Psychiatry

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest

Psychiatry

Unread postby Guerrero on Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:06 am

I don't remember seeing a thread on this all too important topic yet.......this business industry is one of the most effective worldwide media deceptions to date....truth is, mental illness doesn't really exist, at least not the way "psychiatry" defines it....and psychiatry is heavily linked to pharmacopia.....big business/big profits.

check out this link for more info on the fraud that psychiatry is!!!!

http://www.antipsychiatry.org/exist.htm
Guerrero
Member
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:05 am

Re: Psychiatry

Unread postby nonhocapito on Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:08 am

I'm moving this to the living room until some research is done and elements regarding media fakery arise. ~nonhocapito
nonhocapito
Administrator
 
Posts: 2554
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:38 am
Location: Italy

Re: Psychiatry

Unread postby anon1911 on Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:13 am

It is indeed hard to define what mental illness is.

Years ago I read an article that said that if you had too much dopamine in some parts of your brain it could cause shizophrenia. And I remember that I asked myself: What if I had to less dopamine?
The answer was: It can cause parkinson.

At that time I found this fact pretty strange.

Too much dopamine -> mental illness
Too less dopamine -> physical illness

But this fact changed my view about mental diseases because since then I really consider them as diseases.


The only problem I see are the definitions. Some time ago I made a little research about mental diseases (borderline, shizophrenia and whatsoever) and I went through the criterias of the mentioned diseases.
I can't count how many times I thought: "Oh my god this criteria fits to me.. and this too... and this too!?" :lol:
So what I want to say is: Go to a psychiatrist and tell him something about your life, how you feel and what you think. I wonder how many people are considered as healthy.

The main problem about the pharmacy industry is another though. Whenever I have a discussion with someone about this industry I ask: Why would they ever want to make you healthy again?
Imagine some engineer creating a car that lasts forever. You won't ever again have to repair it. Why would anyone do this? He sells a specific amount of cars but they never break and at some point he can't sell any car anymore because everyone already has his everlasting car :lol:

Same goes with pharmacy industry. Would they ever like to heal you from, for example, depression? The answer is no. They would rather sell you some medicine for the rest of your life. You suffer and they earn their cash.

Now I'll quote from the site you have posted:
Unlike physical disease where there are physical facts to deal with, mental "illness" is entirely a question of values, of right and wrong, of appropriate versus inappropriate.


I don't really agree with this conclusion. Homosexuality was, as mentioned in this article, once considered as mental disease and that was probably because in the view of the society of that time it was a disease. Okay, in this case I agree with the article but if you think of another scenario, for example a person has shizophrenia that is not able to life without the help of others: Does he have a disease?
We, the society, or at least the state(which should actually represent us, but thats long ago <_< ) we life in has the duty to help this person. We can't say that he's fine, healthy and should get on?!
anon1911
Banned
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:57 pm

Re: Psychiatry

Unread postby hoi.polloi on Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:06 am

If someone shows self-destructive tendencies or lashes out at people for seemingly no reason, they may be mentally ill and need help. Mental illness is a helpful definition for those going through extreme bouts of depression, anxiety, cyclical thoughts or self-defeating behavior. Mental illness might even be a good definition for the people who got pleasure from starting a senseless, vicious and bloody war against the youth of this world when they used their influence to create false flags within their own countries of residence. In our age of knowing humanity's value so deeply, it takes a truly sadistic and sociopathic person to burden future generations with the consequences of the carnage being seen in the Middle East and elsewhere.

I agree that there is a lot of bad psychiatry, but as someone who has seen suicide I know that people can get help and can change using terms like "good thoughts" and "bad thoughts" to help identify destructive patterns.

If you disagree with the idea that suicide is wrong, I don't think you have a place on this forum. This forum is for survivors - people who love life - people who want life on Earth to thrive in a healthy way.

(Sorry to all the manic depressives or sad people out there reading this; this isn't your therapy board. To all those emotionally depressed by our findings about the government-media collusion, seek help from caring people close to you. If none can be found, bless you and may you find peace in this life in some way.)
hoi.polloi
Administrator
 
Posts: 5054
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:24 pm

Re: Psychiatry

Unread postby anon1911 on Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:54 pm

hoi.polloi wrote:If you disagree with the idea that suicide is wrong, I don't think you have a place on this forum. This forum is for survivors - people who love life - people who want life on Earth to thrive in a healthy way.


