The PR of Secret Societies

Historical insights & thoughts about the world we live in - and the social conditioning exerted upon us by past and current propaganda.
kickstones

Re: The PR of Secret Societies

Unread post by kickstones »

In regards 440 tuning pitch a quick google reveals many articles out there.

For example....

Musical Cult Control: The Rockefeller Foundation’s War on Consciousness Through the Impostion of A=440Hz Standard Tuning

by Leonard G. Horowitz, DMD, MA, MPH, DNM(hon.)
Published here: Friday, October 22, 2010 @ 5:43 AM

Abstract

This article details events in musical history that are central to understanding and treating modern psychopathology, social aggression, political corruption, genetic dysfunction, and cross-cultural degeneration of traditional values risking life on earth. This history concerns A=440Hz “standard tuning,” and the Rockefeller Foundation’s military commercialization of music. The monopolization of the music industry features this imposed frequency that is “herding” populations into greater aggression, psychosocial agitation, and emotional distress predisposing people to physical illnesses and financial impositions profiting the agents, agencies, and companies engaged in the monopoly. Alternatively, the most natural, instinctively attractive, A=444Hz (C5=528Hz) frequency that is most vividly displayed botanically has been suppressed. That is, the “good vibrations” that the plant kingdom obviously broadcasts in its greenish-yellow display, remedial to emotional distress, social aggression, and more, has been musically censored. Thus, a musical revolution is needed to advance world health and peace, and has already begun with musicians retuning their instruments to perform optimally, impact audiences beneficially, and restore integrity to the performing arts and sciences. Music makers are thus urged to communicate and debate these facts, condemn the militarization of music that has been secretly administered, and retune instruments and voices to frequencies most sustaining and healing.

https://battleofearth.wordpress.com/201 ... rd-tuning/

The link to the main article doesn't work on the site above, here's a direct link to the article that does...

http://medicalveritas.org/musical-cult-control/

Introduction

Contrary to popular opinion, the most powerful “hard” science influencing society, politics, and economics is behavioral science. This generally neglected fact enables advertising agencies, social engineers, marketing firms, and the persuasive media, to direct people, like cattle, most profitably.

A flock of sheep, for example, according to the Merck Veterinary Manual, responds synchronously to stimuli, such as approaching dogs or humans, due to a special set of nerve cells that fire electrically causing the release of stress hormones associated with the flight response and herd behavior. Malcolm Gladwell’s, The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference, cites social examples of the small levels or percentages of a total population required to act, “at which the momentum for change becomes unstoppable” for the entire social network.

There have been many unexplained “mass hysteria” episodes recorded besides the War of the Worlds fright that was broadcast by CBS Radio and narrated by Orson Welles, on October 30, 1938. Bartholomew called a related public health crisis, “Occupational Mass Psychogenic Illness” in Transcultural Psychiatry. Wessely added the warning that this bizarre herd behavior impacting health and well-being reflects poorly on our mass mindset inspired by the terroristic media. He wrote:

t is easy to lose sight of the dynamic, protean [varied] nature of mass sociogenic illness and its historical and transcultural manifestations, which mirror popular social and cultural preoccupations that define each era and reflect unique social beliefs about the nature of the world........

The Rockefeller Foundation and Military Music

..........Academically directed by grants provided by the Rockefeller Foundation, in concert with the US Navy and National Defense Research Council according to the foundation’s archives, acoustic energy researchers, including Harold Burris-Meyer, an audio engineer and drama instructor at New Jersey’s Stevens Institute of Technology, were commissioned.........
ICfreely

Unread post by ICfreely »

Nice work, kickstones. A friend of mine in Vegas introduced me to the concept of "music therapy" late last year. He was born into a "mob family" and has lived an interesting life to say the least. He's a DJ/producer and we grew up on gangsta' rap, heavy metal, EDM and all that. Now he's formed a foundation to provide a 12 week music course to at risk youth in Clark County; teaching them how to write, produce and distribute their own songs (completely bypassing the record labels in the process). He told me that, based on what kind of track he lays, he can control the vibe/theme of the artist's lyrics. Keeps telling me, "Music is medicine."

