Engineering Racism

Anything on the news and elsewhere in the media with evidence of digital manipulation, bogus story-lines and propaganda
heniek1812

Re: Engineering Racism

Unread post by heniek1812 »

These kids, and I sincerely hope I’m wrong, will go the way of the dodo.
I sincerely hope they go the way of the Dodo as fast as possible. To boot, I won't be sorry for a minute that it happened.
ICfreely

Unread post by ICfreely »

heniek1812 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:14 am I sincerely hope they go the way of the Dodo as fast as possible. To boot, I won't be sorry for a minute that it happened.

Well there's always hope that some will grow out of it sooner than later, dear heniek1812.

Can Russia (Or Iran) Survive Without China?
The Saker • November 21, 2019
https://www.unz.com/tsaker/can-russia-o ... out-china/

Is water wet?

What's that old saying about rodeos and cowboys?

I would also add something Jeff did not address: Iran. I believe that both Russia and China also very much need Iran. Okay, that is not a vital need, both Russia and China could survive without an allied Iran, but Iran offers immense advantages to both countries, if only because thanks to the truly phenomenal stupidity of the Neocons the US’s breathtakingly stupid policies in the Middle-East (here is just the latest example) have turned Iran into a regional super-power eclipsing both Israel and the KSA. Furthermore, if Russia has shown much more political and moral courage than China (which, lets be honest, has been pretty happy to have Russia taking the brunt of the Empire’s attacks), Iran has shown much more political and moral courage than Russia, especially concerning the slow-motion genocide perpetrated by the Zionist Entity in Palestine.

… thanks to the truly phenomenal stupidity of the Neocons…

Unintended consequences… Got it.

…the US’s breathtakingly stupid policies in the Middle-East (here is just the latest example) have turned Iran into a regional super-power…

Great Scott!

A long time ago in a place far from Kansas, a strange people who called themselves “Irooni” saved the Whore of Babylon from Babylon. With the aid of the Whore’s minions (merchants-moneylenders) the Irooni (Aryans/Iranians) established the Royal/Silk Road that for the first time connected Europe, Asia and Africa (and eventually inspired Spain’s El Camino Real and America’s Pony Express). Ever since, Iran (which is seated at the crossroads of the world) has both influenced and been influenced by every single culture it has come into contact with.

Iran’s motto is, “A stranger is a gift from God.”

The Persian Language and What Makes It Fascinating

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZtlDNcbeE8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZtlDNcbeE8

… eclipsing both Israel and the KSA.

So a 300 year old nation, America, somehow managed to turn a 3,000 year old nation, Iran, into a regional super-power that’s shockingly more influential than two nations, Israel and Saudi Arabia, which are 70 and 87 years old respectively. What's the world come to?
heniek1812

Unread post by heniek1812 »

ICfreely wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:38 am
heniek1812 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:14 am I sincerely hope they go the way of the Dodo as fast as possible. To boot, I won't be sorry for a minute that it happened.
Well there's always hope that some will grow out of it sooner than later, dear heniek1812.
The way I see it observing this "creative music" for the past 25 yrs or so is that the Social Engineers are getting the right results and will continue to support its huge reach in MSM. Nothing like propagating illiteracy/dumbing down through a fun activity. Additionally you get better results than Jones Town cool-aid as the victim lives and you can make easy money on them. A win-win anyway you look at it.
ICfreely

David Frum Accuses Tucker Carlson of Dual Loyalties to the Moscow-Fox Axis of White Evil
Steve Sailer • November 25, 2019

As I mentioned yesterday, a lot of the current push for World War III is coming from media types who are getting themselves all worked up over their feelings that the World Is Already At War between the Moscow-Tehran-Fox News Axis of Evil and the Beltway-Jerusalem-Kiev Alliance of Niceness. For example, just now:

But really, if David could just come visit the Ethnic Foods aisle in my dad’s old Jon’s Supermarket in Valley Village, CA, he could see how all sorts of people who are some fraction of both sides in this conflict inside David’s head. Yet, they all seem to get along well enough. So we really don’t need to get into a tank war on the Eastern Front.

https://www.unz.com/isteve/david-frum-a ... s-of-evil/

And if David were to drive a few blocks up from that Jon’s he’d notice that a local Jewish children’s school is gated with armed guards. Then if David were to go to Tehran he’d see for himself that the Jewish schools and Synagogues there aren’t fortified like prisons. But David would most likely interpret that as a sign that Iranian Jews are being deprived of their right to defend themselves (against imaginary enemies). Even if Iranian Jews were to tell him that they feel safe in Iran he would assume they were being forced under duress to make such statements.