I think there is no good or wrong when talking about suicide. Everyone should decide on his own wheter he commits suicide or not. In my opinion everyone is free to do so.
anon1911
Banned
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:57 pm

Re: Psychiatry

Unread postby hoi.polloi on Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:31 am

anon1911 wrote:
hoi.polloi wrote:If you disagree with the idea that suicide is wrong, I don't think you have a place on this forum. This forum is for survivors - people who love life - people who want life on Earth to thrive in a healthy way.


I think there is no good or wrong when talking about suicide. Everyone should decide on his own wheter he commits suicide or not. In my opinion everyone is free to do so.


I disagree somewhat, because that kind of language discounts how important life is - and it diminishes the importance of our struggle against self-destructive individuals who would take all of humanity with them into disgusting and unnecessary wars.

Self-destruction doesn't just hurt the self-destroyer. We are all connected. I am glad suicide is illegal - even if it sounds strange at first to realize it is.
hoi.polloi
Administrator
 
Posts: 5054
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:24 pm

Re: Psychiatry

Unread postby ICfreely on Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:43 am

psychology (n.)
1650s, "study of the soul," from Modern Latin psychologia, probably coined mid-16c. in Germany by Melanchthon from Latinized form of Greek psykhē "breath, spirit, soul" (see psyche) + logia "study of"
https://www.etymonline.com/search?q=psychology


psychiatry (n.)
1846, from French psychiatrie, from Medieval Latin psychiatria, literally "a healing of the soul," from Latinized form of Greek psykhē "mind" (see psyche) + iatreia "healing, care" (see -iatric).
https://www.etymonline.com/word/psychiatry


How can modern science meaningfully study, let alone help heal, something it denies the existence of?

In analyzing the Pseudoscientific Psychiatric Industry, a psychoanalysis of the “Einstein” of mental “health” would be a good starting point.

Mental Health And The Legacy Of Sigmund Freud
Allan Schwartz, LCSW, Ph.D.

This May 6th, 2006 is the 150th anniversary of Sigmund Freud's birth. Therefore, it is important to take some time to discuss his impact on mental health today. It is not possible to practice clinical social work, psychology, psychiatry or neurology without feeling Freud's influence. This is especially true at a time when there is a strong tendency to dismiss him and his works as being obsolete and downright wrong. Closer observation will prove this incorrect. So, what were Freud's contributions that continue to influence our thinking about human behavior and the entire field of mental health?
...
4. Medication
Unbeknownst to many people is the fact that Freud, medical doctor/neurologist that he was, predicted that medications would one day be discovered that would cure mental suffering. At this point in time a cure for mental illnesses has not been found. However, medications are being used to alleviate conditions which were once viewed as hopeless. Bipolar Disorder is controlled with medications so that most suffers can return to work and normal family lives. The most acute illnesses, the psychoses and schizophrenias, are being treated with medications which relieve the most severe symptoms of those diseases. Those symptoms include delusional thinking and hallucinations. While the medications for the schizophrenias do not represent any kind of cure and many serious symptoms persist, most of these patients no longer have to be confined to mental hospitals for their own safety and the safety of the public. Some are even able to live with their families and work part time if they remain compliant with their medications. As medical science learns more about the brain and its billions of neurons and neurotransmitters, more effective medications will be discovered that will, one day, bring greater relief to the suffers of these acute mental illnesses.
...
https://www.mentalhelp.net/articles/mental-health-and-the-legacy-of-sigmund-freud/



I'm moving this to the living room until some research is done and elements regarding media fakery arise. ~nonhocapito



You want media fakery? You got it.

Media Perpetuates Unsubstantiated Chemical Imbalance Theory Of Depression, Study Shows
Date:
March 3, 2008
Source:
Florida State University
Summary:
The theory that depression is caused by a chemical imbalance is often presented in the media as fact even though there is little scientific evidence to support it, according to a new study.

Jeffrey Lacasse, an FSU doctoral candidate and visiting lecturer in the College of Social Work, and Jonathan Leo, a neuroanatomy professor at Lincoln Memorial University in Tennessee, found that reporters who included statements in news articles about depression being caused by a chemical imbalance, or a lack of serotonin in the brain, were unable to provide scientific evidence to support those statements.