The damage the music industry's been inflicting on society is not lost on me but the info you posted here is news to me. Very interesting stuff. Thanks for that.
kickstones

ICfreely » January 15th, 2019, 4:01 am wrote:
The damage the music industry's been inflicting on society is not lost on me .
Or a few other folk.

Jailhouse Roc: The FACTS About Hip Hop and Prison for Profit

..........My tirade was about marketing. It was about media powers seeking out the biggest pretend criminal kingpins they can find, (many of whom who shamelessly adopt the names of actual real life criminal kingpins like 50 Cent and Rick Ross), and exalting them as the poster children for a culture. It was about an art form reduced to product placement, the selling of a lifestyle, and ultimately, a huge ad for imprisonment.

This is not my opinion.

Corrections Corporation of AmericaLast year Corrections Corporation of America (CCA), the biggest name in the private prison industry, contacted 48 states offering to buy their prisons. One stipulation of eligibility for the deal was particularly bizarre: “an assurance by the agency partner that the agency has sufficient inmate population to maintain a minimum 90% occupancy rate over the term of the contract.

What kind of legitimate and ethical measures could possibly be taken to ensure the maintenance of a 90% prison occupancy rate?.......

...........Yasiin Bey (formerly Mos Def) put it best; “‘hip-hop” is just shorthand for ‘black people.'” Before our eyes and ears, a “web of business relationships that now defines America’s media and culture” has one particular business raking in billions of dollars while another defines the culture of a specific demographic as criminal. Both business are owned by the same people. Mainstream media continue to endorse hip-hop that glorifies criminality (most notably drug trafficking and violence), and private prison interests, long since proven to value profits over human rights, usher in inmates of color to meet capacity quotas. The same people disproportionately incarcerated when exposed to the criminal justice system are at every turn inundated with media normalizing incarceration to the point that wherever there is mainstream hip-hop music, reference to imprisonment as an ordinary, even expected, component of life is sure to follow.

Conspiracy theorists get a lot of flak for daring entertain the notion that people will do evil things for money. Historical atrocities like slavery and the Holocaust are universally acknowledged, yet simultaneously adopted is the contradictory position that there can’t possibly be any human beings around intelligent enough and immoral enough to perpetrate such things. Even in the midst of the Europe-wide beef that was actually horse-meat fiasco, and the release of real-life nightmare documenting films like “Sunshine and Oranges,” there is an abundance of people content to believe that the only conspiracies that ever exist are those that have successfully been exposed.

The link between mass media and the prison industrial complex, however, is part of a very different type of conversation.

The information in this article was not difficult to find; it is all public.

This is not a conspiracy. This is a fact.

http://hiphopandpolitics.com/2013/04/24 ... or-profit/
ICfreely

Rap music originally started out as a way to vocalize the strife of disenfranchised African Americans. It was a grass roots social/intellectual movement with uplifting messages. In the mid to late 80's industry big wigs decided to co-opt and subvert that movement with the new advent of gangsta' rap. I remember reading a "conspiracy" article about it a few years back. Can't seem to find it.

Anyway, saggin' (wearing one's pants very low) originated from faggin' (prisoners who wear their pants low as a sign of their homosexuality). And all the talk of "bitches & hoe's" and denigrating women in general was deliberately promoted in order to damage traditional male/female relationships and the family unit.

With regards to America's private prison industry; it's interesting that "the land of the free and home of the brave" (5% of the world's population) is home to 25% of the world's prison population. Moreover, Americans consume more psychotropic medications than the rest of the world combined. This isn't a knock on Americans in any way whatsoever. Most Americans that I've been fortunate enough to know are genuinely good people. The devolution of society isn't just an American phenomenon. It's happening all over the world in varying degrees of intensity.
ICfreely

I managed to find the article.
Music Industry Confession

The Secret Meeting that Changed Rap Music and Destroyed a Generation

We love a good conspiracy theory. But even the ones that ring true can’t always be trusted. But then again, our entire global history is rife with real conspiracies, not just theories.

Wax Poetics, along with many other good people in the music and publishing industry, received this email today from an anonymous source claiming to be a former insider. We have chosen to post this for our audience to read, but we neither support nor argue against the claims of Mr. “John Smith.”

