TYCHOS Chapter 23 - distance to stars

Simon Shack's (Tycho Brahe-inspired) geoaxial binary system. Discuss the book and website for the most accurate configuration of our solar system ever devised - which soundly puts to rest the geometrically impossible Copernican-Keplerian model.
kalliste

Re: TYCHOS Chapter 23 - distance to stars

Unread post by kalliste »

On the bright side, until Simon can come up with good pictures of Proxima, the latest fad in cosmology is I think helpful for the TYCHOS thesis. The current hegemonic theory of planetary formation is very heliocentric but gaining some ground is a modified version. The accretion disk model of planetary formation is all based on the Sun as the centre of an accretion disk and planets forming in orbits around that. An alternative is that planets accrete as far out gas giants and some migrate in towards the centre of the accretion disk and get stripped down to a rocky core. They don't form as rocky cores de novo. The conundrum of why Sun / Mars would be in a binary orbit then could be postulated to be that the binary orbit was set up when Sun and Mars were much more similar in mass. Mars got its gas stripped off, the Sun sparked up into a star - maybe because of pulling off Mar's lighter elements and increasing in mass - but the binary orbit remained as the other planets had moved in to position to make it the most stable configuration even after Mars dropping in mass. Thus we see the TYCHOS mechanics as a result of the dynamics of the early formation of the solar system.

https://www.space.com/12978-alien-plane ... iants.html

https://www.quantamagazine.org/how-are- ... -20220609/

I admit this is entirely conceptual with no math to back it up but it's a start.
Discumbobulate

Unread post by Discumbobulate »

Have just read Chap 23 in the online book. Superbly interesting reading. Very pleasing to see the ridiculous mainstream extreme stellar distance theory being demolished .

Having looked at Brahe's original model many years ago and pitted it against the heliocentric model it was obviously far superior to the mainstream version , Brahe's model having it's roots in true scientific empirical observation.

Looking at that geocentric model it seems that at some point Brahe must have seen Mars transit across the disk of the Sun. I know Kepler stole all Brahes work after getting rid of him but eventually was ordered to return this work to its rightful owners. The Mars data was never returned and some say it resides in the Vatican now.

Your work, Simon , is excellent in carrying that model forward . Marvellous how it all fits together . A great insight indeed.

I recall that the Brahe model had the distance to the stars being about 20x the distance from earth to the sun - I may not have recalled that correctly , might be less. Nice to see the stars actually within the limits of the solar system model. I think your work calls into question all given astronomic distances.
First thought was about Ole Roemers work resulting in earth being thought to be 8.5 light minutes from the Sun is shown to be invalid. This was based on observations of parallax to Jupiter taken six months apart.

I look forward to reading more when the book is published - much better to have a real copy to hand. Hope to be able to purchase one soon.

Another thing about the heliocentric model that is annoying is the pretence that we know and have measured the speed of light . The true speed of light can only be accurately measured by timing between two points separated by a known distance . Reflection from mirror to mirror several times cannot be equated to direct measure.

Nice short explanation here

https://www.veritasium.com/videos/2020/ ... d-of-light

Rambling on a bit now so I'll go now . Keep up that nice work
simonshack
Administrator

Unread post by simonshack »

Discumbobulate wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 12:23 pm Looking at that geocentric model it seems that at some point Brahe must have seen Mars transit across the disk of the Sun.
Dear Discumbobulate,

Thanks for your kind words with regards to my Tychos book. As a human being, I do appreciate some words of encouragement from time to time ! :)

However, please know that your above-quoted sentence is in error: Mars can never transit across the disk of the Sun and has, in fact, never been observed to do so. Only our Moon, Mercury and Venus can pass in front of the Sun (in either the Copernican or the Tychos models). This is also why one cannot reasonably argue (as some have done) that "in the Tychos, Mars just appears to be a third moon of the Sun".

As for the speed of light (or rather its detected 'diurnal variation') I think that you'll enjoy reading Chapter 24 of my Tychos book.

I will always welcome any comments, questions or suggestions from our forum readers. I'm currently putting the very last finishing touches to the 2nd Edition of the book before 'sending it to the printers' - so these next few days will be your last chance to help me fix any typos, errors, blunders - or even to amend or redact any section of the manuscript that may - for any reason - best be left out of the book. Thanks to all brainy & patient helpers and contributors! :)
Flabbergasted
Administrator

Unread post by Flabbergasted »

simonshack wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:55 am...these next few days will be your last chance to help me fix any typos, errors, blunders - or even to amend or redact any section of the manuscript that may - for any reason - best be left out of the book.
Approximately how much time is "these next few days"?
simonshack
Administrator

Dearest Flabbergasted !