The Society article builds on the pair's 2005 study, which focused on pharmaceutical advertisements that claim depression is caused by an imbalance of serotonin -- an imbalance the drug companies say can be corrected by a class of antidepressants called Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs).

"The chemical imbalance theory, which was formulated in the 1960s, was based on the observation that mood could be artificially altered with drugs, rather than direct observation of any chemical imbalances," Leo said. "Since then there has been no direct evidence to confirm the theory and a significant number of findings cast doubt on the theory."

…A review of a full set of trial data published in the journal PLoS (Public Library of Science) Medicine last month concluded that much of the perceived efficacy of several of the most common SSRIs was due to the placebo effect.

"Patients might make different choices about the use of medications and possibly use alternative approaches to their distress if they were fully informed," Lacasse said. "We believe the media can play a positive role by ensuring that their mental health reporting is congruent with scientific literature."

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/03/080303164507.htm



An argument can be made that the media plays a crucial role in the manifestation and perpetuation of mental illness.


The Chemical Imbalance Theory of Depression: still promoted but still unfounded
joannamoncrieff / May 1, 2014

As Pies demonstrates, however, leading psychiatrists have been trying to distance themselves from the chemical imbalance theory of depression in the last few years, because the evidence to support it has simply never been there.

Pies claims that psychiatric theories of depression are more sophisticated and incorporate social and psychological influences. But for all his talk about the ‘biopsychosocial’ model, Pies, along with most of the psychiatric establishment, cannot relinquish the disease model of depression – the idea that depression consists of the manifestations of a discrete biological mechanism (or mechanisms) like a bodily disease.

This is not to deny that some individuals suffer more than others, and that some need assistance to climb out of the dark place they have become stuck in. The disease-model, however, is ultimately not helpful, as well as being unfounded. For all its attempts to incorporate social factors, the disease-model renders depression meaningless, because biology effectively trumps other influences. It conveys the message that we are powerless to change ourselves or our situations. When things go wrong, it persuades us we need a pill to put them right. This approach may appeal to some people, and I am in no way disparaging those who chose to follow it. But it is important that everyone knows how little evidence there is to support it.

https://joannamoncrieff.com/2014/05/01/the-chemical-imbalance-theory-of-depression-still-promoted-but-still-unfounded/



Speaking of mechanistic medicine:


Why discuss unscientific things like God, soul and rebirth in this scientific age?
by Chaitanya Charan das
July 28, 2010

Question: When I talk about God, soul, rebirth, people often question: why discuss such unscientific things in this modern age of science?

Answer: Their question originates not from their scientific thinking, but from their belief in scientism, the peculiar school of thought that places around science a halo of “omniscience.”


The reputed physicist Fritjof Capra in his well-known book The Tao of Physics explains how scientific knowledge is like a map. Just as a map helps in navigating the mapped territory, science helps in manipulating the physical world. However, a map, no matter how exhaustive, is neither the territory, nor a complete description of the territory. Similarly, scientific knowledge, no matter how exhaustive, is neither the reality, nor a complete description of the reality. If the map helps us to precisely reach a particular house in a city, where we meet the owner of the house, will we decide that the owner of the house is non-existent and imaginary because he is not shown in our map? Obviously not. Similarly, scientific knowledge may efficiently guide us in our exploration of the physical world, but when we encounter essential features of our world that are not found in the world of science –emotions, consciousness, free will, the quest for meaning and purpose, should we reject these features as unscientific and so unreal? Obviously not.

Former US President Theodore Roosevelt warned eloquently about the consequences of scientism: “There is superstition in science quite as much as there is superstition in theology, and it is all the more dangerous because those suffering from it are profoundly convinced that they are freeing themselves from all superstition. No grotesque repulsiveness of medieval superstition, even as it survived into nineteenth-century Spain and Naples, could be much more intolerant, much more destructive of all that is fine in morality, in the spiritual sense, and indeed in civilization itself, than that hard dogmatic materialism of today which often not merely calls itself scientific but arrogates to itself the sole right to use the term. If these pretensions affected only scientific men themselves, it would be a matter of small moment, but unfortunately they tend gradually to affect the whole people, and to establish a very dangerous standard of private and public conduct in the public mind.”

