Einstein and other gods of science

Historical insights & thoughts about the world we live in - and the social conditioning exerted upon us by past and current propaganda.
Mansur

Re: Einstein and other gods of science

Unread post by Mansur »

Kham » October 21st, 2018, 6:05 am wrote:...Cost $8,500 to attend the conference...
...There is so much more to say about the disasters of TEDtalks, brought to you since 1986, and how they hypnotize the learned community, could be a thread of its own.
If they are willing to pay for it we are willing to give free rein to our malice and say: it serves them jolly well right.

These “talks” are not about science, they are about “success” (power)! That is the honey string by which these people are led with. And again: it serves them right.

TED talks (now they appear with subtitles of at least a dozen of languages) seem to be much more a phenomenon than a reason or cause or effective power in itself. (Or at least it can be viewed as such.) Something like BBC documentaries or National Geographic or such like (whose number is legion). Maybe only the TEDs are on the top of the “food chain”… and so perhaps it really deserves “a thread of its own”.

„Learned community”: it’s a curious term having “meaning”, I think, only in dictionaries of our modern times. So it wouldn’t be without benefit to try to define it, -- of what kind of learning and of what kind of community it is.
After viewing a TEDtalk one might get the feeling that others are handling the needs of this world, so don’t worry, don’t try to bother your intellect by figuring anything out. Science is getting it all figured out for you.
Absolutely. (Since generally it is the job of the propaganda.)

But they speak to people having raised (learned) already to be the audience of these dream-worlds. There is in it something of the “chosen guys” thing... You should only believe in the teaching and salvation comes almost automatically… Maybe the talks serve to the “learned” as kind of confirmation or confession or even communion (provided they are still real talks now with real audience, -- some seem very fishy).

Kham, sorry, please, but the cause of real disasters i.e. of real human sufferings I see rather in those “learned communities”, since this kind of PR (the TEDs) would be wholly ineffective without them, -- and we needed to be a Christian very much indeed to see them as victims.
bongostaple

Unread post by bongostaple »

aa5 » October 22nd, 2018, 8:08 am wrote:That 18 minute time frame does seem a limiting factor. Probably the owners of Tedtalks figured out the ideal time of presentations that their paying guests like.
This might sound fucking bonkers, but I think it might have something to do with entraining the minds of an audience. I've regularly meditated during the last 10 years, and have noticed that whilst meditating, my conscious thinking gradually reduces. But there is a point where the meditation goes even deeper, and not gradually either. No prizes for guessing that for me, that point occurs at 17-19 minutes. I have asked a wholly arbitrary selection of friends who also meditate, and they all noticed this occurring from about 16 minutes to 21 minutes.

I think I was right though, this does sound a bit mad, but it occurred to me right when I read the sentence there mentioning 18 minutes. Maybe that last few minutes of a talk allow the speaker to bury some concepts deeply into the audience's minds.

Yup, I must be mad, but thought I would post this anyway.
Flabbergasted
Administrator

Unread post by Flabbergasted »

bongostaple » October 26th, 2018, 5:33 pm wrote:Yup, I must be mad, but thought I would post this anyway.
You did very well.
Kham
Admin

Unread post by Kham »

Last 18 minutes, hmmm. That is fascinating. The TEDtalks room is very dark, the stage is also pretty dark except what is needed to illuminate around the speaker and included graphics. Not like a lecture, more like a play, as if one needs to buy into the illusion. Now that’s kind of creepy. Include those strange hand gestures and wide leg stances that TEDtalkers adopt and it is reminding me more and more of a magic show.
bongostaple

Unread post by bongostaple »

It does look a bit like covert NLP too - maybe something in it, maybe not. Also, I just remembered something very similar - I spent four years working for a large technology company and when the big boss came over we would be herded into an amphitheatre and given no shit, a 25 minute talk. Never more, never less either. And the hand signals were all in there. That's like being force-fed the Kool Aid, so to speak....
aa5

Unread post by aa5 »

In big corporations or big government operations you sort of need legions of people who are relatively smart but who do exactly as they are told and never think outside the box. The modern mega-corporations are pushing innovative research out of their companies and instead funding research through small startup companies that are outside their organization. And importantly the people at those small innovative companies don't interact with the corporate culture of the mothership.