As you know, I have integrated into the 2nd Edition the 47 addendums which you have been expertly copy-editing & proofreading during the last few years. Of course, during this 'integration process', some mistakes of mine may well have slipped back in - but I've been hesitant to ask you to spend even more of your time helping me out. This is to say that, if you're willing to do so, the book won't go to press before you give it the final 'ok' ! :)

The new book's manuscript is currently being converted into a slick pdf by Per Berglund - our new Swedish "Tychos Team member" (an expert book designer). He should soon submit a test copy of it - and I'll be sending it to you as soon as it's ready.
Flabbergasted
Administrator

I am sorry I have been asleep at the wheel ... I figured perhaps the second edition was designed to work as an editable online source. I hadn´t realized it was on its way to the printer's. Dependng on your schedule, I would very much like to help out with the proofreading :)
Discumbobulate

Unread post by Discumbobulate »

simonshack wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:55 am
Discumbobulate wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 12:23 pm Looking at that geocentric model it seems that at some point Brahe must have seen Mars transit across the disk of the Sun.
Dear Discumbobulate,

Thanks for your kind words with regards to my Tychos book. As a human being, I do appreciate some words of encouragement from time to time ! :)

However, please know that your above-quoted sentence is in error: Mars can never transit across the disk of the Sun and has, in fact, never been observed to do so. Only our Moon, Mercury and Venus can pass in front of the Sun (in either the Copernican or the Tychos models). This is also why one cannot reasonably argue (as some have done) that "in the Tychos, Mars just appears to be a third moon of the Sun".

As for the speed of light (or rather its detected 'diurnal variation') I think that you'll enjoy reading Chapter 24 of my Tychos book.

I will always welcome any comments, questions or suggestions from our forum readers. I'm currently putting the very last finishing touches to the 2nd Edition of the book before 'sending it to the printers' - so these next few days will be your last chance to help me fix any typos, errors, blunders - or even to amend or redact any section of the manuscript that may - for any reason - best be left out of the book. Thanks to all brainy & patient helpers and contributors! :)
Thanks for correcting my assumption that Mars transits the Sun. The assumption was based on Brahe's original model showing that Mars orbit passed through the orbit of the sun.

Since he was such a meticulous observational astronomer I assumed that he must have observed such a transit , hence the reason for the theft by Kepler of his Mars data which was never returned . A case of 2+2=5 I suppose.

I wiil slowly read chapter 24 with interest now.
simonshack
Administrator

Those who have read Chapter 23 of my book will know that the TYCHOS model posits that the stars are far closer (about 42633 X) than currently believed. In this post, I will demonstrate the utter absurdity of the enormous star distances estimated by the Copernican advocates.

*******************************************************************************************************************************************************

THE ABSURD COPERNICAN STELLAR SIZE & DISTANCE ESTIMATES

Our nearmost star Proxima Centauri is reckoned to be about 1/7th the size of our Sun. It is considered to be a “red dwarf star” (red dwarfs are the most common stars in our universe and are notoriously quite dim - oftentimes so dim as to be invisible in our best telescopes).

Proxima’s officially-estimated “true” angular diameter is 0.001” arc-seconds - although it appears to be MUCH larger in our telescopes (for comparison, the Sun’s observed angular diameter is 1920" arc-seconds).

Proxima’s distance from our Solar System is officially-reckoned (by modern astronomers) to be about 4.25 light years - or 268775 AU (i.e. 268775 X further away than our Sun). This, because (as their reasoning goes): 1920” / 268775 ≈ 0.007” / 7 ≈ 0.001”

Wow… this is 1,920,000 X smaller than the observed angular diameter of our Sun (1920”) – or, to wit, almost 2 MILLION TIMES smaller than the angular diameter subtended by the Sun in our skies! Now, as we go along, please keep in mind that we are talking about the VERY NEARMOST STAR to our Solar System, ok?

To put this into perspective, my below graphic shows how an object 100 X smaller than the Sun would look like - in our skies. Now, imagine if that little dot wasn’t only 100 X smaller (as in the below image) – but as much as 2 MILLION times smaller… Give it a good thought - and let it sink in for a moment…

(Note, if you're on your laptop, you need to step back from your screen at least 5 meters in order get a more realistic size of the Sun - as viewed from Earth)

So the question becomes: if that little dot were 2 MILLION times smaller than the Sun (which only subtends a mere 0.5° in our skies), HOW would it possibly be visible from the Earth - at all ? Can your mind even remotely conceptualize such a possibility? Oh wait, could it be because Proxima is an exceptionally bright / luminous star? Well, no - not according to officialdom… Here’s what we may read on the Wikipedia:

“(Proxima’s) total luminosity over all wavelengths is 0.17% that of the Sun, although when observed
in the wavelengths of visible light the eye is most sensitive to, it is only 0.0056% as luminous as the Sun.”
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proxima_Centauri

In other words, we are asked to believe that Proxima, our very nearmost star…

- Is 7 X smaller than our Sun
- Is located 268775 X further away than our Sun
- Is FAR, FAR dimmer (less luminous) than our Sun
- Has a “true” angular diameter almost 2 MILLION X smaller than our Sun

Yet, in spite of all this - Proxima is still readily visible (telescopically) from Earth !

Well, the Copernicans have come up with all sorts of excuses for this (e.g. ‘lens diffraction’ / Airy Disk / etc.) which I will cover in my next post - but this is all for now, folks!
patrix

Unread post by patrix »

Brilliant post Simon
Flabbergasted
Administrator

simonshack wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:53 amIn this post, I will demonstrate the utter absurdity of the enormous star distances estimated by the Copernican advocates.
There is still time to add this demonstration to the 2nd edition of the book...
simonshack
Administrator

Flabbergasted wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:09 pm
simonshack wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:53 amIn this post, I will demonstrate the utter absurdity of the enormous star distances estimated by the Copernican advocates.
There is still time to add this demonstration to the 2nd edition of the book...
Done! (today) :)

I have placed it in Chapter 23, "Are the stars much closer than believed?"