In his remarkable book Mechanistic and Non-Mechanistic Science, Cornell-educated Dr Richard L Thompson explains how the path of Bhakti-yoga explained in the Bhagavad-gita constitutes a higher-dimensional science that incorporates God, soul and rebirth, and coherently explains the essential features of life that modern science can’t explain. Most importantly, the Gita path invites each one of us to experientially verify its truths.

https://www.thespiritualscientist.com/2010/07/isnt-that-unscientific/
ICfreely
Member
 
Posts: 688
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:41 pm

Re: Psychiatry

Unread postby Flabbergasted on Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:33 pm

ICfreely wrote:How can modern science meaningfully study, let alone help heal, something it denies the existence of?

An unanswerable question, although we all know how modern science pretends to answer it.

Reposting important links buried in the Chatbox:
For anyone interested in how the "medical model" got implemented in psychiatric care, I warmly recommend these lectures:

The roots and scope of the psychiatric epidemic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4R6MXO2j0V0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNvCyUC_LPc

Children and ADHD:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gigZD4RIXhg


Offering an alternative view, Larchet describes the notion of mental illnesses and their therapies based on patristic and hagiographic texts of the Christian East.
(I own a copy but admit it is one of the many books I haven´t gotten around to reading ... shame on me!)
https://www.amazon.com/Mental-Disorders ... 945&sr=1-1
Flabbergasted
Member
 
Posts: 768
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:19 am

Re: Psychiatry

Unread postby ICfreely on Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:43 am

For anyone interested in how the "medical model" got implemented in psychiatric care, I warmly recommend these lectures:

The roots and scope of the psychiatric epidemic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4R6MXO2j0V0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNvCyUC_LPc

Children and ADHD:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gigZD4RIXhg


Vaccines & Ritalin dovetail quite nicely, don't they? Vaccination is a prerequisite for school attendance and Ritalin consumption is mandatory if, God forbid, your child is diagnosed with the dreaded "disease."

IMHO, Flabbergasted, kids having to sit still while getting inundated with mind numbing (one-size-fits-all) common core curriculum for eight hours a day isn’t normal/natural. A fictitious disease needed to be invented in order to pick out and chemically lobotomize children who have the potential to buck the system as adults. Nothing more, nothing less.

So how is ADHD diagnosed?


NICHQ Vanderbilt Assessment Scales

Scoring Instructions for the NICHQ Vanderbilt Assessment Scales

These scales should NOT be used alone to make any diagnosis. You must take into consideration information from multiple sources. Scores of 2 or 3 on a single Symptom question reflect often-occurring behaviors. Scores of 4 or 5 on Performance questions reflect problems in performance.


The initial assessment scales, parent and teacher, have 2 components: symptom assessment and impairment in performance. On both the parent and teacher initial scales, the symptom assessment screens for symptoms that meet criteria for both inattentive (items 1–9) and hyperactive ADHD (items 10–18). To meet DSM-IV criteria for the diagnosis, one must have at least 6 positive responses to either the inattentive 9 or hyperactive 9 core symptoms, or both. A positive response is a 2 or 3 (often, very often) (you could draw a line straight down the page and count the positive answers in each subsegment). There is a place to record the number of positives in each subsegment, and a place for total score for the first 18 symptoms (just add them up).

The initial scales also have symptom screens for 3 other co morbidities — oppositional-defiant, conduct, and anxiety depression. These are screened by the number of positive responses in each of the segments separated by the “squares.” The specific item sets and numbers of positives required for each co-morbid symptom screen set are detailed below.

The second section of the scale has a set of performance measures, scored 1 to 5, with 4 and 5 being somewhat of a problem/problematic. To meet criteria for ADHD there must be at least one item of the Performance set in which the child scores a 4 or 5; ie, there must be impairment, not just symptoms to meet diagnostic criteria. The sheet has a place to record the number of positives (4s, 5s) and an Average Performance Score—add them up and divide by number of Performance criteria answered.

https://www.nichq.org/sites/default/files/.../NICHQ_Vanderbilt_Assessment_Scales.pdf



Despite the disclaimer, not “scoring well” on a questionnaire is essentially how ADHD is diagnosed. The questionnaire has certainly evolved over the last few decades but its underlying principles remain the same.


