Re: Introduce Yourself to the Administrators

Discussions related to both taboo and peculiar areas of research.
TheWalruss
Vetted and Denied

Unread post by TheWalruss »

[Admin Notice by SCS on December 7, 2018: After some careful thought and deliberation, I have decided to create this topic. I think our members should have an opportunity to see that we give potential members a fair opportunity to demonstrate good faith and some basic familiarity with the existing research before simply being allowed onto the forum.

It’s not fair to leave the vetting to members who don’t have time for the distraction of it. And it’s also not fair to new members (who do make it) to be subjected to immediate further vetting. This will remain locked, but feedback about the process is welcome in the CHATBOX.]

Special thanks to Smokeythebarrister for his wise advice in the vetting process, and in helping me to make this particular decision.]

I was led here by a /u/patrixxxx on reddit, who insists that rocket propulsion is impossible in a vacuum. Arguments on reddit are rarely effective, and given the 50+ pages on the topic, I felt I could more effectively correct misunderstandings regarding rocket science right in the forum. I'm planning to construct a step-by-step illustrated lesson on the subject and post it in the relevant thread.

I'm not interested in theories around the events of 9/11 itself. Rather, the involvement of the Saudis, Bush Jr.'s reluctance to pursue them politically, the CIA's incompetence, etc., are highly relevant to regional and global politics today.

I'm a systems engineer with a background in machine vision and AI, 35 years old, working as a consultant in a self-owned company, and have been involved with science outreach and education since university, both online and IRL.
TheWalruss
Vetted and Denied

I guess I'll complement my comment by saying I'm Swedish, and generally skeptical of all things. I use my training and skills as scientist and engineer to "ground truth" as much as possible myself, but also have friends across the globe who are scientists and engineers with different fields of expertise.
SacredCowSlayer
Administrator

Unread post by SacredCowSlayer »

TheWalruss » November 30th, 2018, 7:07 am wrote: . . .

I'm not interested in theories around the events of 9/11 itself.

. . .
I want to make sure I understand you here. It’s not that you need to be “interested” in the 9/11 research. We would however like to know whether (and to what extent) you are familiar with the concepts and the analytical processes in which we review the evidence presented to us.

The technology, concepts, and tactics used in the 9/11 media event were (and continue to be) used through the very same outlets used to TELL us about practically all things (outer) space related. So it is a relevant point of inquiry.
I'm a systems engineer with a background in machine vision and AI, 35 years old, working as a consultant in a self-owned company, and have been involved with science outreach and education since university, both online and IRL.
Given your stated background regarding “machine vision and AI,” I am most definitely curious about your feedback with respect to some basic imagery analysis concerning 9/11.

Note, I have written extensively in opposition to some CF members who have persisted in what I would call a “litmus test” concerning new members. My position on that hasn’t changed.

That said, we do require intellectual honesty and good faith as we moderate this forum. And I don’t want to pretend that we can sort of skip the whole issue of imagery, and go straight in to more theoretical explanations of “how rocketry in the vacuum” supposedly works.

So, if you don’t mind providing some feedback (it need not be extensive) about the following images, I would sincerely appreciate it.

Your apparent disinterest in 9/11 notwithstanding, do you consider the imagery presented to us (which purports to depict reality) concerning a given issue (whatever it may be) to be an important part of the overall analysis? In particular, does it factor into the credibility of the underlying claim being made?

There aren’t any “right answers” to this stuff. So speak freely.

. . .

Simon and/or another Admin may have additional questions as well. Thank you for your patience here as we do our best to try and maintain a healthy virtual “ecosystem” here at Cluesforum. :)

Don’t forget to let us know why you chose the username “TheWalruss.”

I look forward to your reply here. . . at your convenience of course.

Sincerely,
TheWalruss
Vetted and Denied

I'll start with the easy question: I've used "TheWalruss" as my online handle since 1998, chosen on a whim as I was listening to some Beatles and I made a typo on the double-s.

Image analysis is of course an important part of any critical dialectic that includes visual media. That said, I don't claim any real training or experience in image forensics despite my expertise in image processing, machine vision, and AI.