On a side note: No matter how bad things appear to be, they can always be worse. Can you imagine living in a world dominated by APM’s (Armenian Power Mongers)?

Thank G-d for small favors. :P
ICfreely

Iran’s ‘Only Crime Is We Decided Not to Fold’
Foreign Minister Zarif sketches Iran-US relations for diplomats, former presidents and analysts
Pepe Escobar • November 26, 2019

• Sbaker says:
November 27, 2019 at 11:59 am GMT • 100 Words

Zarif, suffering from his memory lapses, failed to mention here that Persia received a $6 billion dollar–cash extortion payment–and the fact his government supports the mass murder and serial killing of soft targets. Persia is the #1 sponsor on the planet of targeted mass murder and serial killing of unarmed men, women, and children. Persian women were once treated as human beings and not goats, for a brief period several decades ago.
https://www.unz.com/pescobar/irans-only ... t-to-fold/

Whoa whoa whoa, Kemosabe!

Persia, eh? Purim much?

Pre 1979 “Persia” was terrorized by SAVAK (agents of MOSSAD-omites).

Post 1979 “Persia” has been terrorized by SAVAMA (agents of MOSSAD-omites).

Pre 1979 headscarves were completely optional (after the Shah put an end to his father’s ban).

Post 1979 Khomeini made them mandatory despite protests by even conservative observant Muslim women.

Pre 1979 the government took no official stance on homosexuality. It was not prosecuted or celebrated.

Post 1979 homosexuality and adultery became punishable by stoning and other barbaric ways. But homosexuals could avoid punishment if they agree to undergo sex change operations. Not only does the government encourage it, but it subsidizes it. Then it pimps them out with “temporary marriage” licenses.

List goes on and on…

But in spirit I agree. Persians shouldn’t be treated like goyim.
ICfreely

Is It Jaw-Jaw or War with Iran?
Pat Buchanan • December 10, 2019
Monty Ahwazi says:
December 10, 2019 at 12:51 am GMT • 100 Words

The US has already been at war with Iran for many years. Unlike the Hot and poorly managed invasion of Iraq the war with Iran has been a COLD war. Bottom line is that the old marriage in between the Iranians and Americans has been broken and both sides have gone through a very bad divorce! So get over it because the bonds between the two countries have been broken and replaced with distrust [by you know WHO]. The US deserves good friends like Saudis and not Iranians!
https://www.unz.com/pbuchanan/is-it-jaw ... with-iran/

The Monty doth protest too much, methinks.

Riddle me this, Monty; Are the same divorce lawyers who made a killing on the US-Iran debacle (by playing both sides against the middle and bilking them with exorbitant fees) going to handle the Sunni-Shia divorce as well?

Does the US plan on making an honest woman out of KSA or will it just keep her as a side chick?

Cui bono, Agha Ahwazi?

Agha in Kurdistan

In Kurdistan, within the tribal Kurdish society, "agha" is the title given to tribal chieftains, either supreme chieftains, or to village heads. It is also given to wealthy landlords and owners of major real estates in the urban Kurdish centers, although these landlords are usually with heavy tribal relations. The common tribesmen would honor the chieftains or the village heads by calling them "agha" or "agha" so and so. The "agha" would usually have a diwan or diwan-khane, a special room, or house, dedicated to the "agha" and his male guests, for sitting and drinking tea, discussing the affairs of the tribe and other mundane subjects. The agha and his guests would listen at times for local or visiting singers and story tellers (usually Jewish merchants or peddlers), who would entertain the "agha" and his guests. The common agha was in fact one person who was in charge of several major tasks of the tribal society under his jurisdiction: He was the head of the political unit, the main judge and arbitrator, the main military leader of his armed tribesmen, the main finance minister responsible mainly for receiving dues from his subjects for their harvest and commercial transactions committed under his jurisdiction. One of the best studies on "aghas" in the Kurdish society is the book of Mordechai Zaken, Jewish Subjects and their tribal chieftains in Kurdistan.[5]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agha_(tit ... _Kurdistan
Ahwazi Arabs are an Arab community in Iran which resides mostly in the resource rich Khuzestan Province in southwestern Iran, bordering Iraq.[1] This area is known as Ahwaz by the Arab community, and the capital of Khuzestan is Ahvaz. Ahwazi Arabs are the largest Arab community residing in Iran.[2]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahwazi_Arabs
ICfreely

