be doubted.
Its good Hungary & Co. are back in the fold. That area of Europe was a dynamo of science & industry before the Wars.
Mansur

Unread post by Mansur »

aa5 » August 21st, 2018, 7:28 pm wrote:
Its good Hungary & Co. are back in the fold. That area of Europe was a dynamo of science & industry before the Wars.
I do not know, but if that is the case, perhaps this may be because Jews were more organized here than elsewhere — and that they could be so. (And, indeed, the dynamo was first described by a Hungarian priest, “but did not patent it as he thought he was not the first to realize this” wiki says.)
Flabbergasted
Administrator

Unread post by Flabbergasted »

Am I imagining things or is the officer on the left pressing a button on his staff?

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3m2oOhi75M
Mansur

Unread post by Mansur »

Flabbergasted » August 22nd, 2018, 12:52 pm wrote:Am I imagining things or is the officer on the left pressing a button on his staff?
full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3m2oOhi75M
Seems a double movement : unlock (up) and "fire" (down). As with the lighter. Quite a few commenters have noticed and remarked it btw (but only in the last 48 hours... Maybe such things will be noticed only after being certain about the fraud.)
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

I guess it comes down to this: if the war planners could be healed with love, great. But it seems they can't.
And, it also comes down to this: allowing war planners to go unpunished emboldens more war planners.

Anyway, I just want to speak directly to you for a moment Hoi to say I'm sorry for having suspected you.
Even if we disagree about what to do, we agree about the fact that war planners are humans' top problem.
Thanks, Observer. I am glad we can agree on something.

I don't think age has much to do with my pacifism. It's more like a change in myself that I'm experiencing.

There is a stark difference between people who don't want to be told what to think and people who have learning problems that come from emotional trauma that they foist on others through the anonymity of the Internet where they feel safe to do so because "text is not real".

Unfortunately, it seems are site is chock full of the latter. What a pity and a waste of Simon's and others' good work.

I should have recognized early on that we were traumatized based on brianv's language and the language I starting picking up and encouraged in Simon.

Once more, our site is not as much of a shit show as GodLikeProductions but I am not really content to rest on our laurels anymore wondering why we are worse than psychopaths at organizing people with fear.

They may be cheating by using fear and lying to people (instead of appealing to our unity) but what kind of anti-social personality does that make us for sucking so bad at reaching out to people?

We can continually blame "the other" for not understanding or unwillingness or something else, or we can make a conscious effort to learn interrelationship.

Sometimes it seems kham is right in trying to alert us to people talking about dealing with peoples' trauma; it is what we should be doing — not creating more of it or laughing at people for being traumatized or using language that stirs people up just for attention.

I am still thinking of how I can make a new web site that is a sort of "translation" of the content of CluesForum if you will, one which seeks to reach out to people instead of just congratulating each other on being disillusioned and hurt, but I'm not sure how. It's not clear if I'm going to find many collaborators here.

I will have to renounce some of the language I have used in the past to discuss these issues and while few at CluesForum may care, I am not sure that CluesForum is really my kind of audience any longer, based on the final direction it has taken. I could be wrong. I would like to — rather than burn — try to build bridges for a while. It doesn't mean inviting psychopaths to abuse people. But it does mean inviting traumatized people to do some kind of healing of themselves, I hope.

There is no reason to join a religion, start a cult, get a certificate or identify with any other authority just because the subject of healing comes up. Everyone does their own thing to work towards it if they are brave enough to choose to.

Sometimes it's easier to just be comforted by even a crowd of people all traumatized and angry in the same way, but it's not for me.

Much of our work, and Simon's TYCHOS, are incredible opportunities to build bridges with other survivors of the trauma we have experienced, and heal together. I sincerely hope that opportunity is used properly and no longer used to divide us.
pov603

Unread post by pov603 »

Bye, bye, then...
hoi.polloi

Unread post by hoi.polloi »

pov603 » August 23rd, 2018, 6:32 pm wrote:Bye, bye, then...
Thanks, bye bye for now. I hope everyone thinks I did an okay job helping to found the place and keeping derailments at bay. If not, well, I guess I'm less of a problem to worry about when I take a hiatus or find myself interested in other stuff.

I have also spent a great deal of 2018 — from the editing of the TYCHOS book through to the USA university discussions — on collaborating with Simon. Although the TYCHOS is a most fascinating and rewarding study, there is a heck of a lot going on these days that I am interested in! I am also interested in the new direction of The Clues Chronicle, where we expand a little from fakery to also include some of the discussion about the discussion ... or wherever it seems the show needs to go. I hope everyone is lucky enough to collaborate in projects that are as productive as our friendship is! Simon and kham have become real-life friends, not just collaborators. I am eager to meet patrix, too.