Hello,

After more than 20 years, I’ve finally decided to tell the world what I witnessed in 1991, which I believe was one of the biggest turning point in popular music, and ultimately American society. I have struggled for a long time weighing the pros and cons of making this story public as I was reluctant to implicate the individuals who were present that day. So I’ve simply decided to leave out names and all the details that may risk my personal well being and that of those who were, like me, dragged into something they weren’t ready for.

Between the late 80’s and early 90’s, I was what you may call a “decision maker” with one of the more established company in the music industry. I came from Europe in the early 80’s and quickly established myself in the business. The industry was different back then. Since technology and media weren’t accessible to people like they are today, the industry had more control over the public and had the means to influence them anyway it wanted...
The meeting was held at a private residence on the outskirts of Los Angeles. I remember about 25 to 30 people being there, most of them familiar faces. Speaking to those I knew, we joked about the theme of the meeting as many of us did not care for rap music and failed to see the purpose of being invited to a private gathering to discuss its future. Among the attendees was a small group of unfamiliar faces who stayed to themselves and made no attempt to socialize beyond their circle. Based on their behavior and formal appearances, they didn’t seem to be in our industry....
…He explained that the companies we work for had invested millions into the building of privately owned prisons and that our positions of influence in the music industry would actually impact the profitability of these investments. I remember many of us in the group immediately looking at each other in confusion. At the time, I didn’t know what a private prison was but I wasn’t the only one. Sure enough, someone asked what these prisons were and what any of this had to do with us. We were told that these prisons were built by privately owned companies who received funding from the government based on the number of inmates. The more inmates, the more money the government would pay these prisons. It was also made clear to us that since these prisons are privately owned, as they become publicly traded, we’d be able to buy shares. Most of us were taken back by this. Again, a couple of people asked what this had to do with us. At this point, my industry colleague who had first opened the meeting took the floor again and answered our questions. He told us that since our employers had become silent investors in this prison business, it was now in their interest to make sure that these prisons remained filled. Our job would be to help make this happen by marketing music which promotes criminal behavior, rap being the music of choice. He assured us that this would be a great situation for us because rap music was becoming an increasingly profitable market for our companies, and as employee, we’d also be able to buy personal stocks in these prisons. Immediately, silence came over the room. You could have heard a pin drop. I remember looking around to make sure I wasn’t dreaming and saw half of the people with dropped jaws…

…As the months passed, rap music had definitely changed direction. I was never a fan of it but even I could tell the difference. Rap acts that talked about politics or harmless fun were quickly fading away as gangster rap started dominating the airwaves. Only a few months had passed since the meeting but I suspect that the ideas presented that day had been successfully implemented. It was as if the order has been given to all major label executives. The music was climbing the charts and most companies when more than happy to capitalize on it. Each one was churning out their very own gangster rap acts on an assembly line. Everyone bought into it, consumers included. Violence and drug use became a central theme in most rap music. I spoke to a few of my peers in the industry to get their opinions on the new trend but was told repeatedly that it was all about supply and demand. Sadly many of them even expressed that the music reinforced their prejudice of minorities.

http://www.waxpoetics.com/blog/news/mus ... onfession/
Mansur

Unread post by Mansur »

-------
"CONSPIRACY

Imagine an incredibly powerful, wealthy person who secretly prospers from conflict, disease and war learns that certain sound frequencies (those easily divisible by two, signifying opposition) create conflict, discord and disharmony while those divisible by three (signifying balance, polity, reconciliation, harmony) produce symmetry, and visually harmonic, pleasing structures.

Now imagine that he has the power to establish the tuning standard of all musical instruments throughout the Western World.

Imagine that he bases the entire scale of musical artistic creation upon a frequency which would skew vibrations towards discord.

It sounds like science fiction. Yet this is exactly what transpired in September 1939 when Rockefeller (Illuminati) financial interests dictated that the standard tuning for the note of “A” above middle C would henceforth be said to vibrate at precisely 440 cycles per second.

This unnatural standard tuning frequency, removed from the symmetry of sacred vibrations and overtones, has declared war on the subconscious mind of Western Man.

The standard tuning fork, which is set to vibrate the note “A” above middle C at 440 cycles per second, is based upon a frequency only divisible by two rather than three, which means that all of the musical notes both above and below it are affected...

https://battleofearth.wordpress.com/201 ... cal-scale/
To me, this is nonsense (and perhaps even a “declared war on the subconscious mind”).