Another comment from Pat's article:
Hossein says:
December 11, 2019 at 1:11 pm GMT • 200 Words
@Monty Ahwazi

The marriage between the Mullas and empire still exists. The barking, harrassement and exporting violence and in particular sectarianism to the region have benefitted the empire greatly by forcing despotic regimes in the region to purchase hundreds of billions in weaponry.
It is shocking that Buchanan does not mention the recent atrocities in Iraq and the slaughter of civilians in southern petro chemical city of Ma,ashoor were tens and perhaps hundreds of ethnic Ahwazi Arabs were butchered by the Persian regime.

The rotten mullas cooperated with the empire against Afganistan Najib government and every progressive movement in the region. Their criminal support for the so called “northern allianc” , a coalition of heroin dealers and warlords is a perfect example of such cooperation.
The Mullas ,without help from Imperial powers, would never have been in power .
A reactionary medeival mulla like Komeini regime was and still is a perfect tool to confront nationalist movements .
The truth is that the government of sadistic Rabbis and reactionary Persian Mullas are in cahoots to divide the middle east between themselves.
The Yinon and Greater Persia plans are the same .

https://www.unz.com/pbuchanan/is-it-jaw ... with-iran/

I agree. Those fanatical extremist reactionary Mullahs, most definitely, are a blight unto the nation.

ICfreely wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:49 am
Flabbergasted » August 5th, 2016, 6:06 am wrote: Perhaps there were three Jews and three Crypto-Jews :rolleyes:

FYI, Flabbergasted, a common name for Iranian crypto-Jews is…

MULLAH
The term has also been used among Persian Jews, Bukharan Jews, Afghan Jews, and other Central Asian Jews to refer to the community's religious and/or secular leadership. In Kaifeng, China, the historic Chinese Jews who managed the synagogue were called "mullahs".[5]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mullah
The Challenges of Spiritual Leadership

The viziers of Iran would arrest Jews such as Mullah Elijah, then chief rabbi of Shiraz, and require them to pay an exorbitant fee or convert to Islam. At first, Elijah said he would convert and become a Muslim, but he would need time to prepare for the transformation. However, when his time was up he refused to convert, so he was locked in a dungeon and brutally whipped. Unsurprisingly, missionaries who visited Shiraz at the time found that many of Shiraz’s outward converts were both socioeconomically and religiously miserable, held an inward contempt for Islam, and maintained the appearance of being identical to their Muslim neighbors while they continued to practice Judaism within their own homes.

Rab Yusef, also known as Ohr Shraga, was an Iranian mystic and Jewish leader for the community in Yazd during the late 18th century. A direct descendant of King David, he is known for performing many miracles, and his tomb in Yazd is considered a religious holy site for Jews and Muslims alike even today (Lalezar 2006). His counterparts were Mullah Mosheh Halevi of Kashan, a Kabbalist, rabbi, and author of books on Jewish mysticism, and later Mullah Rabbi Isaac of Tehran, one of the first rabbis to contact the Alliance Israelite Universelle in search of protection for the Jews of Iran from persecution by Shiite government officials.

Preserved marriage contracts show that intermarriage was also common among Persian Jews, even in ancient times. Ezra and Nechemiah, two of the later Jewish figures of the Tanach, publicly banned intermarriage and issued punishments to those who married outside the faith (Price 1996). In the century and a half that followed the construction of the Second Temple, the final codification of Jewish law—with its clear rule against intermarriage—was one of the prominent factors ensuring the continuation of the Jewish people in the Middle East, and Iran in particular. While it has not always been adhered to, the law, combined with a nearly constant threat of persecution, has been integral to the continued survival of Iranian Jewry (Bard 2010). The mass emigration of Jews from Iran in the mid to late twentieth century has proven the most trying to its preservation of faith and custom; hence, the more isolated communities that opted not to emigrate, such as the Jews of Mashhad, have seen lower rates of intermarriage than others.