And who “discovered” ADHD?


This Day in Jewish History
1922: The Psychiatrist Who Did Not, Repeat Did Not, Deny ADHD Is Born

Leon Eisenberg was an empiricist who noted the dearth of evidence that talk-therapy achieves much, but also opposed kneejerk drug therapy.
David B. Green
Aug 08, 2016 7:12 AM

Proof sorely lacking

Psychoanalysis fascinated him intellectually, but he quickly concluded that it was “politically unacceptable,” as he noted some years later. “How could you use a treatment that would take so long per person when the burden of mental illness was so high?” he asked rhetorically, and to that, added, “there was no real evidence it worked.”

After two years in the U.S. Army Medical Corps, and a psychiatric residency at the Shepard Pratt Hospital in Maryland, Eisenberg became a psychiatric fellow at Johns Hopkins University, in Baltimore. There, he worked with Leo Kanner, who was (together with Hans Asperger) one of the first psychiatrists to describe autism.

Eisenberg conducted the first longitudinal study of 63 children earlier identified by Kanner as suffering from autism. He also designed clinical studies to test the effectiveness of both psychotherapy and of psychopharmacological treatment.

Eisenberg followed Kanner as chief of psychiatry at Johns Hopkins (1959-1967), and then moved to Boston, where he became head psychiatrist at the Massachusetts General Hospital and a professor at Harvard Medical School. There, he pioneered a program of affirmative action, which brought many more African Americans into the school, and he developed the field of social medicine, which looks at macro-medical issues through the lenses of the social sciences.

Following the failure of his first marriage, to neurophysiologist Ruth Harriet Bleier, Eisenberg married the former Carola Blitzman, an Argentine-born psychiatrist who had been a co-founder of Physicians for Human Rights.

Leon Eisenberg died of prostate cancer, on September 15, 2009, at the age of 87. About a half year before his death, he spoke with a reporter from Der Spiegel, for an article about the over-diagnosis of mental disorders and the excessive use of medication to treat them. It was there that he spoke of ADHD as a “fabricated disease,” a phrase that was picked up, three years later, when Spiegel ran its article, by a number of sensationalist publications as evidence that the “father of ADHD” had, in a “deathbed interview” disavowed the very existence of the condition. What he was really doing was questioning the wholesale prescribing of medication for a problem that often had other-than-biological roots.

https://www.haaretz.com/jewish/.premium-1922-a-father-of-autism-study-is-born-1.5421768



Got it, folks? Dr. Leon Eisenberg was no ADHD denier.


How ADHD Was Sold
A new book outlines an epidemic of over-diagnosis and addiction.
By Adam Gaffney
September 23, 2016

Rita was the wife of a chemist at the Swiss drug company CIBA who concocted a new stimulant by modifying amphetamine, and Rita enjoyed tennis. The chemist shared his invention with his wife, and—to their delight—the substance had a wonderful effect on her tennis game. He named the new drug in honor of his darling. He named the new drug Ritaline.

In 1956, CIBA began marketing this drug as Ritalin in the United States, for a wide range of adult psychiatric maladies. But soon, evidence emerged that it might benefit what were then called “disturbed children.” In a landmark randomized clinical trial conducted in Baltimore by the child psychiatrist Leon Eisenberg and the child psychologist Keith Conners (then at Johns Hopkins) that was published in 1963, the drug improved behavioral symptoms, from “demanding” and “disobedient” to “leads into trouble” and “lying.” The diagnostic label “attention deficit hyperactivity disorder” (ADHD) did not yet exist, but the pair had put the drug on the child psychiatry map.

This story of the origins of Ritalin is described in journalist Alan Schwarz’s hard-hitting new book, ADHD Nation: Children, Doctors, Big Pharma, and the Making of an American Epidemic. But Schwarz proceeds to show another side of the story, describing an episode that occurred in the aftermath of the trial. Some weeks after the publication of Conners and Eisenberg’s paper, the pair received a curious visitor: A man in a suit [ :ph34r: ] showed up at Eisenberg’s office and, with his protégé Conners looking on, gratefully glided a slip of paper across his desk, for what he referred to as “further studies.” The man, Schwarz notes, was a representative from CIBA (later to become a part of today’s drug giant Novartis), and the slip of paper was a check for $5,000. Eisenberg, Schwarz continues, tucked the check into a desk drawer, warned Conners to “watch out for these guys,” and never spoke of the day thereafter.