Just like there is no difference in the sound produced by a hi-fi system playing a recording of a piano, and an actual piano (the physical pressure waves of sound are literally indistinguishable), ultimately an image contains a pixel array and there's no reliable way to determine the exact process that led to a particular pixel value - straight from an image sensor chip is rarely the case, even .RAW or .DNG or other "raw" formats are produced after image rectification and some other processes. Then there's photoshop, of course.

As to the images, I see nothing wrong with the video clips. The Voices memorial clearly posted the wrong picture and there is some confusion about his middle initial - perhaps he has multiple middle names.

What I find interesting is tracing the origin of an image (or other data) to determine the source, and seeing if the data is manipulated somewhere along the chain. That often says more about its contents and meaning than data forensics.
SacredCowSlayer
Administrator

TheWalruss » December 1st, 2018, 1:23 am wrote: . . .

Image analysis is of course an important part of any critical dialectic that includes visual media. That said, I don't claim any real training or experience in image forensics despite my expertise in image processing, machine vision, and AI.
If you don’t mind saying, what kind (at least generally) of imagery are you referring to here (in bold above)?
[1.] As to the images, I see nothing wrong with the video clips. [2.] The Voices memorial clearly posted the wrong picture and there is some confusion about his middle initial - perhaps he has multiple middle names.
1. I want to make sure I understand what you are saying here. You “see nothing wrong with the video clips” right?

Are you saying that you perceive them as both having had captured actual events, and are thus depicted as such?

Or, is it something like, “yeah, these are digital images, but only in the strictest sense”? Basically, how I might respond to my son who shows me a “video clip” from Rocket League or some other video game.

2. Alright, so, please correct me if I’m wrong here. But, I take that to mean that you start this analysis with the premise that:

a. this “Richard (?) Allen” character is a real person;
b. there was “confusion” about the middle name such that he managed to become an erroneously duplicated victim;
c. the CNN Memorial also got “his” age wrong (31 and 30);
d. a bar code on the cheek isn’t worth noting; and
e. after the passing of more than 17 years, the CNN Memorial shows the following image (as of this moment, on December 1, 2018) and has still not been able to clear up these otherwise basic “facts.”

Now mind you, the image above indicates that it was “updated” on August 23, 2004. You may want to contact somebody at CNN, or maybe the relative of this poor soul who has clearly been bar code stamped and forgotten.

I wonder why there hasn’t been a public outcry for all these poor victims that have ironically been replaced with “memorial candles.”

Thanks for your replies, and I’ll kindly allow Simon an opportunity to review your reply before we make a decision.

Sincerely,
TheWalruss
Vetted and Denied

I've worked in: vision-guided robotics for manufacturing and process automation; automatic license plate recognition for toll roads, parking systems, and law enforcement; industrial 2d and 3d vision systems for industrial automation, logistics, and process automation; camera systems in warehouse automation; vision processing in automotive active safety and autonomous driving systems. Plus I'm a hobby astronomer with an image processing fetish, so there is that.

There's nothing in the clips that point to any kind of deception, except some doofus put some arrows in one of the clips pointing out something I can't figure out.

Are you sure it's not two separate individuals who died. NYFD is pretty big and Richard and Allen aren't exactly rare names. At my last workplace there was a guy called X with a twin called Y, whereas my name is Y and I have a twin called X. And I sat next to a guy, Z, with the same first name as my other brother, and the same last name as my wife's maiden name, and on the other side of me sat a girl with my last name, even though we are unrelated. Is that suspicious? No, this kind of coincidence is statistically necessary. While it is still *rare* and COULD indicate a bug or error in the coverup program, if I were to investigate a 9/11 conspiracy I would do a statistical analysis of names, dates, and everything else you can put in a database and do the exact same analysis voting-fraud investigations perform. Any deviation from a normal distribution is usually done to massage generated data to look more "natural" but in reality leaves statistical signatures that can be detected. Like for example a real normal distribution of random numbers will have more numbers starting with 1 in the most significant position, while human-generated "random" numbers don't.