[comment]
Historically Inaccurate
I'd like to have you know Mullah Elijah was the chief rabbi of Hamedan. My great-grandfather and his fathers before him were the first Chief Rabbis of Shiraz. It started with Mullah Shlomo, then Mullah Darvish, then Mullah Pinchas, then Mullah Rachamim, then Mullah Yitzchak, then Mullah Yosef, then Mullah Shlomo, and then the last Chief Rabbi of Shiraz, my great-grandfather, Mullah Meir Moshe. I am very insulted that you would dare to denounce the fact that my forefathers were the Chief Rabbis and this Mullah Elijah was. Please email me back about the subject.

Ezra Dayanim
Silver Spring, Mayland
http://www.chabad.org/library/article_c ... f-Iran.htm
Sad Fate of Iran's Jews

By Parvaneh Vahidmanesh, Washington (source: Institute for War& Peace Reporting)
05/13/10

Many tell with horror the story of how the Jews of Mashhad were forced to convert to Islam in March 1839, in what is known as the Allahdad incident.

Over the years, some felt so threatened that they chose to convert to Islam, but continued to practice Judaism in secret - becoming so-called crypto-Jews.

One of the latter, Moshe Hakimi, from Mashhad, spoke to IWPR about this community's dual identity.

"Every newborn was told from his first years of life that we are living in times of crisis and that they must lead a double life. They told us that we must not talk about our personal lives in front of non-Jewish people. This absolute secrecy became second nature after reaching puberty," he said.

"Therefore, all Jewish converts to Islam had two names: for example, my grandfather's Muslim name was Sheikh Aboulghasem and his Hebrew name was Benjamin. My father's Muslim name was Ebrahim and his Hebrew name was Abraham. Outside they call me Mousa and at home, I'm called Moshe. In my father's lifetime, many of the Jews had very Muslim names. They even went to Mecca on pilgrimage and became Hadjis."

Some of these crypto-Jews observed Islamic creeds more zealously than the Muslims.

The Mozafarian and Froughi families are among the Jews who have embraced Islam in the past 100 years and found important social and political status for themselves.

Nasser Makarem-Shirazi, one of the Shia Grand Ayatollahs, who is close to the government, had Jewish ancestors. He is now known as a radical cleric. The Asgaroladi brothers, influential figures in the Islamic Republic, are also of Jewish descent. Habibollah Asgaroladi has for years been the secretary-general of the powerful Islamic Coalition Party. His brother Asaddollah is a powerful merchant, who is also the head of the Iran-Russia and Iran-China chambers of commerce.

http://www.payvand.com/news/10/may/1135.html
Crypto-Jew is the correct term, as it also refers to Jews forced to adopt other religions and political philosophies while maintaining Jewish practices. Crypto-Judaism pre-dates the Inquisition, as Jews were forced by the Al-Mohavid invasions of Spain to become Muslims, creating Crypto-Jews who gradually fled to Christian districts for protection from the Muslims (see Roth's History of the Jews). In modern times outwardly Muslim Crypto-Jews are known to be in Meshed [Mashhad], Iran, and in Turkey.

http://shamash.org/lists/scj-faq/HTML/faq/13-05.html
The Crypto-Jewish Mashhadis: The Shaping of Religious and Communal Identity in Their Journey from Iran to New York

Hilda Nissimi

This book tells the little-known story of a fascinating crypto-Jewish community through two centuries and three continents. Beginning as a precarious settlement of a few families in mid-eighteenth-century Mashhad, an Islamic holy city in northern Iran, the community grew into a closely-knit group in response to their forced conversion to Islam in 1839. Muslim hostility and a culture of memory sustained by intra-communal marriages reinforced their separate religious identity, vesting it in strong family and communal loyalty. Mashhadi women became the main agents of the cultural transmission of communal identity and achieved social roles and high status uncharacteristic for contemporary Jewish and Muslim communities. … The Mashhadis maintained a double identity – upholding Islam in public while tenaciously holding onto their Jewish identity in secret. The exodus from Mashhad after 1946 relocated the communal centre to Tehran, and later to Israel and after the Khomeini revolution to New York. The relationship between the formation and retention of communal identity and memory practices – with interconnected issues of religion and gender – draws upon existing research on other crypto-faith communities, such as the Judeoconversos, the Moriscos, and the French Protestants, who through the special blend of memory-faith and ethnicity emerged strengthened from their underground period. For the immigration period, the author challenges the old paradigm that “modernity and religion are mutually exclusive”. The book also explores the sometimes uncomfortable yet intimate relationships that exist between seemingly incompatible ways of seeing the past, both secular and religious.