Those types of people who are smart but not radical thinkers, nowadays have all sorts of fancy degrees, and they want to think they are edgy, outside the box thinking people.. while at the same time their psychology is they don't want to hear or see any ideas that are not 'inside the box'. For example how smart technically educated people react when you question the Moon missions. That is the personality type and its very common. Its like 'closed minded' people don't view themselves as closed minded. They think they are open minded and just have all the right answers.

On the other hand, to not just be negative on these people, the reality is you need these huge organizations with 10's of thousands of group thinking people, to actually do most things. For example, that radical thinker who invents something from out of left field, he is not going to be interested in the many decades struggle of building that technology all over the world, and then for many, many decades, maintaining and upgrading the technology.

The day to day operations of the corporation, like battling with local regulatory agencies and paperwork for years to build something, is the work of those non-radical thinkers. For marketing, how do you convince 'the masses' who are not smart and not at all open to new ideas that some new thing is beneficial for them. Well its a dreary plan, you just bombard them for years with the same messaging, loud annoying music and such over and over again until it becomes the new thing they believe and won't easily change their minds on.
patrix

Unread post by patrix »

Bringing balance to the universe...

I must say it's rather fascinating to fully and wholeheartedly understand that articles such as below cannot be anything else but complete and utter bullshit.
An excerpt from the blog http://www.sciencevstruth.com that I recommend reading:
Most physics students do agree that the theory of relativity is weird, but they put that down to their ignorance and inability to grasp the ‘complex’ mathematics behind the theory (like the crowd in the Emperor story who believe that it must be their ignorance that is stopping them from appreciating the Emperor’s magical costume!). And to progress in their career, students have to believe in the weird theory and live up to the expectations of their professors (who themselves have also gone through the same indoctrination process as students). After years of chanting and studying the same physics, some ‘bright’ students at some point of time in their career get ‘enlightened’ and they ‘realize’ that relativity is not at all weird but actually represents the ultimate reality or truth. Having studied and chanted the weird theory for years, now they don’t see anything weird in relativity. And having suppressed common sense during all these years of study, now it is the commonsense that appears weird to them. At this stage they get opportunities to join and interact with the top class physicists of the world (who had also gone through the same phases of ‘transformation’) and keep spreading the weird science. This is how science students ascend in their career and become physicists. And the process is no different from someone becoming a priest.
From https://sciencevstruth.com/2012/12/21/a ... -sciences/

Bringing balance to the universe: New theory could explain missing 95 percent of the cosmos
December 5, 2018, University of Oxford
Dark Matter
Dark matter map of KiDS survey region (region G12). Credit: KiDS survey

Scientists at the University of Oxford may have solved one of the biggest questions in modern physics, with a new paper unifying dark matter and dark energy into a single phenomenon: a fluid which possesses 'negative mass." If you were to push a negative mass, it would accelerate towards you. This astonishing new theory may also prove right a prediction that Einstein made 100 years ago.

Our current, widely recognised model of the Universe, called LambdaCDM, tells us nothing about what dark matter and dark energy are like physically. We only know about them because of the gravitational effects they have on other, observable matter.

This new model, published today in Astronomy and Astrophysics, by Dr. Jamie Farnes from the Oxford e-Research Centre, Department of Engineering Science, offers a new explanation. Dr. Farnes says: "We now think that both dark matter and dark energy can be unified into a fluid which possesses a type of 'negative gravity," repelling all other material around them. Although this matter is peculiar to us, it suggests that our cosmos is symmetrical in both positive and negative qualities."

The existence of negative matter had previously been ruled out as it was thought this material would become less dense as the Universe expands, which runs contrary to our observations that show dark energy does not thin out over time. However, Dr. Farnes' research applies a 'creation tensor," which allows for negative masses to be continuously created. It demonstrates that when more and more negative masses are continually bursting into existence, this negative mass fluid does not dilute during the expansion of the cosmos. In fact, the fluid appears to be identical to dark energy.