As to the divisibility by three : is “second” really a measure of such cosmic standards that the musical overtones are bound to obey it?
...Despite the apparent “sweet music” a symphony orchestra can produce, when all instruments are tuned based on the A=440Hz key frequency, they are covert weapons no matter what “music” they may be playing.

These destructive frequencies entrain the thoughts towards disruption, disharmony, disunity. Additionally, they also stimulate the controlling organ of the body — the brain — into disharmonious resonance, which ultimately creates disease and war.”
“Covert weapons” are surely abundant in or around all music performances, classical or otherwise, but I don’t think the 440 Hz tuning is one of them -- or at least the article linked to by kickstones has not furnished any material to legitimate the claim.
bongostaple

Unread post by bongostaple »

I struggle to see how A=440Hz would cause the distress described, compared to A=444Hz, or in fact any other value. The description refers to 444Hz as being prevalent in nature, e.g. "...the “good vibrations” that the plant kingdom obviously broadcasts in its greenish-yellow display..."

I'm not trying to poo-poo the concept in general, But exactly how do 'greenish-yellow' plants emit a 444Hz vibration of any sort? Having said that, I do believe that music with excessive hard transients, minimal dynamic range due to compression for radio play, and different types of harmony, can affect the listeners mood to a great extent.

I'd be interested to see a clear description of what the difference causes. There are shitloads of records out there that were sped up or slowed down a tiny bit, deliberately and sometimes accidentally, prior to being released. The difference is often less than half a semitone, and the difference between A440 and A444 is..... ...less than half a semitone.

I've read a few things here and there talking about the A440 vs A444 difference, but any clear explanation of why it makes a difference, I have yet to find.
MrSinclair

Unread post by MrSinclair »

I think this discussion is meant to tie to 528hz, the so called "Love Frequency" as promoted by the noted charlatan Dr Len Horowitz. He and his paramour Sheri Kane promote this nonsense for financial gain in the guise of spreading love or some such quackery. As a musician and a professional in my own music related business I get to deal with some world class musicians, primarily in the jazz world. I've discussed this with some of them and to a player they dismiss it and put one thing and one thing only as paramount and that is the intention of the player. Whatever feeling they have the skill to convey will be clearly conveyed irrespective of tuning. Given that Dr Len is the chief proponent of 528 tuning it is safe to assume it is utter bullshit.

440 vs 444 generally refers to a slight difference in tuning that has evolved upwards over the years. For the most part orchestras in the USA favor 440 while Europe has tended to tune to 442. Perhaps as proof of a conspiracy in some minds, Israeli orchestras have been among the pioneers in adopting 444 tuning.
aa5

Unread post by aa5 »

Say you have a country with a bunch of people who do not conspire together behind the scenes. But then a few thousand men begin to conspire together to advance their own careers, positions and businesses. Obviously to anyone who has done serious reading about political ideas, before long, those few thousand men would hold all of the powerful positions in the society. And there is no way anyone could advance up beyond a certain level in the society, without the express approval of the conspirators.

Therefore, to stop such a conspiracy from attaining power, whoever currently holds power will have a vast intelligence apparatus to detect and break any conspiracies from building power. Since some men will always figure out this idea of forming conspiracies to advance their power, one of the best ways to interrupt the process is for the rulers to have many false front conspiracies ongoing.

It is the same with all dangerous ideas. Whether extremist ideologies or religious extremism, the state will need constant false fronts in order to act as a net against men who may one day threaten their power. It also creates confusion among men who are attempting to climb the ladders of power. If they are unsure if the conspiracy they have been approached to join, is a 'real' conspiracy or if it is a trap to test their loyalty to the state.
kickstones

bongostaple » December 27th, 2018, 4:49 pm wrote:Nice hidden hand pics - immediately reminded me of this one:

I recently came across this article, below, from OnePeterFive...

Freemasons Thank Francis for his Christmas Message

In 2017, OnePeterFive published a three-part series examining all the support that Pope Francis has received from Freemasons around the world since his election. At the time, we presented a compilation of 62 examples of public support from various Freemasonic figures or lodges for the 266th pope — an almost impossible thing to imagine happening less than a century ago.