https://www.amazon.com/Crypto-Jewish-Ma ... 1845191609
http://cluesforum.info/viewtopic.php?f= ... a#p2401217
ICfreely

Long after his resignation, Nixon called Buchanan a confidant and said he was neither a racist nor an antisemite nor a bigot or "hater," but a "decent, patriotic American." Nixon said Buchanan had "some strong views," such as his "isolationist" foreign policy, with which he disagreed. While Nixon did not think Buchanan should become president, he said the commentator "should be heard."[18][19]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Bucha ... hite_House

Hear, hear!

President Nixon's Farewell to the White House Staff

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32GaowQnGRw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32GaowQnGRw

18:57 - President Richard Nixon: “We want you to be proud of what you’ve done.” (As the camera focuses on Henry Kissinger.)

RIP President Nixon.
ICfreely

German Students Tell The Truth About Iran | TAPPERSIA

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6dbIYIY9z4
Mar 13, 2019

A group of German Geography students traveled through Iran and we had the pleasure of hosting them for an evening at our office. Here is what they had to say about the travel and their experiences.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6dbIYIY9z4

1) These lovely Germans kids, having obviously been radicalized by the "Mad Mullahs of the Persian Empire", should be placed on a “sleeper cell” watch list in perpetuity.

-or-

2) They’re there to recruit their Iranian peers with "neo-Nazi/Aryan" propaganda.

Those are the only two options for people plagued with the disease of Perpetual Paranoia.

Others might see this as a good development – a positive (not zero or negative) sum game.
ICfreely

With my beaver hat firmly in place, I shall reinterpret a prophetic statement made by the Ayatollah.

shah of iran amazing party , decadence and the downfall bbc must watch

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDhGPYWfKFU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDhGPYWfKFU

1:09:50

Ruhollah Khomeini (voiceover):

God [G-d] Almighty sent Moses to destroy the King who blasphemed and strayed from the righteous [usurer’s] path and showed us we have to enter into government and politics and topple all the Kings of our age.

If we are decisive [divisive], we will be successful. The hand of God [G-d] is with Muslims [crypto-Jews] who are united and speak as one.

Foreign leaders and Kings eat like vultures and wild beasts [Goyim]. They will all burn in hell.

Mazel tov, meshuggahs!

P.S.
40:36

Abdolhassan Banisadr (President of Iran 1980-81):

People joked, “[Cyrus] sleep calm, we’re ruining the country, sleep calm we’re spending the oil money.”

Speaking of jokes, this ingrate (whose Western education was made possible thanks to the Shah’s father, Reza), after all these years, still has the audacity to ridicule and denigrate a dead man he helped destroy decades ago. Pathetic.
ICfreely

Shame on Merkel for Denying Iranian regime’s anti-Semitism
Karmel Melamed
Oct 23, 2019

Earlier this month German Chancellor Angela Merkel’s government declared that the Iranian regime was anti-Israel, but was not anti-Semitic in its calls for Israel’s destruction. The absurdity of this statement by the German government has shocked many Jews worldwide, but is perhaps most insulting to my Iranian Jewish community who has firsthand experience of the vile anti-Semitism of this radical Islamic regime in Iran during the last 40 years. The vast majority of us Iranian Jews know all too well that this regime in Tehran not only has a deep rooted hatred for Jews, but has advanced an on-going campaign of terror against Iran’s Jews, promoted Holocaust denial, advanced state-sponsored discrimination against Jews as well as other religious minorities, and has also carried out random executions and confiscations of Jewish assets in Iran since coming to power in 1979. Shame on the German and other European governments for turning a blind eye to the Iranian regime’s deep rooted anti-Semitism in order to advance their own economic interests. After eight decades since the Holocaust, we realize that nothing has changed in Europe and its leaders will look the other way when it comes to Jew-hatred.

