THE "CHATBOX"

A place to relax and socialize - to muse, think aloud and suggest
kalliste

Re: THE "CHATBOX"

Unread post by kalliste »

patrix wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:01 am This made my friend a bit unsettled since he supplements with vitamin D and he started talking about a study that concluded that the telomeres in our DNA benefits from vitamin D. I chose to not bring up the problems with DNA research that in my view are just as grave as those in virology. :)

Edit: And investigating this further it seems that vitamin D in high concentration is used as a rodent poison.
https://www.peoplespharmacy.com/article ... rat-poison
Same thing as with fluoride then that actually was patented as a insecticide in the 19th century, but is now argued to be beneficial for dental health in low concentrations. I don't know about that anymore. :)
It's a tricky one, somebody needs to show some plausible biological mechanism ... causation not correlation.

You should look into Linus Pauling who won a Nobel Prize but by the time he got into vitamins his political star had fallen. It's a weird story in a world of crazy stories. It's also a look at the "everything is dose related" issue. The good thing about vitamins is the toxicity is low, especially water soluble vitamins like Vitamin C, so they're probably mostly harmless anyway.

The only things I found that looked like flouride might be interesting was painting calcium flouride onto tooth enamel might help facilitate the natural process of the deposition of minerals into the enamel. You can get this done at a dentist. The adding of sodium flouride to random things you drink or even toothpaste doesn't have any logical connection to this except "flouride" is involved. I did read somewhere that sodium flouride would otherwise be a waste product of industry hard to dispose of, so that would provide a useful incentive.
patrix

Unread post by patrix »

Well, fool me once at it goes. The bottom line for me regarding medicine that I've now looked into for about 15 years and discussed with doctors since I come from a family with lots of MDs, is that the basic theories around cholesterol/heart disease, cancer and contagion simply doesn't hold water, which in turn means that the treatments doesn't either. And the fundamental principle of medicine hasn't actually changed for centuries - By using poisons, we cure or prevent disease. Well that's not very reasonable. Especially if the fundamental view of what disease actually is, is also wrong. For example it's a fact that if we receive antibiotics, we will be relieved of a sore throat, but it's not self evident that this is something beneficial. What if the sore throat was a symptom of a detox that our body deemed necessary to perform and that the poison in shape of antibiotics merely caused the body to postpone this necessary detox in order to deal with this poison? There is support for this in that throat "infections" treated with antibiotics tend to be reoccurring.

In short I don't find reason to believe that anything that is toxic in high concentrations like fluoride or vitamin D is beneficial in lower dosages, and there's also the added risk of toxic buildup.
kalliste

patrix wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:16 pm In short I don't find reason to believe that anything that is toxic in high concentrations like fluoride or vitamin D is beneficial in lower dosages, and there's also the added risk of toxic buildup.
I consider that doctors and medical treatment by "professionals" are an absolute last resort. Hospital is where people go to die.

There is a thing called hormesis, look it up. The human body is way more capable than people realise. Here's a weird story vaguely related since we're now on the subject of hormesis thanks to me. At one time I was very in to kick boxing. Whenever I went through those aircraft security scanners they would trip and the guy would search my lower legs carefully. I was a bit mystified until I caught a look at a scanner screen one time. It looked like I had metal rods right where my shins were. Kicking pads and clashing shins when sparring had thickened the bones of my shins abnormally and they showed up black instead of gray on the scan. The amusing thing was the guys kneeling down to mess with my shins didn't realise they were in fact making it trivially easy if I wanted to obliterate their face with a shin kick. Even to this day just short of boiling of rage every time I have to put up with bullshit airport security theatre. Now I'm in my sixties I've mellowed physically but not mentally I fear.
sekito

Unread post by sekito »

patrix wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:15 pm
kalliste wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:31 am AI is dramatically over-hyped
I have an MSc in Computer Science and I approve of this message. Quantum computing is bullshit too btw. :)
Mikhail Dyakonov and Gil Kalai agrees on the infeasibility of quantum computing
https://spectrum.ieee.org/the-case-agai ... -computing
https://www.quantamagazine.org/gil-kala ... -20180207/