Today, from the Italian journalist Aldo Maria Valli, we present a new example from the Masons of the Grand Orient Lodge of Spain, who have praised Francis for his Christmas message, in which he expressed “a wish for fraternity” among “individuals of every nation and culture,” among “people with different ideas, yet capable of respecting and listening to one another,” and “among persons of different religions.”

This message has been interpreted by the Freemasons of Spain as compatible with their own values, despite a long enmity between the Church’s ideals and those of the Freemasons.

We present below Aldi’s full post, translated from Italian for our audience by Giuseppe Pellegrino.

“Thank you, Francis” from “All the Freemasons of the World.”

by Aldo Maria Valli

“All the Masons of the world unite themselves to the petition of the Pope for “fraternity between persons of diverse religions”

The message which Spanish Masons have sent to Francis is truly full of enthusiasm and gratitude: “All the Masons of the world unite themselves to the request of the pope for ‘fraternity between persons of diverse religions.’”

The text was re-sent in a tweet by the Grand Lodge of Spain, which emphasized its identification with the views expressed by Francis in his Christmas Message.

“In his Christmas message from the central loggia of the Vatican,” wrote the Masons of the Grand Orient Lodge of Spain, “Pope Francis asked for the triumph of universal brotherhood among all human beings:

In affirming with emphasis the importance of the concepts expressed by Francis, the Grand Lodge of Spain observes: “The words of the Pope show how far the Church has come from the content of Humanum Genus (1884), the last great Catholic condemnation of Masonry.”

In the encyclical Humanum Genus Pope Leo XIII condemned Masonry without half-measures, stigmatizing “the great modern error of religious indifferentism and of the equality of all religions,” an attitude which the pope of that time called “the most opportune way to annihilate all religions, and especially Catholicism, which, because it is the one true religion, cannot be placed in a bundle with all the others without enormous injustice.”

According to the Spanish Masons, the way in which the present pope condemns religious fundamentalism and asks for fraternity and tolerance brings the Church alongside Masonry, uniting them in their commitment to universal fraternity, apart from their differences in the political, cultural, natural and religious fields.

https://onepeterfive.com/freemasons-tha ... ialnetwork
kickstones

From the same site linked above....

Why do the Freemasons Love Pope Francis?

Editor’s Note: As we have stated before, much of our work here at OnePeterFive is also based on the kindness and generosity of others who wish to contribute to our apostolate without being able, for different reasons, to go public with their own names. Thus we have been presented by a learned person the result of immense research, undertaken over a long period of time. After reviewing their findings, we have decided present to our readers, under a condition of anonymity, the evidence they have gathered demonstrating that Freemasons around the world have rejoiced over the election of Jorge Bergoglio to the papacy, and that they have continued to publicly praise him for his ongoing and expanding program of reform.

Since the words largely speak for themselves — and thus lead us all to a deeper reflection as to the nature and purpose of this papacy — we shall leave our readers with the abundant evidence compiled in the following pages. The quoted documents are not all presented in a chronological way. Since there is so much material, we shall present the documentation in installments, of which this is the first. When possible, we shall attempt to give direct links to the quoted sources to make possible the easier corroboration of our readers. We also wish to express our deep gratitude to the person who did all the research — a true work of love, done out of filial devotion to our Catholic Church and her formative teaching, whole and entire.

Part One of Three Parts:

Some Preliminary Comments on Freemasonry and the Catholic Church

A Pope According to Our Wants

That which we ought to demand, that which we should seek and expect, as the Jews expected the Messiah, is a Pope according to our wants. Alexander VI, with all his private crimes, would not suit us, for he never erred in religious matters. Clement XIV, on the contrary, would suit us from head to toe.”

(From the Permanent Instruction of the Alta Vendita, section XIX, 1st half of the 19th century — emphasis added).

As the late John Vennari, then the editor of Catholic Family News explained, the “Alta Vendita was the highest lodge of the Carbonari, an Italian secret society with links to Freemasonry and which, along with Freemasonry, was condemned by the Catholic Church.”

Thus this quote from the Alta Vendita gives us an idea of what some Freemasons had historically been looking for with regard to the Pope of the Catholic Church. In 1861, Jacques Crétinau-Joly published a book entitled L’Eglise en face de la revolution (The Church in the Face of Revolution). This French author first published the Alta Vendita of the Carbonari, which, according to specialist scholars on Freemasonry, was the de facto armed wing of Freemasonry; those given leadership positions within this secret group had to already be Masons, especially high-level Masons.

According to this and other Masonic documents that were seized by the papal police, the Masons were hoping for a pope according to their own needs, not a pope who is part of their “brotherhood,” but a pope who goes along with their mentality. The Alta Vendita calls for a pope who would — similar to Clement XIV — surrender hands and feet to the powers that be (out of fear) and to the unbelievers (who would praise him for his tolerance). To come to this point within the Church, the Alta Vendita knew that it might take a long time, even a century.

This document had been published in 1861, long before there were Catholic traditionalists. It was at the time of Pius IX.

Rest of the article....
https://onepeterfive.com/freemasons-love-pope-francis/
kickstones

The above was concered with Catholism and links to Secret societies, what about Christianity?

https://www.crossroad.to/articles2/2012 ... -queen.htm

Officially, Queen Elizabeth is a member of the Church of England, an Anglican convocation similar to the Lutheran church in Germany or the Episcopalian in the United States. She was baptized at five weeks by the Archbishop of York in Buckingham Palace on 26 May, 1926. Under British law, as reigning monarch, she is the Supreme Governor of the Church of England. All members of the British royal family are officially affiliated with the Anglican Church.

Prince Philip, the husband of Queen Elizabeth, was initiated into Freemasonry at Navy Lodge No 2612, London, on December 5, 1952:

“Present at the initiation were the Earl of Scarborough, grand master...and Geoffrey Fisher, archbishop of Canterbury. The lodge has many ties with the royal family as King Edward VII served as its first master in 1896 when he was Prince of Wales. King George VI...served as master when he was Duke of York. In 1928 H.R.H. Duke of Kent...was master and later became grand master of the Grand Lodge of England.” – William Denslow,10,000 Famous Freemasons, 1957

This means The Queen’s cousin is the most senior Freemason in the hierarchy.

In 2017, the 82-year-old conducted 20 engagements that were connected to Freemasonry according to the Court Circular.

This included attending lunches at Freemasons’ Hall in London as well as holding private audiences with the Pro Grand Master.

The Duke’s brother, Prince Michael of Kent, is also a Freemason and is Grand Master of the Grand Lodge of Mark Master Masons, and Provincial Grand Master of the Provincial Grand Lodge of Middlesex.

In the past, five Monarchs have been members of a Masonic lodge

Picture of George VI, father of Queen Elizabeth II, in Masonic regalia.

The Duke of Kent, Grand Master of the Freemasons of England and Wales since 1967.

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread352044/pg1

"All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit." (Paine 1794)

It is highly plausible when the Christian religion over-ran the religion of the Druids in Italy, ancient Gaul, Britain, and Ireland, the Druids became the subject of persecution.

This would naturally and necessarily oblige such of them as remained attached to their original religion to meet in secret, and under the strongest injunctions of secrecy.

Druids, thus preserved, arose the institution which, to avoid the name of Druid, took that of Mason, and practiced under this new name the rites and ceremonies of Druids.

'In speaking of the apparel of the Masons in their lodges, part of which, as we see in their public processions, is a white leather apron, he says, “the Druids were appareled in white at the time of their sacrifices and solemn offices. The Egyptian priests of Osiris wore snow-white cotton. The Grecian and most other priests wore white garments. As Masons, we regard the principles of those who were the first worshipers of the true God, imitate their apparel, and assume the badge of innocence.”

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-WIIuISCTo7...78634209_n.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ghDKQ2e0XJ...38244256_n.jpg
Mansur

Unread post by Mansur »

MrSinclair » January 21st, 2019, 5:13 am wrote:I think this discussion is meant to tie to 528hz, the so called "Love Frequency" as promoted by the noted charlatan Dr Len Horowitz...
This can be answered by kickstones’ words (the only sentence btw he’s said about the thing):
In regards 440 tuning pitch a quick google reveals many articles out there.
Which would mean that there are many more people there who “for financial gain” use or promote this „theory”, - i.e. that it is getting to be a meme in the conspiracy market which, then, may or may not have the merit to dig up to its „why” or origin or its causes.

[ I heard of some famous pianists who prefer one tuning to the other. Now I fancy that there can even be those who find the other tuning annoying or disturbing (to their über-refined senses), or even hateful, thus furnishing the nucleus for our nice theory...]

- - - - - - -

BTW this whole 440Hz business is quite off-topic here (the only apropos being Mr. Horowitz’ interpretation) but could be very fit, imho, to an other thread, e.g. to this one: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1255 where we perhaps can say something about the somewhat sensitive topic of how about the feelings and intentions of the musicians, classical or non-classical, and their accounts of them, or how modern “musical waves” have been stereotyped within a few years, and similar things.

- - - - - - -
bongostaple » January 20th, 2019, 9:35 pm wrote: I'd be interested to see a clear description of what the difference causes. There are shitloads of records out there that were sped up or slowed down a tiny bit, deliberately and sometimes accidentally, prior to being released. The difference is often less than half a semitone, and the difference between A440 and A444 is..... ...less than half a semitone.
I don’t know but, to people who are listening or half-listening to musical sounds by radio or other means for hours and almost everyday, the constant change of “less than half a semitone”, or even the full semitone jumps, might be really very disturbing.
… sped up or slowed down a tiny bit…
In case of digital recordings and digital processing there is no need for that, so is this an indication that they have used it before the digital era?
bongostaple

Unread post by bongostaple »

In reading a lot of audio engineering interviews (I used to be a sound engineer years ago, amateur these days) I've come across the odd example from the 70s where they wanted the track to be just a tiny bit faster rather than a tiny bit of a semitone away from standard tuning. The exact tempo of a piece can be argued amongst bands in the studio for as long as they can stand doing so, but the knock-on is that a slight key change is the result of wanting the tempo change - they just varispeed the multitrack recording when mixing down to a stereo master tape, or sometimes even playing the in-tune master at a different speed when cutting the lacquer master to go to the vinyl pressing plant. That's a bit risky though, as speeding something up means a relative brightening up of the higher frequencies and can be detrimental if you overdo it.

There's isn't really a need for it when recording with digital tools, as everybody+dog does these days, but if a tempo needs to change later on, an engineer can recall the entire mix setup, change the tempo, and re-render the stereo mix with no change to pitch.
kickstones

"MrSinclair » January 21st, 2019, 5:13 am"
Perhaps as proof of a conspiracy in some minds, Israeli orchestras have been among the pioneers in adopting 444 tuning.
Israel also banned the Beatles....

Beatles banned for fear of influence on youth
.....13 member committee of politicians and civil servants whose job it was to assess the artistic merit of foreign acts resolved to be "vigilant".

As a result, the 1964 request to bring to Israel, the Rhythm Beatles - as they were called in Hebrew - was roundly rejected in the committee's resolution 691, which reads: "Resolved: Not to allow the request for fear that the performances by the Beatles are liable to have a negative influence on the [country's] youth."
The Guardian (September 22, 2008).

Yet, in America they (Beatles) were embraced by the highest levels of society.

John Lennon - The Beatles Off The Record, Keith Badman:
Carnegie Hall was terrible! The acoustics were terrible and they had all these people sitting on the stage with us and it was just like Rockefeller's children backstage and it all got out of hand. It wasn't a rock show; it was just a sort of circus where we were in cages. We were being pawed and talked at and met and touched, backstage and onstage. We were just like animals.
The above quote (and image) may be found here.

Why would the wife and family of Rockefeller, one of the richest and highest social elite in the USA, attend a concert by a boy band,from the UK?

Was it because they were a Rockefeller project aligned to research garnered from his financially backed Radio Research program and The Tavistock Institute of Human Relations or TIHR is a British not-for-profit organisation which applies social science to contemporary issues and problems?

The Rockefeller Foundation awarded a significant grant that facilitated the creation of the TIHR. wiki
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tavistock_Institute

Research units

In the TIHR's early years, there were four main units: Programme Groups A and B within a Committee on Human Resources; Organisation and Social Change and Operations Research Unit; and a Committee on Family and Community Psychiatry.