Again and again the list of anti-Semitism from the Iranian regime which is not related to Israel is quite long and it is utterly ridiculous for the current German government to deny it! Shame on Merkel and shame on members of her government who continue to maintain diplomatic and economic relations with the Iranian regime that so proudly denies the Holocaust! German laws prohibit the denial of the Holocaust, but German government officials are hypocrites for failing to apply that same law and standard when it comes to the Iranian regime’s officials denying the Holocaust. :huh: The failure of Merkel and her officials to deny the Iranian regime’s open and proud anti-Semitism is either because of their greater desire for economic trade with the regime or because of a sinister tradition of anti-Semitism in Germany. :ph34r: The German nation and people should be among the first and most vocal critics of the Iranian regime’s anti-Semitism, instead of being their greatest apologists! For anyone, including the Germany government to ignore or deny the Iranian regime’s heinous anti-Semitic record and disgusting Holocaust denial, it is horrendous and must be fully condemned.

https://blogs.timesofisrael.com/shame-o ... -semitism/
From ancient Persia to Hitler’s Germany to modern Iran, Purim reminds us of God’s love for & protection of the Jewish people from those who seek to “annihilate” them.
Joel C. Rosenberg
https://flashtrafficblog.allisrael.com/ ... late-them/

Zombies! :(
ICfreely

What Really Happened in Iran?
A fuel tax hike set the country ablaze and triggered a social backlash
Pepe Escobar • December 6, 2019
A123 says:
December 9, 2019 at 5:44 pm GMT • 200 Words

Trump’s highly intellegent [sic], well executed, foreign policy is working. The sharia compliant Globalist elites, including Mutti Mullah Merkel, recently made another attempt to break Trump’s sanctions via INSTEX. Just like prior attempts, this was a 100% fail as no transactions took place. Trump has soundly thumped the unelected, elitist, dhimmi EU Commission and its adherents.

The violent Iranian Theocracy and its leader, sociopath Ayatollah Khameni, stand alone.

When will the people of Iran take their country back?

PEACE :)

(1) https://www.timesofisrael.com/russia-su ... nrichment/
(2) https://www.businessinsider.com.au/iran ... st-2019-12
https://www.unz.com/pescobar/what-reall ... d-in-iran/

Who’s to say?

When will the people of America and Germany take their countries back?

PEACE :)
ICfreely

Just a quick thought on Unz Review commentators who are suspect of Ron Unz, Gilad Atzmon and others of not being trustworthy because deep-down they always have “is it good for the Jews” in the back of their mind and whatnot.

Ultimately, who knows what’s in a man’s heart? That said, I'd like to stress three points:

1) I would hope that they have the best interests of their people at heart. If they were to go “stormfront” on their own people I’d doubt their sincerity.

2) “Is it good for the Jews?” doesn’t have to be a negative sum game.

3) Nobody has it all figured out so how about cutting them some slack?

P.S.

If you really think about it, what's the difference between "antisemite" and "ungawa"?

The REAL Origin Of The Word "Ungawa" & Various Ways That Word Has Been Used In The USA
Edited by Azizi Powell
Thursday, August 13, 2015
Latest Updated - January 29, 2019

This pancocojams post shares information about the origin and examples of the use of the word "ungawa"(oon-GAH-wah).

The content of this post is presented for etymological, historical and cultural purposes.

All copyrights remain with their owners.

Thanks to all those who are quoted in this post and thanks to those who contributed rhyme examples that are included in this post. Thanks also to the publishers of the videos that are mentioned in this post or that are featured in this post.

ORIGINS OF THE WORD "UNGAWA"
From http://wordoriginsorg.yuku.com/topic/80 ... cFKDf3wtv4 KiSwahili To Hollywood
[Pancocojams' Editor's summary]
In the KiSwahili language of East Africa and Central Africa "umgawa" means "entangled". But in 1932 MGM screenwriter Cyril Hume lifted the word "umgawa" from the Swahili language for the Tarzan movies. Those movies were being adapted from books written by Edgar Rice Burrough books.