I've looked at some random threads here in the forum and have to say the analysis done here tends to be very sloppy, but in a crude way you have amassed a *lot* of content that is at least thought-provoking. Taking the most promising bits and making a rigorous analysis backing a coherent narrative could be a way to make the conclusions more palatable to a mainstream audience. Does that sound interesting or useful to you guys?
Dani
Administrator

Unread post by Dani »

TheWalruss » December 1st, 2018, 1:23 am wrote:The Voices memorial clearly posted the wrong picture and there is some confusion about his middle initial - perhaps he has multiple middle names.
SCS replied with the following question:
2. Alright, so, please correct me if I’m wrong here. But, I take that to mean that you start this analysis with the premise that:

a. this “Richard (?) Allen” character is a real person;
b. there was “confusion” about the middle name such that he managed to become an erroneously duplicated victim;
c. the CNN Memorial also got “his” age wrong (31 and 30);
d. a bar code on the cheek isn’t worth noting; and
e. after the passing of more than 17 years, the CNN Memorial shows the following image (as of this moment, on December 1, 2018) and has still not been able to clear up these otherwise basic “facts.”
Then you proceeded to follow up with:
Are you sure it's not two separate individuals who died.[?]
It sounds like you are the one who isn’t sure. Nevertheless, you didn’t answer the direct questions posed by SCS, which were neatly laid out for you.

Now I will simply ask you whether you “see a problem” with the “video” images that SCS shared with the members of this forum back on July 2, 2017.
SacredCowSlayer » July 2nd, 2016, 7:50 pm wrote:Here is the laughable and oddly named Mercury blastoff that has been posted above. But I have to wonder, which one of the released "videos" is the real one? :rolleyes:

I count at least three different versions so far, all collected from a variety of NASA documentaries depicting this glorious moment in history.

Moreover, I'd like to add that the first living thing put in space by the U.S. was a chimp named Ham. You really can't spell sham without "ham.”:lol:

The following clip can be seen in the NASA documentary at https://youtu.be/v5ZFT7TpYqM at the 23:33 mark.

And this one with the wooden shack (prop) flipping backwards (unlike the previous one above) can be seen here https://youtu.be/KkG1WMzoikY at roughly the 8:14 mark.

Then of course there is this little bit of magic. Just one minor problem that should be readily observed. Yes, the entire scene is mirrored. :wacko:
Do kindly let us know if it’s obvious to you which one of these NASA clips is the “real launch.”

Thanks,
Dani
Dani
Administrator

Unread post by Dani »

TheWalruss » December 1st, 2018, 1:20 pm wrote:I
Are you sure it's not two separate individuals who died. NYFD is pretty big and Richard and Allen aren't exactly rare names. At my last workplace there was a guy called X with a twin called Y, whereas my name is Y and I have a twin called X. And I sat next to a guy, Z, with the same first name as my other brother, and the same last name as my wife's maiden name, and on the other side of me sat a girl with my last name, even though we are unrelated. Is that suspicious? No, this kind of coincidence is statistically necessary. While it is still *rare* and COULD indicate a bug or error in the coverup program, if I were to investigate a 9/11 conspiracy I would do a statistical analysis of names, dates, and everything else you can put in a database and do the exact same analysis voting-fraud investigations perform. Any deviation from a normal distribution is usually done to massage generated data to look more "natural" but in reality leaves statistical signatures that can be detected. Like for example a real normal distribution of random numbers will have more numbers starting with 1 in the most significant position, while human-generated "random" numbers don't.
Also, if you were to end up in the “Registered Users” group, I would appreciate it if your paragraphs were three to five sentences long. For those of us who are not specialized in “AI” technology, it at least makes it easier on the eyes. Thank you in advance.
Dani
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

TheWalruss wrote: There's nothing in the clips that point to any kind of deception, except some doofus put some arrows in one of the clips pointing out something I can't figure out.
Oh, I guess that's me (the "doofus"). How about you perhaps being a doofus, Walruss? If you can't figure out simple things like photo forgery / image processing (which you say is "your fetish"?), I'm afraid you may not be a very helpful contributor to this forum.
TheWalruss wrote:I've looked at some random threads here in the forum and have to say the analysis done here tends to be very sloppy, but in a crude way you have amassed a *lot* of content that is at least thought-provoking.
So you've looked at some "random threads" and have concluded that the analyses done here tend to be "very sloppy"? Pardon me, but it seems that the sloppiness here is your own attempt to register at this forum. Do you understand ANY of this forum's longstanding research topics? It doesn't sound like it.
TheWalruss wrote:I was led here by a /u/patrixxxx on reddit, who insists that rocket propulsion is impossible in a vacuum. Arguments on reddit are rarely effective, and given the 50+ pages on the topic, I felt I could more effectively correct misunderstandings regarding rocket science right in the forum. I'm planning to construct a step-by-step illustrated lesson on the subject and post it in the relevant thread.
Sorry, my dear fellow Swede - but I'm not interested in any lectures regarding "rocket science" from an arrogant 35-year-old prick who feels the need to state that "I have friends across the globe who are scientists and engineers with different fields of expertise" - as if this would mean anything as to the functionality of your own gray matter. Life is too short and this forum does not provide a platform to timewasters. Goodbye now.
Quift
Vetted and Denied