And thus was the study of ADHD therapy linked to Big Pharma’s silver from almost its very first day.

https://newrepublic.com/article/137066/adhd-sold



Alan Shwarz, no doubt, took a page out of Barbara Loe Fisher’s playbook in penning this “hard-hitting” book.
(https://cluesforum.info/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=2027&start=465#p2409084)

It should come as no surprise why the Mainstream Media constantly portrays parents who home school their children as fringe backward Bible thumpers and such. As to what causes “ADHD” the theories are wide and varied; from chemical imbalance to genetics, poor parenting and of course sugar consumption.
ICfreely
Member
 
Posts: 688
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:41 pm

Re: Psychiatry

Unread postby caran25 on Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:20 pm

The Establishment's problems lie with the older generations of 'AHD's' who weren't diagnosed in their youth. Too late to dose this lot. And yet...…………….. Lots of articles in the MSM about how older sufferers are SO relieved at finally being given the label and can now relax knowing there's a medical name for their 'being different'.
Since when did '' being different'' become a medical disease? Sounds like a distinct evolutional advantage to me. And therein probably lies the issue. If you can't be herded into the corral , you are a problem with a certifiable disease.
caran25
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:30 pm

Re: Psychiatry

Unread postby ICfreely on Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:52 pm

Lots of articles in the MSM about how older sufferers are SO relieved at finally being given the label and can now relax knowing there's a medical name for their 'being different'.


This reminds me of a passage from Dr. Mendelsohn’s book.


Confessions of a Medical Heretic (Ch. 7: The Devil’s Priests) - Robert S. Mendelsohn, M.D.

Doctors are so powerful precisely because they have, as priests of the Church of Modern Medicine, removed all the old guilts. Modern Medicine invalidates the old guilts which, strangely enough, held people to their old religions. Nothing is a “sin” anymore, because there is a physical consequence, the doctor has the power to fix you up. If you get pregnant, the doctor can perform an abortion. If you get venereal disease, the doctor can give you penicillin. If you are gluttonous and damage your heart, the doctor can give you a coronary bypass. If you suffer from emotional problems, the doctor has Valium, Librium, and other narcotics to help you get by without caring, or feeling. If those don’t work, there are plenty of psychiatrists.

Doctors protect themselves further through the sacred language of the priest. A religion must have a sacred language to separate the discourse of the priesthood from the lowly banter of the masses. After all, the priests are on speaking terms with the powers that seep the universe on course. We can’t have just anyone listening in. Sacred language of doctors is no different from jargon developed by any elitist group. Its main function is to keep outsiders ignorant. If you could understand everything your doctor was saying to you and to other doctors, his power over you would be diminished. So when you get sick because of the generally filthy conditions in the hospital, he’ll call your infection nosocomial. That way, you’ll not only not get angry at the hospital, but you’ll feel privileged to have such a distinguished sounding disease. And too scared to get mad.

http://www.whale.to/c/devilspriests.html
(https://cluesforum.info/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=2027&start=45#p2399694)




Eisenberg became a psychiatric fellow at Johns Hopkins University, in Baltimore.



I think it’s worth noting that Johns Hopkins University is “ground zero” for North American Allopathy.


Power Politics and the Takeover of Holistic Health in North America: An Exploratory Historical Analysis - Farah M Shroff, PhD

The Flexner Report

A Council on Medical Education was established in 1904 by the AMA and was composed solely of representatives from universities which followed the Johns Hopkins’ model.

The Council then applied, through the AMA, to the Carnegie Foundation to commission an independent report to verify its work. Abraham Flexner, an educator whose brother was an allopath, was selected for the task. He was accompanied by Nathan Colwell, MD, Secretary of the Council, and a participant in all the site visits. They visited all the medical schools in North America.