Dr. Farnes's theory also provides the first correct predictions of the behaviour of dark matter halos. Most galaxies are rotating so rapidly they should be tearing themselves apart, which suggests that an invisible 'halo' of dark matter must be holding them together. The new research published today features a computer simulation of the properties of negative mass, which predicts the formation of dark matter halos just like the ones inferred by observations using modern radio telescopes.

Albert Einstein provided the first hint of the dark universe exactly 100 years ago, when he discovered a parameter in his equations known as the 'cosmological constant," which we now know to be synonymous with dark energy. Einstein famously called the cosmological constant his 'biggest blunder," although modern astrophysical observations prove that it is a real phenomenon. In notes dating back to 1918, Einstein described his cosmological constant, writing that 'a modification of the theory is required such that "empty space" takes the role of gravitating negative masses which are distributed all over the interstellar space." It is therefore possible that Einstein himself predicted a negative-mass-filled universe.

Dr. Farnes says: "Previous approaches to combining dark energy and dark matter have attempted to modify Einstein's theory of general relativity, which has turned out to be incredibly challenging. This new approach takes two old ideas that are known to be compatible with Einstein's theory—negative masses and matter creation—and combines them together.

"The outcome seems rather beautiful: dark energy and dark matter can be unified into a single substance, with both effects being simply explainable as positive mass matter surfing on a sea of negative masses."

Proof of Dr. Farnes's theory will come from tests performed with a cutting-edge radio telescope known as the Square Kilometre Array (SKA), an international endeavour to build the world's largest telescope in which the University of Oxford is collaborating.

Dr. Farnes adds: "There are still many theoretical issues and computational simulations to work through, and LambdaCDM has a nearly 30 year head start, but I'm looking forward to seeing whether this new extended version of LambdaCDM can accurately match other observational evidence of our cosmology. If real, it would suggest that the missing 95% of the cosmos had an aesthetic solution: we had forgotten to include a simple minus sign."

From https://phys.org/news/2018-12-universe- ... osmos.html
SacredCowSlayer
Administrator

Unread post by SacredCowSlayer »

patrix » December 5th, 2018, 4:08 am wrote:Bringing balance to the universe...

Bringing balance to the universe: New theory could explain missing 95 percent of the cosmos
December 5, 2018, University of Oxford
Dark Matter
Dark matter map of KiDS survey region (region G12). Credit: KiDS survey

. . .

Our current, widely recognised model of the Universe, called LambdaCDM, tells us nothing about what dark matter and dark energy are like physically. We only know about them because of the gravitational effects they have on other, observable matter.

This new model, published today in Astronomy and Astrophysics, by Dr. Jamie Farnes from the Oxford e-Research Centre, Department of Engineering Science, offers a new explanation. Dr. Farnes says: "We now think that both dark matter and dark energy can be unified into a fluid which possesses a type of 'negative gravity," repelling all other material around them. Although this matter is peculiar to us, it suggests that our cosmos is symmetrical in both positive and negative qualities."

. . .

This new approach takes two old ideas that are known to be compatible with Einstein's theory—negative masses and matter creation—and combines them together.

"The outcome seems rather beautiful: dark energy and dark matter can be unified into a single substance, with both effects being simply explainable as positive mass matter surfing on a sea of negative masses."

. . .

“If real, it would suggest that the missing 95% of the cosmos had an aesthetic solution: we had forgotten to include a simple minus sign."

[all bold inserted by SCS for emphasis]

From https://phys.org/news/2018-12-universe- ... osmos.html
It looks like our institutions have become plagued by backwards “reasoning” based on highly questionable premises (due to the elevated sacred cow status they enjoy). We see this time and again, as was recently pointed out by Simon here, in the context of discussing Sirius A and Sirius B.

That said, the article (posted above) sure sounds like it is describing magnetism, even though “gravitational” language is being used.