In the Tarzan movies "ungawa" was the way that Tarzan communicated with animals and with Black people who lived in the near where Tarzan found himself. That word could mean whatever the screenwriters wanted it to mean.

Here's a video clip that provides information about the Hollywood origin of the Swahili word "umgawa":

Umgawa!

http://pancocojams.blogspot.com/2015/08 ... rious.html
ICfreely

1970s Shah of Iran Interview, Posters, at Theatre in HD

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7sK3o8XVEA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7sK3o8XVEA

5:23 - Mohammad Reza Shah: “…and a very very funny thing developing now is what the Marxist organization which has a label of Marx – ‘Islamic Marxists.’ This is something quite new.”

The following article sheds some light on one of the jokers responsible for creating “Islamic Marxism.”

We owe radical Islamist militancy to Brzezinski
Zbigniew Brzezinski, who passed away on May 26, 2017 at the age of 89, was one of the U.S.’s most highly praised foreign and security policy gurus of the past half-century.
By MURAT YETKİN [email protected]
May 29 2017

Considered the “Democrats’ answer to the Republicans’ Henry Kissinger in the early stages of his career, in the Cold War atmosphere of the late 1960s, Brzezinski was a staunch supporter of the “Rollback” policy of Dwight Eisenhower and John Foster Dulles. That policy held that antagonism would only push Eastern Europe closer to the Soviet Union, and Brzezinski became one of the supporters of the “détente” policy within U.S. administration circles in the 1970s.

In the meantime he maintained his contacts with Eastern Europe, especially in his native Poland. The Polish service of the CIA-operated Munich-based Radio Free Europe (RFE) was one of those key channels from the 1950s. Another contact from the 1960s was Adam Minchnik, who would later become one of the leaders of the Solidarity movement in Poland together with Lech Walesa. Solidarity played a key role in the disintegration of the Soviet Union, along with the election of Polish bishop Karol Jozef Wojtyla as Pope John Paul II in October 1978.

That was the year when Brzezinski’s political views started to change. He was appointed as National Security Adviser by U.S. President Jimmy Carter in 1977, but by the following year - while Carter’s Secretary of State Cyrus Vance was pressing to maintain the “détente” policy of avoiding antagonism and promoting strategic arms limitation talks with the Soviets - Brzezinski was arguing that too much détente had allowed the Soviets to gain ground in the Middle East and Africa. Some antagonism might therefore be needed, especially in the Middle East.

Two dramatic developments in 1979 gave Brzezinski the opportunity to promote his new strategic look: The Islamic Revolution in Iran, which turned the country from being a strong ally of the U.S. to an enemy of the West overnight, and the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan.

It was Brzezinski’s idea to start giving money, military equipment and military training to Islamist tribes resisting the Soviet invasion, mainly with the help of Saudi Arabia, Pakistan and China. That equipment and training program of the Mujahedeen halted the Red Army advance and contributed to the disintegration of the Soviet Union, but it also planted the seed for the rise of radical Islamist militancy, triggering the emergence of organizations like the Taliban, al-Qaeda and later the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL).

The idea was to contain the Soviet Union from its south by supporting Islamist movements, as the Soviet south was largely populated by Muslim and mostly Turkic people. Some used to refer to this as the “Green Belt” policy.

The arms and training given to “partners on the ground,” who are ready to fight and die to defeat the immediate enemy, (it was the Soviets then, it is ISIL in Syria now), later turned against the West and hit the U.S. on 9/11, the biggest attack on U.S. territory after the Pearl Harbor.

Brzezinski’s ideas were actually a modification of the imperial era “Great Game” of the late 19th century, when the Russian expansion was confronted by the British Empire in Afghanistan and Ottoman-ruled Turkey. Almost a century after this Great Game, Brzezinski was performing a Great Game 2.0 on two fronts: In Afghanistan through the use of Islam as a military power and in Poland using Catholicism as a political power.

Brzezinski was one of the most influential actors in the collapse of the Soviet Union. But the consequences of his Afghanistan policy continue to cause bloodshed across the world. They present a dramatic lesson in why religion should not be played with for political purposes.

Turkey has suffered much from extremist terrorism. In Turkish culture it is not permissible to speak against people who pass away, so I will not do that. But we should always try to look at historical facts from a different point of view.

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/opinio ... ski-113639

Neither the Shah, President Nixon nor President Sadat stood a chance.

UNUSED 31 7 80 ARRIVAL OF EX-PRESIDENT NIXON FOR SHAH'S FUNERAL

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3anpXJNzwY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3anpXJNzwY

1:08 – President Richard Nixon: “I do appreciate the opportunity this visit provides to pay a tribute at this time to President Sadat whose courage and statesmanship, in many areas, has I think been an example for leaders throughout the world. At a time when timidity and fear seem too often to play ‘leadership,’ his refusal to abandon a friend and to provide a haven for him for his last days was an inspiration for everybody.”

The same could be said of President Nixon for attending the Shah's funeral.
ICfreely

File this under:

“Unintended” Consequences

BOOK REVIEW
The Kissinger Factor

Nixon’s White House Wars: The Battles that Made and Broke a President and Divided America Forever
By Patrick J. Buchanan
Crown Forum, New York, 2017
HC, 437 pages, US$30.00
ISBN: 978-1-101-90284-4

Reviewed by Tom Pauken | October 25, 2017

What I found particularly revealing in the Buchanan book was his description of the events that led up to Watergate and the fall of the Nixon presidency. What a fascinating story. Future historians, in search of a complete account of how Watergate got its start will have to consult Buchanan’s book. It is all there.

What started the Nixon Administration down the slippery slope that ultimately led to the Watergate break-in and subsequent cover up? As Buchanan notes, it all started with the New York Times publication of “what would come to be called the Pentagon Papers, classified documents of the Defense Department about America’s entry into the Vietnam War during the Kennedy and Johnson administration.” Buchanan goes on to say, “The papers had nothing to do with us. I did not bother to read them.” The leaker was Daniel Ellsberg, “a former defense analyst and student of Henry’s [Henry Kissinger].”

Buchanan describes Nixon’s initial reaction to the publication of the Pentagon Papers as “subdued.” But, Henry Kissinger, Nixon’s NSC advisor (and Ellsberg’s former teacher), threw a fit. White House chief of staff H.R. Haldeman described Henry Kissinger’s reaction:

“[Henry] went completely into orbit … It was a case of wild over reaction … He talked passionate nonsense about how we were in a revolutionary situation …how the security of the United States was at risk … and how the New York Times must be stopped whatever it took. It was Henry in his worst tantrum ever … absolutely beyond belief …

In The Ends of Power, in 1978, Haldeman had laid the blame on Kissinger for having goaded the President when Nixon’s initial response to publication of the papers had been ‘muted’:

Kissinger told the President he didn’t understand how dangerous the release of the [papers] was. “It shows you’re a weakling, Mr. President.” Henry really knew how to get to Nixon. “The fact that some idiot can publish all of the diplomatic secrets of this country on his own is damaging to your image, as far as the Soviets are concerned, and it can destroy our ability to conduct foreign policy. If the other powers feel that we can’t control internal leaks, they will never agree to secret negotiations.”

Instead of letting the FBI handle the investigation, the White House decided to launch its own investigation of the leaks at Henry Kissinger’s urging (and against Pat Buchanan’s advice). Guess who they wanted to head up the investigation: Pat Buchanan. “The individual the President wanted to oversee the investigation and head the White House unit that would come to be called ‘the Plumbers’ – as its mission was to find and plug leaks was me.” Buchanan declined the assignment: “my feeling was, let the law take its course, let the FBI handle this.”

John Ehrlichman, who was domestic policy chief at the time and a close ally of H.R. Haldeman, was now in charge of “the Ellsberg account,” and he persisted in trying to get Buchanan involved in the “get Ellsberg scheme.” Buchanan responded with a memo to the effect that the dividends of going after Ellsberg weren’t worth the potential damage that might ensue. How right Buchanan was. It brought down a President. Ironically Henry Kissinger, who got the ball rolling on “Project Ellsberg,” went on to fame and fortune, Richard Nixon had to resign the presidency in disgrace.

There are so many vignettes about the inner workings of the Nixon White House in Buchanan’s book that it is fair to say that no future historian can write an objective study of the Nixon presidency without reference to Pat Buchanan’s epic.

http://sfppr.org/2017/10/nixons-white-h ... a-forever/