In 1910, the Flexner Report, Medical Education in the United States and Canada was released by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching. The report marked a turning point in medical education. It suggested new guidelines for medical schools to make them more scientific (in the reductionist and dualist tradition). Approved schools were to provide full-time research faculty as well as a solid, technological base — the modern research laboratory (Barzansky and Kenagy, 2010) — which required a large amount of funding.

http://www.pimatisiwin.com/online/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/07Shroff.pdf
(https://cluesforum.info/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=2027&start=60#p2399894)



Speaking of large amounts of funding:


Bloomberg Gives $1.8 Billion to Johns Hopkins for Student Aid
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/18/us/michael-bloomberg-johns-hopkins-donation.html



And the saga continues…
ICfreely
Member
 
Posts: 688
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:41 pm

Re: Psychiatry

Unread postby ICfreely on Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:22 am

The Golden Rules of Psychiatry

1) Ignore the fact that there is absolutely no scientific evidence to substantiate the Chemical Imbalance Theory.

2) Convince people that they have mental “diseases” that must be treated with SSRI’s.

3) Downplay or outright deny the fact that ALL SSRI’s cause mental and physical illnesses.

4) Seeing as suicide is a common “side” effect of ALL SSRI’s, when patients do commit suicide:

a) Blame it on their “disease.”
b) Blame them for not taking their meds as prescribed (i.e. “Johnny skipped dosed or went off his meds/Johnny overdosed on his meds”).


'Stronger' Warnings About Suicide Risk With ADHD Drugs in Canada

the Psychiatry Advisor take:

Canadian health officials are mandating that “stronger, clearer warnings” about the risk of suicidal thoughts and behaviors be added to the prescribing information (PI) for medications commonly used to treat attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).

The move by Health Canada comes amid reports in that country of suicide-related events in people taking the drugs. However, the agency was also quick to point out that there is little evidence to establish a link between suicidal thoughts and the drugs, and that the benefits of them still outweigh the risks.

“It is important to note that people with ADHD may already have a slightly increased risk of suicidal thoughts and behaviours,” according to a Health Canada alert.

https://www.psychiatryadvisor.com/adhd/stronger-warnings-about-suicide-risk-with-adhd-drugs-in-canada/article/406304/



Pop quiz: Which shyster tactics were used in the above article?


Do Antidepressants Increase Suicide Attempts? Do They Have Other Risks?
Madeline Levin, MPH, Nicolas J. Jury, PhD, Kousha Mohseni, MS, Varuna Srinivasan, MBBS MPH, National Center for Health Research
________________________________________
Antidepressant medications are widely prescribed to try to decrease the symptoms of depression and to reduce the risk of suicide. However, the medications have risks that outweigh the benefits for more patients than you probably realize.

When a person’s depression starts to lift, he or she may feel less hopeless and helpless. That sounds like an improvement, but when people feel less helpless but still feel depressed, they may think about suicide as a way out, whereas before they were too immobilized to make a suicide plan. For that reason, a decrease in the symptoms of depression can increase the risk of suicidal thoughts or actions. That risk is well known by mental health specialists, and can occur regardless of the type of treatment that a patient is receiving, or even if the patient is feeling less depressed without any treatment.

However, reducing depression is not the only reason why antidepressants can increase the chances of a person committing suicide. As antidepressants became more commonly prescribed for anxiety and obsessive compulsive disorder, the reports of patients’ suicidal thoughts and actions became more worrisome to physicians and family members. If a depressed person on antidepressants is suicidal, that is not so surprising, but if someone who was not depressed and taking antidepressants for other reasons becomes suicidal, that raises questions about the safety of these medications. Researchers found evidence that individuals taking antidepressant medication may be at even higher risk of suicide than individuals whose depression is easing for other reasons. That controversy has not yet been completely resolved.

http://www.center4research.org/antidepressants-increase-suicide-attempts-risks/



If the “controversy” was to be “completely resolved”, then they’d be standing in the unemployment line.


Antidepressants and murder: case not closed

Antidepressants increase the risk of suicide, violence and homicide at all ages

The FDA admitted in 2007 that SSRIs can cause madness at all ages and that the drugs are very dangerous; otherwise daily monitoring wouldn’t be needed: “Families and caregivers of patients should be advised to look for the emergence of such symptoms on a day-to-day basis, since changes may be abrupt” ... “All patients being treated with antidepressants for any indication should be monitored appropriately and observed closely for clinical worsening, suicidality, and unusual changes in behavior, especially during the initial few months of a course of drug therapy, or at times of dose changes, either increases or decreases. The following symptoms, anxiety, agitation, panic attacks, insomnia, irritability, hostility, aggressiveness, impulsivity, akathisia (psychomotor restlessness), hypomania, and mania, have been reported in adult and pediatric patients being treated with antidepressants” (1).