AI (or nowadays, usually taken to mean ML) is quite another matter; but I agree that generalized AI is not practical currently

patrix wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:16 pm Well, fool me once at it goes. The bottom line for me regarding medicine that I've now looked into for about 15 years and discussed with doctors since I come from a family with lots of MDs, is that the basic theories around cholesterol/heart disease, cancer and contagion simply doesn't hold water, which in turn means that the treatments doesn't either. And the fundamental principle of medicine hasn't actually changed for centuries - By using poisons, we cure or prevent disease. Well that's not very reasonable. Especially if the fundamental view of what disease actually is, is also wrong. For example it's a fact that if we receive antibiotics, we will be relieved of a sore throat, but it's not self evident that this is something beneficial. What if the sore throat was a symptom of a detox that our body deemed necessary to perform and that the poison in shape of antibiotics merely caused the body to postpone this necessary detox in order to deal with this poison? There is support for this in that throat "infections" treated with antibiotics tend to be reoccurring.

In short I don't find reason to believe that anything that is toxic in high concentrations like fluoride or vitamin D is beneficial in lower dosages, and there's also the added risk of toxic buildup.
Check out "What really makes you ill?" by Lester & Parker on contagion and medicine, I think you will find your ideas given support
(also, "The Clot Thickens" by Malcolm Kendrick on heart disease; and "Tripping over the Truth" by Travis Christofferson on cancer)

Well, on Vitamin D, I think a distinction must be made between natural vitamin D (which is a hormone) vs. "Vitamin D" supplement which is something else.

On another note, I've found some resource I would like to share, but I don't want to make a post about them, so I reckon I will just leave it here in the chatbox
- YouTube channel IndustryHoax - exposes the faked deaths of various rappers and black celebrities
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2pgr1 ... F4h_SqgMOA

- Blog on the Isreal-Gaza war fakery, last updated in 2016 (might need Wayback Machine to access)
http://www.thomaswictor.com/

BTW, I wonder, is there a consensus/opinion here on Boston's dynamics?
Personally, I think their videos filmed indoors are partially faked (with wires), and the videos filmed outdoors are mostly fake (CGI)
patrix

Unread post by patrix »

sekito wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:06 pm
    Check out "What really makes you ill?" by Lester & Parker on contagion and medicine, I think you will find your ideas given support

BTW, I wonder, is there a consensus/opinion here on Boston's dynamics?
    Personally, I think their videos filmed indoors are partially faked (with wires), and the videos filmed outdoors are mostly fake (CGI)
    I'm well aware of Dawn and Dave. We've had them as guests on the podcast I'm part of
    https://www.spreaker.com/user/10042798/ ... r-and-dawn

And they're on the mark regarding viruses and the problem with allopathic medicine, but I don't agree with them when it comes to veganism. I think the reason plant based foods has been encouraged throughout the 20th century is because Dr Salisbury demonstrated in the 19th century that overconsumption of them can cause chronic disease https://archive.org/details/b20402582

Yes I agree that Boston dynamics is mostly a Spacex/NASA of robotics.
    sekito

Unread post by sekito »

Nord Stream leak, real or fake?

The line of perfectly horizontal clouds looks rather odd to me, though I cannot find any proof of fakery in the noise or luminance analyses…
    kalliste

sekito wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:29 pm Nord Stream leak, real or fake?

The line of perfectly horizontal clouds looks rather odd to me, though I cannot find any proof of fakery in the noise or luminance analyses…
    We don't know what's happening. Could be deliberate venting that nobody has ever paid attention to before. We don't know who did it if anyone did anything and so on. We're stuck with a meta analysis and the knowledge that it's all fake and whatever is really happening we're being lied to.

The reasons I think the whole situation are a fake WWE style circus show heavily involve the fact that if Putin was really serious the first thing he would have done was cut off Europe's energy supply. He could have walked into Ukraine practically unopposed if he'd done this. The whole clown show makes no sense whatsoever.
    Flabbergasted
    Administrator

Unread post by Flabbergasted »

Coming to a street near you...

Safeguard Defenders is a human rights NGO focusing on violations by the Chinese government. According to their website, the NGO was started in Beijing in 2009 under the name “China Action”, founded by human rights activists Peter Dahlin (Sweden) and Michael Caster (US) and a small group of Chinese human rights lawyers and other human rights defenders. I don’t know where their funding comes from. It would be interesting to do a Polly on them.

The NGO has just issued a report on a Chinese program by the name “110 Overseas”. The program is part of China’s Fox Hunt operation, run by the Chinese Ministry of Public Security, which in turn is one of several components of the wider Sky Net operation overseen by the National Supervision Commission. Its job is to establish overseas police “service stations” in a number of countries to round up Chinese expats suspected of telecom fraud and “persuade” them to return to China to be tried and imprisoned. It is reasonable to assume that “telecom fraud” is a euphemism for “political dissidence” and that the program is an attempt to both disguise and legitimize persecution outside Mainland China.

If you are wondering about the “11” reference, the number 110 is the emergency phone number in China, the equivalent of 911 in the US.

From the report...
    These methods allow the CCP and their security organs to circumvent normal bilateral mechanisms of police and judicial cooperation, thereby severely undermining the international rule of law and territorial integrity of the third countries involved.
    [...]
    It leaves legal Chinese residents abroad fully exposed to extra-legal targeting by the Chinese police, with little to none of the protection theoretically ensured under both national and international law.
    [...]
    The majority of overseas police “service stations” are in western democratic nations, with a particular focus on Europe, and not in the “nine forbidden countries”.
    The “nine forbidden countries” mentioned above (Turkey, the UAE, Myanmar, Thailand, Malaysia, Laos, Cambodia, Philippines and Indonesia) are said to be where the runaway Chinese “telecom scammers” hang out the most, and the Chinese government can, in practice and if they so desire, prevent any Chinese national from living in these countries. According to reports, there are now 54 such police “service stations” operating in 30 countries, but the number could well be higher.

Many “service stations” operate through fronts such as federations of industry and commerce. This may indeed be the case with the station located in São Paulo, Brazil. Google Maps shows a building with a sign saying “Associação Brasileira dos Empresários de Fujian” (the name Fujian is for some reason blurred out).

Established on 21 June 2017, the “Association” has for business purpose “activities of associations for the defense of social rights, culture and art”, which could mean anything. However, the current status is “terminated due to voluntary liquidation”.
    kalliste

If you're interested in dodgy Chinese organizations in foreign countries take a look at the Confucius Institute. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confucius_Institute
    Macaria

Unread post by Macaria »

Thanks Sekito!

I found the IndustryHoax material very enlightening - (I was a hiphop sucker back in the 90s until the early 2000s.)
    In the last few years I did wonder just where the business of cultural engineering in rap began. No doubt the engineering was there, but where did it begin? Could these artists have started out grass roots? Were they actually genuine folk from the 'hood', nobodies that had made a name based on real talent (of some sort?) who had then been taken at some stage, seen as marketable, and then led along a path?

No, that is not how it works.
    The Tupac story as an example demonstrates very well that hiphop was manufactured right from the underground and up - just like the counter culture of the 60s before that -(and evidently everything in between).

I note that Miles Mathis name comes up a few times in the videos - one video credits him as writing the content of that video.
    sekito

Unread post by sekito »

Macaria wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 2:25 pm I note that Miles Mathis name comes up a few times in the videos - one video credits him as writing the content of that video.
    To my knowledge, there was one or two videos on his YouTube channel that he took from Mathis(I’m not sure whether with Mathis’s permission or not…), but the rest I believe is written by the creator himself.

Rap culture, as part of Hollywood make-belief, doesn’t surprise me as being controlled from the top-down; after all, all aspects of Hollywood are
    sublimity

Unread post by sublimity »

Maybe it’s not even worth mentioning, because it’s all so tiresome, but Alex Jones has been ordered to pay sandy hoax families $965 million. 9/6+5 =9/11 -_-
    Flabbergasted
    Administrator

Unread post by Flabbergasted »

You thought I had forgotten this year´s CF mug, but nope ... here it is, fresh from the muggers!

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt3t_ERvTfM
    simonshack
    Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

Flabbergasted wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 6:57 pm You thought I had forgotten this year´s CF mug, but nope ... here it is, fresh from the muggers!
    :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:
    Nefilimp

Unread post by Nefilimp »

Third prime minister in three months time..