But anyway, you don't really need to know about IRL things. Have a most excellent continuation of your interests, as well. See you around!
Flabbergasted
Administrator

Unread post by Flabbergasted »

hoi.polloi » August 24th, 2018, 1:23 am wrote:Thanks, bye bye for now.
Seriously!?

It´s kinda hard to picture CF without you, not just because of your manifold (and never-dwindling) contributions, but more critically because of how it impacts forum identity and balance (I am not trying to be ingratiating).
patrix

Unread post by patrix »

Interesting article about the origins of vegetable oil and how it was promoted
https://idmprogram.com/the-shocking-ori ... l-garbage/
Excellent summary:
So how do we know which are healthy fats, and which are unhealthy fats? Unsurprisingly, natural fats, whether they come from animal (meat, dairy) or plant sources (olive, avocado, nut) are generally healthy. Highly processed, industrial seed oils tend to be unhealthy. Let’s face the facts – we ate vegetable oils because they were CHEAP, not because they were healthy.
patrix

Unread post by patrix »

There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance. That principle is contempt prior to investigation. - Herbert Spencer

And this is essential when the Nutwork craft their lies. To question the suffering of the portrayed victims of 9/11 is seen as contemptuous.

Edit:
A site about physics and truth seeking I stumbled upon. Very interesting post about the infamous double slit experiment:
https://sciencevstruth.com/2013/12/08/e ... xperiment/
The author also writes about the Michelson-Morley experiment. I have contacted him about Simons Tychos and suggested that this may be the reason that experiment detected no significant motion through the Ether.
sharpstuff

Re: THE "CHATBOX" - Fiction Science

Unread post by sharpstuff »

CHATBOX

Fiction Science

I have been working hard on a topic which I call 'Fiction Science'. It may well be my last posting on Clues Forum, which in my view, is the most responsible forum it is possible to visit.
It is a long screed but encapsulates a great many of the subjects which I have been persuing for over sixty years and upon which I have written many, many articles and poems. I have never, in all those years been able to share my ideas with anyone face-to-face.
I suppose I am asking any digital comrades for their view on posting a long essay, the essence of which has taken me over fifty years to compile (one way or another). I an not craving indulgence.

It is said that if your work (as in 'study' or 'thesis' is over-long, then: " Go away and write a novel." I have done so.

Aside: I was 'relief-teaching' a group of students once and one of the pupils came to my desk and said that she had finished an assignment. I said: " Go away and write a novel." She replied that she was indeed. I asked her to show me, which she did and I read it, hoping to give her inspiration that some-one was willing to read it with fellow-feeling. Having been, myself, a writer since I was 12 years old, I was anxious that some-one else might be interested as no-one had ever read mine.

In defence of my long post, I append a joke I once heard. Please enjoy even this stilted version...

...Jean-Pierre, a brave French WW1 fighter pilot, takes his girlfriend, Marie, out for a pleasant little picnic by the River Seine. It's a beautiful day, and love is in the air. Marie leans over to Jean-Pierre and says: "Jean-Pierre, kiss me!"

Our hero grabs a bottle of Merlot wine and splashes it on Marie's lips. "What are you doing, Jean-Pierre?", says the startled Marie.

"I am Jean-Pierre the fighter pilot! When I have red meat, I have red wine!" She smiles and they start kissing. When things began to heat up a little, Marie says, "Jean-Pierre, kiss me lower."

Our hero tears her blouse open, grabs a bottle of Chardonnay and starts pouring it all over her breasts. "Jean-Pierre! What are you doing?", asks the bewildered Marie.

"I am Jean-Pierre the fighter pilot! When I have white meat, I have white wine!"

They resume their passionate interlude and things really steam up. Marie leans close to his ear and whispers, Pierre, kiss me lower!"

Our hero rips off her underwear, grabs a bottle of Cognac and pours it in her lap. He then strikes a match and lights it on fire. Marie shrieks and dives into the river. Standing waist deep in the water, Marie throws her arms upwards and screams furiously, "Jean-Pierre, WHAT IN THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?"

Our hero stands up defiantly and says, "I am Jean-Pierre the fighter pilot! If I go down, I go down in flames!"...

I hope my essay does not go the same way (in flames!)

Positive comments are welcome for the inclusion of my essay into Clues Forum, written, as always, in good faith,
Sharpstuff.