REQUIRED: Introduce Yourself

How to register at Cluesforum / General administrative topics / and things that every member must read

Re: REQUIRED: Introduce Yourself

Unread postby nokidding on Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:25 am

Hello, I am a retired engineer in the oil and gas industry, living in West Australia. I have been reading SC for 3 years. I am interested in how our society works and its history in the light of all this.

My early interest in Space has been restored by the Tychos and discovering the realities of engineering exploration of space. I am subscribed to Tychos and hope I can contribute. I have put fwd a method of directly measuring the PVP orbit speed.

My best wishes to all, thanks for all the good work.

I remember how boring the Apollo Moon landings were at the time; even though you didn’t know it was faked. Fake stuff creates a dead end, real life opens out into all kinds of new things.

nokidding
nokidding

Unread postby Flabbergasted on Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:12 pm

nokidding wrote:I have put fwd a method of directly measuring the PVP orbit speed.

Looking forward to learning more about it. Is it posted somewhere already?

nokidding wrote:Fake stuff creates a dead end, real life opens out into all kinds of new things.

I like that observation. Artificiality is ultimately barren.
Flabbergasted

Unread postby nokidding on Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:10 pm

If you go to Chapter 26 and find the image of 'the path of Proxima Centauri thru the sky' you can fix the scale of the yearly distance from the height of the loops - which in Tychos we know to be the parallax created by the diameter of the earth.

I measured it on my laptop screen and got a low number I thought in ball park agreement for speed of Earth which was pretty good.. What really knocked me out was that after Simon said Proxima Centauri was not anywhere near the pole star, I looked up the declination (about 60 degrees) and increased the height by Tan30 - and lo and behold I got 1.6 km/hr !!! With a caliper on a laptop screen!!!

Sorry that should be Sin 30. The projected diameter of Earth at 60 deg inclination / projected dia straight up.
nokidding

Previous

Return to HOW TO REGISTER at CLUESFORUM - and other tips