Such daily monitoring is, however, a fake fix. People cannot be monitored every minute and many have committed SSRI-induced suicide or homicide within a few hours after everyone thought they were perfectly okay.

https://www.bmj.com/content/358/bmj.j3697/rr-4



SSRI’s are a fake fix: case closed


SSRI antidepressants potentiate methylphenidate (Ritalin)-induced gene regulation in the adolescent striatum
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2921647/



Translation: Ritalin use in childhood leads to methamphetamine and cocaine addiction later on in life.
ICfreely
Member
 
Posts: 688
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:41 pm

Re: Psychiatry

Unread postby caran25 on Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:20 pm

I think the problem here is with the actual diagnosis of ADHD and the fact that a multitude of normal human emotions can be given a medical name, and a prescription for drugs. If you're quiet unassuming and introverted there is now something wrong with you...........treatment is required. If you're easily bored badly behaved or downright rude there is something wrong with you and again treatment and medication is the answer. The television is full of reality programming where the participants are loud mouthed ignorant extroverts and currently this is being pushed as the normal human condition. Everything else needs treatment. There has to be an even deeper reason for this state of affairs beyond Big Pharma's financial gain.

Here in the UK there is actually a financial benefit in having a child certified as having AHDH with government benefits increased for the carers of children who suffer. No doubt part of the contract would be the understanding that the carer would agree to the child being medicated with Ritalin.

I have a relative who was in the teaching profession and was asked on a regular basis by parents/ carers to confirm that ' little Johnny/Joannie ' was showing signs of AHDH when in fact these children were just disruptive and uncontrollable from poor parenting. Now why would the Government condone this?
caran25
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:30 pm

Re: Psychiatry

Unread postby SacredCowSlayer on Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:39 pm

caran25 » January 27th, 2019, 7:20 am wrote:
I think the problem here is with the actual diagnosis of ADHD and the fact that a multitude of normal human emotions can be given a medical name, and a prescription for drugs. If you're quiet, unassuming, and introverted, there is now something wrong with you, and treatment is required. If you're easily bored, badly behaved or downright rude, there is something wrong with you, and again, treatment and medication is the answer.

The television is full of reality programming where the participants are loud mouthed ignorant extroverts, and currently this is being pushed as the normal human condition. Everything else needs treatment. There has to be an even deeper reason for this state of affairs beyond Big Pharma's financial gain.[1.]

Here in the UK there is actually a financial benefit in having a child certified as having AHDH with government benefits increased for the carers of children who suffer. No doubt part of the contract would be the understanding that the carer would agree to the child being medicated with Ritalin.

I have a relative who was in the teaching profession, and was asked on a regular basis by parents/ caretakers to confirm that ' little Johnny/Joannie ' was showing signs of AHDH [2.], when in fact these children were just disruptive and uncontrollable from poor parenting. Now why would the Government condone this?

[Bold inserted by SCS for emphasis.]


Labels associated with the word “diagnosis” are ultimately powerful tools of social control. See my post in the “Parenting. . .” topic from yesterday.

1. So, I don’t think the aims of huge profits (at the expense of public health) are in any way mutually exclusive to the other objectives we can observe being implemented around us.

2. That is nearly bone-chilling to read, even though I’m already aware of this most insidious (institutionalized) self serving process, which (needless to say) tramples fundamental notions of the natural family. And that is in addition (of course) to the destructive effects on the health of the individuals, their families, and society at large.
scs

scs@cluesforum.info
SacredCowSlayer
Administrator
 
Posts: 589
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:44 pm

Re: Psychiatry

Unread postby patrix on Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:07 pm

Dr. Peter Gøtzsche, who founded the Cochrane institute (and has since been fired), has written and spoken a lot about psychiatry, and the problems with the medical research (in the field).

http://www.deadlymedicines.dk/

https://youtu.be/iTQ4t7RmyfM
patrix
Member
 
Posts: 424
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:24 am

Next

Return to THE LIVING ROOM

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests