Satellites : general discussion and musings

If NASA faked the moon landings, does the agency have any credibility at all? Was the Space Shuttle program also a hoax? Is the International Space Station another one? Do not dismiss these hypotheses offhand. Check out our wider NASA research and make up your own mind about it all.

Re: Satellites : general discussion and musings

Postby SacredCowSlayer on Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:31 am

simonshack » September 28th, 2018, 6:24 pm wrote:
So the question is: HOW exactly could any man-made satellite survive (for years & years on end, as we are told) in the midst of such constant bombardment? Have we ever heard of any of those precious satellites being hit by any space debris? And please, spare me from the standard, idiotic answer that "space is sooo vast that it is unlikely that any of our satellites get hit by any meteors/comets/asteroids/space debris". Thanks.

According to the “experts,” these man made behemoths have been launched into the vacuum since Sputnik in 1957. :rolleyes:

I find this to be a good time to remind our readers of the story of “The Big Bounce,” featuring Echo One (claimed to be a whopping “ten stories tall” :blink:) found here:

full link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sY8MeZ6lpwI

It is truly difficult to take the “real satellites” seriously when the whole thing began with silly things like Sputnik and Echo One.

Moreover, it’s rare that modern day WiFi can be maintained without some kind of disruption (requiring physical access to the equipment) even in my own house (complete with atmosphere) for two weeks straight in the year 2018.
scs

scs@cluesforum.info
SacredCowSlayer
Administrator

Re: Satellites : general discussion and musings

Postby Mansur on Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:31 pm

simonshack » September 28th, 2018, 11:15 pm wrote:
TripleSpeak wrote: EDIT: One more question that I think would be useful to readers of this thread: what are those seemingly far away, fast-moving blinking lights you can see with the naked eye in the skies at night (official sources say are satellites)?

To my knowledge, in the pre-satellites era, which is a considerable time interval, people, even "official sources" titled them as "falling stars".
I've never laid on my back for more than 10 minutes under a clear sky and not spotted one.

This could have been said, I think, by all our forefathers. (And mothers.)
Mansur

Previous

Return to Apollo, and more space hoaxes