The Radio Research Project was a social research project funded by the Rockefeller Foundation to look into the effects of mass media on society.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_Res ... ch_Project

In a 1936 memorandum to his colleagues, David H. Stevens defined the goals of the humanities program in this emerging field: “Both radio and motion pictures are recognized as instrumentalities potentially of great importance alike for formal education and for the general diffusion of culture. But they have so far been exploited for the most part for purposes of entertainment.”

https://rockfound.rockarch.org/hu/communications

Part of the research team on Radio_Research_Project was Theodor Adorno.

Theodor W. Adorno (1903-1969), philosopher, sociologist, music theorist and composer, was one of the key figures of the Frankfurt School of critical social theory and was one of the key thinkers of critical social theory.

Theodor W. Adorno born Theodor Ludwig Wiesengrund. The Jewish family of Wiesengrund moved from the village of Dettelbach in Franconia and settled in Frankfurt towards the end of the nineteenth century.

In Wiki, one of his main interests is listed as Musicology.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theodor_W._Adorno

Musicology (from Greek, Modern μουσική (mousikē), meaning 'music', and -λογία (-logia), meaning 'study of') is the scholarly analysis and research-based study of music.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musicology

Adorno was highly critical of modern culture and music.

On the fetish-character in music and the regression of listening (1938).

Musical appreciation degrades to "fetishism" -- particularly a vulgar materialistic fascination with the technical material of music. For musical vulgar materialists, it is synonymous to have a voice and to be a singer. Today, the material as such, destitute of any function, is celebrated. To legitimate the fame of its owner, a voice need only be especially voluminuous or especially high.

The consciousness of the mass of listeners is adequate to fetishized music. They listen according to formula. If one confronts listeners with this fact, one drives them all the deeper into the conformist behavior in which they think they can remain concealed from the danger of exposure.

All contemporary musical life is dominated by the commodity form; the last pre-capitalist residues have been eliminated. Music, with all the attributes of the ethereal and sublime which are generously accorded it, serves in American broadcast media as an advertisement for commodities which one must acquire in order to be able to hear music. If the advertising function is carefully dimmed in the case of serious music, it always breaks through in the case of light music.

https://csml.som.ohio-state.edu/Music83 ... dorno.html

If you were a capitalist (Rockefeller) and took this information aboard, would it not be plausible to use it to further your own interests by funding your own project (Beatles)?

And by hiring a man (Adorno) who understands musical composition, and although highly critical of modern culture, on one hand, could, on the other hand, have masonic ties and as such lend support to the capitalists / secret societies by composing music to aid their agenda's?

The Chief Executive of the Freemasons has admitted that there is a secret handshake.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/02/08/freemaso ... s-7295849/

From......

The Beatles and the Aquarian Conspiracy by Dr. John Coleman (Mar. 1, 2007)

An outstanding example of social conditioning to accept change, even when it is recognized as unwelcome change by the large population group in the sights of Stanford Research Institute, was the "advent" of the BEATLES. The Beatles were brought to the United States as part of a social experiment which would subject large population groups to brainwashing of which they were not even aware.

Nobody would have paid much attention to the motley crew from Liverpool and the 12-atonal system of "music" that was to follow had it not been for an overabundance of press exposure. The 12-atonal system consisted of heavy, repetitive sounds, taken from the music of the cult of Dionysus and the Baal priesthood by Theo Adorno and given a "modern" flavor by this special friend of the Queen of England and hence the Committee of 300.

http://educate-yourself.org/cn/colemanb ... ar07.shtml

Any other evidence to support this claim?

It may be coincidental, but Adorno died in 1969 around the same time as the Beatles broke up.

Theodor W. Adorno was a German philosopher, sociologist, psychologist and composer known ..... Until his death in 1969
https://www.google.com/search?client=fi ... ed+in+1969

John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison and Ringo Starr began playing together as the Beatles in 1962. Their break-up was a cumulative process marked by rumours of a split and by ambiguous comments by the members themselves regarding their future as a band. In September 1969, Lennon privately informed his bandmates that he was leaving the band. There was no public acknowledgement of the break-up until 10 April 1970, when McCartney announced he was also leaving the group.

See Wikipedia’s page on The Break-up of the Beatles.