Fascinating. . .
patrix

Unread post by patrix »

That said, the article (posted above) sure sounds like it is describing magnetism, even though “gravitational” language is being used.
Fascinating. . .
Good catch SCS. That's it! They're describing magnetism like it was some new unknown force, with weird pompous language...
If you were to push a negative mass, it would accelerate towards you
:rolleyes:
Kham
Admin

Unread post by Kham »

Disputing the Math of Modern Science

Stephen Crothers does a bang up job of injecting reality into modern science and its notions of the speed of light, black holes and gravitational waves. What Stephen is saying supports Ken Wheelers universe which is driven by magnetism.

Stephen Crothers: LIGO -- Its Claims for Black Holes and Gravitational Waves | EU2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ev10ywLFq6E
Kham
Admin

Unread post by Kham »

Bad Science and the Line/Curve of Best Fit

One can construct a line of best fit equation for ANY set of data. That’s basically all Newton, Einstein and countless others have done. Plot the data points on a graph, see what type of curve they look like, then construct an equation to mimic the curve. It’s just backwards engineering but of the mathematical kind. The more complicated the equation the better its predictability. See logistics equations. The caveat is that the curve equation only works for a finite domain. Go before or after the segment of domain for which the equation was constructed and there is decreasing predictability.

Also, one must consider the data set being used. Clearly, thinking of the TYCHOS, Newton used incomplete data for his orbital equations. Had Newton used more complete data he would have found that uniform circular motion was the paths of our planetary bodies.

Stephen Crothers has done a great job of bringing this fact to life. He has crystallized the words I have been thinking since I investigated Newton’s formulas. More on this later. I wanted to post these thoughts in order that others could help me put this into proper words.
aa5

Unread post by aa5 »

Ya exactly, backfitting curves can be hypothesis generating but its not proof.

Proof is your theory predicts certain outcomes, and then when tests are run, the test results consistently match the theory's predictions.
patrix

Unread post by patrix »

Inspired by Simon's Kennedy post I would like to do a “throw your idols away” myself.

I thought Miles Mathis was a genuine truth seeker for some time and was fascinated by many of his PDFs. This was one of my favorites (and still is!) http://mileswmathis.com/guru.pdf. But eventually I became suspicious. His explanations on physics are, well, confusing. Although some may be correct. Disinformation needs to 90% true to be effective, as the saying goes.

This is one example http://milesmathis.com/double.html (makes no sense).

And here’s another explanation I eventually found https://sciencevstruth.com/2013/12/08/e ... xperiment/ (makes perfect sense).

It’s pretty clear that real science supports an ether and the wave theory of light. And interestingly the wickedpedia claims the ether was “disproved” by the Michelson-Morley experiment https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michelson ... experiment.

The conclusion can be summarized as – Since the Copernican model has to be correct, and since no significant motion of Earth was detected by the Michelson-Morley experiment (which the Copernican model presupposes), we explain away common sense physics by bringing in Mr. Einstein and his relativity. And as we now know, this started the whole sad story of turning physics into Quantum mysticism.

Happy holidays everyone /Patrik
Kham
Admin

Unread post by Kham »

Proof of The Ether

Good point about the ether Patrix. If ANY waves (radio or otherwise) are being recorded here on earth from out there in space, then one must ask which medium the waves are moving through. A wave is what something does, not what something is.

Just like sound waves cannot transmit without an atmosphere to wave through, space also needs a medium to transmit waves of any kind. That medium is the ether.

If there was no ether, then signals and noises would never make it to earth. That is, if in fact what scientists say they are recording from outer space is factual.
pov603

Unread post by pov603 »

Merry Xmas everyone!
As slighty off topic as this may seem it has always puzzled me about how they say a shark can "detect" blood in water from "X" miles/Kms away.
https://www.sharks-world.com/shark_senses/
I'm quite sure if you asked someone, or stated this as a fact, they would either agree or at least not disagree.
Such is the disinformation we are constantly bombarded with until it becomes "fact".
Now, of course, the water acts as a medium but I don't ever seem to remember reading about how the blood's "smell" is actually transmitted through this medium.
They always seem to be a bit vague on this.
Same with space, as you stated, they tell us they "hear" things but "how" they do not elaborate on.
Anyway, off to eat and drink now...have a great day and catch up with you all again soon!