Unread post by Quift »

Hi everyone,

I fell into the rabbit hole about 5 years ago when the bottom of the barrel of materialism fell off and left me bewildered in a world I no longer recognised. After burning through the initial resistance to have my old world view challenged I have now since about 2 years started the process of re-mapping the world into better models. I was lead to the Cluesforum from hearing an interview with Simon Shack on the Cui Bono Podcast and after looking into the model quickly I immediately saw and recognized the magnetic lines of force that define my current understanding of physics. Being able to finally put the nail in the coffin for such silly notions such as "gravity" and "relativity" and rely on a model that is not based upon the bending of and manipulation of Time (an illusion created by consciousness, and Space (by definition nothing, can not have properties).

With regards to 911, and other subjects. I am still trying to figure out WHY the powers that shouldn't be had to organise that gigantic magical ritual to celebrate that specific astrological alignment, but here we are. In a world run by mad wizards.

Professionally I work as an online media analyst, want to know who many people queried a certain topic, how many youtube comments mentioned a certain keyword or how many russian bots you need to steal an election? I'm your guy (correct answer, you need 800 bots that you have made yourself with russian meta-data to lower your oppositions credibility) .

It is a mad world. Let us have fun.
SacredCowSlayer
Administrator

Dear Quift,

Thank you for the introduction. TYCHOS is what brought you here right? Congratulations for that. . . it seems that precious few people find this rare oasis.

Your description of what is essentially the will to push through cognitive dissonance is similar to my own experience, and rings true. Keep pressing on. That’s my encouragement.

I was one who mentally resisted this place (initially) until intellectual honesty gave way. So it took me a good year and a half or two (it’s hard to remember now exactly how long) just following along and reading here before I finally joined.

I guess my only question for you is whether you are familiar with the basics of the September Clues research? That includes (of course) the concept of Vicsims. And as customarily asked of new members- if you claim to know any alleged victim(s) of a media event discussed on this forum, please go ahead and let us know.

I’ll give my fellow Admins the rest of the day to ask any questions before either admitting you or asking any follow up questions I may have.

Sincerely,
Quift
Vetted and Denied

Unread post by Quift »

I have heard the concept before, and if I remember correctly official records do not match the number of alleged victims in several cases, so one ends up with some actual victims, and plenty of false ones in 911, and no victims in Sandy Hook according to official FBI sources. And with regards to overall media fakery, yes I am aware that we live in an age of propaganda bombardement from several sources.

And I do not know any victims of terrorist attacks. I do know victims of big pharma, police brutality and state indoctrination though, does that count?
Quift
Vetted and Denied

Re: What is Gravity?

Unread post by Quift »

Given how any serious discussion on gravity has to involve Ken Wheelers grating voice and mannerism, I will share this life-changing tip.

change the playback speed to 0.75.

This is like reaching Gnosis, it has to be experienced first hand to know the difference.
SacredCowSlayer
Administrator

Re: What is Gravity?

Quift » January 11th, 2019, 8:35 am wrote:Given how any serious discussion on gravity has to involve Ken Wheelers grating voice and mannerism, I will share this life-changing tip.

change the playback speed to 0.75.

This is like reaching Gnosis, it has to be experienced first hand to know the difference.
Dear Quift,

I have moved your post here until your full membership is approved and activated. At the appropriate time I will move it back to that topic. But right now it is premature.

That was my bad on the setup of your account.

My apologies.

Sincerely,
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

Quift » January 11th, 2019, 1:22 pm wrote: It is a mad world. Let us have fun.
Dear Quift,

I fully agree with both of your above statements. In fact, the second one reflects my current life philosophy. -_-

Welcome to Cluesforum.